The Studio, An Artistic Dining Experience
20 Executive Park Road
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Studio, An Artistic Dining Experience
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.studiodining.com/
- Phone: (843) 785-6000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner : Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Colella
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Studio is able to accommodate Private Events on-premise for up to 40 people. Please contact us to discuss off-premise options. Chef Paul will gladly customize your party to meet your every need. Wine Dinners/Lectures are always available, and are a great way to entice clients to join an event! Our artists and musicians are available for events if desired.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Colella 843-785-6000
- Entertainment: Please call for details
A word from The Studio, An Artistic Dining Experience
Entice Your Senses While You Dine, Innovative International Cuisine, Live Musical Entertainment, Fine Art Gallery, Artists Creating at the Easel and Early Dining Discounts Available.Continued
Private Dining Room Available for up to 40 People
Rated Top Restaurant in Hilton Head 2008-2009
Wine Spectator Award of Excellence
Private Dining Room Available for up to 40 People
Rated Top Restaurant in Hilton Head 2008-2009
Wine Spectator Award of Excellence
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Studio, An Artistic Dining Experience - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
The Studio, An Artistic Dining Experience reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (50)fit for foodies (45)special occasion (43)notable wine list (32)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Very very worthwhile!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014Even on a busy night, the service was exceptional, the food likewise was exceptional in both presentation and taste. Each of the four of us gave rave reviews for each. Obviously, we would go there again. Unfortunately, we do not live here all the time but when we return we will go again. It is a must go toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findwatersideDined on 11/9/2014Wonderful our only complaint is that the writing on the menu is too small.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerNicoleDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I were in Hilton Head celebrating our anniversary and decided to check out The Studio. The food and service were wonderful.Special Features:
- A touch of class.stiffneckDined on 11/6/2014One of the best restaurants on Hilton Head. Pricing is reasonable. It has class. Wait staff outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/31/2014Had been wanting to try this place for some time and glad we finally did. The food and service was imaginative and wonderful. It is a definite do overSpecial Features:
- Vegan Hot SpotNewcastlePaulDined on 10/28/2014My wife is a strict vegan and as such really enjoyed The Studio. I found a number of dishes to meet my liking. If I have one suggestion it is for the owner to stock "non-alcoholic beer and wine" for those who do not enjoy alcohol. This was our 2nd visit to the Studio in our two visits to the island.Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experiencedinefineDined on 10/26/2014Chef Paul continues to create masterful dishes and desserts. Always a pleasure to dine there with a friendly hostess, attentive staff and pleasant surroundings. This is a must for those seeking an outstanding dining experience on the is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!Abc30Dined on 10/24/2014Studio was recommended to us by friends, and we were not disappointed. The food, drinks, and service was excellent. We enjoyed the live music and watching the artist paint. Everything about our visit was an artistic experience. We will definitely visit again when we are back in Hilton Head!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Treasure!USMC12Dined on 10/24/2014I took my wife here for our 2nd Anniversary as it was great! Very professional and friendly staff. The guitar player was awesome and knew a variety of romantic songs to help enhance the experience! I loved the dim lit dining but enough light to enjoy each other's presence. The food was outstanding and we got the chance to see a local artist work on one of her paintings while we ate dinner and not to mention being serenaded by the guitarist! It was definitely a wonderful experience and the staff was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent seafoodBirthdayCelebrationDined on 10/23/2014Enjoyed dining at The Studio. The food was excellent and the service very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemjeffpDined on 10/18/2014My girlfriend and I visit HH Island each October and always look for new restaurants to dine at. When we looked at the website for the studio, it looked very inviting. We were not disappointed when we had dinner there on Saturday evening. The food was outstanding( compliments to the chef ), service was great and a very nice ambience. There was terrific live music and a talented artist that was working on a painting, which provided a nice touch. I have already recommended this restaurant to friends and will definitely visit again on our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014This by far the best restaurant on Hilton Head, and we have many fine restaurants. We always take our guests there and they state that they cannot wait for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best HH has to offerwinelvrDined on 10/10/2014Few restaurants manage to be consistently terrific from year to year, visit to visit; this is one. The Studio ought to be on your short list of places not to miss when you come to HH. Great ambiance, outstanding service, a killer wine list and delicious, interesting food. What's not to love? Make your reservations early!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/9/2014Lovely atmosphere. Excellent service. Surprised by all the excellent reviews as food was very mediocre and "banquet" tasting.
- interesting dining experienceScoutVIPDined on 10/8/2014Due to being a dining experience filled with original art, we enjoyed the uniqueness. Cannot give a great review, as service was slow, and we needed to get to a play. Both husband & I ordered off menu, but even tho early in evening (6:00) there was only one portion left. My husb. hurriedly picked something else he thought would be quick, but it took a long time to be served, & he did not care for. A couple seated near us, loves the restaurant, & it was also recommended to us by someone at another play. So, we will definitely give it another chance, and allow 2 hrs for dinner.Special Features:
- Good food, good entertainmentDETZDined on 10/3/2014We went here for a birthday dinner. It was nice with the singer entertaining. Staff were very friendly. I got the crab and vidella onion soup for appetizer. In the past, there was a pile of crab lumped in the middle. This time it was mixed in. I actually prefer the lump in the middle. It is visually more appealing and I think you actually get more crab this way. I also got the crab topped grouper fillet. This was good. We got the bread pudding for dessert to share. It was also good. I would prefer alittle more chocolate sauce over the top, but good still.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well pacedjlkrDined on 10/2/2014Food is well prepared and tasty. Menu is small with an excellent selection of seafood, pork, lamb, beef as well as vegetarian choices. Time between courses allowed sufficient time for us to visit with our evening's dinner guests. We enjoyed wine, crab soup, salad and entrees. Our guests indicated that they would return. Frequently one of the owners will greet guests throughout the evening, however, tonight was an exception. Our server made us feel very welcome encouraging our guests to take a walk around the restaurant to view the art work done by one of the owners. The Studio can be difficult to find but is well worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feast for Eyes and PalateLuvfinediningDined on 9/28/2014The food was excellent! There was a variety of dishes with varied international influences to choose from. They have very good vegetarian dishes for the health conscious. Besides the food, you will also enjoy the beautiful paintings on display which, by the way, you can purchase if you like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome findKardayDined on 9/24/2014A taste extravaganza. Worth every penny. Escargot served atop a sweet potato. Paintings were done by person that worked there and looked like photo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mushroom crepes are awesomeJuranimalsDined on 9/21/2014Read a bunch of reviews for hilton head restaurants... Picked Studio.... Did not disappoint. Husband is chef, wife is artist that greeted us. Good was over the top good. Mushroom crepes were best meal my wife has had in years and she's the foodie. I had snapper paella that was also very very good. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Dining ExperienceteamsharkDined on 9/20/2014unique mix of art gallery, live music, interesting menu and great service. My wife and I dined last weekend for her birthday and had a great time. At first I thought the atmosphere was a little too intimate as in too small, too crowded but by the end of the evening people were talking, toasting and sharing a good time. The artwork was a little unusual, not my taste but contributed to the overall uniqueness of the dining experience. If your looking for something different would highly recommend The Studio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuljumbobDined on 9/19/2014Atmosphere was great. Food was wonderful. Music was fantastic. Exceeded our expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faorite restaurant on the island.BaabaapDined on 9/18/2014We have been vacationing on Hilton Head for the past 12 years and our only reret is that we did not discover The Studio until this year!! What a gem. It is now our favorite dining place on the island and we are looking forward to Tapa night this coming Tuesday. Absolutely no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant good vegan optionssharonDined on 9/6/2014It is quite rare to find an excellent restaurant that can accommodate vegan dining and regular food options as well and also be a romantic fine dining experience! I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone and especially for those of you who are vegetarian or vegan. The food is outstanding. It was an excellent choice for my husband's birthday dinner.Special Features:
- An Island FvoritePepBoyDined on 9/5/2014If you visit Hilton Head, you must try The Studio. Best time is on Friday or Saturday evening when Armand DeMille is singing and playing the guitar after 7pm. Reservations are suggested.Special Features:
- Mrs. TrombleyDianneDined on 9/2/2014Quaint, quiet, romantic, small rooms, fine dining. Food impeccable, service friendly and attentive. I would recommend this place for a quiet dining experience or a special occasion. Prices for entrees start at $30 but worth the price. Vegetarian meals start around $20. Wine list good. Didn't try the dessert, we were full. Filet mignon was the best I had ever had, even better than The Chop House in Charleston SC, which is really good.Special Features:
- Lose the musicPeggyDined on 8/30/2014The music was like bad Karaoke. Too bad and too loud. Distracting and just not necessary. Also the whole place was just too dark. I understand that they are trying to create a "mood" for the artwork, but they needed a few more candles. In spite of it all - the food was delicious - although the wine list (by the glass) was a bit sparse. And overall it was quite expensive.Special Features:
- FabulousswannyDined on 8/29/2014I have been to the Studio many times, and everytime it's great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet & elegant.JamesDined on 8/28/2014Combination art gallery and chef-driven gourmet food. Attentive service. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerTwofoodysDined on 8/27/2014We were vacationing at Hilton Head Island and tried a number of nice restaurants while we were there (I would say both my husband and I are 'foodies'). We both decided The Studio was the best experience of our trip. The hostess was friendly and gracious, the waitress was friendly and efficient, and the food was excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at this restaurant. Having art work to view during and after the meal was an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jbjtDined on 8/26/2014My friend thought the restaurant looked like an office business not a restaurant. He did not like the soup and the steak was tasteless. He also found the background music irritating. I on the other hand loved the art, my soup was great and the sea food was fine. The vegetable was limp and overdone as it should be crispy. I would try again but he will not.
- One of a kind!Dondonme423Dined on 8/21/2014Been coming to HHI since '87. We found this gem about 5years ago and go back every year. Not for children, casual yet elegant , perfect for a special occasion or a romantic dinner for two. The menu has a great selection of spectacular entrees. The food is absolutely delicious especially the Artist's Palate! Their waiter, Alex was extremely personable, attentive and knowledgeable. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningfoodmanDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I recently dined at the Studio for my birthday. Per usual, the food was fantastic. My duck breast was cooked to perfection and the portion was so generous, I had it again for lunch the next day. My husband ordered the special pallet trio of filet, lamb and grouper. He reported his was exceptional, as well. Ambiance is charming; we love the owner's paintings hung on most walls. Service was attentive and personable.Special Features:
- Still a great restaurant, off nightHHIGuyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Our fourth time to the Studio in fifteen months---and not the best of the four. Seemed short staffed and rushed. We gave five stars out of five for our first three visits. An off night. A wonderful restaurant overall. Well worth your time. Hoping our next visit sees a return to the quality we enjoyed the first three. Cocktails were outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives Up to its BillingJJFAVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had dinner there on 8/16/14. The restaurant was as described by the many patrons of Open Table. The artist at work at a canvas added to the ambience, and a guitarist played well-known standards softly in the background. Very nice. The food was also very good. We had the house salad (ample and well-prepared) and the rack of lamb, as our entree, was good, but with risotto and gravy. (We prefer mint with our rack of lamb.) However, my wife thought the risotto was the best she had ever had. For dessert, we thoroughly enjoyed the bread pudding with glaze (bourbon?) and a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top. Delicious! Also enjoyed the house pinot noir and a cup of decaf coffee with the dessert. We shall be back.Special Features:
- Nice spot...KphjrVIPDined on 8/16/2014We really enjoyed our evening at Studio. The restaurant is intimate with a musician playing guitar. The food was delicious! We had the palate trio (good when you can't decide), duck (wife really liked), tuna carpaccio (one of our best appetizers on Hilton Head - yum) and crab and vidalia onion soup (also good). Would have stayed for dessert... "Bananas Foster Bread Pudding", but to full. Next time!Special Features:
- Hidden TreasureLindaHHIDined on 8/15/2014Tucked away but worth the search. Great food (I chose a pricey combo)and setting. Only criticism was that live entertainment was promised, but there was none on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonMDined on 8/10/2014We brought our 7 and 3 year olds, and they were very accommodating to us. Quiet rainy evening, very attentive service and great food, and price was as expected. The filet was good quality and scallops big and seared correctly. Yes, decor is eclectic, but not offensive or bad taste as one reviewer stated. All in all, we'll do again without any hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem. Excellent foodFoodisLifeVIPDined on 8/6/2014Hidden neighborhood gem with excellent food and a unique menu. This is the 3rd time we've been and the 3rd time the food was exceptional along with the service. The chefs palate samplers are always unique and a solid play if you can't decide. The menu also offers many locally grown veggies and locally caught or raised fish and beef. Reasonably priced as well. You cannot go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Hilton Head!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014Very nice find while on vacation in HH. Everything about our dining experience was excellent. Tried many local resturants but this was indeed the best! Food was prepared perfectly and staff was very attentive. Will return on our next trip to the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.