The Tap House
16 Depot Square
Tuckahoe, NY 10707Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $31 to $50
The Tap House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thetaphouseny.com/
- Phone: (914) 337-6941
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Bertrand
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are available, please inquire for details.
A word from The Tap House
The Tap House is an inviting gastro-pub with a warm interior, cozy tables, and features a great classic-design bar. The Tap House as one may expect is a beer aficionado’s dream with a selection of over seventy craft and premium beers – 14 of them taps. To accompany the amber brew, the Tap House offers a menu that focuses on simple, well-prepared comfort fare. Three dining areas to suit your dining preference. Besides the main dining room, there is a smaller dining area with a cozy fireplace that is perfect for an intimate dinner or business lunch, or you can dine in the loft dining room, which overlooks the usually busy bar scene below. Modern American fare with creative, sophisticated tweaks. Besides, malted grain beverages, The Tap House’s biggest appeal is its creative, modern American fare with some sophisticated tweaks it slips into its menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Tap House reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (5)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great spotUliQDined on 11/8/2014Fantastic service, great food at reasonable prices, very nice ambience. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great night outSeth719VIPDined on 10/25/2014This was our second time at The Taphouse. We went with some friends for dinner. The manager is super friendly and remembered us from our previous visit a few weeks ago. We were seated immediately and water and bread arrived promptly. Our waiter was excellent, always there when needed but not over bearing. We ordered a ton of apps, all were delicious. The food came fast and hot. Each of our entrees were excellent as well as dessert. We sat and chatted for a while, never feeling rushed or that we were lingering too long. Overall this is a great restaurant and I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for What we WantedTJattorneyVIPDined on 10/17/2014We were looking for a convenient, last minute plan for a family dinner, and found just what we wanted here. Great burgers, excellent service, no wait. Completely changed since the days when Rockwell's was there - much more open and accommodating. Prices were fair and everything was good.Special Features:
- Always goodmfgilhooleyDined on 9/7/2014We've been coming to The Tap House for a number of years, and find it consistently above-average satisfying. The ambiance and food are always a delight, but the thing I am most impressed at is the consistent level of warm, attentive service. You always feel welcome, and a priority.Special Features:
- Local favoriteCeeKayNYVIPDined on 8/20/2014Always a good meal. Beer, wine and cocktail list is very nice.Special Features:
- Local spotnylove4travelDined on 8/14/2014Nice local place for a decent meal. Good burgers and fries. Fish and chips, fish had little flavor, I would skip it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location! Location!DennyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Excellent restaurant, but why do they seat people so near the bar when there is a lovely dining room just beyond it and a beautiful space upstairs? We ended up changing our table, and the staff was very nice about it, but we could have been seated in the dining room rather than in the bar area from the start. Definitely ask for a table in the back room or upstairs if you go!Special Features:
- The following 335 reviews are from the The Tap House reviews archive.
- Awful foodcarmb6VIPDined on 7/26/2014The waiter didn't get anything that I order correct. I ordered crab cakes & he brought me something else. I ordered a medium steak & the steak was well down. I asked the bartender for a apple martini & she asked if I knew how to make it. This restaurant is way over priced for bad food & bad service!!!
- ExcellentSKaufDined on 7/23/2014Always a great experience at the Tap House. The management does an outstanding job.Special Features:
- Family DinnerMumByThreeDined on 7/11/2014Consistently good food and a great bar. I had chicken Milanese which was delicious as was the tuna tartar and flatbread that the table shared. Two others had the meatloaf which I would pass on, too dried out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant!indianprncss102Dined on 6/15/2014I have been coming to this restaurant for years and I am never disappointed! The staff is very friendly and very attentive to your every need! I will be coming back over and over again! Thanks again for everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a neighborhood findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014I took my husband and mother in law who lives near there for Father's Day Brunch. Food, service and ambiance was perfect.Special Features:
- A Real FindRoisinDined on 6/7/2014The pretzels! Oh, the pretzels! And the filet mignon was crusted just rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunchlac59Dined on 6/1/2014I took my father and sons here for lunch on the Sunday afternoon. Got the perfect table. The service was attentive. And my father couldn't stop raving about his hamburger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/25/2014The food, service and style are well done as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & AmbienceMattVIPDined on 5/17/2014We love Tap House. It's cozy, warm and inviting, with great food and excellent service. Phil's our usual waiter and he's terrific. Go...you'll enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceLuv2reviewVIPDined on 5/17/2014This is our go-to place near home. The food is always great and the atmosphere relaxing. The menu is a nice combination of comfort food and gourmet dishes. They do a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A warm friendly placeBrucksVIPDined on 5/17/2014We always enjoy the food. They have everything form burgers to amazing specials. The roast chicken is the best I have ever had. The brussel srpout appetizer is amazing. The pretzel appetizer is a "must". The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The service is great.Special Features:
- Good for casual diningjdgnycDined on 5/11/2014Food quality and quantity was good, but menu very limited. Good for extremely casual dining.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Meet UpOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Turned out to be a lovely lunch. The staff was extremely accommodating since we wished to sit outside (had our dog in the car!). They were understanding when one of our party ran very late and the restaurant was packed. To boot the food was wonderful. I expected pub food but was pleasantly surprised at the quality. We are hard to please foodies and this was very nice. Try it!!! Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Tuckahoe GemTwigsVIPDined on 5/11/2014Great little place nestled in Tuckahoe - food and service very good. Bar looks great - we were there for brunch, but would expect bar scene to be interesting in the evening -great selection/atmosphere.Special Features:
- Another great experienceSKaufDined on 5/8/2014I always have a wonderful time at the Tap House, and this time was no exception. Outstanding food, service, and ambience.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedAnnaDined on 5/4/2014Despite having a reservation we were seated on a deserted second floor which was hot and obnoxiously noisy from the volume flowing upward from the first floor. Pleasing pub like decor on the first floor but tired and old on the second. Had to climb voluminous set of stairs which was not disclosed while making the reservation. Despite a seemingly large menu selection online, the limited options when we arrived were disappointing. Food was okay but the poor server was forced to repeatedly climb up and down the staircase for food and drink. We won't be back.
- Great food, friendly service.RoubiDined on 4/26/2014I really enjoyed the spinach salad to start, which was really lovely and fresh tasting. Also, the fish and chips were crispy, not greasy. Overall, everyone liked their food. The service was fast and friendly. I didn't really like the carpet on the upstairs dining room. It gives the room the feel of a generic hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceanMariDined on 4/25/2014Tao House was recommended and it did not disappoint. We had a great evening and will return.Special Features:
- Very Creative ChefVeryCreativeChefDined on 4/11/2014This is my ATF local restaurant I look forward to the Daily Specials every week. There are always some very creative items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific FindMattVIPDined on 3/29/2014We love this place...great food, wonderful ambience (fireplace, cozy, etc.) good wait staff, the whole package. But don't go...we don't want to have to wait for a table when we go every weekend!Special Features:
- Better than expectedAwesomeEsqDined on 3/21/2014Food was much better than I anticipated. Service was attentive, without being overbearing.
- Good food and good beer selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014The food was very good, sliders were excellent, nachos were great. Chicken pot pie was good. Beer selection was good but the prices of the beers were too high. The place seems like a great place for excellent pub fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every part of the dining experienceEatenwellDined on 3/7/2014Every part of the dining experience was overall well done. Service, food,very good, I do not remember any words from our group that there was something they didn't like. No complaints at all.Special Features:
- Good bar food, many beer choicesbookwomanVIPDined on 3/7/2014Not a good choice for fine dining, totally unsuited for an intimate conversation. They do well at what they're good at and don't pretend otherwise.
- Mom's 98thNicknameVIPDined on 2/28/2014A small circle of friends & I took mom here to celebrate her 98th birthday. We also had a big celebration here for mom's 95th. Once again we had a wonderful time. The staff remembered us & we were cared for very well. Food was tasty & atmosphere ( seated in front of a lovely fireplace ) was perfect. All had a great time, including mom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Tap House--great seafood!fronaDined on 2/20/2014This was my first meal at The Tap House, but it won't be my last. My scallops with potato puree, green beans, and gravy were delicious. My mother tried the salmon, and she loved it. The food was beautifully presented, and the service was excellent. This is a great place to have lunch.Special Features:
- This was a recommendationYummyDined on 2/14/2014This was a recommendation from a co-worker and it was such a great place to eat. The food was delicious, the drink selection was excellent. Overall I would totally come back and recommend it to someone else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Warm welcomeBrucksVIPDined on 2/8/2014Mr. O'Brien 's warm welcome is just the opening. Amazing food, wonderful wait staff ! Thoroughly enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/7/2014started off w/waiter not recognizing a beer from their own list -handed it to me to choose -picked up from there - wings: great appetizer +generous portion perfectly done- shoestring fries w/fish &chips didn't seem right - meatloaf good w/great mashed. A concern with establishments like this is they've lost sense of their price point . This is not where I want to order a $30 swordfish or $34 filet - both probably very good . I do give them points, however, for their $12 bar burger inc fries .High noise level - they need some strategically placed sound deadeners- perhaps in the coffered ceiling. Nice friendly vibe and definitely recommend it but stick with the wings and burgers if you want to get out of there without your wallet groaning.Special Features:
- Very good food. Unpretentious.LisaDined on 2/7/2014Tap House is a great Westchester restaurant for an any-night meal with extra-yummy food. Every dish I've had is very well executed. Sometimes restaurants try too hard to pull off fancy dishes they can't. Tap House never does that - they succeed when they take a plate up a notch. The service is friendly, welcoming and prompt. The decor in the bar area is pub chic, a little dowdier in the upstairs room but perfectly pleasant.Special Features:
- First TimeDavidEVIPDined on 2/7/2014This was our first time at the Tap House. We were greeted at the door with a warm welcome, and promptly seated at a quiet table in the upstairs dinng room. The waiter assigned to us was friendly, had a good sense of humor and was very knowledgeable about the menu items and specials.The food was delicious, meticulously prepared and presented. My wife had Sword Fish and I had Marinated Skirt Steak, both prepared just the way we like. For desert we had the homemade ice cream sandwich, which was two homemade chocolate chunk cookies with vanilla ice cream in the middle. I highly recommend this desert. The entire dining experience was a delight, we will definitely be back and highly recommend this restaurant to anyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, as usual.1234Dined on 2/6/2014Food was great, as usual. The hostess asked if we wanted to be in the back room near the fireplace, nice touch on a cold night. Service was spot on! great timing, no interruptions. Our server was very knowledgeable about food & drink. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tap House is Tops!JimmyMacVIPDined on 2/1/2014Always a good time in this prized Tuckahoe restaurantSpecial Features: