The Summit Steakhouse
2700 South Havana
Aurora, CO 80014Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Summit Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aurorasummit.com/
- Phone: (303) 751-2112
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11am-3pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5pm-10pm, Friday - Saturday: 5pm-11pm
NEW Sunday Brunch: Sunday from 10am-2:30pm
Cabin Bar is Open 7 days a week all day! www.cabinbar.com
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 3 Different rooms to choose from and we can accommodate up to 90 in our large room. Screens and Plasma TV with PC hook up available. Ideal for Powerpoint presentations and business meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Kim Dammer 3037512112
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment on the weekends. Check www.cabinbar.com for more details.
- Special Events: Check website for upcoming Wine, Scotch, Beer Dinners or other special events at www.aurorasummit.com
A word from The Summit Steakhouse
Summit Steakhouse serves American cuisine specializing in steak and seafood. Enjoy a table or booth in the candle lit ambiance of the Summit main room and have one of our famous and award winning steak dinners. Enjoy our great lunch menu with items starting at $7. Dinner entrees start at $16. If you are looking for entertainment, The Summit has live Bands on Friday & Saturday nights. Many of Denver's hottest bands perform at The Summit Regularly. French doors can be opened to the attached bar & fire place. Come join us for our great happy hour (featuring drink specials & half off appetizers) to relax after those tough days at the office. On those beautiful days enjoy our large patio, a great place to meet up with friends. The Summit room can comfortably seat 80 people with an option to divide the room into two separate rooms, seating 40 in Summit One and 20 in Summit Two. Both the Aspen & Apex rooms can accommodate up to 50 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Summit Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Aurora ›
The Summit Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (39)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Pleasant night outBillDined on 11/16/2014We ate here Sunday night for my birthday. I had heard things and read good reviews about the Summit, so I thought I'd give it a try. My wife and I enjoyed our dinner very much and only wish you were closer. We live in far NW Arvada. The food was very good and our server Eric was attentive and knowledgeable. Thanks. Maybe again some other day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I am sorry to report that our prime rib was cold. The service was just OK, we ordered an appetizer which was brought to the table after the meal. I love the Summit but was disappointed this time. I will try again later.I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtoeatluvthebroadmoorVIPDined on 11/13/2014Excellent service. Rack of lamb was delicious. Steaks hard to beat. Very active bar but separated from quiet ambiance of dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DenvernativeDined on 11/8/2014We hadn't been to The Summit in many years, but both had a craving for prime rib. It was really good! We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fostermomDined on 11/8/2014We will be back. What a great find.Our server John was wonderful great service spent a few moments with us explaining the menu. Love the half price cocktails . Hostess was warm and welcomingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceMidwesternerDined on 11/7/2014Server never missed an opportunity to check in with us. At our table we had the steaks, chops, walleye and ribs, all fantastic. The bar/music area is very active and people have a great time. We prefer one of the quiet areas and we always find it with no problems. Homey and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhere to CelebrateScottinAuroraVIPDined on 11/6/2014This is one of those classic steakhouse experiences. You have to be ready to spend some $$$, but if you are able to set aside the cost from your mind, the experience fits well with a celebration or occasion of some kind. The décor is dark and inviting, the wait staff is slightly formal and very attentive, and the food is intended to impress. My wife and I had the appetizer sampler and then the chateaubriand (a cut of tenderloin steak for two) done rare. All the appetizers were really great except the artichoke dip, which did not seem fresh. The steak and accompaniments were exactly what we were looking for (mouthwatering), and we just couldn't find room for dessert. Will have to save room next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PinotdocPinotdocDined on 11/1/2014Steaks were good, but Calamari, salads, and soup were average. Average wine list, especially by the glass.Special Features:
- First time VisitorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014I had the pleasure of going to the Summitt Steakhouse on Sat night. A great restaurant, great food. Would gladly return againSpecial Features:
- Always goodMortDined on 11/1/2014We have never been disappointed when dining here. They have upgraded the inside, which makes it even better. Couple that with no screaming kids, excellent service and perfectly cooked steaks...it was a wonderful, delicious, evening. Also very refreshng...your meal comes with soup or salad and sides...no "Nickle and Dime" treatment with everything being a la cart!!!Special Features:
- Perfect occasionballonmeisterDined on 10/31/2014I set up our wedding anniversary dinner with this restaurant and couldn't have wished for a better evening. The flowers I ordered were on the table in a quiet booth and Kevin was a very attentive and professional server. My wife was most impressed and enjoyed every moment of being spoiled.Special Features:
- Reliable Steak!eatoutalotVIPDined on 10/26/2014This is not Del Frisco's or Elways...but the service and steak are right on target for the price point. These are not "power broker" dinners, just good solid no frills meat and seafood dishes. We had a couple of delicious steaks and better King Crab than we have had a Shannahan's for twice the price. When we don't feel like fighting with the "beautiful people" (aka pretentious) we head here for a change of venue.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Thank you for a wonderful dining experience very personable and outstanding service. Our waiter was outstanding. ThankyouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Blissfoodlover29Dined on 10/24/2014What a great find. This was our first time here and it was for our 16th Anniversary. The staff was so friendly and helpful with menu questions and great recommendations! Our Time there was blissful. Our food was prepared perfectly and in a very timely manner! Presentation was spot on and our server was perfect in all his timing, and also in his surprise desert selection, The Crème Brule is to Die for!! We will return for more of this quaint and wonderful place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealvinodudeDined on 10/24/2014My companion and I arrived early afternoon so, items were still being served from the lunch menu. Our waitress told us if there were items from the dinner menu that we wanted, she'd be willing to ask the kitchen about them. As it turned out, the kitchen was willing to supply us with a couple of side dishes only shown on the dinner menu and everything we ordered was prepared exquisitely! The main courses were great, the additional sides were great and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Loved Sitting In The Wine RoomgrandlakersDined on 10/22/2014When we made our reservation, we asked for a large table for four, in a quiet area, where we can visit. They seated us in The Wine Room. WOW!!! It was a private room and was so nice!!! Our waitress was good, not excellent. This was our second time going back to The Summit Steak House, since the new owners took over. Both times we were not impressed with the food. I had the cheese beer soup and it was terrible. It looked like paste!!!! The salads weren't anything special and the steaks were ok, but not DELICIOUS. We felt it was very pricey for what wee got. I think we'll try other steak houses next time.
- lovely.rudyDined on 10/10/2014I came for my birthday. I love this place. Usually eat here minimum once a monthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The restaurant typically has excellent food and always has a great atmosphere. The servers and hostess have been great in the past which is a reason I visit often. On my last visit, the server did not come to the table for nearly 10 minutes nor did the "busboy" with water. While I did not mention the condition in what I wanted my steak, the server simply assumed it was "rare" and had it brought out.Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchFiveOinkerDined on 9/21/2014What a lovely place for Sunday Brunch! Wonderful service, relaxing atmosphere and delicious entrees! We enjoyed the Cowboy Skillet and the Eggs Benedict served with mixed fresh fruit. Very nice! The mimosas were very generous. We will return real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service.DebIVIPDined on 9/19/2014This is a top rate restaurant. The food was good with a nice selection of steak and seafood. The service was outstanding. Our Bostonian waiter was a complete professional.Special Features:
- JaneDined on 9/14/2014Very good food and the staff was very good. I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014The filet medallions were so tender I could cut it with a fork!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteakPhymanDined on 9/11/2014I had the filet and it was very tender. In fact, it was one of the most tender steaks I have ever eaten. The flavor was OK, but not outstanding. The steak does come by itself on a very hot plate. The meal does include a potato and salad, but no veggies. So be sure to order those if you want them. Service was very good, friendly and attentive, but not intrusive. While the restaurant was pretty full, the noise level was not bad at all. We had a reservation, we were slightly early but seated immediately. Very good experience.Special Features:
- DessertsRosieDined on 9/6/2014we've had 2 desserts that we didnt care for during our last visit within a month. the bread pudding and the chocolate turtle cake both were not a fan favorite. Might want to consider a different option for those two items. Otherwise things were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exclusiveDined on 9/4/2014We had a wonderful time. Our waitress saw that we were happy with the service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekcoljfclarkDined on 8/29/2014We made a reservation for 6:00 p.m. and arrived on time. Seemed to have caught them by surprise, although the dining room was nearly empty. Our waiter was obsequious at first, later we had a hard time finding him when we needed something. Seems like his station was spread far apart. Drinks/wine to an unusually long time to arrive. On second round, I had to remind him. Daughter ordered her steak medium-rare, but it came out well-done. Despite saying she could get a different dessert than the ones listed on the special menu, we were charged extra, despite the cost of the dessert was lower than those on the special menu. Food was OK, but should have been better for the prices. Better options elsewhere. The place needs some better supervision.Special Features:
- Everything was great.xfmrguyDined on 8/28/2014Food and service were great. The price was reasonable for the food quality received.Special Features:
- Restaurant Weeksbx6Dined on 8/28/2014Combined our first Denver restaurant week with 25th wedding anniversary. Enjoyed the menu selection. Great service once they realized we had been seated. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Gemyummy213Dined on 8/27/2014We were looking for a place to try during restaurant week. We picked the Summit because of the reviews, it did not disappoint! The server was awesome, the food was great, and the atmosphere was amazing!! I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014the food was amazing, and our waiter was the best i've had in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Older but Still a nice restaurantGoodDined on 8/25/2014Our food was great, and our server was attentive. This is an older restaurant, but has a nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week DiamondXavierVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our dinner at The Summit during Restaurant Week in August was superb. I highly recommend this outstanding eatery.Special Features:
- 70 th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/24/2014We can always count on the Summit to be consistent. Our honored guests received extra attention and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Waiter in your faceTovmeodVIPDined on 8/23/2014Everything was good, except for an annoying waiter, who was intrusive and in our faces throughout the meal. Attentive is a good thing, but intrusive is not. He kept asking us how our food was. When we answered, he kept telling us that he would inform the chef. The meal was great and the Restaurant Week dining experience was great. The salmon was perfectly prepared and the New York strip was tender and cooked medium as ordered. I can highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Summit SteakhouseReggieDined on 8/23/2014It was couples night and a few of us got together to enjoy one anothers company and to dine on hood food. I ordered the filet mignon and it was one of the best steaks I had. The steak was tender and juicy. Everyone in the group loved their steaks also. We agreed we will be back real soon to try your other dishes. Great location and your wait staff and our server gave us superb attention. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceCherriiibaDined on 8/23/2014Our waiter forgot to ask how we would like our steaks cooked. (strange for a steakhouse) The peach cobbler was not that great. But otherwise everything was delicious and the dinning experience was pleasant. Like the 50% off all wine for restaurant week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine EventSharonDined on 8/21/2014If you get the chance to go to The Summit for a wine dinner, you should take it. I have been to only two. Both have featured excellent food. I am not a wine connoiseur, but I love good food. The chef does an excellent job at pairing the food and wine. This last dinner showcasing Chateau Ste Michelle wine included arugula salad with smoked duck, mini beef wellingtons, lamb shank, and a fruit and whipped cream parfait dessert. These non-menu items with the wine pairings make the wine dinners well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable AnniversarystkluvrDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I selected The Summit Steakhouse as the place to celebrate our fifty-second wedding anniversary. It was a great choice. Our waitress was attentive and friendly. The food was wonderful, delivered in a timely manner, very tasty and satisfying in every aspect. Our waitress was very friendly and catered to our every need. We didn't expect any kind of extra because it was our anniversary, but we did get a dessert which was also wonderful. We selected the Summit Steakhouse because we wanted a great dining experience for our anniversary and we were happy to find the Summit exceeded our expectations in every way.Special Features:
- for hubby's birthdayWhatAFindDined on 8/18/2014Nervous because of special occasion and untried venue. Fabulous experience - Sean blessed us with a very special dining experience. Best ever. Food - Tilapia and Prime Rib delicious! Steamed artichoke - hubby had never tried before - he ate two!! Thank you. Will be back many, many times. Taking my son for drinks this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in S.E. Denver/AuroraPaulinHighlandRanchDined on 8/18/2014A++++. Maybe there are slightly better Steakhouses in Lodo or DTC. Such as Ruth Chris, Brooks, El Frisco, McCormick’s, and most recently Flemings. All are great places, but I wouldn't drive an extra mile if the Summit is close. The others are only marginally better, if even that, but definitely more $$. Summit is about 1/2 mile from our office: we regularly bring clients and this restaurant never disappoints us! Great service, attentive waitresses and waiters. Happy hour in the summer on the deck is fantastic! Live Band and good prices. Nice remodel. This place offers great value, the prices are very reasonable for the high level of quality. Highly recommend!!Special Features: