The Swedish Crown Restaurant
121 N. Main St.
Lindsborg, KS 67456Neighborhood:
SwedishPrice: $30 and under
The Swedish Crown Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theswedishcrown.com/
- Phone: (785) 227-8422
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Tuesday- Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
BRUNCH: Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm;
DINNER: Tuesday - Saturday 5:00pm -9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Swedish, Scandinavian
- Executive Chef: Shana Everhart
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Let The Swedish Crown Restaurant cater your next event. We offer full service catering for groups of all sizes, and can come to your location or host you and your guests in The Swedish Crown event space.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining and event space can accommodate up to 70 guests and the room includes a small stage for presentations or entertainment. Groups will work directly with our Chef to determine the perfect food options to meet the occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Lundstrom 7852278428x
- Entertainment: Come and experience great entertainment on Thursday and Friday evenings. Entertainment will be provided by the vast amount of local talent within the community of Lindsborg and Bethany College.
A word from The Swedish Crown Restaurant
The Swedish Crown Restaurant is a mid-scale dining restaurant which focuses on bringing a “taste of Sweden” to Lindsborg KS where residents and visitors can come and enjoy quality food in a unique atmosphere. The menu focuses on a balance of Swedish flavor with American classics that everyone enjoys.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Swedish Crown Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Lindsborg ›
The Swedish Crown Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice surpriseBgcpaDined on 9/6/2014We had not been there before even though we live close. Food was great and very reasonable. Piano was playing to create a very nice atmosphere and service was very good. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful fooddjs2005Dined on 8/23/2014When you dine at the Swedish Crown, you know the food is going to be wonderful. We always enjoy going there!Special Features:
- reservations issueTaffyDined on 8/23/2014I made my reservations online and received a confirmation number and even a reminder the day of my reservation, but when we arrived, there was no reservation made in my name. Since there was a reunion going on that evening, I'm just thankful that we could get a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Swedish as you can take.MEATBALLSDined on 8/7/2014We ordered the Swedish dinner with meat balls, dill potato and potato sausage, with lingonberries. Rather different, pretty tasty. Dinner ran from $10 - $20 for most entrees and they had a reasonable selection of American food as well. We happened to show up on their Ladies Night Out evening so the cackle level from the bar was a bit high...but service was great and food delivered fast to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary outingjusteatinoutDined on 8/2/2014This visit was not up to previous experiences. Waitress failed to offer coffee refill (asked her for a fresh cup after realizing the first cup was stale, that took awhile); did not offer a takeout box until late in visit, even after bringing check; seemed preoccupied. The chicken fried steak portions much smaller than previous visits and gravy almost non-existent. The pasta dish very bland. We were disappointed, as the Vasa Club has been a favorite in the past.Special Features:
- Lunch--YES! Dinner--Um Not so Much!EatoutOftenDined on 7/2/2014Having had an amazing! lunch last late spring when we visited Bethany we were VERY disappointed in Dinner. We were pointed to the back room by a couple other customers out front and we would have WAY rather sat in empty front rather than that back ordinary room over filled with people We had a reservation that noone could find so we were placed at a smaller table with our backs to a side entry way for the servers. Just don't get the fish and chips for dinner..get them for lunch..more accurately priced then and these were an odd shaped cut almost like scallops or shrimp at dinner and way too small to be batter fried type. A Pasta special wasn't special either. Kid Burgers are excellent though-we all should have gotten the burgers I guess?Special Features:
- lunch menu8atcrownDined on 5/3/2014I ate lunch there and thought the food was very good, and plentiful. I just wish your lunch menu had more Swedish dishes, like herrings, Swedish potato sausage, and such. I thought the food was very fresh, quality was excellent. Service was great. thank you!Special Features:
- Mother's Day outingmomoutingDined on 5/3/2014It made our day with our moms special and fun--Lindsborg is just such a cool community!Special Features:
- City dinning in small town.MaggieDined on 12/31/2013The Swedish Crown is truly a jewel small town central Kansas. It is always a flavor adventure of incredible foods. Worth a drive to experience. I can't make it through the entire menu because of the fantastic specials they keep offering. And their special 4 course meals like New Year's eve are totally outstanding and worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family LunchapintoDined on 11/26/2013Our family of 9 had a wonderful lunch together with good food. The service was excellent and they were very understanding as we stayed 3 hours talking.Special Features:
- great addition to LindsborgunswedeDined on 9/22/2013great addition to Lindsborg - both needed and appreciated by many of us locals. Food is always fresh and well-prepared. Good menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Dining in Central Kansasmlkp30Dined on 9/21/2013The revamped Swedish Crown Restaurant in Lindsborg offers something out of the ordinary for diners. Chef Shana 's specials are always delicious and attractively presented. On our most recent visit, the evening special was prosciuto-wrapped salmon served over a warm spinach salad - a yummy and unique blend of flavors and textures. Dinners are also accompanied by a basket of Swedish rye and poppyseed bread. We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Special placedjs2005Dined on 8/24/2013We always enjoy this wonderful restaurant. They have many outstanding dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give it a try...new restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2013The newly re-opened Swedish Crown Restaurant in Lindsborg, KS is very much worth your dining option. Food was great, service excellent and quiet enough to enjoy conversation easily heard around the table. Great addition to the community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningcuisineloverDined on 7/19/2013Ambience, service, food, and personal attention were outstanding. Jeremy, the waiter, was welcoming, helpful, patient, and very good. He paid attention to our needs and was very professional. The food was delicious and presentation was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and greatdinner4fourDined on 6/22/2013Great atmosphere and great food. We enjoyed our experience immensley. Would reccommend to friends. Nice to dine in a restaurant where one could carry on a conversation. Thanks for the great service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening Out....booksnstuffDined on 6/6/2013We enjoyed the food and live music for a wonderful evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culture at its finestTaffyDined on 5/18/2013I took my mother to the Swedish Crown for a delayed Mother's Day lunch. Being of Swedish heritage, we enjoyed the lingonberry margarita, the Swedish meatballs, and the Ost Kaka. Seated in the "window" area of the north room, we were able to visit and stay as long as we wanted. The sparkling dinning room, the wonderful artwork throughout the building, the special attention from the waitstaff made our lunch a memorable one. We WILL be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Sunday evening buffet.YesitsmeannaVIPDined on 3/31/2013Easter Sunday evening buffet. Lettuce on salad bar looked like it had been sitting there for some time, looked like old bagged lettuce. Dressing was good. Bread dry, no taste. Entrees were fine. Dessert was ok. Good service, dining room clean.Special Features:
- We had a very enjoyable timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013We had a very enjoyable time at the Crown's Easter brunch. Many foods for anyones taste.Special Features:
- we enjoyed our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013we enjoyed our first visit to the Crown. We were the last guests seated because of our reservation time (we drove to Lindsborg after getting off work), so some of the items on the buffet were limited in quantity or there was none at all. That being said, we understood, and there were plenty of other items on the buffet. We really enjoyed the entertainment in the Vasa. We look forward to returning soon to order from the menu or one of the evening specials. Great wine list...we really enjoyed the Reisling.
- Ate here with a large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2013Ate here with a large group (all visiting from out of town) during a holiday when only the breakfast/lunch buffet was being served. Great selections and great choices - all fresh....the food was beyond typical buffet choices. Since this was our first visit, and after seeing all the great postings on Facebook, I was looking forward to ordering from the menu - but, again, the buffet was great. This is definitely a place to which to return on our next visit to Lindsborg. So glad they are now a part of the Lindsborg mix of restaurants and experiences in town.Special Features:
- I loved the cozy and quietOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013I loved the cozy and quiet ambiance of the Vasa Club dining room. The menu had a variety of entrees and then a bonus of "the special for the day". The addition of a Swedish dinner added to the heritage of Lindsborg, KS. The atmosphere was very relaxing and the service was well-timed. The waiters were very friendly and were knowledgeable with questions asked regarding items on menu. The plates were garnished very nicely and the portions were of proper size. It is nice to see a small place with a BIG style. I would highly recommend The Swedish Crown to anyone.Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at the Swedish Crown. The food was absolutely fabulous. My husband had the prime rib and I had the sea bass. Both were prepared perfectly and served attractively. The side dishes were wonderful. We are so excited to have this excellent restaurant in our community. We recommend it highly!!Special Features:
- We booked reservations forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We booked reservations for Valentines Day and ended up being seated by a large, very talkative group, which kind of ruined the romantic ambience. Other than that the food was excellent.Special Features:
- A Valentine DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We picked this restaurant because of their special Valentine menu. Every course was perfect! I call it "lick the plate good". It was a wonderful dining experience and we will be going back often.Special Features:
- I have enjoyed dining at TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I have enjoyed dining at The Crown from the first day it opened! The manager reminds me of a butler when he glides around the dining room taking care of every issue. I usually feel as if I am at a 5 star. They have captured a simple elegance in their decor, which reminds me of my experience with the Swedish lifestyle. I have never eaten a thing I did not like and they are very flexible to my requests. A favorite server is Jeremy and he gets everything spot on. (He wasn't working on our Valentine's lunch so we had another server. New, sweet and still learning.) The chef clearly is creative and highly trained. If money were endless I would eat every meal with them!Special Features:
- Very limited menu. I was dissapointOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Very limited menu. I was dissapointed that healthier choices weren't available.
- We had a great time. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/26/2013We had a great time. Food very tasty and the service was great. All 5 people in my group tried different items and each liked what they ordered. We'll eat there again.Special Features:
- So-so.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2013We don't usually go to a new place until its been open for at least a month - too many kinks to get worked out! But we ended up at the Crown... I felt like the place was having an identity crisis. It wants to be a hip place to eat, yet is stuck trying to be Swedish for the love of a town desperately clinging to its history. It was awkward, not cozy, not hip nor inviting as a whole. The food however was pretty darn good. I had the salmon app & fries, husband had the ribeye. We ordered the potato sausage mushrooms for all, delish as well. The service was, eh, ok. But it's new & the staff appeared tired after a busy couple of weeks. She was pleasant, a bit slow on drinks, etc but did a decent job. We live here, we'll be back.Special Features:
- We had a very enjoyable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2013We had a very enjoyable dining experience at The Swedish Crown. The service was very prompt and the wait staff was friendly and attentive. The ambience was low-key and quiet enough to have a nice conversation without raising our voices. The homemade breads and desserts were excellent.
- Great tasting food at a gooddjs2005Dined on 1/20/2013Great tasting food at a good price. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Don't miss the Swedish Crown!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013Lovely Swedish cuisine in a small Swedish-American town has a welcoming dining room and a separate bar. We'll return often!Special Features:
- Bright, clean, friendly asKSUcatDined on 1/10/2013Bright, clean, friendly as you would expect from a midwest town. Food carefully prepared.Special Features:
- The Crown us in start-up soOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2013The Crown us in start-up so I guess we couldn't expect it to be too efficient yet. The wait for our food was longer than we are accustomed to, but it was well prepared.Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/8/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at the Swedish Crown Restaurant. We were there on opening night and all seemed to be running smoothly! We received our food quickly and it looked and tasted excellent! Will definitely be returning and will recommend to all!Special Features: