The Terrace Club
825 South Lake Blvd.
Mahopac, NY 10541Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Terrace Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://theterraceclubrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8456215200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wed - Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Wed - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Host your party here! On the water, what's more inviting? Top notch food and a view your guests will love!
Visit our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: The Terrace Club works with you to create an affair that fits into your wishes, needs and budget. We are willing to do anything to please our customer and make his/her private affair special. Please make an appointment, so that we can fulfill your needs. The Terrace Club works with their menu and builds around it to create an affair to your wishes. Anything you don't see, we can make special for you! Prices are per engagement and will be based upon your needs. Email Pam; email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Pam Cartelli 8456215200x
- Entertainment: We sometimes have live entertainment. Please "like" us on Face Book to stay current with all of our events. You may also join our mailing list by requesting to be added to it, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Jazz Brunch, Wine Dinner's, Live Music
A word from The Terrace Club
"Casual Glam" decor, warm and inviting all seasons. Raw Bar offers fresh Oysters, Little & Top Necks, Lobster, Crab, Shrimp and more. Menu features lots of Seafood, a Steak and a Vegan Option. Something for everyone. Outdoor seating in the Spring/Summer seasons is a real treat in addition to the menu, the view is breath taking. Warm interior invites you back all year long, as does the warmth of the welcome from the "Neighborhood" staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Terrace Club - Best Restaurants in Mahopac ›
The Terrace Club reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (71)great for outdoor dining (63)special occasion (33)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (21)romantic (19)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (17)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very nice!JimmythefoodmanDined on 9/13/2014Very good food and service. Owner very friendly. Had a good meal and a lot of fun!Special Features:
- The Terrace Club Sept 9 2014lavieenroseDined on 9/9/2014My friend and I dined at The Terrace Club on a Tuesday evening. We began our dinner sampling oysters, which were all very fresh and delicious, although we favored the sweeter West Coast varieties. My NY Strip Steak was cooked to medium-rare perfection; the accompanying broccoli rabes were simply delicious as were the mashed potatoes. I couldn't finish the steak and had it the following morning for breakfast; it was still delicious! My friend ate fish (I think it was a special that night) and she enjoyed it immensely. The atmosphere was delightful ---quiet and on the water as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatalfescofindDined on 9/4/2014It was a great night to dine al fresco and we enjoyed it. A little pricey but food was very good and more than enough. Asked for some parmesan cheese but it never did arrive -- other than that it was a great experience. I would go again and did the very next day for lunch!Special Features:
- Great Lake viewLK123Dined on 8/30/2014Accommodating service and the food was good, but not great. They still serve yummy popcorn with truffle oil in lieu of a bread basket. We dined on a Sat night and by 9:00 we were practically the last table still there. Somewhat older crowd which means early diners. This no longer has the vibrant bar scene that it used to be known for but still a good place with beautiful lake views. If weather is nice, request an outside table.Special Features:
- Nice, quiet dinner by the lateAerickDined on 8/30/2014The dining experience was very romantic. A nice quiet dinner at the edge of the lake. The waiters were great, the food was great and served in a timely manner. The chefs were also willing to adjust the recipe to accommodate our request. I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view from the terrace....truleybadDined on 8/28/2014We always visit this gem of a restaurant for food, the view !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SerenityByTheLakeDined on 8/28/2014Professional Staff. Scott was very receptive to our needs and most helpful. A very serene get away luncheon was most enjoyable.Special Features:
- ServiceYummyDined on 8/14/2014Our waiter was Sergio, he was friendly and the service was prompt and efficient. Our compliments to him .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sangria!joelockDined on 8/9/2014Right on boat dock of Lake Mahopac, great music in the back round, relaxing and elegant. Seafood appetizers fresh and delicious, Pork chop special was excellent, broccoli rabe was the best I've had. Lobster ravioli in vodka sauce was perfect. Fast professional service. Our new favorite place to spend date night on a beautiful summer evening. Feels like You are on vacation.Special Features:
- Beautiful DaylmkdpsDined on 8/5/2014We sat on the sheltered terrace and had a beautiful view of Lake Mahopac. The servers were attentive without being overbearing. Menu is not as broad as in the past but the food was fresh. We had a delicious long lunch and a great time with no pressure.Special Features:
- born2wineanddineDined on 8/2/2014A lovely place to dine. Small but excellent menu. The red snapper special was amazing -- perfectly cooked and seasoned -- a big hit at the table. Staff is very accommodating and service is never rushed. Is definitely on our list of local places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous sunsetDineout4usDined on 7/30/2014We arrived at 8:00...just in time to see sunset over Lake Mahopac. We had a reservation for four inside...but luckily someone never arrived for their outdoor booth! We had a delicious fish dinner (scallops and tuna) and scrumptious ice exam sundae and lemon tart for dessert. The oysters appetizer were on small side for $$...Special Features:
- Great outdoor eats!dentaldanVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great neighborhood spot with nice seating on lake. Food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will be back for other entrees.GiovanniDined on 7/24/2014My last time here (Fathers' Day, 2014) the Niman steak wasn't on the menu it was in March, 2014, my 1st time there. I had another steak, not from Niman, but came close. Victor, the manager, was very apologetic and offered to try and obtain that steak from Niman Ranch the next time I wanted to dine here. I just had to give a week's notice. This happened on July 24th. That morning I received a confirmation call from Victor's partner, Tony. I was warmly received upon my arrival. Scott, my favorite waiter, was as attentive as ever, the shrimp cocktail as big and delicious as ever. Steak was good w/out any fat & cooked just right, as always. Sunset was marvelous seen from the outdoor seating, very relaxing w/ a nice Merlot. Will try other entréeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedMahopacDined on 7/24/2014Thought it was a beautiful night for dinner at the lake. The food was fair my filet mignonette was to be medium rare and it was VERY rare. The popcorn was a nice touch, but waiting for service, we could have had 1 or 2 more. Once our order was taken, we had a very long wait. Asked for bread to tide us over. Had good company, but the food did not warrant the prices they charge. The menu is very limited too. Definitely not a place to bring a family for a nice dinner. Mahopac has other restaurants that warrant the prices and the food is exceptional there.Special Features:
- Good food, same menuGoodDined on 7/24/2014I expected a whole new re-vamped menu, but it was the same. Food was very good, better than it's been. Want revised, updated menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to celebrate!BernFloDined on 7/20/2014Always liked the Terrace, but it is new and improved! Good just got better!!! We celebrated my mother in laws 93rd birthday. She loved it, we sat outside and she reminisce of days on the lake as a young girl. The service was awesome everyone made it special for her. The staff brought her cake and sang happy birthday. It was wonderful. They truly made her feel special. The Terrace... Just The Best!!!Special Features:
- Picture perfectGaryDined on 7/18/2014The food was great, the drinks perfect, and service was spot on. On top of all of that the views around sunset are spectacular, and they set up the patio perfectly for all diners to enjoy it. Request the booth. It's set back a little but raised as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingDonJVIPDined on 7/18/2014Great potential for it's outstanding location, but the food doesn't measure up. Cesear salad said anchovies but used sardines insteadSpecial Features:
- one word...unforgettable.foodluv3rDined on 7/15/2014from the moment my husband and i walked in we were simply wowed. the valet was extremely friendly and quick! when we walked in the lovely hostess welcomed us with a warm and genuine smile and we were very happy with the table we were sat at, the only down part was the rain but i cant ask them too control that! our server, blonde gentleman, was very attentive with us. Our drinks arrived promptly, which were absolutely divine! that mason jar one was delish! next-the food...ugh. literally every bite was melting in my mouth. to begin we had the tempura calamari and the PEI mussels & for dinner i had the amish chicken and my hubby had the pork chop. hands down the whole meal was to die for! can not wait too come back! congrats on the new owners!Special Features:
- Deserves a second chance!TravelingfoodieDined on 7/12/2014Although we were seated promptly, our dinners were almost 2hrs late! The owner bought us drinks coffee and dessert to apologize for the mess up in the kitchen. Lost our order! However the food was delicious so I will try once more to experience the outdoor dining and enjoy the ambience without the frustration !Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and FoodchrisDined on 7/12/2014We were there a year ago and everything was amazing, but since there was new management we were hesitant to go back when we read all the negative reviews. The food was excellent and our waitress was friendly and efficient. The atmosphere is beautifu. You can't go wrong with this restaurant. We will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Amazing!MpacMomDined on 7/6/2014The food was out of this world...we went on an early Sunday evening and it wasn't too crowded. However, the service and food delivery was very slow. I wasn't planning to spend over two hours on an early dinner. There was just way too much time in-between the popcorn, salads and dinner.Special Features:
- ReneeDined on 7/5/2014Dinner and service very good.-sat outside,beautiful setting. PEI Mussels good,lobster ravioli very good. NY Strip too tough. Drinks OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Celebrated our anniversary at the Terrace Club. The food the service everything was excellent. Great rawbar, we had oysters and clams tasted just pulled from the water. I had the swordfish my wife had the tuna and both were great. Good selection of wines. Looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good, great viewmareDined on 6/29/2014Service was ok just confused. There was a private party and the kitchen could not handle both the party and the restaurants other guests. When we sat down they told us it would be 20 minutes before they would be able to put our order in. We could have drinks and only appetizers from the raw bar or salad while we wait. Just never heard of a restaurant that can't handle a private party and their guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They can't get it right!AngelaLongdaleDined on 6/27/2014New owners - we were hopeful. However, poor service and attitude. After trying way too many times to like it for dinner, will not return. Too bad, it's a prime location & close 2 home.Special Features:
- A+++ Restaurantargmza1973Dined on 6/21/2014Congratulations your outdoor patio is spectacular. Your food A+++. Only issue might be to increase your parking capabilities. Nevertheless, your attendant did a superb job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Service not greatNnoonan10VIPDined on 6/21/2014First time there and will definitely give it a second try since the food was excellent. The bus boy was on his game but definitely not the waitress. Multiple requests for items before finally getting them after waiting a very long time. Maybe she was having a bad day but it was early evening and not busy so this was the only disappointment.
- Super Scenic Lakeside DiningDonDonDinesDined on 6/21/2014Dine outside and you can practically dip your hand in lovely Lake Mahopac! But the new owners must get some sun control as it's no fun to have the blazing setting sun interrupt an otherwise sublime setting. The menu has something for everyone, from raw bar staples and fresh salads to mouth watering beef tenderloin with scrumptious lobster mashed potatoes. The tuna (seared rare of course) and the scallops on polenta are also winners. There's also attractive inside seating but the one negative is the smell of popcorn that permeates the air. In a word, Yuck. The one complaint is that service needs to step it up. It took way too long for drinks or to be told that the second bottle of wine was not available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bjnickDined on 6/20/2014The service was awful. We waited for an outside table and when we were seated my back was to the water and the view. What I saw was the wait staff station and people coming and going. It then took an absurdly long time for anyone to offer us a drink, let alone tell us specials or take our order. I finally asked someone if they could take our order and it seemed like no one was really assigned to our table. We received our appetizer after a reasonable amount of time but our main courses took another absurdly amount of time. When the food finally arrived, it was cold. So clearly it had been sitting around for awhile. We decided not to get coffee or dessert as our experience by then was so disappointing, we did not wish to continue it.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014The food and service was excellent. The waiter gave us plenty of time to enjoy the company we were with. He was helpful and accommodated two special requests. The only this that was somewhat of a bother was the setting sun as we had dinner outside on the patio. Maybe a diffuser curtian could be put up to reduce the glare.Special Features:
- A Fantastic FindBillBCortlandtMnrDined on 6/18/2014We went there because my wife remembered that the Terrace Club was nice for outside dining. It was that, but we were bowled over by the food. She had a rib eye steak and I had sea scallops. Both were a delight. We went back ten days later with two good friends, and not only was the food just as good for us, they (people who dine out a lot) also extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View with no serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014We waited an hour to be served when no one was in the restaurant. Maybe the cook wasn't there either.Special Features:
- Great place, but not Fathers DayBillVIPDined on 6/15/2014We enjoy the place, the food is top notch, and the staff attentive. However, when they have outside seating added, especially on a beautiful day and a holiday like Fathers Day, the kitchen is not big enough to handle all the tables, so the service was quite slow. We forgive them, but they really booked more than they could handle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth driving 1 hour for the steak!GiovanniDined on 6/15/2014Although this time they did not have my favorite steak (Niman Ranch steak) on the menu, they had other cuts from the same California ranch. The fillet mignon was very good, but my taste buds had waited for 3 months to re-savor my favorite steak, so I may be understating how good it really was. Victor, the manager, felt bad for me & said next time to call him 1 week before I want to dine there & he'll make sure to order me "my" steak. Still can't get over the size of their shrimp from the raw bar. Service was awesome, as usual. The cheese cake dessert was delicious, very smooth, reminding me of Junior's Cheese Cake from Brooklyn, NY. Was surprised that they did not offer any soup, not even clam chowder. A great Father's Day celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Wine & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014Our party of 6 was spoiled by the attentive service from Lori and the amazing food. The filet mignon was cooked to a text-book, perfection of medium rare and the lobster mashed potatoes were a meal in itself with juicy chunks of lobster in every forkful. Our thanks to the talented chef! We learned of the new owners who are embracing organic / local cuisine and it shows in the diverse new menu and fresh raw bar. The raw clams and oysters taste like they were fresh caught that day. Lastly, the wine selections by the glass were plentiful and the pinot noir was an excellent pairing with the steak. Also of note was the apple blossom dessert which was delicious. We all sent back clean plates. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Terrace Club is a Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014We had a wonderful dinner at the Terrace Club. We were able to sit outside on a beautiful night! The food was delicious, everyone was happy with their choices. The service was very good and I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceHfr7267Dined on 6/7/2014Surprised our friend for an evening birthday dinner. Made reservations in advance and still waited. After finally being seated, we waited 25 minutes for bread and we were brought 4 pieces of bread for 5 people. We couldn't even ask for more bread because our waiter was MIA. We waited about an hour for our food and the server was apologetic. Great view, but for the price of the food and the poor service, we wouldn't return.Special Features:
- aniversary dinneraniversarydinnerDined on 6/3/2014Great food and service, Great food and service,Great food and service,Great food and service,Great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.