The Terrace at The Langham, Pasadena
1401 South Oak Knoll
Pasadena, CA 91106Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
The Terrace at The Langham, Pasadena
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pasadena.langhamhotels.com/
- Phone: 6265856218x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Sunday through Thursday from 5:30am to 9:30pm; Open Friday and Saturday from 5:30am to 10:00pm; Closed Monday through Thursday from 2:00pm to 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Terrace offers a private dining room located off the main dining area. Perfect for small intimate gatherings, celebrations or meetings. Can accommodate up to 16 people. Please call for reservations or more information.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 6265856218x
A word from The Terrace at The Langham, Pasadena
The Terrace serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily and a delectable breakfast buffet and Dim Sum Sunday Brunch. The comforting California bistro-style menu is comprised of seasonal and sustainable California cuisine, offering a variety of choices that will delight both the discerning and casual diner. The menu also contains Chuan Body & Soul dishes, which have a greater emphasis on health and nutrition. The Terrace’s outdoor patio offers guests lovely alfresco dining with views of the Picture Bridge and pool, and provides the perfect setting for a business lunch or relaxing dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Terrace at The Langham, Pasadena - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
The Terrace at The Langham, Pasadena reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (52)special occasion (33)great for brunch (30)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (23)romantic (20)fit for foodies (18)scenic view (17)good for groups (15)kid-friendly (14)notable wine list (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (1)Show More
- WONDERFUL NEW CHEFLillyVIPDined on 10/16/2014Great dinner at The Terrace. The filet and the macadamia nut encrusted Mahi-Mahi were both amazing as were the salads and desert The new chef is doing a fantastic job and our service was impeccable. A wonderful experience all the way around from start to finish. The restaurant manager is very attentive and even offered us a chocolate soufflé on the house. I will be back every time I am in Pasadena and have already recommended the restaurant to many friends in the area. WELL DONE!!!!!Special Features:
- Great Food and AmbiancePanggomezDined on 10/12/2014We celebrated my mother-n-laws birthday at the Terrace and everybody enjoyed the food. They have a little bit of everything on their Dimsum Brunch - asian, american and french cuisine. I highly recommend the Terrace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful location, food only OKSierraSueDined on 10/9/2014The Langham Hotel is an absolute gem, beautiful building and grounds. The Terrace is a lovely spot to have lunch, overlooking the pool and foot bridge. I had the crab roll and Caesar salad, which came with some chips on the side. The crab roll was very good, but the Caesar salad romaine was not as crisp as I would have expected of such a great hotel. The chips were only so so. I would have preferred fruit. The waiter never asked me which I would prefer when I ordered. They did provide a great chocolate dessert for my birthday, which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If onlygirlsnightoutVIPDined on 10/5/2014We enjoy the Terrace with friends, but we certainly prefer the Royce (their fine dining steakhouse, which isn't open on Sun/Mon). The food is simple and fairly well prepared. I will go back, but I certainly wish that the service reflected the stature of the hotel/reputation. Our waiter was nice enough, he just kept disappearing for long periods of time, leaving us wanting for things. Twice we had to get up from the table to ask for something after waiting too long for someone to come to us. I'd say it was because it was a Sunday night, and typically that means the "B Team" is working (at upscale restaurants), but it's like that every time we go.Special Features:
- Dining serviceMarieVIPDined on 9/28/2014Very SLOW on service. Took 40 minutes for appreitzers. Longer for dinner. Group wanted desert, coffee, & tea. Server never came back to take order. Too busy with other dining customers. I would not recommend my family & friends to come to dine here.Special Features:
- luvfoodDined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful dining experience for dinner at The Terrace. Our table was outside overlooking the pool. The ambiance was quiet and romantic. We had the three course prime rib dinner (available Saturday and Sunday nights). Everything was delicious. We had the chilled pea and mint soup, and kale & quinoa salad. The large prime rib was tender and perfectly cooked. For dessert we ate the mango brulee and the souffle with butterscotch sauce; both were excellent. The manager, hostess, waiter, and wait staff were all very welcoming. Service was attentive, friendly, and not intrusive. We will definitely be returning very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved my Eggs BenedictMarlenMPDined on 9/25/2014We loved the Eggs Benedict! The first thing we noted was that the Terrace was empty when we arrived for our 1130 reservation. We were unable to book an earlier table but obviously NOT because they were too busy. The first waiter seemed annoyed when we told him we had called ahead to make sure we could still have breakfast at 1130. We switched tables to stay out of direct sun and our next waiter gave excellent and polite service. The view of the old bridge and the quiet pool surrounding by lush greenery made for a relaxing setting. It was my husband's birthday and they surprised him with a complimentary slice of deliciously rich chocolate cake, candle on top, and Happy Birthday written on the plate. We would go back anytime for Eggs B.Special Features:
- Great diningPenguinVIPDined on 9/15/2014Quiet great service,try the hamburger. Classy hotel.Special Features:
- Quality and service went downhillDISAPPOINTEDDined on 9/14/2014Was there on a Sunday buffet brunch. The quality of foods were just not there, the only good thing was they had the omelete station, dim sum were dried, no soy sauce for dipping, pastries were hard and old. The worst was service was not attentive. Had a reservation and had to wait at least 15 mins to get seated. I had to remind the hostest , and she finally got someone to clean the table and sat us down. Once we sat down, no server came back, had to flag down everytime we needed something. $48 for a buffet brunch is not worst it. Please consider go somewhere else if you were to consider this restaurant.Special Features:
- A GemDuchessDebsPicksDined on 8/26/2014I have been going to the Langham property for years and it is an amazing place. I was recently there with a couple of my coworkers as we are contemplating a Sales Meeting at the location. We often take our out of town guests to this local retreat and it is always a hit. We love the Terrace as its price point is reasonable. Although one day I would love to go to the Royce! The tap room is also a MUST SEE bar with scenic views of the property and valley below. You may even get to watch a wedding being performed! Love, love, love!Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysharlsmitsVIPDined on 8/20/2014Service was excellent as it always is at the Langham hotel restaurants. Food was very good. And dining outside on the patio is relaxing.Special Features:
- GreatserviceDined on 8/20/2014Too many flys outside the patio area,buy service is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the grill.spjolyDined on 8/17/2014It's just like any other grill attached to an amazing hotel. I think they all have them. We had planned on having dinner at the Royce, but it was Sunday night, and the Royce was closed. So, instead of traveling outside the hotel, we walked down to the Terrace. It was good. The service was great since there were maybe six tables being served. But, good is what I can give it. Must say, the chocolate soufflé was well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch on SaturdayCheyenneDined on 8/2/2014Overall, everything is great. The foods are delicious! The salmon, my favorite. I would love to come again to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Terrace is just okFoodie1Dined on 8/2/2014The Terrace at the Langham is just ok. For a well known place the food was just mediocre. I have better food at lesser known local places. I have had better salads at souplantation! This place is mainly for the vibe at the pool. Nice outdoor setting. Come for drinks and relaxing but eat before you come. Not that great & over priced but it is the Langham.Special Features:
- Standard Hotel FoodYummyTummyDined on 7/28/2014Intersting experience. Hostess thanked us for being on time, which made us ponder if this was really a issue because the restaurant was empty. Servers seemed to have a chip on their shoulder. Food took a while to come out and when it did they brought us the wrong order. Food was standard over priced hotel food nothing to write home about. Don't think we will ever return, their are so many other/better options, maybe this is why it was so empty.Special Features:
- BrunchCowboyVIPDined on 7/27/2014Brunch is geared for the Asian palate. Enjoyed the dim sum theme but thought that selection of "normal" brunch food was limited. Would return but not as often as in the "old days" with the fabulous brunch that was offered. Setting of course is spectacular although for a party of 6 we always seem to be seated in the back by the serving station...."kids section"??? Waiter was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014Horrible service. Sloppy attention to details, for example there are flies everywhere if you sit outside (which most people would like to do on a sunny mid morning for brunch). Never going back.
- Love this placeLauriesopasDined on 7/25/2014The Langham is such a grand and beautiful place, and the Terrace is a perfect way to enjoy it even if you have kids. Easy, interesting food, friendly service and a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet mignon and gnocci were greatBlueCatDined on 7/20/2014Dessert was lacking, otherwise the meal would have been perfect. They should not have named the mediocre dessert bannanas foster. I have had the real thing at Brennans in New Orleans...there was no comparison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchSadieDined on 7/19/2014We celebrated 4 summer birthdays at a lunch at The Terrace on a Saturday afternoon. It was lovely and relaxed. Salads were great and selections were wonderful. Service was attentive and timely.Special Features:
- Try the main menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014The service was wonderful but the food gave me a very upset stomach that lasted through the next day. We ate off the dine la menu and perhaps that was a poor choice on our part. My boyfriend had the soup, snapper, and parfait. The soup was a bit strange, not bad but not really our thing. His other two dishes were very good however. I had the ham and peach starter which was great but the lamb tajine was a bit off. The flavors didn't sit well with me but the chocolate caramel dessert was amazing! The wine and blackberry mojito were delicious as well. I would like to try other items from the menu another time but maybe steer clear of the lamb.Special Features:
- Langham - TerraceMarkIDined on 7/17/2014We selected from the Dine L.A. menu and were happy with our choices. It was great to see that the Langham has kept the Huntington Hotel space as peaceful and graceful as it always has been. Sara was happy with her Tagine and I was happy with my Risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningkukeDined on 7/17/2014For the price we are paying, the service can be better, and the food is over seasonedSpecial Features:
- Great food small portion bit slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014The food was really good, the server was very nice and attentive as well as the bus boy who must have filled my water 10 times (it was a hot day) but the service was also pretty slow...food took a while and check took even longer. Beautiful atmosphere! We would go back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceharlsmitsVIPDined on 7/15/2014Staff was very attentive. The food was great, had the grilled peaches and prosciutto as an app, and shared a wonderful chocolate soufflé for dessert. Eating outside in the evening by the pool is very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet & Nice for dinnerOlegDined on 7/13/2014The Terrace has been our go-to place for good food when we want a calm environment. It's not a modern set-up and the dining room is definitely on the more traditional luxury dining. Service is good when they're around, but if you come too close to closing time, it may be a little hard to get a server. However, everything was as it's supposed to be and the food was a great mix. The short rib is especially tender and the mahi mahi was also good. Desserts were simple, but tasty the caramel chocolate cake tastes like Ferrero Rocher and the Sweet Potato cheesecake like Thanksgiving.Special Features:
- what a treat!CJsNumber1MomDined on 7/12/2014Went there with girlfriends for lunch at The Terrace, Rigo was our server and he was amazing! Knowledgeable, accommodating, right on the spot when we needed him and overall just a great guy! Thank you Rigo!Special Features:
- Getting betterladmDined on 7/6/2014The food quality and menu has gotten better, especially since last year. I understand the chef has changed. Still not what it was 15 years ago but edible now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place for mother's 83rd BDpapasbajagirlDined on 7/5/2014Everything was wonderful for our lunch. Food was delicious, and the conservatory/sunroom at The Terrace was perfect for our celebration. I had mentioned in my online reservation it was for my mother's 83rd birthday and a beautiful dessert was brought to our table. Having our lunch at the old Huntington was a perfect ending to our three generation day (we had started out at The Huntington Library-another favorite). We will be hard pressed to make our choice next time between The Terrace again or have the afternoon tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 6/30/2014It was nice dining outside and seeing families enjoying the pool. Service was excellent, and we enjoyed our risotto and arctic char.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/29/2014Langham has to pay some attention to the Terrace. Service disappeared after taking drink order and again after the appetizer/first course and before delivering the mains. A drink order was mishandled (a basic Cosmo didn't come as such... really? At the Langham?) After the mains, service didn't reappear to offer dessert for another length of time, and had to be flagged after dessert to deliver the bill. Lovely venue; reasonable food... service not as one would expect. Still worthy of another try (but only one unless there is better attentiveness)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014My wife and I are always pleasantly surprised by the Langham, where we have a strong personal connection. This evening was no exception, loved the braised lamb, the salads and desserts. Bravo.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/26/2014The food and service were surprisingly good considering that it is in a hotel. The ambience is good for both indoor and outdoor dining although the latter is overlooking the pool which could be noisy. The menu was interesting, the food was delicious and we would go there again.Special Features:
- The following 550 reviews are from the The Terrace at The Langham, Pasadena reviews archive.
- Terrible ServiceGoodFoodBadSvcVIPDined on 6/22/2014Sitting outside here is lovely. The brunch is good but there is nothing special about it unless you pay the $50 for the dim sum buffet. That said, nothing about this place is worth the terrible service we had, not to mention being made to wait half an hour for our table when I had a reservation that THEY called me TWICE to confirm. So I will probably never go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014I took my Aunt for her birthday. Unbeknownst to me, she and my Uncle attended dances there 60 years ago when they were dating. What a lovely trip down memory lane for her. The vintage photos on the wall were another treat for her. We had a marvelous time.Special Features:
- horribleChoppedbeefDined on 6/15/2014I have been to the Terrace a few times and every time we go there, the service is always inconsistent and lacking the sense of urgency. I understand that this at the Langham and there is sense of elegance and luxury . Our food took over an hour to be delivered and I was almost late to work. We couldn't find our server to pay for the check , Manager came over and asked how everything was and told him " it could have been better". No response from Manager he walked away and the server dropped off check. When we exited the restaurant not 1 person even said Thank you or Goodbye. This will be the last time I will dine at The Terrace maybe I will try the Royce next time.Special Features:
- Beautiful SurroundingsDineOutAlotDined on 6/15/2014Langham Hotel---great setting, Terrace Restaurant patio surrounded by beautiful foliage, pool & elegant people. Food is really secondary, although a very nice buffet at $48 dollars, (a little pricey)----- you can also order from the regular menu, which I appreciate. Service not very attentive but the scenic atmosphere makes up for it. A great place to impress guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie worthy brunch!Crazy4BrunchDined on 6/15/2014This was a magnificent experience from the moment we pulled up to the hotel! Highly recommend this brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day BrunchFathersDay2014Dined on 6/15/2014I was able to get a reservation at 8:45 on Fathers Day. I was very disappointed with the food selection. I thought it would have been amazing but it was very disappointing. I had to hunt down someone to make an omelette and the dim sum wasn't even coming out until 10am. When I made the reservation I had hoped for 11am but it was Fathers Day so I get that part. But why an "abbreviated menu"? They should have made that clear and I could have gone somewhere else for a great brunch. I was very disappointed that this great hotel would be such a let down. I won't be going back.Special Features: