The Terrace Cafe
36 South St
Wrentham, MA 02093Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Terrace Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wrenthamterrace.com/
- Phone: 5089540123
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: There are a number of catering options. The owner will be happy to sit down with you and discuss your needs and the various options.
- Entertainment: Live acoustic music.
A word from The Terrace Cafe
The Terrace is a casual dining experience with great food and a wonderful atmosphere. There is a large out door patio for dining and live music in the warm weather. The bottom patio features a fire pit and brick oven for Pizza. The Terrace is family owned and operated and buys from local farms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Terrace Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (3)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great surpriseDelcDined on 7/26/2014Although quite unsure what to except due to a past experience , our party of 7 was pleasantly surprised. The food was great and the atmosphere was fun. We sat outside, it was a beautiful night and a band was playing low key. We all agreed we would go backSpecial Features:
- djannnDined on 7/18/2014Great casual dining spot. The food is average but again this is a moderately priced local neighborhood spot. Server was amazingly pleasant and appeared just in time for refill or to provide answers regarding the menu.Special Features:
- wine charged anyways, service slowTrytostaylocalVIPDined on 6/21/2014Server polite but very slow. Save your money go somewhere else. Outdoor music too loud!Special Features:
- UnbelievableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014We wanted to celebrate Fathers Day at a restaurant with outdoor seating and found decent reviews for The Terrace Cafe. Made reservations for 12:30 for 6. We were seated outside, and aside from smoke constantly blowing toward our table from ribs being cooked outside, it was pleasant to be out as a family. But we made the mistake of ordering 4 Crabcake sandwiches. The waitress told us after a half hour that the cook "had to make each one individually", so it was going to take time. At 1:30, she said it would be 5 to 10 more minutes, I asked "they are in the oven aren't they". Yes, they were. At 2:00, she and another employee came out to our table and said "the crab cakes did not come out", do we want to see the menus again??? We left...
- Could have been a nice experienceParrinoNightoutDined on 6/6/2014We made reservations through Open Table a week in advance to try out this local restaurant yet when we arrived we had to wait to be greeted and there was disorganization between the wait staff and owner as to where we could be seated. We asked to sit outside as it was a beautiful summer evening. We were told we could have an outdoor table if we were willing to wait a few minutes and for future reference we were told that we should specify sitting outside in the reservation. They seated us at the bottom of the terrace and the owner was waiting on us. We were the only ones having dinner seated at the bottom and service was painfully slow. Food and wine were good but service was so slow and disappointing that I am not sure we will return.Special Features:
- Bad ManagementDrFoodSnobVIPDined on 6/6/2014Management was poor, meat was not cooked right and served cold, fish was burnt, there was no asparagus available despite it being on the menu as part of the meal, was a group of 5 of us and no one was happy! WE WOULD NOT GO THERE AGAIN!
- enjoyed the Terrace Cafek2p1965VIPDined on 6/6/2014we went there on a Friday night as it was close and had outdoor seating. I was a little concerned as I had read the service was not great and when I ran into someone I knew there they said the same but this was not the case for us. The waitress was gratious and attentive and our food and drinks were served quickly. The burger and veggie burger were both made fresh and were delicious and I would definately go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & entertainmentbuccVIPDined on 6/6/2014Food was very good and nice outdoor dining are with a wonderful singer.Special Features:
- Nice for drinks and apps and music.TherealdealDined on 5/17/2014Nice spot for drinks in a outdoor patio setting. Apps were very good...Skip the steak tips...dry and tasteless. Salads are uninteresting and uninspiring considering they use local veggies. Scampi had tiny shrimp and was not the best or the worst we ever had. We loved artichoke appetizer. My son liked the chicken parm but the sauce seemed canned. Ambience is very nice , good guitar player singing oldies at a pleasant level at dinner and wait staff very nice but they obviously need more help. Menu is larger but quality of food prep needs some work. Will go back and try more apps and hope the food improves because it is a lovely neighborhood spot. Indoor dining less desireable as it is a big bar room with tvs. Plenty of parking on street.Special Features:
- Tasty findHcapenDined on 5/17/2014The food was very good. Excellent italian. Very fresh. Nice to find food thats cooked fresh and not previously premade and frozen. Comparable pricing to any top restaurant. Good service. Comfortable, relaxing environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2 reviews are from the The Terrace Cafe reviews archive.
- Friendly, localChasVIPDined on 4/6/2014Warm, friendly - small town local atmosphere to go along with great service and good food. Not only were the restaurant staff nice and friendly, but the other patrons joined in to create a relaxed pleasant evening with family and "friends"Special Features:
- Good Food & Poor ServiceDeedsDined on 3/22/2014Went there on a recent Sat. Night & were seated immediately (that was the only part of the night that we were treated promptly) from there things started to come to a standstill. We could only see 1 waiter working the entire busy dining area & it took a good 20 minutes for him to get us menus & get our drink order. Another 15 minutes went by before we got our drinks & that was pretty much how our evening went, it took 2 hours from the time we got there until our burgers were delivered (the fries were undercooked) to our table & although they were good they certainly weren't worth the wait.Special Features: