The Tavern on Brady
201 North Main Street
Tulsa, OK 74103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Tavern on Brady
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://taverntulsa.com/
- Phone: (918) 949-9801
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm,
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Grant Vespasian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Tavern on Brady
The Tavern on Brady is a modern interpretation of the classic neighborhood pub. Chef Grant Vespasian’s pub-inspired cuisine represents only the best in local and seasonal ingredients. All dishes are developed using simple preparations that showcase the quality and flavors of each ingredient on the plate. The Tavern offers a well-curated list of artisanal beer, world-class wine and specialty spirits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Tavern on Brady - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
The Tavern on Brady reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (41)special occasion (33)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (26)great for brunch (22)romantic (21)late-night find (19)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Top Tulsa eateryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I took a client on Sunday night to show off Tulsa and we were both impressed with the atmosphere and great food. The chicken and the catfish were both wonderful!Special Features:
- Perfect Pre-Show Dinner!MojoDrsDined on 11/21/2014We were unfamiliar with the Brady District and restaurants located nearby. Luckily, we found The Tavern online, loved the small menu, and made reservations. The ambience, décor, service, and walkability to The Brady Theater were perfect. Our party of 6 had a wonderful experience, and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drewtedlockDined on 11/19/2014Always enjoy our food, drinks, and service at the Tavern. We got one of the great tables with a view of the Brady Arts District and got to enjoy some people watching. Make sure you try the bacon popcorn appetizer! Only room for improvement is perhaps they could add some acoustic tiles on the ceiling, as it can get a bit noisy.Special Features:
- so goodvenessagourdVIPDined on 11/16/2014We loved it! Great brunch! Waiter was awesome and they even made us an appetizer that wasn't on their brunch menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Brady District GemSpicyDined on 11/15/2014I was here recently to celebrate my Mom's birthday with a small group of friends. We were a bit rushed due to other plans we had for the evening, but the helpful staff and warm atmosphere made our experience memorable. Although it's a relatively casual atmosphere, the wait staff is very attentive and professional. I plan to come more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VinodeVineDined on 11/14/2014Prompt seating at reservation time. Slight delay in getting drink order/delivery; very crowded that evening. Once waiter notified of theater curtain time, events went quickly. Food hot and tasty on deliverySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night on the townBaileysmom1Dined on 11/14/2014We were part of the group of six for dinner before a concert. The waiter was very knowledgeable. He had great suggestions for appetizers, beer and me he favorites. Was great fun, enjoyed by all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful EveningDanaKaiDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I enjoyed ourselves very much. Our waiter was exceptional, forgive me for not recalling his name. He was polite, helpful, efficient. We had a much needed great time. Thank you so very much Kai StevensSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The place is great...except for the food. Lacks seasoning and depth of flavor. Overpriced for what you get. Service was great, the decor is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service, ThankswmdhDined on 11/7/2014The chef really knows what he/she is doing. The food and dessert and beer was all top quality, cooked correctly to my specs, and great tasting. Emily was our server and she is not only personable, but efficient and timely in the way she courteously takes care of you. We will be back often and everything about The Tavern-Tulsa is eagerly anticipated. Thank you folks at the Tavern for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Alternative in Brady DistrictTnttownVIPDined on 11/5/2014There are many interesting and tasty choices on Brady Tavern's menu. We opted for the Sous Vide tenderloin that was very nice. They pair the main course with out of the ordinary sides, although you can always sub fries or mac 'n cheese if you are not an adventurous eater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceluvmesomefoooooodDined on 11/5/2014Overall was very happy with the service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Filet was amazing, the chili was amazing, the vibe is hard to beat.Special Features:
- Go to this ResturantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014I highly recommend this place. Third time here. Twice for dinner, once for brunch. Service was great every time. And I will go back. But the Strip I had...I was able to eat half of it. It was tough. It was hard to cut and some pieces I could not chew. I love steak. Even a bad steak is good; just not this time. I left more than half of it on the plate. We were on our way to a show, so I could not send it back. On the other hand, everything else was great. My wife's pork chops were fantastic. I hate to have to leave a review that makes a good resturant seem bad -- this one is good-- but I have to be honestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outMerahafnerDined on 10/21/2014Night out with 9 people for business. We had people from 3 other countries and they enjoyed the food immensely. The Tavern burger was great with the thin cut fries. That was the table favorite. Try the deviled egg Trifecta, the wasabi egg is delicious. Save room for dessert the chocolate torte is divine. It's really rich so you'll likely end up sharing it, but so worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We enjoyed the wonderful Sunday evening special of fried chicken and catfish. We had a good table and it was pretty quiet for most of our meal. We usually go early on Sunday nights because after 6:30pm, it get very loud and hard to hear one another.Special Features:
- Excellent EveningLove2hulaDined on 10/18/2014Our first time. The food was wonderful & service was great.Special Features:
- Really Nice!digimomDined on 10/17/2014The food was great. The service was excellent. I had the shredded chicken salad (I can't remember the exact name) and tomato soup. The salad was definitely entree size. I could have taken half of it home but it was so good I ate it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out...DatenightoutDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I were on a date night out, and we had a great night. The Tavern had fabulous food, great staff and great location. Couldn't ask for anything better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the wait!wonderfulnightoutDined on 10/11/2014We celebrated my husbands 40th birthday with friends. Our reservation was for 8 but I found out we had 12 coming. They accommodated the changes and the service was phenomenal. Everyone enjoyed the food and the drinks were perfect. We will be making a return trip!Special Features:
- Good steakZachDined on 10/10/2014I'm a snob about steak... More than anyone I've met. The filet was cooked just under medium-rare, but not quite rare (per my request). The flavor was superb. They obviously source great cuts of meat. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & Good FoodPaGrottsDined on 10/5/2014We enjoyed our brunch at The Tavern on Brady. Historically the service has been poor and the food average. The last 2-3 times we have gone back the service and the food have improved. Although I should preface that by saying we have not eaten in the main dinning area (where historically we have been disappointed), rather we have had our meals at the bar.Special Features:
- Very good, as alwaysBrunchBunchVIPDined on 10/3/2014Dinner at the Tavern is always a treat! The Tavern burger was perfect with the fries. The fish and chips were good. Fish might have been a bit under cooked. The innovative cocktails were very nice and different. Always fun to try new ones! A great place to start the Art Crawl!Special Features:
- Dinner before Brady Theatre showBsdpmDined on 9/28/2014We ate at the tavern before a show at the Brady Theatre. It's about 2 blocks from the theatre which was perfect. The food was great but the service was not. We rarely saw our waiter and were worrying we would be late to the show. This place seemed more like an upscale restaurant than a bar or gastropub. I would not mind eating there again but my expectations would be different.
- Great Food, Lots of NoisecotedurhoneDined on 9/21/2014We have been to the Tavern on Brady four times and the food was always excellent and the service outstanding. The noise level is a bit much though, it is difficult to have a conversation. It would be nice if something could be done about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014Always a great experience at Tavern... Food, ambience, service - everything was perfect!Special Features:
- ObservationsdisappointedDined on 9/14/2014Went to Sunday Brunch, out of the quiche for special. Entrance to restaurant was dirty, cigarette butts, sidewalk with broken glass and generally dirty. The ruG on the entrance inside restaurant was filled with debris tracked in from outside, bar floor not clean as well. If I owned this property I would make sure that the area inside and outside the restaurant was swept and cleaned up DAILY!
- Very Good Food, a little slowDoctordogDined on 9/13/2014I was a single diner who arrived about 10 pm on a Saturday. It was Restaurant week so I ordered on a price fix menu. First I was treated very well and as a single diner this is not always the case. Second, the food was very good but thee was a noticeable wait time between courses but the cheesecake bread pudding was worth the weight. I might not recommend The Tavern for pre-theater dining if this is the usual case. But i would recommend it for the food, decor and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out2eatjenDined on 9/13/2014The cheesecake bread pudding was worth the trip! Amazing! The entire meal was very good and sevice was outstanding. My only complaint was that the tables were very small and it was very loud - hard to have a romantic date when you are yelling!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh Hell YeahPaxtonQuigleyVIPDined on 9/10/2014First time back in Tulsa after a few years away and wow; the Brady District is coming alive. And, it was a bacon themed night at the Tavern. Bacon Popcorn and a Bacon-infused Old Fashioned to kick off the evening and their Beef-Brisket Burger with a pile of skinny fries to finish. Simply delicious. Kudos all around.Special Features:
- Great food, too loud.foodieDined on 9/10/2014A group of us went for restaurant week. The food was great. The noise level was so high we could not hear each other.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gem!CultureCzarVIPDined on 9/10/2014The Tavern on Brady offers great food in a fun atmosphere, where everybody knows your name....Special Features:
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014The Tavern has been a favorite for several years. Never disappointed. The Tavern Burger sets the Gold Standard!Special Features:
- NewbiesFood4fiveDined on 8/28/2014We live 40 miles away and we almost always go to S&J's, but it was my birthday and I wanted to try so ething different. We were all very very pleased. The food and dessert was fabulous!!! I think we found our new favorite place and I lived being able to make reservations online.Special Features:
- Always a great experiencemayorofdowntownDined on 8/24/2014My family loves The Tavern, especially for the special Sunday night Chef's Fried Chicken dinner. We take our 6 year old and 3 year old sons, who also love the place. It's a not a "family restaurant" by any means, but they treat little ones very nicely. The service is always top notch. You must save room for dessert somehow... they only offer 4-5 desserts at any given time, but they are always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 8/17/2014Outstanding Sunday fried chicken dinner served family style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday VenueCharlaDined on 8/16/2014We had a great time at The Tavern for my husband's birthday. The food was great, as were the drinks and the service. We even had a couple of extra people in our group and the staff accommodated us with no problem.Special Features:
- A gem that I found on OpenTableLadyMavaDined on 8/16/2014Had dinner with 7 friends and we all had a wonderful time. The food was amazing and the service was great!Special Features:
- Excellent food!metrogirlDined on 8/14/2014The food was excellent! Plenty of unique and flavorful options to satisfy everyone. It was really easy to make online reservations too! It was a little noisy inside (lots of hard surfaces), which made it a little hard to hear but overall was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyTulsamommaDined on 8/9/2014Food & wait staff were wonderful. The ability to visit is tough when the restaurant is busy... And Saturday night it was busy. The noise is probably fun for large groups. We had a table for 4, and were distracted by the noise. We probably won't return on weekends unless we want that party-hardy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.