The Tavern at the Henley Park
926 Massachusetts Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Tavern at the Henley Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.henleypark.com/
- Phone: 2024140500x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 10:30am; Brunch: Saturday- Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Try our Three Course Tasting Menu!
$27 per person
Includes a glass of house wine
Live Entertainment in the Blue Bar and Lounge:
Jazz, Standards, Swing, and Blues
Sheila Davis Trio
August 9th, September 20th
Van Williamson Trio
August 23rd, September 6th
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Afternoon Tea
- Executive Chef: Sonia Cisneros
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: For private functions please contact Michelle Jarjoura at 202-414-0509 or on-line at www.henleypark.com and fill out a Request for Proposal
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate the rich traditions of Washington DC at the historic The Tavern at the Henley Park. We are the perfect setting for intimate showers, rehearsal dinners, receptions, and business meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Jarjoura 8776616401
- Entertainment: Live music every Saturday evening from 7:30-10:30pm (except holiday weekends) featuring local Jazz artists.
- Special Events: Upcoming Live Jazz Music:
Project Natale Trio
June 28th, July 19th
Joe Vetter Trio
Van Williamson Trio
July 26th, and August 23rd
Sheila Davis Trio
A word from The Tavern at the Henley Park
The Henley Park Hotel welcomes you to The Tavern at the Henley Park (Formerly known as Coeur De Lion), a favorite among the DC locals. This restaurant is adorned with a stunning skylight atrium, ornate chandeliers, and a natural brick face. Our Chef offers a diverse New American menu featuring the freshest regional ingredients. For a less formal atmosphere we offer a light Small Plates menu in the Blue Bar. We also offer a Formal and Royal Tea, served in our beautiful Wilkes Room by the fireplace, or, in any of our luxurious private suites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Tavern at the Henley Park - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Tavern at the Henley Park reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (7)romantic (6)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (3)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- lovelymcatVIPDined on 8/11/2014a wonderful, quite place to celebrate our anniversary!Special Features:
- Hoped For MoreStuSDined on 8/2/2014It was just OK. Nothing special except for friendly service. Food was well prepared and a good value.
- Wasted PotentialkwinDined on 7/22/2014High hopes for this historic hotel spot, but it must have been an off night for the chef &servers -- overseasoned/salted seafood & ndercooked-in-the-middle salmon. Very few patrons - most appeared to be solo travelers - yet unattentive service. Menu was slim pickings (really, we don't need another crabcake entree), even w/the prixe fixe which appeared to be a good value. Would suggest chefs be a bit more experimental & use all the fresh offerings available in the greater DC-MD-VA area. This could really be a gem of a spot with the right menu. Was also a bit put off by the mirrored walls -- really don't want to watch myself (or the reflections of others) eating. It could be a cozy, romantic dining room with the right touches.
- Intimate setting in busy DCUnderwaterGuyDined on 7/18/2014The Tavern provides guests at the Henley Hotel with a calm setting, and excellent food in an otherwise busy city. Breakfast was really good, with all the regular items as well as several truly special offerings. Dinner was also delicious, and served in a friendly, attentive manner. We certainly plan to go back to this hotel, and it's Tavern on our next visit to DC.Special Features:
- Great spot for a special evening.CelebrationDined on 6/21/2014We were celebrating our 50th wedding aniversary. The service was excellent. The food was perfect. The atmsphere was very good. When we told the hostest about our being there, she gave us desert and offered us a bottle of champange. We declined the champange because we had to drive. The patrons were also very nice to us. The band that was playing in an other room had an excelent repatuar of good music for older crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014We had a celebration dinner and everything was very good. Service was very attentive and entrees were wonderful. Excellent place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceSauvletDined on 5/15/2014Dinner at the Tavern at the Henley Park is a delightful dining experience. Their menu offers a nice variety of selections and the service is outstanding. Everyone at the Tavern made us feel welcome and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't BotherJoeyVIPDined on 5/11/2014We looked forward to a nice brunch but had mediocre food in an dull restaurant. The only other table in the room we were seated in left saying there was nothing on the menu that they wanted to eat. Menu was limited and boring. I would definitely not return. Hotel staff at the reception desk would not look up from texting on their cell phones and giggling to tell us where the restaurant or washrooms were.
- The following 340 reviews are from the The Tavern at the Henley Park reviews archive.
- perrPerrDined on 4/20/2014Fabulous food and service! Wonderful dining experience overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a lovy Easter brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014great Easter Brunch. Fabulou Grilled ShrimP Salad. Unrushed But Attentive Service. We All Ordered Different Entrees And All Were Delicious. We Would Definitely Come Here Again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/20/2014Took my parents for Easter brunch and they loved it. It was a prix fixe menu and a LOT of food. Probably too much food in retrospect, but it was all quite good.Special Features:
- Historic breakfastBrooklynDinerVIPDined on 4/5/2014Had discovered Henley Park Hotel years ago when it was just coming into its own. It had had some hard times. Went back for breakfast on this trip to DC. Wow, has it changed. Drab no longer! Beautiful renovation. Oh, and breakfast was delicious. The brioche French toast was so fluffy and perfectly cooked. I ordered the omelette and requested all five fillings rather than just choosing three. I offered to pay extra for the additional items but our server just included them. It was also fluffy and perfectly cooked! Would definitely return on my next visit to DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding..................IrishdiverDined on 4/4/2014Great little bar, excellent atmosphere and quiet for talking. Food was exceptional!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food in an Old Style PlaceREH3Dined on 2/15/2014The decor has a quirky, old-school vibe that I liked. It was really quiet when we were there, but the service could have been a bit faster. The food was decent without being amazing. I would go back, but I would try other places first. Having said that, it's a great place if you want to be able to talk to the rest of your group in a quiet environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, unprepared service!JayJayDined on 2/14/2014Had and 815 reservation, wasn't sat until almost 9. Great restaurant, ambiance and food! You would've thought since it was valentines day that the service would have been better prepared to accommodate people. Between late seating and valet taking 30 mins to get my car, missed my movie and ruined the rest of valentines day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good night outDarrylnElleVIPDined on 2/14/2014It was our first Valentines day and this place helped make it special.Special Features:
- best Valentines dinner ever!!!foodhappyDined on 2/14/2014The atmosphere was very romantic. The historic hotel and restaurant was beautiful. Service was top shelf and the food was amazing. THE best fillet I've had ever. My wife was given a rose and a box of chocolates after the meal also...nice touch. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate food but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014Chosen for its proximity to the convention center, four of us dined here for a business dinner. Nice ambience with an uninspired menu. Worst part was the waiter. He didn’t know what beers were available and took an eternity to get us our food and drinks. There were only 4 other tables of guests yet he told us twice that we should hurry our dinner selection because he had other tables to wait on. Very rude and unprofessional. When we asked what the house specialty was, he opted to the most expensive item on the menu (steak) which was almost too salty to eat. Overall, a disappointing experience.
- The case of the missing fruitOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/23/2014I went there for breakfast with a colleague. When we arrived we were the only table there. The staff was busy talking among themselves. Our order was simple: two oatmeals, a side of ham, whole wheat toast and a fruit plate. The waitress was not sure, so she asked about the fruit and we told her we wanted a fruit plate to share. Infortunately, we are still waiting for the fruit. Several tables arrived and we lost her attention. If you are not staying at thef hotel, better have breakfast elsewhere.
- Nice surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/18/2014It wasn't crowded (a little empty for a Saturday night, actually) but the food was quite delicious and reasonable. The waiter even put together an impromptu 3-course meal for me based on the 2 courses I'd chosen. Nice music (BSQ quartet) in the lounge, so all in all a relaxing and delicious outing.Special Features:
- Staff not aware of day/menu...DCDebVIPDined on 1/1/2014We took a friend here as a bday celebration-he's been here before; we haven't. We arrived at 11:15am for an 11:30am New Years Day. The staff person looked annoyed to see us. We sat at a small table in the bar while she finished prepping the dining room. It was only a few minutes. Once seated she hands us a lunch menu. we wanted brunch so we asked her if they could do it instead. she disappears for about 10 minutes-mind you with nothing to drink yet. she says brunch is ok and hands out those menus. it's unclear on the menu but it looks like you can do a la carte and the bottomless champagne option..no. You have to do the prix fixe and it's additional. the food was very good. the service was slow especially since we were the only diners.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had dinner on NY Eve. ProbablyFrenchieGirlDined on 12/31/2013Had dinner on NY Eve. Probably the best filet mignon I've had in DC EVER! Great service & ambience. Good value for price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyNotagainDined on 12/25/2013The appetizers and dessert for both my husband and I were good. I had the talipia and it had a very strange taste. The bok Chou was so watered down and lumpy that I thought it might of been it the water too long. My husband had the prime rib and it was very dry. Prime rib is suppose to be blood red and there wasn't anything that was red about it. He did ask for med well hoping to get more medium. But he ended up getting something that didn't even look like prime rib. It looked past well done. I can't believe you had the nerve to serve it. It looked gross to the point he couldn't eat it. Will not be back. Expected better for a Christmas dinner and also spending 45 dollars per person. The best part of my experience was the company I was with
- Bad FoodMikeDined on 12/25/2013Cocktails tasted bad as Ice was not made with filtered water. Prime Rib was served well done when ordered rare. Service was slow.
- Christmas Birthday dinnerElliottDined on 12/25/2013It was wonderful dining here for such a special occasion. I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Christmas dinnerRicecrackerDined on 12/25/2013A friend and I came here for the Christmas Day pre- fixe 3 course dinner (with a glass of champagne). We had looked at other places but The Tavern had a more traditional offering and a better value. The food, service, and atmosphere were excellent. We were seated promptly at the time of our reservation which is a big deal for me. The hostess and wait staff were wonderful. Both my friend and I enjoyed our dinners immensely. We highly recommend this place and will definitely be back at some other time. We were thinking of having afternoon tea here next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a wonderfulInsideintelDined on 12/25/2013Great food in a wonderful setting. Awesomely diverse and extremely professional staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013We went here for our Christmas dinner. We were so glad we did! The service was great and the food was amazing! We are looking forward to going back again!Special Features:
- Great place to have Xmas DinnerNancyDined on 12/25/2013Wonderful dining experience. Service impeccable. Atmosphere so perfect for a lovely dinner at Christmas time. Menu very British. Great find in Washington. Truly specialize in customer service. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice atmosphere and ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Very nice atmosphere and ambiance. Service was very good and attentive. Food was tasteful and delicious, well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Out of towners we found the Henley Tavern as a reasonable alternative to very high priced menus for Christmas Day dinner. We were delighted by the elegant yet cozy ambience and quality of service and food. Price fixe menu with excellent choices, attentive servers and managing staff. Lovely experience all the way around. Highly recommended as an alternative to an in home meal for a festive occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Merry ChristmasDoreenSDined on 12/25/2013We were staying in town over Christmas for the first time and decided to have dinner with some close friends. After changing the reservation twice we made it to the Henley Park for their prix fixe Christmas Day menu. The setting is Old World charm with an attentive wait staff. The food selection was very nice and preparation excellent. We tried many of the offerings and everyone was pleased with their meals. From start to finish, including the Chef's little bag of cookies for the ladies, we were extremely pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wowed by Tavern at the Henley ParkHarvardDined on 12/25/2013Our Christmas Day luncheon at the Tavern at the Henley Park was a superb experience. As soon as we entered the building, the staff at the Henley Park conspired to ensure that we had a dining experience we will never forget. Our host graciously took us to our table, our servers effortlessly rehearsed the menu and incredible wine list. The courses were incredible, the food delicious and beautifully presented, and all was accomplished in a gracious and understated manner. The Tavern at the Henley is now one of those special places that will remain at the top of our list. We will recommend this gem to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 24th of DecemberHenleyDined on 12/24/2013Repectionist was unfriendly, the bed in my room was uncomfortable and caused my back to hurt.
- Close to Convention CenterPeteDined on 12/5/2013Great for a quick delicious lunch if you're at the DC convention center - a quick walk away - but if going for lunch be there by 11:30AM it fills up fast. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was quite good, notOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/18/2013The food was quite good, not remarkable. The best thing was the ambiance. Pleasant surroundings, and able to speak in conversational level.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st problem was that we hadkevinDined on 11/2/20131st problem was that we had a reservation and confirmation but not according to the tavern at Henley park ..... no record of it 2nd I printed out the lunch menu before hand so my wife and I could choose a favprite item ,,but upon arrival there was only a brunch menu that we really did not care for at 2:30pm we did choose to stay and dine but the menu was not what we had expectedSpecial Features:
- Great place and quietWillieDined on 11/1/2013The restaurant had a great deal" three course meal for $26.00, plus a glass of wine including. The service and food was great. The place is in a hotel and was very quiet. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romance Ambiance/Outstanding Food!DiscriminatingPalateDined on 10/9/2013Very romantic restaurant, private and quiet too, with excellent service and delicious food. The background music was very nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find for Evening OutOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/18/2013I dined at The Tavern and was delighted at the range of entree choices and the reasonably priced prix fixe dinner. The prix fixe dinner included appetizer, entree (salmon was perfectly done!), choice of dessert, and glass or wine for $26! The server was attentive but did not hover. And, we could have a conversation without raising our voices! I will definitely return with my husband and friends. If you have an event at the Convention Center, make sure to add this restaurant to your dining choices! Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.