The Summit Steakhouse
2700 South Havana
Aurora, CO 80014Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Summit Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aurorasummit.com/
- Phone: 3037512112
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11am-3pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5pm-10pm, Friday - Saturday: 5pm-11pm
NEW Sunday Brunch: Sunday from 10am-2:30pm
Cabin Bar is Open 7 days a week all day! www.cabinbar.com
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 3 Different rooms to choose from and we can accommodate up to 90 in our large room. Screens and Plasma TV with PC hook up available. Ideal for Powerpoint presentations and business meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Kim Dammer 3037512112
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment on the weekends. Check www.cabinbar.com for more details.
- Special Events: Check website for upcoming Wine, Scotch, Beer Dinners or other special events at www.aurorasummit.com
A word from The Summit Steakhouse
Summit Steakhouse serves American cuisine specializing in steak and seafood. Enjoy a table or booth in the candle lit ambiance of the Summit main room and have one of our famous and award winning steak dinners. Enjoy our great lunch menu with items starting at $7. Dinner entrees start at $16. If you are looking for entertainment, The Summit has live Bands on Friday & Saturday nights. Many of Denver's hottest bands perform at The Summit Regularly. French doors can be opened to the attached bar & fire place. Come join us for our great happy hour (featuring drink specials & half off appetizers) to relax after those tough days at the office. On those beautiful days enjoy our large patio, a great place to meet up with friends. The Summit room can comfortably seat 80 people with an option to divide the room into two separate rooms, seating 40 in Summit One and 20 in Summit Two. Both the Aspen & Apex rooms can accommodate up to 50 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Summit Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Aurora ›
The Summit Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)neighborhood gem (30)romantic (29)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (7)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Reliable Steak!eatoutalotVIPDined on 10/26/2014This is not Del Frisco's or Elways...but the service and steak are right on target for the price point. These are not "power broker" dinners, just good solid no frills meat and seafood dishes. We had a couple of delicious steaks and better King Crab than we have had a Shannahan's for twice the price. When we don't feel like fighting with the "beautiful people" (aka pretentious) we head here for a change of venue.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Thank you for a wonderful dining experience very personable and outstanding service. Our waiter was outstanding. ThankyouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Blissfoodlover29Dined on 10/24/2014What a great find. This was our first time here and it was for our 16th Anniversary. The staff was so friendly and helpful with menu questions and great recommendations! Our Time there was blissful. Our food was prepared perfectly and in a very timely manner! Presentation was spot on and our server was perfect in all his timing, and also in his surprise desert selection, The Crème Brule is to Die for!! We will return for more of this quaint and wonderful place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealvinodudeDined on 10/24/2014My companion and I arrived early afternoon so, items were still being served from the lunch menu. Our waitress told us if there were items from the dinner menu that we wanted, she'd be willing to ask the kitchen about them. As it turned out, the kitchen was willing to supply us with a couple of side dishes only shown on the dinner menu and everything we ordered was prepared exquisitely! The main courses were great, the additional sides were great and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Loved Sitting In The Wine RoomgrandlakersDined on 10/22/2014When we made our reservation, we asked for a large table for four, in a quiet area, where we can visit. They seated us in The Wine Room. WOW!!! It was a private room and was so nice!!! Our waitress was good, not excellent. This was our second time going back to The Summit Steak House, since the new owners took over. Both times we were not impressed with the food. I had the cheese beer soup and it was terrible. It looked like paste!!!! The salads weren't anything special and the steaks were ok, but not DELICIOUS. We felt it was very pricey for what wee got. I think we'll try other steak houses next time.
- lovely.rudyDined on 10/10/2014I came for my birthday. I love this place. Usually eat here minimum once a monthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The restaurant typically has excellent food and always has a great atmosphere. The servers and hostess have been great in the past which is a reason I visit often. On my last visit, the server did not come to the table for nearly 10 minutes nor did the "busboy" with water. While I did not mention the condition in what I wanted my steak, the server simply assumed it was "rare" and had it brought out.Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchFiveOinkerDined on 9/21/2014What a lovely place for Sunday Brunch! Wonderful service, relaxing atmosphere and delicious entrees! We enjoyed the Cowboy Skillet and the Eggs Benedict served with mixed fresh fruit. Very nice! The mimosas were very generous. We will return real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service.DebIVIPDined on 9/19/2014This is a top rate restaurant. The food was good with a nice selection of steak and seafood. The service was outstanding. Our Bostonian waiter was a complete professional.Special Features:
- JaneDined on 9/14/2014Very good food and the staff was very good. I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014The filet medallions were so tender I could cut it with a fork!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteakPhymanDined on 9/11/2014I had the filet and it was very tender. In fact, it was one of the most tender steaks I have ever eaten. The flavor was OK, but not outstanding. The steak does come by itself on a very hot plate. The meal does include a potato and salad, but no veggies. So be sure to order those if you want them. Service was very good, friendly and attentive, but not intrusive. While the restaurant was pretty full, the noise level was not bad at all. We had a reservation, we were slightly early but seated immediately. Very good experience.Special Features:
- DessertsRosieDined on 9/6/2014we've had 2 desserts that we didnt care for during our last visit within a month. the bread pudding and the chocolate turtle cake both were not a fan favorite. Might want to consider a different option for those two items. Otherwise things were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exclusiveDined on 9/4/2014We had a wonderful time. Our waitress saw that we were happy with the service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekcoljfclarkDined on 8/29/2014We made a reservation for 6:00 p.m. and arrived on time. Seemed to have caught them by surprise, although the dining room was nearly empty. Our waiter was obsequious at first, later we had a hard time finding him when we needed something. Seems like his station was spread far apart. Drinks/wine to an unusually long time to arrive. On second round, I had to remind him. Daughter ordered her steak medium-rare, but it came out well-done. Despite saying she could get a different dessert than the ones listed on the special menu, we were charged extra, despite the cost of the dessert was lower than those on the special menu. Food was OK, but should have been better for the prices. Better options elsewhere. The place needs some better supervision.Special Features:
- Everything was great.xfmrguyDined on 8/28/2014Food and service were great. The price was reasonable for the food quality received.Special Features:
- Restaurant Weeksbx6Dined on 8/28/2014Combined our first Denver restaurant week with 25th wedding anniversary. Enjoyed the menu selection. Great service once they realized we had been seated. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Gemyummy213Dined on 8/27/2014We were looking for a place to try during restaurant week. We picked the Summit because of the reviews, it did not disappoint! The server was awesome, the food was great, and the atmosphere was amazing!! I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014the food was amazing, and our waiter was the best i've had in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Older but Still a nice restaurantGoodDined on 8/25/2014Our food was great, and our server was attentive. This is an older restaurant, but has a nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week DiamondXavierVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our dinner at The Summit during Restaurant Week in August was superb. I highly recommend this outstanding eatery.Special Features:
- 70 th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/24/2014We can always count on the Summit to be consistent. Our honored guests received extra attention and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Waiter in your faceTovmeodVIPDined on 8/23/2014Everything was good, except for an annoying waiter, who was intrusive and in our faces throughout the meal. Attentive is a good thing, but intrusive is not. He kept asking us how our food was. When we answered, he kept telling us that he would inform the chef. The meal was great and the Restaurant Week dining experience was great. The salmon was perfectly prepared and the New York strip was tender and cooked medium as ordered. I can highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Summit SteakhouseReggieDined on 8/23/2014It was couples night and a few of us got together to enjoy one anothers company and to dine on hood food. I ordered the filet mignon and it was one of the best steaks I had. The steak was tender and juicy. Everyone in the group loved their steaks also. We agreed we will be back real soon to try your other dishes. Great location and your wait staff and our server gave us superb attention. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceCherriiibaDined on 8/23/2014Our waiter forgot to ask how we would like our steaks cooked. (strange for a steakhouse) The peach cobbler was not that great. But otherwise everything was delicious and the dinning experience was pleasant. Like the 50% off all wine for restaurant week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine EventSharonDined on 8/21/2014If you get the chance to go to The Summit for a wine dinner, you should take it. I have been to only two. Both have featured excellent food. I am not a wine connoiseur, but I love good food. The chef does an excellent job at pairing the food and wine. This last dinner showcasing Chateau Ste Michelle wine included arugula salad with smoked duck, mini beef wellingtons, lamb shank, and a fruit and whipped cream parfait dessert. These non-menu items with the wine pairings make the wine dinners well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable AnniversarystkluvrDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I selected The Summit Steakhouse as the place to celebrate our fifty-second wedding anniversary. It was a great choice. Our waitress was attentive and friendly. The food was wonderful, delivered in a timely manner, very tasty and satisfying in every aspect. Our waitress was very friendly and catered to our every need. We didn't expect any kind of extra because it was our anniversary, but we did get a dessert which was also wonderful. We selected the Summit Steakhouse because we wanted a great dining experience for our anniversary and we were happy to find the Summit exceeded our expectations in every way.Special Features:
- for hubby's birthdayWhatAFindDined on 8/18/2014Nervous because of special occasion and untried venue. Fabulous experience - Sean blessed us with a very special dining experience. Best ever. Food - Tilapia and Prime Rib delicious! Steamed artichoke - hubby had never tried before - he ate two!! Thank you. Will be back many, many times. Taking my son for drinks this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in S.E. Denver/AuroraPaulinHighlandRanchDined on 8/18/2014A++++. Maybe there are slightly better Steakhouses in Lodo or DTC. Such as Ruth Chris, Brooks, El Frisco, McCormick’s, and most recently Flemings. All are great places, but I wouldn't drive an extra mile if the Summit is close. The others are only marginally better, if even that, but definitely more $$. Summit is about 1/2 mile from our office: we regularly bring clients and this restaurant never disappoints us! Great service, attentive waitresses and waiters. Happy hour in the summer on the deck is fantastic! Live Band and good prices. Nice remodel. This place offers great value, the prices are very reasonable for the high level of quality. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Amazing food and environmentAmazingdiningDined on 8/16/2014Summit Steakhouse is where we originally got engaged and we love to go back for special nights out on the town! They have amazing good and service. It is a wonderful date night place if you want a nicer meal and great service. We would highly recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic nightHopelessromaDined on 8/13/2014I made reservations for my boyfriends bday. food was amazing I got the roasted chicken and it was moist and flavorful. My boyfriend got a stake he usually drowns it in some kind of sauce. It was cooked perfectly and no sauce was needed. And I didn't spend as much as I thought it would be. Good prices too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014the King Salmon is always terrific! I come here just for that - delicious with the dill cream sauce.Special Features:
- Slow serviceRiograndefishermanDined on 8/3/2014Even thought the restaurant was not real busy, we waited a long time for the waitress to take our order. It was also slow coming out.
- This place needs a chefHananVIPDined on 8/1/2014My salmon salad had dried onions and way too much leafy lettuce, no crunchy hearts. Smoked salmon was obviously sitting out for a bit. It was starting to loose in texture. I've eaten hear before. It's not consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutofTownersDined on 7/29/2014The Summit offers great ambiance, great food and fantastic service. The restaurant is great for a date night or any type of celebration and the bar scence is lively no matter what day of the week it is. It's a great place to bring your out of town guests. You won't be disappointed! The bar also offers great Happy Hour specials 7 days a week and they offer live music! Make sure to try their French Onion Soup...it is truly out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LittletonFoodieDined on 7/20/2014The bar maid/cocktail runner needs to learn how to make a $11 cocktail. Presentation and food quality was very good but a poor to should have been dumped in the sink Bloody Mary helped turn me off of this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Excellent food and service- a definite find and a place for multiple returnsSpecial Features:
- JimGJimGDined on 7/18/2014Even better than the last time I wrote a review!! Sadly I'm leaving the area, but whenever I return, I know where I'll be dining.Special Features:
- Opentable and The Summit confusedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/6/2014I made a reservation for early dinner for Sunday afternoon, but arrived and was told the dining room was closed and I could only order off the bar menu! It turned out fine and we had a nice meal, but Opentable should have shown the more accurate information.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak, Steak, SteakGeeeDined on 7/5/2014The T-Bone Steak is beyond compare. Service is always friendly and courteous.Special Features:
- The following 706 reviews are from the The Summit Steakhouse reviews archive.