The Tasting Room at The Chef's Table
99 W. Plant St
Winter Garden, FL 34787Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
The Tasting Room at The Chef's Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefstableattheedgewater.com/tastingroom.html
- Phone: 4072304837x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 12pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Kevin Tarter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Fridays and Saturdays from 8 - 11
A word from The Tasting Room at The Chef's Table
The Tasting Room at the Chef's Table is the small plate concept brought to you by the same chefs that create food at the Chef's Table at the Edgewater. Since opening, we have won Best Appetizers in Orlando by the readers of Orlando Magazine. Our full bar offers some of the best creative, craft cocktails in Orlando. And we also serve craft beers and award winning wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Tasting Room at The Chef's Table - Best Restaurants in Winter Garden ›
The Tasting Room at The Chef's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (20)special occasion (18)romantic (15)good for groups (11)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- the unicornthatguyDined on 8/12/2014All I can say is this place is the only restaurant that my girlfriend didn't complain about in the year and a half we have dated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMC143VIPDined on 7/19/2014Very unique menu...had not heard of New Orleans style tapas before. Lobster Mac & Cheese was fantastic. Ribs were great too. Had live music with a great guitarist. Definitely worth it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014Have been few times and there never seems to be good management of tables and restaurant. Is very loud and hard to enjoy. Music is great but the noise from other tables and crowd makes for a underwhelming experience. Food has been inconsistent at best with the same order being mixed quality and temp from visit to visit. Too bad as is great concept with huge potential.
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2014We ate there last week and I thought that the ambiance and the character of the restaurant/bar was exceptional. The concept of serving tapas-style is a really good idea. In effect though the dishes were unexceptional and over-priced. I would go back again but not for the food.
- Wonderful ExperienceWaykayDined on 6/20/2014We loved coming here to celebrate my husband's birthday! The Chef was wonderful and the food was to die for! We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting Room not what I remembered.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I have been a hand full of times and I realize now that I do not like to sit in the back part of the tasting room. It is dark and drab. Two of us ordered the chef burger with fries....yummy. The chorizo flatbread was warm at best and very dry. The wellingtons were good. Service very good. I will go back for brunch and sit outside.Special Features:
- BrunchLikegoodfoodDined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed Fathers Day brunch on the patio. Although we made reservations, they were not needed. The food was delicious and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and comfyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2014Nice neighborhood bar/restaurant in quaint downtown Winter Garden. Great portions of very tasty home style food with a twist. task cocktails as well and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A REAL TREATWINDERMERE1Dined on 6/5/2014For those of us who love appetizers (and often say we prefer them to a main course--you know who you are), this is a special place. For those of us who love chicken livers (and I fear that's a low percentage), this is a special place. For those of you who love mac and cheese, this is a special place...and it has a yummy lobster tail on top. I could go on and on, but I haven't tried everything on the menu yet. I do know that two hungry teenagers, a husband and I ordered three apps each and couldn't eat it all. They are very generous in size and absolutely delicious! This is destined to be one of our regular haunts.Special Features:
- Great PlacejasianDined on 5/23/2014Our waiter was awesome and the food was great for the most part. The only complaint we had was that the scallop plate we ordered were too salty- EVERYTHING else was outstanding. The waiter was very friendly and even recognized that a member of our party was trying to avoid dairy, so he did everything he could to accommodate that individual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always the food is delicious!abundanceDined on 5/18/2014My only complaint...(and everything else is outstanding!) is that sometimes in the wooden-sided room, which is Tasting Room's inside dining area: the noise gets so loud it is impossible to have a conversation! I am wondering if the owners might address the acoustics by adding tapestry, wall hangings, carpet, or certain items that might dampen the sound! We had a table of 5: and could not hear each other talk towards the end of our dinner. Otherwise: food, service, ambiance, and drinks were all awesome!Special Features:
- Just shy of being perfectBirthdayDinnerDined on 5/17/2014I loved mostly everything about the tasting room. To start, the ambiance was great. I tried a mixed drink from the menu, strawberry fields, and it was creative and delicious. I was disappointed that several of the tapas were sold out. However, we picked four other dishes and each one of them was spectacular. The only thing lacking from the whole experience was the service. It was a busy Saturday night and our waitress was great when she was there but she wasn't attentive enough. We sat for a while before she came over, to the point where the hostess took our drink orders and the rest of the evening went just like that, us waiting. When dessert was finally offered, I changed my mind about ordering dessert after waiting so long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatMrAliceDined on 5/10/2014Good all around experience once again! The food is always excellent as is the service. The noise level is very high but one could contribute that to the beautiful old wood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- must try2goodtryitDined on 5/9/2014I have eaten in the past two weeks there. I have enjoyed the back area for full meal and front for tapas. The food was so good this is a must try experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2014Very nice restaurant!! Loved the nostalgic vibe. In our opinion, the tapas portions were a little too small too share and too expensive to get too many of. We ended up going across the street to the pizza place to get something more substantial. We loved our cocktails & would be back to enjoy those again. We'd probably eat first though.Special Features:
- The following 44 reviews are from the The Tasting Room at The Chef's Table reviews archive.
- Great FindjustmeDined on 4/11/2014We were in Winter Garden for the Art Festival and stopped in for an adult beverage and something small to eat. What a great find! The following Friday night we got our group of 8 together and made the reservations and everyone thought it was a good idea to go there and we decided we would go again.Special Features:
- Great place in Winter GardenWayneBDined on 4/4/2014Go to Winter Garden and the Tasting Room where chef Kevin is rocking it. We had a great time here, good live music, a mix of young and older adults, great service, and the small plates. The atmosphere reminds me of the old places you would go to in New York or Chicago, old but well-cared for. There is a good selection of beers and wine, and drinks. Sometimes you want to go out and eat , and are not hungry enough for a full blown dinner. The Tasting Room is a fun place to go to do that, where you can order as many or as few plates as you want. I especially liked the ribs.Special Features:
- Tasting RoomAng0322Dined on 3/29/2014We had a great anniversary celebration at the Tasting Room and thoroughly enjoyed our food and drinks! The atmosphere was relaxing and romantic, but energetic at the same time. Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable(I wish I could remember her name-she has a twin sister who works there). I would highly recommend your restaurant to our friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go now not later!CupcakeDined on 3/3/2014we waited too long to finally try The Chefs Table in Winter Garden. Food was outstanding, wine and dessert the same. Should have come long ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2014This was a charming little restaurant in downtown Winter Garden. We heard great things from friends about the food, so we had high expectations for a great experience. We dined on the tapas side of the restaurant, hearing from others that it was just as good as the 3-course portion of the restaurant. We ordered a total of 4 dishes and 2 drinks. The drinks were excellent and so was the bill total--very inexpensive. The dishes were ok. They all seemed to lack a little something to make them excellent. The duck fat fries tasted just like Five Guys, which are good too, but expected these to be great. Overall, a cute place and would go back for just drinks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/11/2014The Tasting Room is a great experience! The food was great and you could order as you go. Tasting a little of everything was great. The wings are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for casual get togetherLovetoeatVIPDined on 2/11/2014Recently, my friend and I dined at the Tasting Room while she was visiting from Atlanta. She is no stranger to fine dining, and went so far as to call herself a "foodie". Not sure I agree, but she has had some memorable dining experiences. With that said, The Tasting Room did not disappoint her (or my) high standards. We were seated in a booth during a Tuesday, so the restaurant was very quiet and we enjoyed our conversation and did not feel rushed during service. Our server was very knowledgeable and thoroughly explained the menu, as well as made recommendations for suitable wine to accompany our order. Everything was delicious, and I would have it all again- especially the duck fat fries!Special Features:
- Surprise offeringsAlandBVIPDined on 2/8/2014Small plates for sharing, wonderful options and variety! Only problem was loud musician who would not or could not tone it downSpecial Features:
- Great, as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2014The restaurant is always delicious, the plates come out extremely fast and the food always has a unique flare. I have to admit, I enjoy when there are more seafood options on the menu... But the point is to TASTE different things. All in all the restaurant is great and overall one of my favorites. Highly reccomend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceIP718Dined on 1/24/2014We recently dined at The Tasting Room at Chef's table and the food was amazing! Better than I expected. The service was excellent as well. The ambiance left a little something to be desired but I highly recommend and have repeatedly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mini means more!TeraJeanDined on 1/18/2014My husband and I really enjoy The Tasting Room. The portions are perfect for sharing and allow you to try so many different dishes. The waitresses were pleasant and attentive, the food comes out quickly and beautifully. We've been once alone for a romantic dinner and once with our children. I wouldn't suggest bringing toddlers or babies because it's an intimate setting, but older kids who have a taste for something new would enjoy it there. They can also make cheese flatbread for the less adventurous. We look forward to trying out the regular dining area with the 3 course meals on our next visit.Special Features:
- Nice spot to dine!MachelleVIPDined on 1/18/2014This is a nice spot to dine indoor or outdoor. Staff are down to earth. Food is delicious. Staff are very interactive with customers and I love that. They are very warm and inciting. I will keep coming back to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad....but true!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/16/2014We heard good things about the small plate approach of this restaurant. The menu sounded exciting, but the execution fell very short. Service was unusally slow for a restaurant that only had two other tables in it. There are many other places to spend your money in Central Florida if you are looking for great food prepared in a great setting.
- Fun Anniversary!FlaswansDined on 1/7/2014We went on a Tuesday night, and had great service. The food was fun and tasted great! We tried the fried green tomato, fish tacos, venison empanadas and Wellington sliders. We will defiantly go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST small bitesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/3/2014Having enjoyed food on every continent, we are delighted to find this little gem of a bar with excellent food choices in Winter Garden. Each food choice was excellent. It was a fun time with good food and good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting small plateskaralukeVIPDined on 12/30/2013Was visiting the area from NC and I always like to try places on the "neighborhood gem" list. This is definitely a gem! Interesting small plates and nice options from the bar. We definitely got our grub on.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and ambience!!BandDDined on 12/23/2013Just a great place to meet friends and enjoy great food and conversation! One of the best in Central Florida!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we made it to Chef's TableBuddhaDined on 12/7/2013The restaurant is small with only six tables with a warm, casual finer dining vibe. The restaurant has a prix fixe menu, which can be found online. At $55 person, it is quite reasonably priced. For an additional $24, you can add wine pairings. There is foie gras on the menu with an additional $5 surcharge. All the food was perfectly prepared and absolutely delicious (mushroom torte, heirloom salad, foie gras, lamb chops and desserts). The wine list has decent choice with reasonable mark-ups. The night was made even better because of the excitement and passion for food that our server showed. The building houses two restaurants owned by the same people. They'll even serve food from the other menu if you wish. Do try to get here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie HeavenBonVivantDined on 12/4/2013We had an early dinner on a Wednesday evening so the Tasting Room was fairly quiet. The food was excellent and the chef was willing to accommodate special requests (my husband wanted chicken livers but prepared quite differently from the dish on the menu). The foie gras was to die for. The service was perfect. And the Christmas decorations in Winter Garden are well worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013we visited there for the second time in a year. it is such a beautiful place to eat dinner the food is superb and as always extremely tasteful and fresh and new. Our waitress was extremely attentive and sermed to always be there just when we needed her. Her suggestions were spot on. My new favorite drink is the gentlemens mule. Superb!!!!Special Features:
- Sunday lunchBonVivantDined on 10/27/2013This place is a real gem and it is fantastic that it is now opening for Sunday lunch - we really do hope they generate enough trade to keep that option open. We both went with two appetizers which to some extent we shared and they came out at a very nice pace and were all truly exceptional. Finding chicken livers and foie gras on the same menu will inevitably draw us back and we are sure we will be taking many friends there especially if they stay open for Sunday lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTerriDined on 10/26/2013After dining at the Chef's Table a couple of times, we decided to try The Tasting Room for a more casual dining experience and to try something different. We were disappointed when our food came out--we ended up spending close to $50 for the food that we felt was just average. The waitress only offered us wine or water--and when she would return to the table to top off our water or ask if we were okay, she would only speak to my husband or fill his glass. I had one glass of water for the entire meal. When she passed the table and I asked for a refill, she would say she would be back and then would not return; she left a lot to be desired, and her tip reflected as much. I left a note on the receipt explaining why--and we will not be back...
- awesome!!kathyDined on 10/22/2013Wow the food was excellent!!! We have wanted to go for 4 years now.. And finally we went for our anniversary and everything was amazing!! All organic foods and produce grown locally from Matthew's Hope a bonus!!! A local gem for sure.. You have to check it out if you have never been...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemSweetwaterFoxDined on 10/11/2013Prepare yourself for an absolutely wonderful dining experience. Great food and wine paired to perfection served by an attentive and truly professional wait staff. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceKateDined on 10/6/2013Chef's Table & the Tasting Room never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.