The Tavern at Diamond Mills
25 South Partition Street
Saugerties, NY 12477Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Tavern at Diamond Mills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.diamondmillshotel.com/tavern
- Phone: (845) 247-0700
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday – Friday: 11:30 am to 2:30 pm
BRUNCH & LUNCH
Saturday & Sunday: 10:30 am to 4 pm
Monday & Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday & Thursday: 5 pm to 9 pm
Friday: 5 pm – 10 pm
Saturday: 4 pm – 10 pm
Sunday: 4 pm – 9 pm
Monday & Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday & Thursday: 11:30 am to 9 pm
Friday: 11:30 am to 10 pm
Saturday: 10:30 am to 10 pm
Sunday: 12 pm to 9 pm
Wednesday – Sunday: 3 pm – 6 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef Giuseppe Napoli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Offering multiple private event spaces for gatherings large and small, Diamond Mills can accommodate bridal showers, bar/bat mitzvahs, birthday parties, corporate retreats, baby showers, anniversary parties, rehearsal dinners, galas, board meetings and more. Whether an intimate dinner for two by the fireplace, birthday celebration in the Mezzanine Lounge or group luncheon in the Tavern Library, a memorable culinary experience awaits you at Diamond Mills.
Special Events at Diamond Mills
With over 7000 square feet of versatile event space, the Grand Ballroom at Diamond Mills is unrivaled by anything in the Hudson Valley. Overlooking the picturesque Esopus Falls, the elegant event space and world class staff at Diamond Mills can accommodate weddings, corporate retreats, conferences and banquets for up to 400 seated guests.
- Private Party Contact: Events@DiamondMillsHotel.com 8452470700x
- Cross Street: Main Street
- Public Transit: Amtrak Train to Rhinecliff, NY.
Metro North Train to Poughkeepsie, NY.
Adirondack Trailways to Saugerties, Kingston or Woodstock.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Self Parking at all times.
Valet Parking for private events and high season weekends.
A word from The Tavern at Diamond Mills
The Tavern At Diamond Mills is located in the quaint Village of Saugerties, New York, overlooking the picturesque Esopus Falls. Executive Chef Giuseppe Napoli brings years of culinary talent to Saugerties offering old world traditional dishes with new and surprising additions. Chef Napoli presents a daily menu of world-class cuisine highlighting the best of the Hudson Valley, paired with high-quality meats, fish, house-made pastas, breads and pastries; alongside local craft brews, hand-crafted cocktails and the finest wines from New York State and around the world. Whether dining al fresco on the Grand Terrace overlooking the majestic Falls or cozying up in a booth by the fire of the main dining room, The Tavern at Diamond Mills is the perfect place to meet friends, have a romantic dinner or grab a quick bite at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Tavern at Diamond Mills - Best Restaurants in Saugerties ›
The Tavern at Diamond Mills reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (53)great for outdoor dining (42)special occasion (41)good for groups (35)romantic (29)neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (27)great for brunch (19)great for lunch (19)hot spot (8)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Restaurant Week Stand OutAshleyDined on 11/15/2014I brought my parents here for restaurant week and we all loved it! Staff was very accommodating and attentive. We are already making plans for our return trip. I had the sausage appetizer with lentils, the Cornish hen for entree and the brulee for dessert. All of the ingredients were fresh and the portions were just right, usually restaurant week portions veer toward the smaller side but these did not leave me wanting for more. We were all left satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPaulDined on 11/9/2014Excellent meal. Went for the HV Restaurant Week dinner. Menu choices were excellent - presentation outstanding. Service was very good. Wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingQuashieDined on 11/9/2014It was only 6:30 in the evening yet the kitchen was already sold out of one appetizer and an entree. I have a food allergy (Garlic) and noted this when making our reservation. I was informed that only one dish could be served without garlic - an utterly tasteless combination of a grain with squash. When the hostess inquired how things were I registered my dissatisfaction ( I had hardly touched the entree). Her response was that it 'must be hard for me to eat out with an allergy'. I replied that I eat out often and can usually find good food that I can safely eat. She then remarked that the chef is Italian and loves to use garlic. I would understand if the restaurant billed itself as Italian but it doesn't. Why ask if you don't really care?Special Features:
- jj10Dined on 11/9/2014Very disappointed. We went there to taste the entres however our choice of entres to select from was very limited. We were there during restaurant week for a Sunday lunch. of the three entres only 2 were available from a list of 3. They were out of the offered trout and Scallops. The remaining choice was flatbread or pizza and a grain based dish that was tasty and a good side dish, not an entre. So my goal of discovering what the diamond Mill was abjout for a future place to bring familyand friends to for the holidays was not realized. I expected a full menue to choose from, I didn't realiz that during restaurant week one was not offered an array from which to select from.
- Very Disappointing!DaisyDined on 11/9/2014We had been looking forward to the published Restaurant Week menu &, when ready to order, were told the trout option had sold out. Nothing else on Price Fix appealed to us, so 2 of us ordered turkey burgers. Plating was appealing, but the burgers were so dense, dry and flavorless, we barely ate any. 1 in our party had chicken & waffles; the chicken was a huge, breaded and fried breast over a waffle with an odd tasting sweet sauce; it was dry, flavorless and the coating was hard. Our waiter never returned with twice requested coffee refills, did not ask why we hadn't eaten half our burgers, or if want them wrapped, nor if we wanted dessert. No curtains made the afternoon sun coming directly in on us very uncomfortable. Won't return.
- A nice placeFoodie2Dined on 11/8/2014I picked this place for the Restaurant Week menu for my girlfriend and I. The place was very spacious and had a great view of the waterfall and bridge. Inside the fireplace was going. Over all I thought my meal was ok. I got the pumpkin soup appetizer and cornish hen meal. I just wasn't a fan of the taste, but it wasn't prepared badly. My girlfriend got the beet salad app and lamb shank dinner, which was delicious. Both our desserts were great. I got the peach creme brulee and she got the chocolate tart. Overall a good dining experience, but I don't think I'd go back except to sit outside and enjoy the nice view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond MillsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014I am a local; I knew this location as a mill when I was a kid. Weddings, parties, dinner groups are all activities which take place here. It's a little pricey to be sitting at the bar as a regular, but it sure is nice when we do come.Special Features:
- Great happy hour; poor dinnerwinendineDined on 11/5/2014We lived sitting in the bar for a happy hour drink. Great prices, great ambience and delicious warm nuts served. Dinner was a bit of a letdown. Bread and olive oil selections were delicious. Both my husband and I felt our entrees were too salty and we barely ate them. The meal was discounted for restaurant week, but we still felt it was not worth the price. We would have been mad if we paid full price. We will definitely go back for happy hour, but not dinner.
- Great ExperienceokiealanVIPDined on 11/2/2014This was our second time at this restaurant. The food is awesome starting off with the shrimp cocktail that is prepared and presented in a unique fashion. the flavor of the shrimp and the accompanying dips is terrific. rest of meal very good. ambiance very nice. business was slow for a sunday dinner time, we were one of only two groups eating that night. not sure what that's all about?Special Features:
- outstandingkeevefalDined on 11/1/2014Spent a weekend in Saugerties, found this place online. Didn't really know what to expect. Place looks beautiful. Quite unexpectedly, they came around with on-the-house hors d'oeuvres which were great. The food was just great, neither of us could finish the amount of food we got. Great service too. This place was a real treat, I heartily recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too earlySaugs55Dined on 10/31/2014A very nice experience but we went too early(5:30p.m.) We were the only patrons. Suggest after 7 p.m. for people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamondmills, fabulous experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014We stayed at the hotel, which was lovely, and was pleasantly surprised by the roomy patio, and view of the falls. Staff at hotel were friendly, attentive and very professional. We ate at the tavern, and was greeted by a very engaging gentleman, who seated us, and served us champagne, that had been ordered by our son, as an anniversary surprise. Lindsay was our waitress, she couldn't have been more accommodating and a great sport, with our antics. The food was very good, they were out of lobster mac/cheese, we were disappointed. Other than that, it was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful SpaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Georgeous Dining Room. Servers need a lot more training. While our's was very nice, it was clear she was not experienced and awkward. We were there at 11:00 and wanted to order Bloody Mary's. Our server politley informed us that drinks cannot be served until 12:00. That was fine but we were there until after 12:30. She could have asked if we would still like to have a drink. More money for the house and her tip too. Two of us were given dinner menus, one had a brunch menu. That was promptly corrected. A bus person removed my half full cup of coffee???? Kitchen was very, very slow considering there were only about three or four other tables. Server never came back to the table and I have no idea if desserts were available. Ate there 10/19/14Special Features:
- Terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Our experience with Open Table was perfect! We loved the Tavern at Diamond Mills, the meal was fantastic ( a bit pricey but delicious and creative), the service was fantastic and the ambiance was lovely. If you go, get outside and see the falls, it is spectacular!Special Features:
- Diamond Mills is a true gemedbouw7Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I visited on a 3 day weekend to Hudson, NY for our fall color tour of the Hudson Valley. Our visit included a tour of Olana, the Frederic Edwin Church mansion as well as a planned visit to Hyde Park. My wife's friend is from the Saugerties area and knew about the Tavern at Diamond Mills. She indicated that this was a 'must' for visitors to this area. We are pleased to say our visit to Saugerties was well worth the time. Diamond Mills is an outstanding restaurant for the most discriminating of tastes. Our host Christmas was very engaging, and made us feel right at home. The wait staff is top notch and attentive to the slightest request. Chef Napoli is at the top of his game, 4 stars! Will we come again? Very soon, I hope!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Great food. Great service! We had a great time. Everything was just right. Every time we have been to The Tavern it has been excellentSpecial Features:
- Perfect on a Beautiful Fall Day!LynnBDined on 10/5/2014Enjoyed a delightful brunch with great scenic views! Staff was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diaymoDined on 10/3/2014Buffet is not my strong favorite. I prefer to eat in the Restaurant where the ambience is outstanding and is quiet.The theme food service is fine if you like the theme and the food that supports the theme. Diamond Mill dining is for elegence. People dress to suite the Room. You have a new supervisor for the Restaurant. He has brought the Room up to a wonderful level. His experience and guiding hand shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding friendly servicegddiningexpDined on 9/30/2014We have gone here several times now and have always had a really special time. Aside from the great food and ambiance the staff is very friendly, helpful and professional. Our waiter whom we had before was so accommodating and made our experience perfect. Looking forward to going again especially around the holidays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as brilliant as it once was.CrispyoysterDined on 9/20/2014Twenty minutes lapsed before we were greeted by a waiter and offered water. By this time we requested a manager who appeared with the waiter and left without saying anything but "sorry". At minute 55 our appetizers appeared. Clams on the half shell were delicious. A bottle of white wine was left on the table for 15 minutes before being placed on ice. 6 of our party of 7 were served entrees. After a futile wait for the final entree, we began eating. Salmon was perfectly cooked. Kids burger was fit for a gourmand. The waiter began clearing dishes. However, we were still waiting for the last entree to be served. The last straw. We interrupted the manager from a conversation. At the end, he did the right thing, but only after a scene was made.Special Features:
- Bad serviceWhatsupdocDined on 9/20/2014Our reservation was at 6:45, the table that had the same waitress next to us got served first. We ordered burgers and the fish and chips with salad starters. It took until 8:45 to feed us, seriously??? The fries were cold and the buns over toasted, it was disappointingSpecial Features:
- Great night.DavidDined on 9/19/2014Food was outstanding, service was great, and the food was to die for . Definitely a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Our lunch was very relaxing....the presentation of the food was very appealing, however the taste was just okay. There was nothing on the plate that made us say "wow". The waitress was friendly and attentive. The surroundings were calming..... We will be back.... Thank you Mr. Struzzeri for bringing this beautiful building to Saugerties. As a child I remember the Cantine Paper Mill and visiting your new building brought back many happy child-time memories. Gina W.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will ReturnHudsonValleyAficionadoDined on 9/14/2014A beautiful almost-Fall Sunday morning brunch (inside because it was kind of cool outside, although that's where other diners went) in a surprisingly new, clean and much bigger than expected restaurant. We were there at 1045 with only a few other diners present. Most of the crowd showed up at noon, but the huge place easily accommodated all. The waiter was very attentive, inviting and competent. The food was delicious and well-presented. There seems to be a CIA influence, and it's really first-class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversaryRocky092Dined on 9/6/2014Wonderful place to dine. Small plates are all delicious and the meals are fantastic too. Sitting outside overlooking the waterfall was romantic and relaxingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and view for lunchschlaufVIPDined on 9/6/2014We stopped for lunch at the Tavern at Diamond Mills on a Saturday in September on a way to a wedding in Hudson. Food was very good esp the flat breads. Service was as good or better then at a New York restaurant. The view of the falls is awesome and whether you sit outside on the patio overlooking the falls or inside, the decor is outstanding. Our expectations were very low considering The Tavern was in Saugerties, but we were pleasantly surprised and would definitely return and recommend our friends stop here.Special Features:
- Delicious DinneradixVIPDined on 9/5/2014Went to dinner with a group of friends. Delicious dinner in a great ambiance to catch up. No complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service and CuisinehhteastcoastDined on 9/5/2014After a few year's hiatus, it's a pleasure to have Tavern on the Green fully restored to its original beauty. The interior was magnificent, from the bar to the dining area, and even the restrooms. The menu selection was diverse, allowing even the most picky eater to find something to interest them. I dined with three others and all four of us were overwhelmingly surprised by how good the food is (I assumed it would be mediocre; more of a beautiful tourist attraction as opposed to a place with excellent food). The service was friendly and attentive. What I liked best about our server is his decisiveness. One of my guests had trouble picking between two items and he was immediately confident in his recommendation. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely surpriseRevved83VIPDined on 8/31/2014Just passing through the area for a day and found this place tucked nicely next to the hotel. Perfect service, great ambiance, and relaxing for a nice night out. The food was spot on taste and sizing; good wine selection; I have absolutely no complaints.Special Features:
- Dim the lights!SteveVIPDined on 8/31/2014The building, bar and restaurant are all newly remodeled and well-appointed. It might feel much more cozy and even romantic if they would turn off some lights. It felt like we were sitting in a breakfast room when we were there for a nice dinner. The staff were all very pleasant, but did not seem especially versed on the wine or spirits offered. The bartender suggested we try a particular vodka we were not familiar with. When asked about it, he wasn't able to really say what would differentiate this from others. We asked for his opinion of it and he replied that he had not tried it. Our server was equally vague when asked for specifics about the wines they offered by the glass. The majority of the food was really exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placedenimrsDined on 8/27/2014This was my second time to dine on the terrace at Diamond Mills. Once for brunch and once for lunch. Both times the service was impeccable; the food delish; the menu very hard to pick from -- too many intriguing dishes. The view of the falls is spectacular and the noise they make is wonderful. Prices are very reasonable. Definitely a place I will go again and I can't wait.Special Features:
- Great...but!JuliaDined on 8/24/2014I made an online reservation and arrived on time . There wasn't any hostess in the lobby and by the time we were all set up it was at least a 15 minute wait. The restaurant was not crowded at the time so I felt it was unnecessary to have to wait, especially with two small children.Special Features:
- An Outstanding Meal Had By AllMomos5VIPDined on 8/17/2014Another fabulous meal with great service and a super view of the falls.....Christmas is a real gem to your organization and standout person..... I look forward to dining here the minute I make my reservation.....Well done!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need a new kitchen mangagerRockyVIPDined on 8/17/2014We booked this for brunch on a Sunday - to celebrate our 40th Anniversary. But despite the fact this is a lovely space and great location, the glow of the initial impression wore off as we had to wait and wait and wait and wait for the food to come - more than 1 hour wait, which is truly unacceptable for a fine restaurant. I had read some prior reviews noting the poor service. It's not the waiter that's the problem. We had a very diligent waiter, who was quite apologetic. But the folks that run this spot need to change the manager of the kitchen! We had no quibbling w/ the food or the menu. can't recommend. By the time the food arrived - well over one hour has passed - and we all had lost interest in eating.
- More than just a beautiful viewMichel6NYCDined on 8/14/2014Diamond Mills surprised us! First the renovation of the old mill is stunning. then the view from the terrace overlooking the river, bridge, and dam is just magnificent, then the food was delicious.. We used to drive by Saugerties and check the few antic stores, well now Saugerties is part of our culinary itinerary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurantFluffy10Dined on 8/12/2014I think the food is the best in the area ! I love their 3-6 cocktail specials, especially on Sunday, their hamburger. It is decadent . I also love their 3 course dinners on Mon- Wed for 29.99 a person. One can have a special celebration without it costing a fortune. Also every first Friday of the month they have a 20.00 special buffet, always a different theme. The outdoor dining on the terrace is so special. This is exactly what this area needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StargazerDined on 8/10/2014Tavern host Paul was most gracious and handled our party wonderfully. Food and presentation was superb as usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FindDiningduoDined on 8/6/2014The food was tastefully prepared, wonderful and plentiful. The sights and sounds of the waterfalls were divine. The ambiance could not be better. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Fine dining and excellent food...would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Waterfall heavenLuvfoodDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I enjoy dining here. We ate upstairs one time for fixed three course meal and it was delicious with views of waterfalls. This time we took friemdsmtomfirst Fridays for the buffet which was ok. We dined alfresco with choice of fried chicken and fish, pulled pork and brotworst and potato salad, coleslaw, lettuce with tomatoe, bacon and blue cheese, mashed potatoes and two deserts. Our friends enjoyed and the. We walked off our dinner by strolling thru the town and enjoying the wonderful shops and music and people watching. Check it out. Great night.Special Features: