The Strip Joint
918 S 22nd St.
Philadelphia, PA 19146Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Strip Joint
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.phillystripjoint.com/
- Phone: 2155455790x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday–Thursday 4pm–1:00 AM
Friday 11:00 AM–2:00 AM
Saturday 10:00 AM–2:00 AM
Sunday 10:00 AM–1200 AM
Brunch Saturday and Sunday: 10am - 3pm
Happy Hour: 5-7pm daily
Late Night Specials: 11-close daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jarrett Macli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Enjoy various platters and boxed meals for office meetings and parties, showers and special events at home. New for football season- Tailgate Meals! Less time cooking, more time enjoying friends and beverages!
- Special Events: Quizo Trivia Night every Tuesday at 9pm!
A word from The Strip Joint
The Strip Joint is a value-driven steakhouse with a commitment to bringing world-class food and drink to the people at affordable prices and making everyone feel like a regular. Lawton Hospitality Group has designed The Strip Joint to bring value back to the steakhouse experience by executing a simple menu exceptionally well. With a full steak dinner for under $20, The Strip Joint is a dining destination to Center City steak lovers and visitors alike. TSJ offers a local neighborhood bar vibe complete with carefully crafted cocktails and a superb bar menu. Knowledgeable staff and a talented kitchen serve up dinner and Happy Hour 5-7 daily. Start your weekends early with lunch on Fridays, and don’t forget brunch is served Saturday and Sunday. Hell's Kitchen alum Zach Womack heads the kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Strip Joint reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (17)great for brunch (8)fit for foodies (7)romantic (7)special occasion (5)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)good for groups (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- lobster101VIPDined on 8/22/2014Wen to the Strip Joint and a delicious dinner. I had the filet and my husband the strip steak. Both were tasty and very juicy. The come with a salad and fries....very generous portions. WE ordered roasted brussel sprouts....they were very good. Definitely we will go back. OUtdoor seating was great!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in SOSNOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014We went here for a Friday night dinner with family visiting from out of town. The burger, the crab cake and pork chop were all delicious. The portion size was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak GemNew2PhillyMikeVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a great meal and enjoyed our experience so much. We sat outside and the food and the service was excellent. I love the simple pricing on the menu and the nice mix of food from NY strip to crab cakes to great starters. This is a nice neighborhood gem and I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014Loved the food and the waiter was great! Tasty food and great pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great placePoppinfreshDined on 7/15/2014I always enjoy myself here. The staff are great. My friends and i ordered a variety of steaks and they were great. Good drink prices made the whole experience a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in PhillyeagleguyDined on 7/12/2014Great place, food was awesome and great prices. A must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014The food was absolutely delicious. Our waitressed seemed more interested in socializing with others than waiting on her tables and she disappeared for a good 15 minutes even after a drink and a side were requested right after we received our meal. Thankfully, we asked the bartender (after 15 minutes of waiting for our no show waitress) who brought the side and my drink (which had been sitting on the bar) over promptly. We will be back because the food is awesome but hopefully the server will care more about the tables she has.Special Features:
- Wow!DanVSPDined on 6/15/2014My brother and I brought our father here for Father's Day. To start, as soon as we entered someone helped us. We chose to sit outdoors, which was fairly pleasurable (it was warm out, so I'm not sure how nice it would be in extreme temperatures). Our waiter was very kind and always open to assist us. The three of us started with a stuffed meatball appetizer, which was good but not worth the price. We got two meatballs...what's that?! For my entree I ordered the 10 oz New York Strip cooked medium well. It was definitely cooked and seasoned to perfection. On top of that, the French fries it was served with were amazing! The entree also came with a standard house salad which was also very good. Awesome steakhouse with a reasonable price tag.Special Features:
- Father's Day DelightladyrainDined on 6/15/2014I hadn't heard of The Strip Joint until I saw an ad on Facebook advertising for Father's Day. By virtue of the name alone, I decided to try it. It is fantastic. Everything we (my husband, daughter & I) ordered was tasty and a healthy portion. We ordered the Steak Maison, Crab cakes, Stuffed Balls, Lobster Mac 'N Cheese, Green Beans, and the Key Lime Cheesecake. All made to perfection. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially our server, Jamie. Definitely a must go for those who love a meal well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterBoobooDined on 6/15/2014Service could have and should have been better with the small amount of customers when we arrived. Dodd was very good and the wait time for what we ordered was not bad at all. Waiter walked past our table a couple of times and did not remove plates. Forgot to place a drink order, keep in mind there was only 3 other tables with guest at the time and 2 servers working. May try it agai?Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprisedPG13VIPDined on 6/15/2014We had visited the Strip Joint in its previous incarnation, as Sowe, but had not been back since it changed. The menu that was heavy on beef was a bit off-putting for dietary reasons. However, we went to the Strip Joint for Sunday brunch and found menu items, the Mussels Frittes and Breakfast Flatbread were both excellent. The service, as always, was excellent and entertaining. We'll be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/15/2014The French Toast is to die for. Omelets taste great. If you have more than one person, share. The food was worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks and serviceRightseatDined on 6/14/2014We wanted a good steak dinner and not a chain. This is the place! Good food and great prices.Special Features:
- steak n fritesrayjr13VIPDined on 6/1/2014Food was good but lack of sufficient staff spread the service too thin to be pleasant. Neighborhood is a bit eclectic and environment was pretty chill. Wouldn't recommend the place to an out of town guest but might consider giving another try one day.Special Features:
- happydinerDined on 5/18/2014Nice friendly cool place. Staff really nice, service great and friendly, stead was good, but not great. Prices are really fair.Special Features:
- Good and reasonable priced mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014Good steak at a reasonable price. Also excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night dinnerLuvphillyDined on 5/11/2014The Strip Joint is a great joint! We simply wanted a steak dinner. My daughter and I had a filet, my husband had the New York strip and my son-in-law had the burger. They were all done exactly as we asked. Salad and fries came with all the dinners. Delicious! Best fries I've had in a long time. Service was friendly. Only one complaint was it took too long for our 2nd round of drinks. Other than that I'd say our Sunday steak dinner was perfect. We'll be coming back agin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 21 reviews are from the The Strip Joint reviews archive.
- Sub Par SteakhouseBrieVIPDined on 4/27/2014I love in the neighborhood of Strip Joint and really wanted to love it as much as I loved the space's legacy restaurant, SoWe, but unfortunately there was not so much to love. The atmosphere was ok, the music was VERY loud, the food was just ok (and that's being generous), and the service was non-attentive. We went on a Sunday night, there were only a handful of diners in the place and it still took 45 minutes to get our steak entrees and they were way overcooked. Our side dish didn't even come it with our entree, but after we were finished eating. Very unimpressed.
- Sunday brunchDueceVIPDined on 4/27/2014Went for Sunday brunch on our way to the airport. Very surprising"Find" off the path! Service was excellent, menu and food were very creative, just a great overall experience. Bloody Mary's and mimosa's hit the spot! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great additionOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/26/2014The change from SoWe to TSJ has been a welcome change. The steaks, pork chop and burger are amazing. The drink list is small but well put together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunch!anniepDined on 4/20/2014Took my husband here for Easter brunch and it was splendid. Bloody Mary's were perfect and the food was great also. The guys that work there take great care of you too. Will be going again soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2014I had the most flavorful filet I've ever had in my life here! They keep it simple, you choose the steak you want, and it comes with a salad and fries. Additional sides are listed at reasonable prices. It was definitely comperable in quality to the high end restaurants in center city. The servers were great, and super friendly! I gave the service 4 stars bc one person in our party had to wait a very long time for their drink, which I thought had less to do with the servers skills than it did with a slightly helicopter owner/manager that may have impeded their flow. The ambiance was very nice, warm and inviting. I gave it 3/5 bc there was an air vent under our table that was blasting ice cold air on us. Overall, a great place with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood "joint"SouthernFoodieDined on 4/13/2014For the last night of a girls' weekend in Philly, we fount the "Joint." We expected great food, but even though we were in at 9:00pm on a Sunday night, the staff made us feel as if we'd just stopped by at a friend's home for a snack. Crab cakes first rate (and we're from DC and MD, so we know our crab), and a pork chop with creamed spinach and kale I'd put up against any DC steakhouse. And the frites!! I'll admit I almost took down a server brinting two burgers the size of Wisconsin to guests outside, but I'll save that for my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful TimeWhaley81Dined on 4/12/2014I enjoyed my evening at TSJ however we did play musical chairs at first. Then I ordered two sides with my dinner and they never came, the waiter He out them in however he never noticed that they were missing untill I said something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time eating hereDavidVIPDined on 3/29/2014Brought 2 friends in to eat and we all had a great meal with appetizers, drinks and entrees. The food was high quality and the preparation was creative. It is quickly becoming one of my go to restaurants when I want good food at a reasonable price. BTW the parking does not seem to be an issue on either the Friday or Saturday night I was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a fun time was had by all!anniepDined on 3/29/2014Once again, we truly enjoyed our meal at The Strip Joint! Service and food was excellent and we had a wonderful time. Mussels are yummy...steaks were great...and the guys loved the Joint Burger. My favorite part of that night was our cocktails!!! Delicious. I recommend the Pinup Girl drink. OUTSTANDING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great prices!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/23/2014This was our second time at the Strip Joint for a casual dinner, and we've been very happy with the food and the value. We're happy the Strip Joint is in the neighborhood, and an easy walk from our house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strip JointPNKJNDined on 3/18/2014When I told my wife I was taking my son to a Strip Joint, she was not pleased. Once she realized it was for a nice strip steak, all was forgiven. The prices are reasonable, the steak tasty and tender. Not "Ruth Chris" good, but a good value for the dollar. Nice selection of beers, and the apps were good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service!StellaDined on 3/15/2014We went to brunch at The Strip Joint on a Saturday and couldn't have been more pleased with our experience. The staff was fantastic and very attentive. I had one of the Bloody Mary's with burger slider and bacon and it was superb! The food also was fantastic and would highly recommend the pork and waffles and french toast.Special Features:
- Neighborhood SteakhouseDavidVIPDined on 3/14/2014The quality was that of any big name steakhouse but the atmosphere, intimacy and price was that of a neighborhood restaurant. It is not a large menu but everything on the menu is well prepared and designed so that no matter which protein you choose all of the side dishes will work well with it. The drinks were top shelf liquor but we're not so strong as to be overpowering or to weak. I would say that if you enjoy a eating out this is a place worth trying. I would give it 4 stars out of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, affordable steak placeBobbyDined on 3/14/2014My girlfriend and I went there this past Friday. There was no wait for our reserved table, though we sat in the bar area (at a table next to the bar), which was fine. I'd say their food menu could in general be summed up as sort of small, but covering the bases well and very well-executed; their beer list was similar. They have a fantastic whiskey list for such a small place. Service was good - nothing extraordinary, but I have no complaints. My steak was cooked just slightly more than I ordered, but it was seasoned very well, so I didn't really mind, and it was delicious. The fries are good too. The fried pickles were good, but not as sour as I would have liked; still, I don't regret getting them. Overall quite a good find.Special Features:
- nice way to start your Sunday!anniepDined on 3/9/2014Took my husband here for a birthday brunch and it was delicious. The service was great and both of us really enjoyed our breakfast and delicious bloody mary's......quite spicy and yummy! Previously went for dinner and enjoyed it so much we wanted to try the brunch. So glad we did.Special Features:
- The Strip Jointag2014Dined on 3/8/2014Dined with table of 5. Overall good value. Our steaks were well seasoned and cooked to our specifications however our frites/fries were subpar. We each got a plate of the 'bottom of the basket' - fry nubs that were pretty heavily saturated in grease. I LOVE fries but couldn't eat them. Since we came for the steaks we weren't too upset about the fries but there is HUGE room for improvement in that area. Service was good, portions were good, steaks were good, prices were good. Salad and fries- meh, nothing to write home about. Great neighborhood spot.Special Features:
- Wish it was in my neighborhood!anniepDined on 2/25/2014What a wonderful place to spend an evening! The ambience is wonderful. We were greeted by some very kind bartenders and the owner upon our arrival and then taken our table and waited on by a very friendly waiter named Owen. He knew the menu well and hooked us up with good wine and a great choice of beers. The mussels were OUTSTANDING, as well as my husband's burger and my filet. I plan on taking a crew back for dinner and also trying their brunch, which I have been told is very good. I am a Jersey girl, but heard about this place and so happy we tried it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They Over-book Themselves!FeliciaDined on 2/14/2014I had a 9:30 pm reservation there on Valentine's day. We didn't get seated until 10pm. They gave us complimentary champagne as we waited, so we stayed. After seating us, we ordered and by 11pm we still hadn't received the APPETIZER. We decided to leave and we couldn't find anyone from the staff except the bartender. I think they just over-booked themselves, but this is unacceptable, especially on Valentine's day!Special Features:
- Last Minute FindToniVIPDined on 2/14/2014Found this place Valentine's Day when the other place messed up on our reservation. The staff are attentive and pleasant and the food was good although I think they need more selections in their menu but it was an overall good experience. I will have to go back and try their brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMogilyDined on 2/14/2014I have been eating here since it was known as SOWE and the change brought on a whole new feel. The Strip Joint had the same exact feel if anything a little bit more comfortable with the darker set atmosphere. The food and the service has not changed and they bring exactly what you expect and then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Steak House EverWinegalDined on 2/8/2014Don't waste your money. The experience started from the minute we walked in the door. Food and device was terrible. How can you call yourself a steakhouse when you can't prepare a steak. Every food item we ordered was either over cooked to the point of burnt or incorrect. When I bought it up to the server (Owen) all he kept saying was it was busy. Not only was the food wrong and bad the wine service was so slow that if you want a glass with your meal forget it, or order 20 to 30 mins before you want . Hopefully this place will close soon and something worth it will open up.