The Summit Steakhouse
2700 South Havana
Aurora, CO 80014Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Summit Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aurorasummit.com/
- Phone: 3037512112
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11am-3pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5pm-10pm, Friday - Saturday: 5pm-11pm
NEW Sunday Brunch: Sunday from 10am-2:30pm
Cabin Bar is Open 7 days a week all day! www.cabinbar.com
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 3 Different rooms to choose from and we can accommodate up to 90 in our large room. Screens and Plasma TV with PC hook up available. Ideal for Powerpoint presentations and business meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Kim Dammer 3037512112
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment on the weekends. Check www.cabinbar.com for more details.
- Special Events: Check website for upcoming Wine, Scotch, Beer Dinners or other special events at www.aurorasummit.com
A word from The Summit Steakhouse
Summit Steakhouse serves American cuisine specializing in steak and seafood. Enjoy a table or booth in the candle lit ambiance of the Summit main room and have one of our famous and award winning steak dinners. Enjoy our great lunch menu with items starting at $7. Dinner entrees start at $16. If you are looking for entertainment, The Summit has live Bands on Friday & Saturday nights. Many of Denver's hottest bands perform at The Summit Regularly. French doors can be opened to the attached bar & fire place. Come join us for our great happy hour (featuring drink specials & half off appetizers) to relax after those tough days at the office. On those beautiful days enjoy our large patio, a great place to meet up with friends. The Summit room can comfortably seat 80 people with an option to divide the room into two separate rooms, seating 40 in Summit One and 20 in Summit Two. Both the Aspen & Apex rooms can accommodate up to 50 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Summit Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Aurora ›
The Summit Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)neighborhood gem (32)romantic (26)notable wine list (21)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (17)great for brunch (13)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (8)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Older but Still a nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014Our food was great, and our server was attentive. This is an older restaurant, but has a nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 70 th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/24/2014We can always count on the Summit to be consistent. Our honored guests received extra attention and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Waiter in your faceTovmeodVIPDined on 8/23/2014Everything was good, except for an annoying waiter, who was intrusive and in our faces throughout the meal. Attentive is a good thing, but intrusive is not. He kept asking us how our food was. When we answered, he kept telling us that he would inform the chef. The meal was great and the Restaurant Week dining experience was great. The salmon was perfectly prepared and the New York strip was tender and cooked medium as ordered. I can highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Summit SteakhouseReggieDined on 8/23/2014It was couples night and a few of us got together to enjoy one anothers company and to dine on hood food. I ordered the filet mignon and it was one of the best steaks I had. The steak was tender and juicy. Everyone in the group loved their steaks also. We agreed we will be back real soon to try your other dishes. Great location and your wait staff and our server gave us superb attention. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceCherriiibaDined on 8/23/2014Our waiter forgot to ask how we would like our steaks cooked. (strange for a steakhouse) The peach cobbler was not that great. But otherwise everything was delicious and the dinning experience was pleasant. Like the 50% off all wine for restaurant week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine EventSharonDined on 8/21/2014If you get the chance to go to The Summit for a wine dinner, you should take it. I have been to only two. Both have featured excellent food. I am not a wine connoiseur, but I love good food. The chef does an excellent job at pairing the food and wine. This last dinner showcasing Chateau Ste Michelle wine included arugula salad with smoked duck, mini beef wellingtons, lamb shank, and a fruit and whipped cream parfait dessert. These non-menu items with the wine pairings make the wine dinners well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable AnniversarystkluvrDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I selected The Summit Steakhouse as the place to celebrate our fifty-second wedding anniversary. It was a great choice. Our waitress was attentive and friendly. The food was wonderful, delivered in a timely manner, very tasty and satisfying in every aspect. Our waitress was very friendly and catered to our every need. We didn't expect any kind of extra because it was our anniversary, but we did get a dessert which was also wonderful. We selected the Summit Steakhouse because we wanted a great dining experience for our anniversary and we were happy to find the Summit exceeded our expectations in every way.Special Features:
- for hubby's birthdayWhatAFindDined on 8/18/2014Nervous because of special occasion and untried venue. Fabulous experience - Sean blessed us with a very special dining experience. Best ever. Food - Tilapia and Prime Rib delicious! Steamed artichoke - hubby had never tried before - he ate two!! Thank you. Will be back many, many times. Taking my son for drinks this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in S.E. Denver/AuroraPaulinHighlandRanchDined on 8/18/2014A++++. Maybe there are slightly better Steakhouses in Lodo or DTC. Such as Ruth Chris, Brooks, El Frisco, McCormick’s, and most recently Flemings. All are great places, but I wouldn't drive an extra mile if the Summit is close. The others are only marginally better, if even that, but definitely more $$. Summit is about 1/2 mile from our office: we regularly bring clients and this restaurant never disappoints us! Great service, attentive waitresses and waiters. Happy hour in the summer on the deck is fantastic! Live Band and good prices. Nice remodel. This place offers great value, the prices are very reasonable for the high level of quality. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Amazing food and environmentAmazingdiningDined on 8/16/2014Summit Steakhouse is where we originally got engaged and we love to go back for special nights out on the town! They have amazing good and service. It is a wonderful date night place if you want a nicer meal and great service. We would highly recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic nightHopelessromaDined on 8/13/2014I made reservations for my boyfriends bday. food was amazing I got the roasted chicken and it was moist and flavorful. My boyfriend got a stake he usually drowns it in some kind of sauce. It was cooked perfectly and no sauce was needed. And I didn't spend as much as I thought it would be. Good prices too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014the King Salmon is always terrific! I come here just for that - delicious with the dill cream sauce.Special Features:
- Slow serviceRiograndefishermanDined on 8/3/2014Even thought the restaurant was not real busy, we waited a long time for the waitress to take our order. It was also slow coming out.
- This place needs a chefHananVIPDined on 8/1/2014My salmon salad had dried onions and way too much leafy lettuce, no crunchy hearts. Smoked salmon was obviously sitting out for a bit. It was starting to loose in texture. I've eaten hear before. It's not consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutofTownersDined on 7/29/2014The Summit offers great ambiance, great food and fantastic service. The restaurant is great for a date night or any type of celebration and the bar scence is lively no matter what day of the week it is. It's a great place to bring your out of town guests. You won't be disappointed! The bar also offers great Happy Hour specials 7 days a week and they offer live music! Make sure to try their French Onion Soup...it is truly out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LittletonFoodieDined on 7/20/2014The bar maid/cocktail runner needs to learn how to make a $11 cocktail. Presentation and food quality was very good but a poor to should have been dumped in the sink Bloody Mary helped turn me off of this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Excellent food and service- a definite find and a place for multiple returnsSpecial Features:
- JimGJimGDined on 7/18/2014Even better than the last time I wrote a review!! Sadly I'm leaving the area, but whenever I return, I know where I'll be dining.Special Features:
- Opentable and The Summit confusedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/6/2014I made a reservation for early dinner for Sunday afternoon, but arrived and was told the dining room was closed and I could only order off the bar menu! It turned out fine and we had a nice meal, but Opentable should have shown the more accurate information.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak, Steak, SteakGeeeDined on 7/5/2014The T-Bone Steak is beyond compare. Service is always friendly and courteous.Special Features:
- Great escargotkkajVIPDined on 6/28/2014This is a "close to the house" fav of ours. Food is always great, service is hit or miss. Hannah rocks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not badjgfoodsDined on 6/25/2014Being a foodie this spot needs some modern flavors and flair very 80's like but very nice people. I might return but I would definitely try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StapleSarahDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant has become a staple on our list of regular places to dine. Love it.Special Features:
- The SummitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014Took Dad & 2 adult sons here for Father's Day. Food was wonderful except for the veggies. Restaurants are forever serving "crisp, tender" veggies which are barely warm! Yuck! But the main course was superb!! Service? Only so-so. Sean let way too much time elapse before asking how was our food. Took forever to box up the leftovers. And forever to bring the check. But when it came to picking up the payment he was right there at my elbow while I signed it. That was crass. But the food is so good we will be back.Special Features:
- Local GemMAXIMILIANDined on 6/15/2014Great dining experience when looking for a night out with friends or just looking for a well cooked steak.Special Features:
- Steakhouse flopnoelvinDined on 6/14/2014Ambiance,service was outstanding. Food was not. Both of us had steak dinners and side food, salads, appetizers, french onion soup were all ok. When steak and potatoes came, the steak looked wonderful, it was sizzling hot (could hear it sizzling), but when we cut in we could tell it was already tough. Mine was medium rare and in the middle more rare so you would think it would melt in your mouth ( which it should), but every single bite was tough and was chewing for forever. So I could not say it was overcooked, it was just a tough piece of meat as was my boyfriends. Really, really wanted to like this place, enough to go back because its a beautiful, romantic restaurant and the service was outstanding, but will not go back.Special Features:
- Happy Hour...ScanmanDined on 6/13/2014The Happy Hour was very good with half price drinks and specials on the appetizers...we really enjoyed the bar. However...the restaurant decor is out-dated and all of the meals were over priced by at least $10.00 per plate. The salmon was $32.00 and the pike was $29.00...you can get both of these meals at the Great Northern and pay $10.00 less per meal and it is every bit as good if not better.Special Features:
- An outstanding experience--B and JBandjdineoutDined on 6/12/2014We really enjoyed celebrating our 49th wedding aniversary at the Aurora Summit. Our waiter was very good and made use fell pampered. He introduced us to both the manager and the general manager. They surprised us with a special dessert and some champagne at the end of dinner. The food was delicious and we were able to bring some home to have later in the week. The atmospher was very pleasant with white table clothes and nice dinner ware. It was quiet and their live music was piped into the dinner rooms which made for a pleasant background for our dinner. We could carry on a covversation with no problem. The evening cost us more than we usually spend, but for a special event was well worth it. We will long remember our experience. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Plain old, every day FANTASTIC!!!JimGDined on 6/11/2014This is the fourth time I have taken business associates to dinner at The Summit, and every time it has been truly outstanding. Three of those four times they sat our group of 5 or 6 in a separate glass walled room behind the reception desk and adjacent to the bar and the piano player - very quiet. The service was almost as amazing as the food. The wine list was excellent, from the very affordable to the "quite exclusive". It seemed like our server (Sean H.) never left the table, as he was constantly refilling the wine and bread, and then he brought our excellently prepared food, and finally the boxes for food (portions were also amazing) and the bill. I never before looked forward to business dinners - I do now, at The Summit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 6/7/2014The food was cooked perfectly, the wine was enjoyable, and the ability to hear each other talk around a relatively large table was great....but best of all, the service was superb! We will definitely come back on our next special occasion.Special Features:
- Very NiceStonemanDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant did not suffer from my usual pet peeves incorrect temperature settings and music load enough to distract. Overall a very good experience. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleGREATFOODVIPDined on 6/1/2014THe food at best was average. I was very disappointed and will not be going back again. Also was oper priced.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2014Best steak outside of Argentina! Ms Pat O'Neil service was superbSpecial Features:
- Needs some TLCOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/18/2014The food was good. Service was good. Friendly staff. Menu and wine list over priced. The place needs refurbishing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceDubsDined on 5/13/2014Happy, friendly and accomodating experience, great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated locationponderableDined on 5/9/2014Our server had tables in two very distant sides of the restaurants and unfortunately the hour wait between seating and ordering was not appreciated. Felt ignored. Then the meal arrived and it we were " under-whelmed". The rib steak was bland, looked large on the plate but was a very thin cut, so instead of medium - it was overcooked. My husband ordered the beef tips, he enjoyed it but was a very small serving portion. Then we had to wait for drink refils, wait for dessert order, we then had to even wait after dessert for the check....really? Not impressedSpecial Features:
- Sunday brunchBooperDined on 5/4/2014We had a wonderful family Sunday brunch here. Great food and good service made our day very fun.Special Features:
- Pleasant dining experiencePrimeribDined on 5/3/2014Subdued atmosphere without being stuffy. We could actually hear each other which is unusual in many places today.Special Features:
- The following 688 reviews are from the The Summit Steakhouse reviews archive.
- ExperienceDaveDined on 4/26/2014Very friendly staff (management too). Superb steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't go backVickiDined on 4/26/2014The place was very nice and the service was excellent. The food, however, could use some flavor. I had a rib eye steak. I didn't think it was possible for a rib eye to be tough but mine was. It also could have used some rub or something. My husband had the shrimp scampi. The pasta was very bland, had no flavor.Special Features: