The Tavern on Brady
201 North Main Street
Tulsa, OK 74103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Tavern on Brady
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://taverntulsa.com/
- Phone: 9189499801x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm,
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Grant Vespasian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Tavern on Brady
The Tavern on Brady is a modern interpretation of the classic neighborhood pub. Chef Grant Vespasian’s pub-inspired cuisine represents only the best in local and seasonal ingredients. All dishes are developed using simple preparations that showcase the quality and flavors of each ingredient on the plate. The Tavern offers a well-curated list of artisanal beer, world-class wine and specialty spirits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Tavern on Brady - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
The Tavern on Brady reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (33)special occasion (27)hot spot (19)late-night find (18)vibrant bar scene (18)romantic (18)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (14)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Really Nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The food was great. The service was excellent. I had the shredded chicken salad (I can't remember the exact name) and tomato soup. The salad was definitely entree size. I could have taken half of it home but it was so good I ate it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out...DatenightoutDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I were on a date night out, and we had a great night. The Tavern had fabulous food, great staff and great location. Couldn't ask for anything better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the wait!wonderfulnightoutDined on 10/11/2014We celebrated my husbands 40th birthday with friends. Our reservation was for 8 but I found out we had 12 coming. They accommodated the changes and the service was phenomenal. Everyone enjoyed the food and the drinks were perfect. We will be making a return trip!Special Features:
- Good steakZachDined on 10/10/2014I'm a snob about steak... More than anyone I've met. The filet was cooked just under medium-rare, but not quite rare (per my request). The flavor was superb. They obviously source great cuts of meat. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & Good FoodPaGrottsDined on 10/5/2014We enjoyed our brunch at The Tavern on Brady. Historically the service has been poor and the food average. The last 2-3 times we have gone back the service and the food have improved. Although I should preface that by saying we have not eaten in the main dinning area (where historically we have been disappointed), rather we have had our meals at the bar.Special Features:
- Very good, as alwaysBrunchBunchVIPDined on 10/3/2014Dinner at the Tavern is always a treat! The Tavern burger was perfect with the fries. The fish and chips were good. Fish might have been a bit under cooked. The innovative cocktails were very nice and different. Always fun to try new ones! A great place to start the Art Crawl!Special Features:
- Dinner before Brady Theatre showBsdpmDined on 9/28/2014We ate at the tavern before a show at the Brady Theatre. It's about 2 blocks from the theatre which was perfect. The food was great but the service was not. We rarely saw our waiter and were worrying we would be late to the show. This place seemed more like an upscale restaurant than a bar or gastropub. I would not mind eating there again but my expectations would be different.
- Great Food, Lots of NoisecotedurhoneDined on 9/21/2014We have been to the Tavern on Brady four times and the food was always excellent and the service outstanding. The noise level is a bit much though, it is difficult to have a conversation. It would be nice if something could be done about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014Always a great experience at Tavern... Food, ambience, service - everything was perfect!Special Features:
- ObservationsdisappointedDined on 9/14/2014Went to Sunday Brunch, out of the quiche for special. Entrance to restaurant was dirty, cigarette butts, sidewalk with broken glass and generally dirty. The ruG on the entrance inside restaurant was filled with debris tracked in from outside, bar floor not clean as well. If I owned this property I would make sure that the area inside and outside the restaurant was swept and cleaned up DAILY!
- Very Good Food, a little slowDoctordogDined on 9/13/2014I was a single diner who arrived about 10 pm on a Saturday. It was Restaurant week so I ordered on a price fix menu. First I was treated very well and as a single diner this is not always the case. Second, the food was very good but thee was a noticeable wait time between courses but the cheesecake bread pudding was worth the weight. I might not recommend The Tavern for pre-theater dining if this is the usual case. But i would recommend it for the food, decor and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out2eatjenDined on 9/13/2014The cheesecake bread pudding was worth the trip! Amazing! The entire meal was very good and sevice was outstanding. My only complaint was that the tables were very small and it was very loud - hard to have a romantic date when you are yelling!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh Hell YeahPaxtonQuigleyVIPDined on 9/10/2014First time back in Tulsa after a few years away and wow; the Brady District is coming alive. And, it was a bacon themed night at the Tavern. Bacon Popcorn and a Bacon-infused Old Fashioned to kick off the evening and their Beef-Brisket Burger with a pile of skinny fries to finish. Simply delicious. Kudos all around.Special Features:
- Great food, too loud.foodieDined on 9/10/2014A group of us went for restaurant week. The food was great. The noise level was so high we could not hear each other.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gem!CultureCzarVIPDined on 9/10/2014The Tavern on Brady offers great food in a fun atmosphere, where everybody knows your name....Special Features:
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014The Tavern has been a favorite for several years. Never disappointed. The Tavern Burger sets the Gold Standard!Special Features:
- NewbiesFood4fiveDined on 8/28/2014We live 40 miles away and we almost always go to S&J's, but it was my birthday and I wanted to try so ething different. We were all very very pleased. The food and dessert was fabulous!!! I think we found our new favorite place and I lived being able to make reservations online.Special Features:
- Always a great experiencemayorofdowntownDined on 8/24/2014My family loves The Tavern, especially for the special Sunday night Chef's Fried Chicken dinner. We take our 6 year old and 3 year old sons, who also love the place. It's a not a "family restaurant" by any means, but they treat little ones very nicely. The service is always top notch. You must save room for dessert somehow... they only offer 4-5 desserts at any given time, but they are always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 8/17/2014Outstanding Sunday fried chicken dinner served family style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday VenueCharlaDined on 8/16/2014We had a great time at The Tavern for my husband's birthday. The food was great, as were the drinks and the service. We even had a couple of extra people in our group and the staff accommodated us with no problem.Special Features:
- A gem that I found on OpenTableLadyMavaDined on 8/16/2014Had dinner with 7 friends and we all had a wonderful time. The food was amazing and the service was great!Special Features:
- Excellent food!metrogirlDined on 8/14/2014The food was excellent! Plenty of unique and flavorful options to satisfy everyone. It was really easy to make online reservations too! It was a little noisy inside (lots of hard surfaces), which made it a little hard to hear but overall was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyTulsamommaDined on 8/9/2014Food & wait staff were wonderful. The ability to visit is tough when the restaurant is busy... And Saturday night it was busy. The noise is probably fun for large groups. We had a table for 4, and were distracted by the noise. We probably won't return on weekends unless we want that party-hardy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!KHanebuttVIPDined on 8/1/2014We loved the deviled eggs, wasabi way to hot for this wimp, loved the bacon popcorn! And we loved the chefs special grilled cheese! The cheese spread was delicious! Yummy!Special Features:
- Excellent & intimate!MandyDined on 7/31/2014The Tavern was fantastic all around!! Our bartender for pre dinner drinks was knowledgable & helpful!! We loved the " Bells & Whistle" drink! Our waiter was great and the food was amazing! We both had the filet & it was cooked perfectly to our request! It was sooo tender you didn't really need a knife. Atmosphere was cool, laid back & subtle. I couldn't have been to a better place for our anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad serviceOG123456789Dined on 7/30/2014Asked for a medium cooked steak. They brought me a burned steak TWICE. Manager didn't even come over to apologize Horrible service
- Reliable spotMD62Dined on 7/20/2014The Tavern is a reliable choice. Sometimes are better than others but always "good" (never bad). Does get a little loud.Special Features:
- Good but loudTeeitup78Dined on 7/18/2014The food was outstanding. I had the roasted chicken...very tender. It was very loud and could barely carry on a conversation, but overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceCriticalcuisineDined on 7/18/2014Jason our server is the best. Very intuitive and knowledgeable concerning the food and wine. My friends and I love the deviled eggs appetizers. Its too bad there are only 3 per plate. The tavern burger is soooo good!! along with the stick fries,YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plenty of seatsLap2go29Dined on 7/13/2014My wife and I had a reservation for 4:45 before a concert on a Sunday. When we arrive there is one couple dining and a couple people at the bar. We were seated right next to the only couple dining. Yes, they were finishing up their meal, but stayed a little longer. We place our order and then a group of 4 comes in and they are seated right next to us on the other side. The place is not small and there are plenty of tables. Not sure the reasoning of stacking people right next to each other and not spacing them out. The food was okay. The wasabi deviled eggs were excellent.Special Features:
- YumJessicaDined on 7/6/2014Another enjoyable Sunday treat. The biscuit and gravy were divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok.EatingAroundTulsaDined on 7/4/2014Based on previous reviews I guess I was expecting more. The service was ok. The deviled eggs were amazing. But the pork chop was dry and lacking flavor. The overall restaurant was nice but was not worth the price. Our server could have been more attentive but it was the fourth of July so maybe just came in on an off day.Special Features:
- Great Burgers & FritesPhrogbertDined on 7/1/2014First experience for wife and I to eat downtown prior to Starlight Concert on Guthrie Green. Friends at work recommended and The Tavern did not disappoint. Many young families there so it is not a bar-bar. We'll bring friends and guests here again. Only downside is parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tavern at BradyKenfolk04Dined on 6/27/2014We had a great experience at Tavern. We reserved our table on our way to the restaurant. The Tacern has complimentary valet parking so we didn't have to worry about finding parking. We walked in the restaurant and the hostess took us straight to our table. The restaurant clearly had a wait because there were several other couples standing around the front entrance. It was awesome being able to skip the wait line. The good was awesome. I had the Tavern Burger which is hands-down one of the best in Tulsa and my wife had the pesto prima Vera which she loved. For an appetizer we tried the deviled egg trifecta and would get again for sure. Overall great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceIonaDined on 6/27/2014We went with another couple before the Trisha Yearwood concert and had a great time. The food and service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 193 reviews are from the The Tavern on Brady reviews archive.
- Busy nighttat2drnDined on 6/22/2014Glad we made reservations, two events going on downtown, but we were seated right away, service was good, they do need another bartender as we had to wait a long time for our drinks. Food was enjoyable, just too muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IonaDined on 6/21/2014Great food, excellent waiter....had guests in from Texas and they were impressed!Special Features:
- Love this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Fantastic food and service! We have been to The Tavern several times and it is always a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great European pub feel.Futbolplaya00013Dined on 6/20/2014Great old English feel. Wait staff was very friendly. I had the tavern burger and it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFlipadelphiaDined on 6/15/2014The food is great every time, their bar has a wide selection of the good stuff, and their staff is professional without being snooty. I'm in the restaurant business myself and their apparent attention to the small details that can separate a good restaurant from a great one is exemplary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.