The Tavern at Diamond Mills
25 South Partition Street
Saugerties, NY 12477Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Tavern at Diamond Mills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.diamondmillshotel.com/tavern
- Phone: 8452470700x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday – Friday: 11:30 am to 2:30 pm
BRUNCH & LUNCH
Saturday & Sunday: 10:30 am to 4 pm
Monday & Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday & Thursday: 5 pm to 9 pm
Friday: 5 pm – 10 pm
Saturday: 4 pm – 10 pm
Sunday: 4 pm – 9 pm
Monday & Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday & Thursday: 11:30 am to 9 pm
Friday: 11:30 am to 10 pm
Saturday: 10:30 am to 10 pm
Sunday: 12 pm to 9 pm
Wednesday – Sunday: 3 pm – 6 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef Giuseppe Napoli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Offering multiple private event spaces for gatherings large and small, Diamond Mills can accommodate bridal showers, bar/bat mitzvahs, birthday parties, corporate retreats, baby showers, anniversary parties, rehearsal dinners, galas, board meetings and more. Whether an intimate dinner for two by the fireplace, birthday celebration in the Mezzanine Lounge or group luncheon in the Tavern Library, a memorable culinary experience awaits you at Diamond Mills.
Special Events at Diamond Mills
With over 7000 square feet of versatile event space, the Grand Ballroom at Diamond Mills is unrivaled by anything in the Hudson Valley. Overlooking the picturesque Esopus Falls, the elegant event space and world class staff at Diamond Mills can accommodate weddings, corporate retreats, conferences and banquets for up to 400 seated guests.
- Private Party Contact: Events@DiamondMillsHotel.com 8452470700x
- Cross Street: Main Street
- Public Transit: Amtrak Train to Rhinecliff, NY.
Metro North Train to Poughkeepsie, NY.
Adirondack Trailways to Saugerties, Kingston or Woodstock.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Self Parking at all times.
Valet Parking for private events and high season weekends.
A word from The Tavern at Diamond Mills
The Tavern At Diamond Mills is located in the quaint Village of Saugerties, New York, overlooking the picturesque Esopus Falls. Executive Chef Giuseppe Napoli brings years of culinary talent to Saugerties offering old world traditional dishes with new and surprising additions. Chef Napoli presents a daily menu of world-class cuisine highlighting the best of the Hudson Valley, paired with high-quality meats, fish, house-made pastas, breads and pastries; alongside local craft brews, hand-crafted cocktails and the finest wines from New York State and around the world. Whether dining al fresco on the Grand Terrace overlooking the majestic Falls or cozying up in a booth by the fire of the main dining room, The Tavern at Diamond Mills is the perfect place to meet friends, have a romantic dinner or grab a quick bite at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Tavern at Diamond Mills - Best Restaurants in Saugerties ›
The Tavern at Diamond Mills reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (57)great for outdoor dining (50)special occasion (42)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (29)romantic (28)great for lunch (26)good for groups (26)great for brunch (23)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (6)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Our experience with Open Table was perfect! We loved the Tavern at Diamond Mills, the meal was fantastic ( a bit pricey but delicious and creative), the service was fantastic and the ambiance was lovely. If you go, get outside and see the falls, it is spectacular!Special Features:
- Diamond Mills is a true gemedbouw7Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I visited on a 3 day weekend to Hudson, NY for our fall color tour of the Hudson Valley. Our visit included a tour of Olana, the Frederic Edwin Church mansion as well as a planned visit to Hyde Park. My wife's friend is from the Saugerties area and knew about the Tavern at Diamond Mills. She indicated that this was a 'must' for visitors to this area. We are pleased to say our visit to Saugerties was well worth the time. Diamond Mills is an outstanding restaurant for the most discriminating of tastes. Our host Christmas was very engaging, and made us feel right at home. The wait staff is top notch and attentive to the slightest request. Chef Napoli is at the top of his game, 4 stars! Will we come again? Very soon, I hope!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Great food. Great service! We had a great time. Everything was just right. Every time we have been to The Tavern it has been excellentSpecial Features:
- Perfect on a Beautiful Fall Day!LynnBDined on 10/5/2014Enjoyed a delightful brunch with great scenic views! Staff was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diaymoDined on 10/3/2014Buffet is not my strong favorite. I prefer to eat in the Restaurant where the ambience is outstanding and is quiet.The theme food service is fine if you like the theme and the food that supports the theme. Diamond Mill dining is for elegence. People dress to suite the Room. You have a new supervisor for the Restaurant. He has brought the Room up to a wonderful level. His experience and guiding hand shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding friendly servicegddiningexpDined on 9/30/2014We have gone here several times now and have always had a really special time. Aside from the great food and ambiance the staff is very friendly, helpful and professional. Our waiter whom we had before was so accommodating and made our experience perfect. Looking forward to going again especially around the holidays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as brilliant as it once was.CrispyoysterDined on 9/20/2014Twenty minutes lapsed before we were greeted by a waiter and offered water. By this time we requested a manager who appeared with the waiter and left without saying anything but "sorry". At minute 55 our appetizers appeared. Clams on the half shell were delicious. A bottle of white wine was left on the table for 15 minutes before being placed on ice. 6 of our party of 7 were served entrees. After a futile wait for the final entree, we began eating. Salmon was perfectly cooked. Kids burger was fit for a gourmand. The waiter began clearing dishes. However, we were still waiting for the last entree to be served. The last straw. We interrupted the manager from a conversation. At the end, he did the right thing, but only after a scene was made.Special Features:
- Bad serviceWhatsupdocDined on 9/20/2014Our reservation was at 6:45, the table that had the same waitress next to us got served first. We ordered burgers and the fish and chips with salad starters. It took until 8:45 to feed us, seriously??? The fries were cold and the buns over toasted, it was disappointingSpecial Features:
- Great night.DavidDined on 9/19/2014Food was outstanding, service was great, and the food was to die for . Definitely a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Our lunch was very relaxing....the presentation of the food was very appealing, however the taste was just okay. There was nothing on the plate that made us say "wow". The waitress was friendly and attentive. The surroundings were calming..... We will be back.... Thank you Mr. Struzzeri for bringing this beautiful building to Saugerties. As a child I remember the Cantine Paper Mill and visiting your new building brought back many happy child-time memories. Gina W.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will ReturnHudsonValleyAficionadoDined on 9/14/2014A beautiful almost-Fall Sunday morning brunch (inside because it was kind of cool outside, although that's where other diners went) in a surprisingly new, clean and much bigger than expected restaurant. We were there at 1045 with only a few other diners present. Most of the crowd showed up at noon, but the huge place easily accommodated all. The waiter was very attentive, inviting and competent. The food was delicious and well-presented. There seems to be a CIA influence, and it's really first-class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversaryRocky092Dined on 9/6/2014Wonderful place to dine. Small plates are all delicious and the meals are fantastic too. Sitting outside overlooking the waterfall was romantic and relaxingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and view for lunchschlaufVIPDined on 9/6/2014We stopped for lunch at the Tavern at Diamond Mills on a Saturday in September on a way to a wedding in Hudson. Food was very good esp the flat breads. Service was as good or better then at a New York restaurant. The view of the falls is awesome and whether you sit outside on the patio overlooking the falls or inside, the decor is outstanding. Our expectations were very low considering The Tavern was in Saugerties, but we were pleasantly surprised and would definitely return and recommend our friends stop here.Special Features:
- Delicious DinneradixVIPDined on 9/5/2014Went to dinner with a group of friends. Delicious dinner in a great ambiance to catch up. No complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service and CuisinehhteastcoastDined on 9/5/2014After a few year's hiatus, it's a pleasure to have Tavern on the Green fully restored to its original beauty. The interior was magnificent, from the bar to the dining area, and even the restrooms. The menu selection was diverse, allowing even the most picky eater to find something to interest them. I dined with three others and all four of us were overwhelmingly surprised by how good the food is (I assumed it would be mediocre; more of a beautiful tourist attraction as opposed to a place with excellent food). The service was friendly and attentive. What I liked best about our server is his decisiveness. One of my guests had trouble picking between two items and he was immediately confident in his recommendation. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely surpriseRevved83VIPDined on 8/31/2014Just passing through the area for a day and found this place tucked nicely next to the hotel. Perfect service, great ambiance, and relaxing for a nice night out. The food was spot on taste and sizing; good wine selection; I have absolutely no complaints.Special Features:
- Dim the lights!SteveVIPDined on 8/31/2014The building, bar and restaurant are all newly remodeled and well-appointed. It might feel much more cozy and even romantic if they would turn off some lights. It felt like we were sitting in a breakfast room when we were there for a nice dinner. The staff were all very pleasant, but did not seem especially versed on the wine or spirits offered. The bartender suggested we try a particular vodka we were not familiar with. When asked about it, he wasn't able to really say what would differentiate this from others. We asked for his opinion of it and he replied that he had not tried it. Our server was equally vague when asked for specifics about the wines they offered by the glass. The majority of the food was really exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placedenimrsDined on 8/27/2014This was my second time to dine on the terrace at Diamond Mills. Once for brunch and once for lunch. Both times the service was impeccable; the food delish; the menu very hard to pick from -- too many intriguing dishes. The view of the falls is spectacular and the noise they make is wonderful. Prices are very reasonable. Definitely a place I will go again and I can't wait.Special Features:
- Great...but!JuliaDined on 8/24/2014I made an online reservation and arrived on time . There wasn't any hostess in the lobby and by the time we were all set up it was at least a 15 minute wait. The restaurant was not crowded at the time so I felt it was unnecessary to have to wait, especially with two small children.Special Features:
- An Outstanding Meal Had By AllMomos5VIPDined on 8/17/2014Another fabulous meal with great service and a super view of the falls.....Christmas is a real gem to your organization and standout person..... I look forward to dining here the minute I make my reservation.....Well done!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need a new kitchen mangagerRockyVIPDined on 8/17/2014We booked this for brunch on a Sunday - to celebrate our 40th Anniversary. But despite the fact this is a lovely space and great location, the glow of the initial impression wore off as we had to wait and wait and wait and wait for the food to come - more than 1 hour wait, which is truly unacceptable for a fine restaurant. I had read some prior reviews noting the poor service. It's not the waiter that's the problem. We had a very diligent waiter, who was quite apologetic. But the folks that run this spot need to change the manager of the kitchen! We had no quibbling w/ the food or the menu. can't recommend. By the time the food arrived - well over one hour has passed - and we all had lost interest in eating.
- More than just a beautiful viewMichel6NYCDined on 8/14/2014Diamond Mills surprised us! First the renovation of the old mill is stunning. then the view from the terrace overlooking the river, bridge, and dam is just magnificent, then the food was delicious.. We used to drive by Saugerties and check the few antic stores, well now Saugerties is part of our culinary itinerary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurantFluffy10Dined on 8/12/2014I think the food is the best in the area ! I love their 3-6 cocktail specials, especially on Sunday, their hamburger. It is decadent . I also love their 3 course dinners on Mon- Wed for 29.99 a person. One can have a special celebration without it costing a fortune. Also every first Friday of the month they have a 20.00 special buffet, always a different theme. The outdoor dining on the terrace is so special. This is exactly what this area needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StargazerDined on 8/10/2014Tavern host Paul was most gracious and handled our party wonderfully. Food and presentation was superb as usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FindDiningduoDined on 8/6/2014The food was tastefully prepared, wonderful and plentiful. The sights and sounds of the waterfalls were divine. The ambiance could not be better. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Fine dining and excellent food...would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Waterfall heavenLuvfoodDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I enjoy dining here. We ate upstairs one time for fixed three course meal and it was delicious with views of waterfalls. This time we took friemdsmtomfirst Fridays for the buffet which was ok. We dined alfresco with choice of fried chicken and fish, pulled pork and brotworst and potato salad, coleslaw, lettuce with tomatoe, bacon and blue cheese, mashed potatoes and two deserts. Our friends enjoyed and the. We walked off our dinner by strolling thru the town and enjoying the wonderful shops and music and people watching. Check it out. Great night.Special Features:
- Incredibly AttentiveAC8419Dined on 7/31/2014This place has a wonderful staff - from the first steps into the restaurant through the dinner and on the way out. The food was detailed and intricate - but still not "overworked." I was impressed with the portion size given the big and interesting flavors. The drink menu was very nice and original. The best selling point however was dining outside overlooking the falls with the quaint bridge. We loved this dinner and this place.Special Features:
- A perfecte eveningNYguyVIPDined on 7/26/2014A group of us had dinner on the terrace at the Tavern and had a wonderful time. The setting next to the waterfalls on an evening with low humidity and a gentle breeze could not be beat (although the falls are a little loud). Most all of us thought our dishes were excellent, and the service was attentive and friendly. What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceKateDined on 7/23/2014Everything from the excellent service to the incredible meal made for a relaxing and enjoyable evening. We had the Special for two and I have never had such an incredible dining experience!Special Features:
- Dinner experienceFarmgirlDined on 7/19/2014Lovely place. Server nice but not very experienced. Food slightly missed the mark... Heavy ! Reasonable price thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014We have had brunch at this restaurant numerous times and was excited to take friends there that had never been. We had made reservations for an outside table but upon arriving we were actually strongly discouraged from eating outside due to the "possibility" of inclement weather - which never arrived. So we sat inside, while we noticed party after party being seated outside. maybe we should have been more insistent to sit outside but again the host seemed somewhat adamant that we sit inside. (we were four adults, no children) The other issue was although our order was promptly taken and water brought to us, it was 50 minutes before our food was served.Special Features:
- Above and beyondcook416Dined on 7/9/2014Brought a foodie to show off The Tavern and was not disappointed. Service was outstanding, menu varied and was amazed to be handed a neighbors price fixed menu thT was just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Tavern at Diamond MillsWaterfallsDined on 7/6/2014I really enjoy going to the Tavern at Diamond Mills for a brunch. It is not a typical brunch menu. There are no buffet lines and the food is outstanding!! I highly recommend the BLT!! They have amazing burgers too with Parmesan fries that are very good. The outside seating is very comfortable and scenic. The desserts are amazing as well! I have only gone for lunch/brunch. I did recommend to our friends who also went and had only good things to say about the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mzrothVIPDined on 7/5/2014The view of the waterfalls is wonderful. The food and service were disappointing. When we asked for water, we received glasses of ice tap water and had to ask for refills on a very hot evening. All the other tables were brought carafes of water for the table. We each ordered duck, and although the leg was perfect, the slices of duck breast were cold and hardly barely cooked (rare). It was our first trip to Saugerties and, after a long day in the heat, we were heading home after dinner. When we realized the problem, we decided not to send it back and wait any longer. The minor details made the meal less enjoyable than it could have been.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewssunshineDined on 7/4/2014There were nine of us that went for the " First Friday" buffet. I thought the food was very good and a good value for the money but everyone in our party would not agree with that assessment. I will agree with their complaints that some of the food was cold and empty trays were not filled in a timely manner. Also the line moved way too slowly each time we were on it. They should open up the serving line on both sides of the table to move things along. When we were ready for desert (we had a 6:45 seating) the blueberry cobbler ran out, some waited 20min for a slice of apple pie, and they ran out of Italian ice. Better than half of our group left very disappointed to say the least.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014The line was way to long and not enough food. Food coldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedDisappointedDined on 7/4/2014We looked forward to their 4th of July barbecue based upon what we had heard from friends. The view from a porch was spectacular but from our table which was upstairs in a side room was nonexistent. We had a table of 8. The food was buffet style featuring a clam bake. The clam bake chafing dish was quickly picked clean of clams, shrimp and corn on the cob. When I got there it only had mussels, kielbasa and potatoes. The barbecue ribs were good but not great. We ordered the add on lobster. It was boiled and split and for us the roe and liver was very unappetizing. The claws and tail were delicious. The waitress brought out two giant soup bowls of melted margarine which we were to ALL share. My wife got her wine 30 mins late. Slow service.Special Features:
- I enjoy Diamond Millssaugerties1foodDined on 7/4/2014My husband and I have gone to Diamond Mills on several different occasions. We usually have a great time and a great meal. We went on the 4th of July for the American Celebration. The food was good, not great. I think the rain caused a shift in plans from a BBQ to an indoor chafing dishes. You lose something from a chafing dish and not a hot grill. The server was just not wanting to be there. She kept us waiting to give us water. The soft drinks took 15 minutes and forget about refills. And don't offer coffee. Why bother? The servers tend to be young and eager to please, but this was a mature server, who just could not be bothered. If you don't want to work on a holiday, then don't.Special Features:
- Ask for Hugo!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014The ambiance, the food, and most notably the service were unparalleled. I had a great time and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.