The Table Restaurant at the H Hotel
111 W Main Street
Midland, MI 48640Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Table Restaurant at the H Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thetable.com/index.php
- Phone: 9896336099
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday 5:30 to 9:00 PM Friday and Saturday 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Executive Chef: Peter Maiers
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private dining room available accomidating up to 12.
- Special Events: Monthly wine and spirits tastings.
A word from The Table Restaurant at the H Hotel
Upscale American classics with added flavors from around the world combined with gracious, informed and inviting service. This bright, elegant and comfortably appointed dining room is excellent for entertaining business clients, a special evening out or just a sumptuous meal. All complemented by an extensive domestic and international wine list and hand crafted beers handpicked from Michigan’s best breweriesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Table Restaurant at the H Hotel - Best Restaurants in Midland ›
The Table Restaurant at the H Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (27)romantic (23)notable wine list (16)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Wonderful Experience!clarkDined on 9/20/2014From the moment we walked through the doors we felt welcomed! The wait staff were responsive and treated us as special guests when we mentioned there was an anniversary among us. Overall, food, ambiance , and service were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LornaLornaGlennDined on 9/19/2014I love the Table for special occasions. Great service, food and love the decor.Special Features:
- Absolutely beautiful!tiffanyn17Dined on 9/12/2014Romantic setting with great food and service. I will recommend the Table for anyone looking to fine dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go in MidlandMlmitchDined on 9/12/2014Table is a great experience from the service, Tomas is amazing, to the food. This place just keeps getting better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant ExperienceCarefreeConnoisseurDined on 9/12/2014The food, decor, attention, and ambience, were delightful. Absolutely no rush, Table provides a comfortable atmosphere for enjoying family and friends over a delicious and well-attended dining experience. A real treat along life's journey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDennyDined on 9/10/2014It was our 38th wedding anniversary, and our experience was outstanding. Our waiter Tom is one in a million. It could not have been more perfect from the moment we stepped into the resturant till we left two hours later . We were treated like a king and queen. The complementary champaign to the fabulous desert were the bookends to a marvelous meal and probably the best dining experience in my 69 years of life. Thank you for your generosity, kindness and our fabulous meal. We will be back... Denny and Dar ManuelSpecial Features:
- ExcellentGreat2014Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent restaurant with great food and staff. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I recently celebrated my parent's 50th Anniversary at the Table restaurant and it was a wonderful experience! They were extremely accommodating as we had 4 kids in our party. We were able to use the private dining room which made it more intimate and extra special. The food was amazing and the staff was very knowledgeable and helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!FoodSnobDined on 8/9/2014We moved to the area from Metro Detroit about 3 years ago and did not think there were any "High End" type restaurants in the Tri Cities. The Table has the melt in your mouth, gourmet tastes comparable to most 5 Star spots in Metro Detroit. It was exactly what we were looking for in a special occasion restaurant. Excellent food, Awesome decor and great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing MealLVHMDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I were visiting from out of town and were in search of a restaurant for our anniversary dinner. Table was the perfect place. Our waiter, Tom, was helpful and attentive without being intrusive. He made knowledgeable suggestions and made sure we were happy with our selections. The food and drinks were fantastic and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a special evening out in Midland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014It was a excellent evening with a great atmosphere and service! I don't know if there is a better way to make The Table more known, My Aunt has stayed at the H on several occasions and had no idea you had a fine dining restaurant. We all enjoy the Zinc, but The Table is great for special occasions, special guests in town and a nice meal in a beautiful atmosphere. We would definitely recommend The Table! Thank you to our waiter for terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best everlikefoodDined on 8/1/2014This meal was one of the best dining experiences we have ever had. The food was stupendous, service excellent, comfortable seating, intimate. Even getting individual glasses of wine, our server gave us a chance to taste them. I even changed my mind on the wine because of that. We had a quiet conversation over fantastic food, looking out the window at an inner garden of the building. Lovely.Special Features:
- ExcellentfoodforthotDined on 7/26/2014Pacing, food, and staff were second to none. Extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I have visited the Table a few times in the past and have always been pleased. This last evening that we went for dinner I fully enjoyed the Amarone wine that we ordered and the overall experience was pleasant but the meal itself was average. I ordered the Sea Bass with tomatoes and avocado and the presentation was just so so adn the fish was very oily. I also tried the chocolate dessert and I have to say I much prefer the desserts at the Cafe Zinc compared to what I was served at The Table. We wanted to stay later and talk with our dinner guests but we felt a little rushed as the staff was waiting around the door like they wanted us to leave.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceNotQuiteNewlywedsDined on 7/10/2014My wife and I went to The Table for our 4th anniversary and it was a fantastic experience. The waiter was knowledgeable about the menu and had excellent recommendations for all courses of the meal. The food was the best I have had in a long time and comparable to similarly priced restaurants in major cities. We will definitely go back, but only for special occasions due to the price.Special Features:
- Elagant DiningTheDancingbearDined on 6/25/2014We had a fabulous dinner and overall experience at the Table. The food was outstanding as was the service. Our waiter Dale was very knowledgeable about the dishes and the wine list. If offered, get the Pain Perdu! One of the best desserts I ever had.Special Features:
- The following 193 reviews are from the The Table Restaurant at the H Hotel reviews archive.
- High Quality, Excellent Service4HonestusVIPDined on 4/23/2014I have yet to have a bad meal here... and just as important, the service has been phenomenal! When the kitchen cooks to perfection and the front of house delivers excellent service, it's hard not to be impressed! My hat is off to Dale who really made the evening an event for us! Absolutely excellent in every way. Thank you to the staff and chefs in the kitchen!Special Features:
- Outstnding Dining ExperienceFoodGuruDined on 4/8/2014I've dined at The Table about 7 to 8 times since it opened and my experience has generally been positive. My most recent experience was the best yet and one of my finest dining experiences ever! My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and The Table provided an absolutely wonderful evening. I had a dellicious salad and top notch filet mignon and my wife had duck which she thoroughly enjoyed. The new menu is simple and appealing unlike some recent menus which were too experimental in my opinion. Ambiance was still outstanding and our waiter had a perfect level of attentiveness and professionalism. The Table is truly a gem! Midland and the Great Lakes Bay Region should be proud to have such a fine restaurant..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014The food was of high quality and beautifully displayed. The staff was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World-class dining experienceKiKiDined on 4/3/2014The Table is a sure bet for a memorable evening. The staff provide attentive service and the menu has a range of classic dishes with a creative twist. Everything was perfectly prepared and the salad special was an unforgettable potato galette with a refreshing arugula salad and caramelized shallots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet delightKiKiDined on 3/26/2014The Table never fails to please and is an excellent choice when entertaining VIPs. The service is professional and attentive. The food is stellar. Each course was better than the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar cellarKiKiDined on 3/25/2014The food and service are great. Make certain to check out the wine list. The wine experts on staff are certain to provide recommendations for interesting wines and any price point. They provide excellent options for pairing the wines with the exquisite food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014My husband and I ate at the Table for our anniversary. I had an idea of what I wanted to eat prior to eating at the restaurant, however, our waiter Dale described the menu in a way that changed the look of the menu; made my choice harder because everything sounded fabulous. From the food to the service, excellent; made my anniversary a memorable one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unbelievablebarbDined on 3/18/2014The food is consistently fabulous. The service perfect. The wine list and knowledge related to wine list, very good. When we want to take our time to enjoy our food and each other, we will always head to the Table. We almost without exception order the filet mignon. I have had LOTS of this cut of meat in my life but have never had it consistently taste this unbelievably good. The table prices are on the high side of dining but worth every penny. I can't believe how blessed we are to have a restaurant of this caliber is a city smaller than the likes of Chicago, or perhaps Grand Rapids.Special Features:
- Brilliant!KiKiDined on 3/13/2014Everything was exceptional. The menu features seasonal ingredients and many dishes are classics with a modern flair. The chef worked with Jean-Georges Vongerichten and his creativity and the menu reflect a similar sensibility. Food and execution are world class. Service is welcoming and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well trained wait staff, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Well trained wait staff, very attentive to details and proper service. Excellent food, wonderful presentation, superbly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OccasionallyoccasionallyDined on 2/15/2014The food was excellent but not quite enough for a guy like me. The service was amazing. The seating was very close together. I sometimes felt like I was dining with strangers. The cost was expensive, and that is why I would only go occasionally. It is a great spot for those special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom TerifficValentinersDined on 2/14/2014Server Thomas was great, outstanding wine and menu knowledge, and very pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Restaurant!HungryHippoDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant was very beautiful and very romantic. It was nice and quiet and the food was AMAZING! Very different menu selections than I would normally find and a one of a kind place in Midland! We were very happy with all the food we chose and the taste was great and definitely something i couldn't find at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great evening at the TableSiliconroxDined on 2/14/2014We had an outstanding Valentine dinner at the Table. The service was impeccable, friendly and warm. Staff seemed so pleased to see us. The menu was interesting and varied. Fortunately most folks dining that night dressed for the experience---not stuffy or formal, but casual with a zip. A few neck ties were seen and appreciated. The few in jeans and flannel missed the mark. The interior glowed with tasteful lighting and had a gentle buzz of people enjoying life and a fine meal. The chef did a masterful job with our meals--scallops and duck breast. The starter, wagu beef carpaccio, was amazing. Finished with a chocolate mango dessert and a single malt scotch. A delight all around. Midland is lucky to have the Table.Special Features:
- Valentines dinnerNorbDined on 2/14/2014I thought the service was outstanding. The food was very good. It was a nice to place to go for a special occasion, but not sure if I would spend the money again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining for the Midland AreaflipkalDined on 2/13/2014Menu had a limited, but good selection. Service was casual, friendly, and attentive. Food was excellent, although I felt some entrees were pricey. My Chilean sea bass was excellent. Everything is a la carte and the bill adds up quickly. Wine selection is very good, but be prepared to pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DiningBeeniceDined on 2/12/2014This is a restaurant for those who want to dine while lingering over drinks, wine and food. The service was excellent. It's a great place for a romantic dinner or special occasion. Music plays softly in the background and tables are far enough apart to ensure private conversation. The food was divine and the presentation was outstanding. The wine list was extensive. Our entire experience was far above what we anticipated. The restrooms were so clean and sparkling that my partner even remarked on them. If you are out for a quick meal and as much as you can eat for as little as you can pay, this restaurant is not for you.Special Features:
- Wonderful personal servicethomps97VIPDined on 2/8/2014As always, the creative menu with original side dishes is something to look forward to. The service staff works hard to offer wine suggestions that match with the menu selections. Staff is very receptive to mixing and matching with the vegetable/side dishes and the main entrees. Wonderful, fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinnerwinegirlDined on 2/7/2014Food was great & presentation magnificent. Service excellent but there weren't too many others there so we might have had extra attention. Delicious bread to start, appetizers were excellent and so was entrée. Have a drink in front of the fireplace in the other room before or after your dinner. A good place to have a quiet dinner where you can take your time and feel special.Special Features:
- Great new menuKiKiDined on 2/5/2014The new menu is truly inspired. The veal chop Florentine was extraordinary. The egg drop soup had amazing depth of flavor. It didn't jump out at me as I looked over the menu but our server highly recommended it and it certainly was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in a mid-MichiganOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2014Excellent and creative food by chef Peter Meier. He also makes his own bread! I enjoy having a drink in the very elegant Broken Hill Lounge before dinner. It has a beautiful fireplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LacklusterFionnafoodieDined on 1/8/2014Lovely decor & lighting. Food was good - we had a party of 9 - 1/2 had seafood & 1/2 had steaks - both were good & the presentation was good as well. But nothing was stellar. The serving staff seemed disinterested in everything - the menu, the occasion, & us so the timing was always off. They were nice & attended to whatever was asked if them but they seemed very uninterested - lackluster.Special Features:
- The Table at The "H"MonMarkDined on 1/2/2014This is the greatest find in an area with limited choices...Midland, Michigan. The food, ambiance and service are among the finest you would find in the best metropolitan areas, such as Houston...(known for great restaurants). They offer an exceptional menu, or if there is something they can make that is special for your tastes, they will do what they can. If you are ever in the area, make a reservation. If you want to really impress someone, bring them here. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy New year's eve!!barbDined on 12/31/2013Once again, occasion was beyond expectation. I usually get the filet because it is the best I have ever tasted. This time, I changed it to sea Bass - unbelievably good. compliments to the chef!! Very busy - new years eve, after all. If you have not been, you must try. Expensive, but worth it...Special Features: