The Stone Cellar
71 Gore Street East
Perth, ON K7H 1H8Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Stone Cellar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thestonecellar.com/
- Phone: 6132670200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm. Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday 5:00pm - 8:30pm. Saturday & Sunday 5:00pm - 9:30pm.
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Stone Cellar
The perfect place to enjoy friends and family over great food and wine and excellent service in a setting of warmth, style and good taste in an Heritage setting. The Stone Cellar offers a memorable dining experience for visitors and discerning Perth residents alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Stone Cellar - Best Restaurants in Perth ›
The Stone Cellar reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)special occasion (11)romantic (7)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Great atmosphere, personal service and excellent food, what else could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely ambiancedinesalotDined on 9/16/2014Although I have no real complaints about the evening, something is missing and it is hard to put my finger on just what. The best part of the experience is the decor and romantic ambiance. The food was good and nicely presented. However the menu was very limited and the choices quite ordinary. A small menu is fine if some choices are extraordinary....a surprise. There was nothing that would have really excited my palette. It is the upscale restaurant in town and paying higher prices for a special meal is just fine IF the food and wine warrants the price. Not to be entirely negative, the service was very good and we will return.....but not for a while.
- Amazing food!TheCPfamilyDined on 8/30/2014A wondeful spot in the scenic downtown Perth. Whether it's a special occasion or an intimate dinner for two this restaurant is fantastic. The food is amazing and the choice of wines will impress even the pickiest if patrons. Thank you for a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OWLandCCDined on 8/21/2014Excellent food, excellent service. Fantastic ambience, extensive wine list. When visiting Perth, make sure you eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open TableDandyDined on 8/18/2014This was the first time I used your service and it worked well. We would have liked to have been able to chose a table on line as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLike2DineDined on 8/9/2014I have been here before and liked it a lot then. I think the chef is focussing too much on presentation and not enough on taste. Presentation was gorgeous, ambience wonderful and service was excellent. Just felt our food (Caesar salad, crab cakes, steak, mashed potatoes) could have tasted as good as they looked!!
- Loved it!RobeartoDined on 7/26/2014Watched the original owner win Chopped Canada just after we moved to Perth - so we went to celebrate a birthday and could not have been happier - new owner, very personable - great staff and wine list - food was just excellent - yes, we would most definitely recommend The Stone Cellar.Special Features:
- Not the best experience2pleasedcustomersVIPDined on 7/23/2014I had the special which was fresh halibut. It was overcooked, but still tasted good. It should have been a lot better though. The chef should know how to cook a nice piece of fish. The buns they served us were hard, stale . Left most of it on the plate, as did other people. Not acceptable in a restaurant of this quality. The pear salad was good. All in all I would not go back as I felt it should have been a lot better .
- winephantomDined on 6/27/2014Really enjoyed the restaurant, food and wine. Beautiful building inside and out. My only negative on this place is that Open Table rated them at $$ when it should have been rated at a $$$. Picked the restaurant partly because of the cost factor. Was disappointed that we paid higher than we had anticipated. Of course we would not have known that until we sat down and looked over the menu. Other than that I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great spotph1158Dined on 6/14/2014Wonderful eatery in Perth! Great menu selection for lunch - variations made it really interesting. Everything was fresh. Four meals, all fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 10 reviews are from the The Stone Cellar reviews archive.
- Dining Experiencenew2townDined on 5/13/2014As a new resident to Perth, it is nice to find a restaurant where I can take friends for a leisurely lunch, everyone was more than satisfied, service was excellent and the food outstanding. It was nice and quiet and we were able to visit without having to talk loudly to be heard. On my previous visit I had two guests and we also had a lovely lunch, were able to visit without the annoying noises found in some restaurants. I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends. I often have friends come visit from the city and this is the restaurant I will always recommend. Thank you again for a lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAverageGuyDined on 5/11/2014We were two couples with reservations for Mother's Day Brunch that were seated upstairs which we liked. It was busy (mid-afternoon) although there were still a few empty tables. We ordered drinks but the waitress forgot one of the beverages and it took at least 10 minutes to get the forgotten one. The menu was very much pub-grub for the brunch and I was expecting to be able to get a more refined meal such as their dinner offerings (my mistake for not verifying the menu ahead of time). My wife ordered the quiche - very bland and cold. Once finished we had to wait a long time before our plates were removed (10 to 15 minutes) and our beverages were empty during this long wait. We decided to skip coffee and dessert.
- Anniversary DinnerBuzz93Dined on 5/6/2014Being in a rural area, there are not as many restauarants to choose from as in the city. The Stone Cellar is an excellent higher end restaurant with great amibience, food and service. A great place for a special occasion or anything for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- A great evening!mmcadooDined on 4/21/2014Perth is a small town and it's so great to have this caliber of restaurant. The menu is really good, a combination of home-style food and unique items. The portions are extemely generous, so a really good value. If you are visiting Perth, it's a great place to visit. The back patio is nice in the summer months. They offer both good lunch and dinner menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday guestBeemanDined on 4/19/2014We loved the entire experience. We were so surprised that Perth would have such a good restaurant in their village. We have been all over the world and are very particular to where we eat and we loved all of the food, the ambiance and our waitres was kind and thoughtful with her approach. We will recommend your establishment to our family and friends as we live out of town and it will require an effort to return. We will make that effort!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Meal!TwoGreatCooksDined on 3/28/2014When we arrived, the restaurant was cozy and warm with a fire lit in the fireplace and candles lit on each table. Our starter was a green salad with chevre and toasted walnuts, uniquely presented on a slate slab. I ordered the Chicken and Dumplings with Gnocchi and the birthday gal had Steak and Frites. Both meals were prepared perfectly with the medium-rare steak arriving at the table medium rare - tender as butter. The chicken breast was boned but not skinned, and had the drumette of the wing still attached - lovely presentation. Crispy skin on the outside, tender and moist on the inside - yum!!!, We ended with a warm, fudgey brownie topped with home made vanilla ice cream and a raspberry coulis. Perfection on a plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our meal after a dayramblinDined on 2/16/2014Enjoyed our meal after a day of skiing . Food was good but not great - a little lacking in flavour and my meal was cool by the time it got to the table. The restaurant was quite chilly and drafty - I recommend sitting as far from the front glass door as possible . Lovely atmosphere and fireplace. I would return and give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining in the Heart of PerthMikeyDined on 2/14/2014Great food, quiet, classy restaurant, great service. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in Perth!forestdwellerDined on 2/14/2014Truly a great restaurant that offers locally sourced ingredients in most of their menu. Great atmosphere and fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's CelebrationJim4foodDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed the dining experience, particularly the service. My wife had the beef filet and thought it was excellent. I had the Valentine's Special that included wine paring. Overall it was good. The appetizer and main course was very skimpy in its servings. I'm not a big eater but I could've done with more food. It wasn't good value for the money.Special Features: