The Ticket Restaurant and Bar
808 Beatty Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 1C2Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Ticket Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vancouverchophouse.ca/
- Phone: 6046942467
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday to Monday–Open for Dinner at 5pm to midnight.(doors open early on game nights)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Rene Sonier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: we provide full service catering – corporate, off site or in home services available. Please contact Chelsea Stewart 604-694-2467 email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Events & Meeting Rooms; We have two gorgeous private spaces with your own TV’s and AV needs and a host of other areas suited to accommodate large parties. Full restaurant buy outs are also available for special events. Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Wendy Derzai 6046942467
- Special Events: Players has two private rooms and one semi private room for all your corporate, personal and festive celebrations.
A word from The Ticket Restaurant and Bar
Located in Downtown Vancouver right in the heart of the entertainment district, The Ticket Restaurant and Bar has a the perfection selection of Prime steaks style with some West coast flare. Featuring Certified prime dry aged beef along with top quality lamb, pork and the freshest of seafood daily. Choose from a great selection of wines to accompany your meal or just enjoy your favourite cocktail in the lounge. The room is rich with buttery leather booths and elegant hardwood. A perfect place to celebrate a night out, entertain clients, or stop in before or after an event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Ticket Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- We had a great evening. FirstOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/4/2012We had a great evening. First we were greeted by a very nice lady very friendly. The food was excellent, Prime Rib was done to perfection. I would highly recommend the spicy squid and the roasted beet salad. Our server was so professional. There is a second floor to this restaurant that was closed when we went. This is the place if you want to meet the night of a game where you would enjoy friends and the game while sipping on one of the interesting menu drink and one of Ticket and Bar's creation. The menu is not elaborated but we had a selection of dishes that was excellent. I would ask for a booth or window table next time. We will return. It was worth the drive from Pitt Meadows.Special Features:
- Bought a "on-line coupon",OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/2/2012Bought a "on-line coupon", took us in and serviced us with no fuss. Very good service and the food was even more amzaing. So good in fact I bought another coupon and will be bringing guests! Better then a certain chain steak resturant! Highly recommened the lamb shank and prime rib!Special Features:
- We went with a groupon forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012We went with a groupon for 2 appies, 4 entrees and 2 desserts for 4 people. Overall, the experience was just OK. Our appetizers never arrived (so we ended up taking them home in take-out containers at the end of the meal). Two of us had the rib-eye, and two had the prime rib. The rib-eyes were both way too fatty- mine had barely any meat! The desserts were good, and to be fair, the server tried his best. I am unlikely to go back without a groupon- our whole group agreed that the regualr prices were way too much for the experience we had.
- Don't bother going thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Our reserved table was not on time While waiting at bar, had to wait 10 min until someone came to take drink order Staff not friendly or smily with an attitude. Staff didn't communicate between them Food too expensive for what it is. They are trying to be fine food, but they are not
- Better beyond expectationSFM1VIPDined on 11/30/2012Based on the reviews which ranged from mostly horrendous to some great, I feared going there, but I had a special deal coupon for a 3 course meal for 2 at a greatly reduced price. I am happy to say that my experience was mostly very positive. First of all we were greeted very friendly at the door on arriving and leaving; our waiter Liam was charming and attentive and our meal was served briskly. The menu is very varied and the food was well prepared, arrived hot and tasted delicious. Was I blown away, no: it is not fine dining. It is a large, modern sports bar and based on it's location in front of the stadium, it being a hot spot on event nights and the type of clientele that would attract, the menu is appropriate.Special Features:
- Great food unbelievable service,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/29/2012Great food unbelievable service, been a few times and each time we get the same server, lucky for us, guy with glasses. I've had the pleasure to eat consistently in the best restaurants around the world, if I was opening a restaurant.....I would hire this guy....food is good, ambiance is ok.....it's a vancouver eaterie...this guy makes the differenceSpecial Features:
- the server doesnt even knowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/26/2012the server doesnt even know what is the soup of the day - staff should know prior to start shift of what is the specials etc. food is cold and take so long to get. other server like bus person doesnt know anything. very poor manage place and the food is cold is too bad since is a nice restaurant - that would be the last time we go there our friends feel the same way - bad experience.
- Perhaps it was poor timing?RochelleVIPDined on 11/25/2012I'm being nice giving 3 stars overall but I feel like the restaurant COULD redeem itself. We came in on a sunday as the Elton John concert was starting. The bar was a pig sty, booze spilt everywhere, napkins on the floor. It was just a mess. They stuck us where we didn't want to sit even though we asked to be somewhere else. Our server's english was only so so, so we didn't feel we could say much but what we wanted. Our dessert was over cooked, not a big deal it happens but her English was so poor and we couldn't identify a manager that we didn't say anything and just choked it down. I think the place has potential but I wouldn't suggest going near a concert or hockey game if you're looking for a good ambiance.Special Features:
- we had 5:30 dinner reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/25/2012we had 5:30 dinner reservations prior to the Paul McCartney concert, and didn't receive our food until 7:20. The table beside us arrived at 5:40 and were told around 6:45 that they would not be getting their dinner until after 8:00. They left. Our server had to keep relaying how long until we would get our dinner. First it was a 10-15 minute wait, half hour later it was another "10 minute wait" We never did see the General Manager, and although some drinks an appys were comped, it wasn't enough. We had to rush through our meal to get to the concert, and the food wasn't that inspiring. The restauant could not handle the volume of Grey Cup in the sports bar and a full dining area. By the time we left the restaurant was pretty empty.
- Despite making resevations,AbbigayleVIPDined on 11/25/2012Despite making resevations, we were sat at a table immediatly inside the front door. It was freezing. The door was actually open all the time with people coming and going and then when there was a line up it was just open. The service was slow-despite my reservation being for 515pm. We waiting 40 minutes for our appetizer, and then we decided that had to be our meal instead as we were so cold and now getting close to concert time.Special Features:
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2012Delicious prime rib, great service, easy reservation with a Groupon... I don't know why there's been any negative reviews, it was wonderful!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/17/2012Great food - awesome setting - service could have been a bit better.Special Features:
- only one issueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2012Over all great service and food. Just one issue - while waiting for more bread for our appetizer three servers tried to take our plates and food away. I understand the confussion as we were sitting with a half eaten dish but it would be nice just to have one server watch a table. Constantly repeating the same phrase became repeating and disturbed our romantic conversation. We still enjoyed ourselves and will come back.Special Features:
- Very good. Just the rightFlamingoDined on 11/16/2012Very good. Just the right combination of sports bar friendly and intimate restaurant. The wine list could have more selections.
- We had the groupon and itBob2VIPDined on 11/15/2012We had the groupon and it was good. Service and food was good. But the pricing is a bit $$. Wouldn't come here if it wasn't for the groupon to be honest
- We had a groupon for our meal,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2012We had a groupon for our meal, which was extremely generous. both our meals were good - my steak was brilliant, but could have used some more veggies. Her chicken sandwich was very tasty. Our server was terrific, and the dessert was quite good as well.Special Features:
- Exceptional night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012Our experience was exceptional! Our server Devon was great, I have to say he nearly made our evening with his kind gestures and constant attention. I will recommend this place as long as he's the server. Food was fantastic we both had prime rib and it was done to perfection for a medium-rare order. Overall great evening.Special Features:
- The food was great. CameFateDined on 11/11/2012The food was great. Came hot and perfectly spiced. However, our waiter decided it is more important to flirt with the waitresses. We finished our meal and asked for the dessert menu, the waiter promptly forgot about it and we proceeded to wait 5 minutes with him nowhere in sight to ask him again for it. After we decided on our dessert we managed to spy him flirting with the waitresses again. After 10 more minutes of waiting we lost our appetite for dessert and leftSpecial Features:
- A positive experience andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2012A positive experience and very good deal with the Groupon. Portions were a good size, especially the Ahi tuna.Special Features:
- Food Amazing, Service LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2012It took about 15min before a waiter even noticed we were seated. He seemed apologetic but did seem to forget about us through out the night. The 2 hostesses were rude and lots of people ended up leaving because the ladies were no where to be found to seat them. But the food was amazing!! My husband got the tuna and I got a seafood past and it was great!! The drinks were good too!Special Features:
- Expensive upsetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2012Very disappointed with the quality of food and service. Our patatoes and meat were cold, and the first two choices for dessert were sold out. We sat with empty glasses half the night, and had to ask a busboy to call our server over twice.
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/3/2012Like a sports bar more than an intimate restaraunt feel but nice decor and feel Steaks were done nicely and tasted great apple berry crumbler was not very good
- worst service I have ever hadBipqweVIPDined on 11/3/2012we had a reservation at 8. got there right at 8. hostess said they're getting our table ready & we can wait at the bar. after 30 minutes, we still didn't have a table. I went to see check on the status of our table. She said she was just coming to get us, but obviously she had forgotten about us. we sat down at our table. after 25 minutes our waitress still had not even come by the table. I had to go get her. we asked for a different server & told her why we wanted a new server (because the first one had not come by the table after 25 minutes). she was not much better. got my steak, but did not have a steak knife, I asked for one, but again she forgot. had to go get her again. again, when I wanted to pay, I had to go get her.
- Great service; average food.CarolLDined on 10/30/2012Quaint place to eat with a loved one, or a close friend. The setting is casual, and so is the food. A little on the pricey side for a simple meal. Service is top notch.Special Features:
- It was ok - nothing spectacular.NOLAVIPDined on 10/30/2012It was ok - nothing spectacular. The sauce on the mussels was fantastic, but on our main course the lamb shank was just ok as was the filet. Not something we would go back for as there are so many other fantastic places.
- we had a reservation for 6:30OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2012we had a reservation for 6:30 on an evening when there was a concert for Barbara Streisand. We arived about 40 minutes early in hopes of getting a table earlier. As the 2 hostesses searched your computer system, I noticed they had a hard time finding anything and when they did find my name with 6:30 beside it, they said my party had already been seated. Well this was imposible as they were all standing with me. We ended sitting in the bar area while we waited. i ha to sk if we could go there. Drinks took 40 minutes to come. i went and asked at 6:35 if our table was ready at which time they came back and took us upstairs by ourselves away fromt the atmosphere of being in a restaurant. the experience was a bust! I was not impressed.Special Features:
- We were using a voucher purchasedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2012We were using a voucher purchased through a Groupon type of thing when we went. The night we went, 4 out of 5 items on the Grill section of the menu were unavailable. For my next choice, the server very kindly accomodated my request to change the pasta that came with the lamb for a baked potato. My fiancé ordered the Side of Prime Rib asking for it to be Medium. When the food eventually arrived, the bottom of my baked potato was rock hard (had to use my steak knife to cut through it), the lamb had 4 bite size pieces of meat (the rest was fat) and my fiancé's prime rib was more of a rare to medium rare. The seasonal vegetables were wilted spinach. The glass of Malbec was delicious as was the white chocolate pumpkin spice brownie.
- Fan-freakin-tasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012I really liked our waitress she was down to earth, honest, knew what she was talking about and gorgeous. I really loved the restaurant and the food was fantastic. I will highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Good dessert / bad YorkshiresvanbarbDined on 10/23/2012I had the prime rib which was tasty but the yorkshire puddings were not very good. I think they had been made ahead and then warmed up - that just doesn't work well with yorkshires. The dessert was a flaky pastry strawberry cream delight! very good. I find the prices a bit high. We had a coupon so wasn't too bad but I probably wouldn't want to go there without one.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2012Had a great time. The waiter was professional, knowledgeable and very nice. We had a Groupon and it was nice to have the entire menu to select from. Food was delicious, I ordered the filet mignon medium rare and it was done exactly how I asked for. For desert we had the chocolate lava cake, so yummy...we had a very pleasant experience.
- The food and service was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012The food and service was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. Prices were reasonable and the vanilla custard and wafer dessert was very good! The music was very loud and all over the place. Not sure exactly who they are trying to appeal to. For a romantic date, the food and overall experience was nice, but the music was more like that in a bar.Special Features:
- Glad I had a dealfind voucherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Glad I had a dealfind voucher for this meal otherwise we didn't think it was worth the price.
- steaks were perfectly doneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2012steaks were perfectly done (beef duo and filet mignon) if pricey, squid was *spicey*, came in reasonable time, tasty. beware game nights - very packed and loud, our server literally ignored us for 20mins until I complained and the hostess sent someone else, but 1/2 the restaurant cleared out by 7/730, when it quieted down too. hostesses were very sweet and helpful. thankfully the restaurant honoured our Living Social coupon (which was still valid for The Chophouse, The Ticket's previous incarnation). the girl who served us gets 4 stars but i put 3 because the first guy oddly ignored us (to the point of not looking when my partner tapped on his back) - a simple "I'll be with you in a few" or organise someone else would have been better.Special Features:
- BC Lions game night, groupOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2012BC Lions game night, group of 11, we ordered food at 5:45... most meals arrived at 7 to 7:15... mine (seafood salad) never arrived at all
- Terrible service, food ?Matt911Dined on 10/19/2012We arrived for a pre football game meal that never was. I made the reso for 430, arrived on time and had a drink in the lounge while waiting for my party to arrive. At 515, we were seated upstairs and ordered some drinks, which took 25 mins to arrive. We ordered food at 540 and by 645, no food had arrived despite numerous queries to the server. He apologized saying "sorry, 3 people quit today". As a final insult, the bill for the drinks was wrong when we got it. We paid because we had good tickets and didn't want to miss the kickoff but ordinarily I would have complained. My food rating is one star because we didn't get a chance to sample.
- We won't be going back. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2012We won't be going back. Had a reservation for 8, and not seated at our table until 9 pm. Earlier in the evening I had been trying to call the restaurant many times to advise that we would be 2 instead of 4 people and to find out what their corkage fee was. They never answered the telephone until finally just a few minutes before we arrived. You couldn't even leave a message as their mail box was full. We had two appetizers, both $14 - touted as salads and for that price you'd expect a bit more. The portions were pathetically small.Ditto for the mains. I had seared tuna and I know what that means, but this fish was practically still flapping on the boat deck. Didn't sent it back though as couldnt be bothered to wait, wait wait
- The Ticket is an interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012The Ticket is an interesting place - the building is beautiful and the servers are fantastic, but I have to say I was disappointed by the food. It was simply overpriced for what is was. For example, I had a rib-eye steak for $40, and a "Spicy squid" appetizer for $14. My partner got a lamb dish for $29. The dishes were just mediocre. The lamb was accompanied by watery spaghetti. The rib-eye was fine, but I felt it was presented a bit haphazardly and wasn't flavorful. I emphasize there was nothing WRONG with the food per se, but it just didn't amaze me for the price we paid. I'm comparing this place to the Keg. The Keg is cheaper and I'd argue the dishes are more flavorful. You can pretty much get all the same dishes for much less.
- Go for the steak and conversationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2012A nice steak and wine place. My friend and I had a three course meal with a decent $30 bottle of Shiraz. 1st course was a goat cheese and plum chutney dish with flat bread, it was nicely paired with the wine. Main course, I had the 16oz prime rib. Overall a nice quality cut. The mashed potatoes were cooked with a decent amount of butter, so the result was a very creamy texture. Only disappointment was the Yorkshire pudding, which was completely hollow inside. Dessert was cheesecake, which was too fluffy, and a chocolate lava cake with ice cream. Fairly standard, and not overly memorable desserts, which was expected. Had a great time. Ambience and lighting was very conversation inducing. Spent close to 4 hours talking.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience fromOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2012Wonderful experience from the moment we arrived until we left. Resturant was high-end, noise level was susch that you could enjoy a conversation with you party but not be bombaried with conversation from other tables. Our meals couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- Best new spot in townOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Best food we had in a long time. Superb steaks and hot food. Excellent dessert.Special Features: