The Tantalus Restaurant
317 NW Gilman Blvd
Issaquah, WA 98027Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
The Tantalus Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tantalusrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4253916090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
A word from The Tantalus Restaurant
The Greek cuisine has been profoundly influenced by more than 3,000 years of history. Food, traditions and lifestyles of modern Greece are inexorably tied to early Greece as reflected in the people’s diet and outlook on life. Tantalus is a Greek Restaurant with a exceptional menu, friendly service and relax ambiance. Come and enjoy specialties as Lamb or Chicken Souvlaki, Gyros, Mousaka, Dolmades, Spanakopeta, Sea food and Vegetarian dishes. We hope your experience at Tantalus Restaurant will be enjoyable. It is our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Tantalus Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (2)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Delightfultablefor3Dined on 9/4/2014A small, hidden treasure. Very quiet with soft theme (Greek) music in the background, fantastic and personalized service, good food and a surprisingly large selection of dining options. We took my mother here for her 89th birthday and she loved it. For quite some time we were the only ones there (5:00 p.m. on Thursday) which resulted in us being pampered. None of us are really Greek food enthusiasts but we wanted to try something different. We just may have been converted! This place just fits into the Gillman Village motif and the prices were very reasonable and not jacked up like some restaurants in the village. A very nice find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek FoodNansulitaVIPDined on 6/29/2014My husband, a Greek foodie, approved of the food - a real feat since he's really picky about Greek cuisine! The egg lemon soup passed inspection!Kudos to Tantalus! Enjoyed our meal, the service and the atmosphere thoroughly!Special Features:
- The following 9 reviews are from the The Tantalus Restaurant reviews archive.
- Warm mediterranean hospitalityAlwayshungryVIPDined on 4/26/2014The food was very good and our server knowledgeable and extremely friendly. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Loved ItMyReviewVIPDined on 4/13/2014Authentic Greek food with a truly unique attention to service! Marking it as a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and really good foodSteakluvrDined on 4/13/2014We always enjoy this restaurant. The food was great as usual. The service was outstanding and the server went out of his way to make meals work for my daughters. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek food! Their pitaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/13/2014Great Greek food! Their pita bread is so good, the souvlaki and gyros are excellent. The lamb, pasta, and deserts is really, really tasty. Service is warm and very welcoming . . . We love this place!!!Special Features:
- Always very goodpat1Dined on 2/8/2014This is my favorite Greek restaurant conveniently located in GIlman Village. We've eaten here several times over the years and it's always been very good. I really enjoy the combo plates as they serve a variety of greek specialties on one plate..& that way I don't have to choose just one! (My favorite is the Tantalus plate. You get roast leg of lamb, 2 dolmades, spanakopeta, served w/ potatoes & vegetables for $18.) Entrees come with choice of 2 soups or for an upgrade you can get a choice of 4 salad. Reasonably priced for the quantity and quality of what you get. Bring a jacket in winter as it can get cold if you're seated close to the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceLuigiDiMauiDined on 11/1/2013We were well received. The menú has variety, with good options for kids. We order a Mussaka and Faki for us, and a kind of chicken brochette for our 6y-old daughter, what she liked. We rated the Mussaka 8 of 10, and the Faki 9 of 10. Prices are moderate, and the waiter was always taking care of us with a very kind attitude. The atmosphere is relaxed and the place has that subtle smell of old good restaurants -just a Family-site one, not a smell that would stick to your clothes. In general, a very good experience. I would only object that they only offered 2 desserts -we order the Baclava which was a very good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great attitude and good foodJoseMaDined on 7/18/2013We sat on the patio and enjoy the fresh air. Everybody else was sitting inside, where they had the air conditioning running. We tried the Greek salad and the lamb kebab. Food was fresh and tasty, and they serve good portion sizes. Will be coming back.Special Features:
- Basically chose to eat hereRogerDined on 7/19/2012Basically chose to eat here based on it being one of the few restaurants in Issaquah on Open Table. The service was great, very friendly and timely. All the food we had was good, and cooked correctly, seasoned well. All in all a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- good dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Great lamb. Crear wines. Very courteous service. A bit slow, though.Special Features: