The Tavern at Great Falls
9835 Georgetown Pike
Great Falls, VA 22066Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Tavern at Great Falls
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://greatfallstavern.com/
- Phone: 7037574770x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Tavern at Great Falls
We serve a seasonal selection of classic American fare to include award-winning burgers, Certified Angus Beef steaks, seafood, fresh pasta, salads and good old fashioned comfort food. Aside from our regular dining area, our self-contained bar has 9 all new HD Plasma TV's, including a 63" Plasma for all sports fans. Full NFL and MLB packages.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Tavern at Great Falls reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)special occasion (4)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (2)fit for foodies (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Bad burger good drinksMomecDined on 7/31/2014Drinks and dessert were good. Burger came out well done instead of medium, then the recook came out with unordered mushrooms on it. They ended up comping the burger and dessert and giving a cert for $25. We used it because we didn't see ourselves going back. You might have a different experience, but I think as a tavern they should just stick to the drinks.
- pleasant placecaseyDined on 7/15/2014The tavern is great for lunch. The food was quite good. We certainly retun. .Special Features:
- Recommendeddc2londonDined on 5/24/2014first time visiting The Tavern on my way to the Leesburg Assembly; service was friendly, food was served quickly and was good; decent wine list; prices reasonable - all in all, enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Visit Just OKBillVIPDined on 5/16/2014Was placed in an area hosting some type of kids party. The kids were fine, just got tired of the mouthy mother yelling at her kids who were sitting at different tables. We were the only non group members. Could have been seated anywhere else in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL PLACE TO EATcmlnjDined on 5/11/2014MENU HAS AN EXCELLENT SELECTION OF A WIDE RANGE OF FOOD AND WINES. SERVICE WAS GOOD CONSIDERING IT WAS MOTHER'S DAY AND THE RESTAURANT WAS FULL. THE STAFF WAS FRIENDLY AND ACCOMMODATING. COMFORTABLE ATMOSPHERE WITH MODERATE NOISE MADE IT EASY TO HEAR THE CONVERSATION AT THE TABLE. AND, MOST OF ALL, THE PRICES WERE VERY REASONABLE. WE WILL BE GOING THERE REGULARLY!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014The Tavern was a great choice for Mother's day brunch. We had a group of 7 (including one toddler). The special menu they prepared was very good- I loved the crab cakes on top of fried green tomatoes.Special Features:
- The following 42 reviews are from the The Tavern at Great Falls reviews archive.
- DisappointingFussyVIPDined on 4/3/2014Popular local spot. Menu unimaginative and few healthful offers. Food mediocre at best.
- Great pick for our Sat night date!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/1/2014Very enjoyable evening and meal. Perfect sirloin skewers as a starter and fresh, flavorful salads for our entrees. Service was excellent, knowledgable and friendly, encouraging us to linger by fire with our wine after we had finished our mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Tavern!JsneVIPDined on 2/22/2014We've been enjoying The Tavern for a number of years. We recently had an especially delightful dinner of Chilean Sea Bass. Cooked to perfection. The staff was wonderful service and charming as always. The Sauvignon Blanc was the best I've ever had, too! The menu is delightful and certain to please all. The Tavern is a great family restaurant or a perfect spot for couples. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- Once again, service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/21/2014Once again, service and food were fine. Excellent place for casual dining in the neighborhood. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as Good the Second Time Around5DinersDined on 1/26/2014We loved the relaxed and family-friendly atmosphere as well as the seasonal menu choices. The scallop appetizer in the Fall was outstanding as was the Dijon Salmon on the winter menu. The Crab Cakes are a staple and amazingly delicious. The service was friendly, prompt with an attention for detail without being intrusive. Our first visit to The Tavern visit was by chance - looking for an Open Table availability at the last minute. Our second visit was by choice - so we could bring the whole family. This has quickly become one of our "go-to" restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice anniversary dinnerNitrojunkyVIPDined on 12/22/2013My wife and I celebrated at the Tavern. Great food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting, but food isDoraVIPDined on 9/28/2013Great setting, but food is awful. Even the kids complained about the chicken tenders. Club sandwich had soggy bread and the turkey was so salty I had to remove it. Then the hot fudge sundae came in a lovely glass dish, but the contents spilled out with the first ten spoonfuls. This could be a real gem--it is too bad the space doesn't fulfill it's potential.
- I had a tilapia dish thatBrusierVIPDined on 8/29/2013I had a tilapia dish that I thought was outstanding. And Kevin always gives us his very special service. I'm going back tonight and taking the family.Special Features:
- The Tavern in Great FallsIonicdezDined on 8/24/2013Great food, service, and ambience. It was a nice change to have all 3 in a new restaurant choice! The Tavern has also split the bar and dining areas well, making this restaurant both family friendly and a good hang out. Unless told, you would have never known while eating in the bar area that a large family party (with a clown!) was going on in the back dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseGirlsNightOutDined on 8/23/2013Service and food was G-R-E-AT!!! Haven't been in a while because my last experience was just so-so. I have been converted into a believer again. Interior does need updating, but hey, it's not always what's on the surface that counts.Special Features:
- Tired Tavern, Neighborhood FavoriteYldSexDined on 7/9/2013From the moment you walk in, it is obvious Unchanged for a decade or more, the rustic decorations need a good cleaning and updating. Like an old lodge in the woods that time has forgotten, the tavern sits in a strip mall with parking lot views outside a bar full of 50+ croud and the dining room with grandma and grand kids home from college. It's time for updates! Food was to be expected with greasy food favorites and lively modern salads as well. Staff said The menu has recently been updated but they reused the old yellowing vinal trifold menu holders that they bought for the grand opening years ago. If you are in the neighborhood... By all means, stop and enjoy the tavern... Don't make a special trip..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Hometown RestaurantvinogrooveVIPDined on 6/22/2013Great Falls Tavern feels like falling into an old chair. It's comfortable, welcoming and difficult to get up and leave. The staff is friendly and efficient. The drinks come with a full pour. I had the "atomic" burger--a half pound of meat with onion rings dipped in wing sauce. I would have never thought of that combo and it was surprisingly tasty. The chicken kabobs came in a hearty portion, with rice. They were a tad bit overcooked---a bit dry---but it did not hurt the overall flavors. The meals were large enough that dessert was not an option this time around. If you want a quiet evening with comfort food, friendly people and hearty portions, this is your place.Special Features:
- Great food, good prices, nice placeJimdVIPDined on 6/16/2013We have eaten at the Tavern of Great Falls several times in the last 4 months (since we learned of it) and the food has always been fabulous, especially the prime rib. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Go-To ResturantBrusierVIPDined on 5/31/2013The Manager, Kevin Shea is great and always accommodating. Kevin makes sure we always get superb service and his personal touch. The Tavern at Great Falls is friendly & convenient and we often go there spur of te moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet tavernAj7841VIPDined on 5/26/2013Nice quiet tavern without a lot of noise..... Food is ok, service was ok just a stable place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay for Sunday brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013Just okay for Sunday brunch. Food was cold and not much variety. For the price, we expected better.
- Great food and my kids lovedSharonkVIPDined on 4/19/2013Great food and my kids loved it! Fast service. Ambiance looked better in other parts of the restaurant but we got the noisy table by the kitchen. Happy to find this spot close to home. Will go back soon!Special Features:
- Great Falls TavernJimdVIPDined on 3/30/2013The service and food was excellent. The pricey was also very reasonable. Thank you,Special Features:
- Good for a medium size group!RichVIPDined on 3/30/2013Handled my group of 7 plus a high chair very well. Everyone felt like they were well attended to and the food selection is good and varied.Special Features:
- Good food and good serviceRichVIPDined on 3/15/2013Comfortable and good food with a good selection. Good service and always a good value.Special Features:
- What a pleasant experiencejudyVIPDined on 2/14/2013What a pleasant experience overall. We had gotten stuck in traffic and it was a holiday but the host still held our table for us. ( I did call and let them know we were running late)Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprisedLouGVIPDined on 2/2/2013Very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the service. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Nice ambience and good food and driOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012Enjoyed this little place on New Year's Eve. Good meal at a reasonable price. Good service. Freshly baked bread. Wine pour was generous. Our 7 year old son said we should go back.Special Features:
- Food was good. Service normal...LoveDined on 12/3/2012Food was good. Service normal... Bread was brought with the mean instead of previous to the meal... Server claim it was freshly baked. Restuarant should have timing in consideraqtion.Special Features:
- The food was different andOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 11/4/2012The food was different and enticing for a local tavern. The service was on target and the staff were friendly. A good place to go for a meal that one ups local fare at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Took the wife and 2 kids toOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/4/2012Took the wife and 2 kids to eat on a Sunday night. We wanted a little change of pace, and thought this place would be decent based off the reviews. The Tavern is tucked on the side of a mini mall in Great Falls. The atmosphere is great- kids and families in one section, older crowds in the back, lively bar scene- cozy fire place. That’s where it ended for me. The menu is straight bar food, they have other things listed, but after having the cup of soup and burger/ my wife the crab cake sandwich- I wouldn’t think of ordering anything sophisticated from this place. I thought when I looked at the menu online there were more offerings. The food was moderately edible. Expectations were low. The service was provided by a group of what seemed disgSpecial Features:
- What a surprise, I was expectingLukeDDined on 9/15/2012What a surprise, I was expecting a nice local restaurant and found fine dining and great service. It's very reasonably priced and I'll be a regular in the future.Special Features:
- Good for lunch or neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2012Good for lunch or neighborhood dinner. Sometimes the bar area can get crowded and noisy, but it's a quiet place for lunch.Special Features:
- Has an extensive menu of allOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/7/2012Has an extensive menu of all the usual items but also a few dishes that are creative and different from your standard food.Special Features:
- Clearly under new ownership.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/21/2012Clearly under new ownership. Have eaten here many times prior, but quality of food and staff have gone down. Don't think I'll be back
- friendly but uninspired...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/16/2012new to great falls and we were hoping to find a great neighborhood grill and bar. on a Monday night just a few folks in the bar. Bartender recommended the French dip sandwich. We tried it. Very fatty beef that was bland an unseasoned. The roll was good and the presentation was nice but it was disappointing. we started with the artichoke dip which also was pretty uninspired...lots of heft, but not much finesse. we will go back for drinks and maybe a burger, but nothing more elaborate.
- Terrific surprise for a Mother'sTommyVIPDined on 5/13/2012Terrific surprise for a Mother's Day brunch. Very nice decor with very good service and excellent food.Special Features:
- I've driven by the TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/21/2012I've driven by the Tavern a number of times and was curious. Only good things to say about the food and service. The hummus appetizer is a great size for four people to share. Nice local restaurant to add to our list.
- Filet Mignon was not a trueOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/7/2012Filet Mignon was not a true filet just a lean steak cut. Waiter was a bit cluelessSpecial Features: