The Stinking Rose
55 North La Cienega Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Stinking Rose
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thestinkingrose.com/
- Phone: 3106527673
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: J.C. Becerra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Four distinct rooms offer venues for events and parties of varying sizes--Michelangelo Room seats 85 under a canopy with twinkling lights and plush banquettes, all in a private setting: the Chianti Room seats 45 in an Italian Cafe setting with hanging Chianti bottles and candlelight; Dracula's Grotto, a secluded den for 42 people and the Cork Table, a long banquet table for 14 in a secluded alcove.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo Marmorino 3106527673x2
- Entertainment: Gary Sherer at the piano Thursday thru Saturday evenings from 8 pm in the Gar-Bar. Dancing and singing along to your favorite tunes.
A word from The Stinking Rose
Located on Restaurant Row in Beverly Hills, The Stinking Rose is as unique as its name--romantic tents for dining and garlic-themed rooms for special occasions or just a bite to eat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Stinking Rose reviews from OpenTable diners
288 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (176)good for groups (140)romantic (127)fit for foodies (109)neighborhood gem (53)kid-friendly (45)late-night find (39)hot spot (33)great for lunch (31)notable wine list (22)vibrant bar scene (22)great for brunch (11)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Everything Gets in the WayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014First of all - forced to use valet which is no part of the restaurant. Two People, one glass of wine, no starter dishes, and two dinner meals = $104.00 before the tip. The server was very good: Nice, knew his stuff. Attentive. But definitley does not make up for the parking and overall cost. I've had this exact same experience with less of a parking headache and at half that cost many times over. I will be revisiting those venues many times over before I step foot in here again. It's a shame, too, because it's a great idea for a restaurant with (mostly) quality food and service.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014The food was great and so was the ambiance. My fiance and I had a great time and love garlic so it was perfect for us. The portions were giant so I felt like we should have shared a meal. Would love to go back .Special Features:
- Best Birthday YetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I was surprised at the set up of the restaurant. I don't know what I expected but the reality was a marvelous surprise. Those black and white tents are so cool. The food was outstanding. Each of us had something different and everything was EXCELLENT. The short ribs melt in your mouth. that potato soup I could eat everyday. The tea, the rolls, the shrimp everything that came to our table was top notch. I can't wait to try something new on my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeKalicatDined on 9/11/2014This is my favorite special occasion go to. Can always count on it! The steaks were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Stinkin' BirthdayTomKatDined on 9/7/2014This was my first time setting up an online reservation through opentable. When my boyfriend and I arrived at the restaurant, I told the two hostesses we had reservations, they didn't bother to ask how I made them. Upon entering my reservation information I stated it would be a first visit for both of us and that we were celebrating his birthday. I also mentioned if we could get the "birthday treatment" meaning a song or a slice of cake with one candle. We didn't get any of that and no one acknowledged the fact that we were there for his 30th bday. Our server was great and the food was wonderful. Before dinner we did visit the bar area, and the bartender set the mood for how our visit would turn out... Rotten. Should've known.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014The food was amazing the only thing was the service very poor 25 minutes for a refill and didn't even smile to us one time rough but we are loyal to stinking rose we really enjoyed the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dining experiencepattihDined on 9/7/2014Our group of six enjoyed our time at the Stinking Rose. We were seated promptly, and the service was quick and efficient. It is a place to venture to and find something different....primarily GARLIC!!! If you want to try almost anything you can think of prepared with garlic, this is the place. We all enjoyed ourselves, and would go back for a special occasion, take out of town guests for something different etc. Not a place to venture to regularly for us from Orange County. The Stinking Rose lived up to our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverkillPasadenaCaDined on 9/6/2014The food was nothing you could not find anywhere else. It felt like a low end Cheese Cake Factory. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Very dissapointed, because people have said they liked it. I ordered the ribs that tasted reheated and my husband had the meatloaf that includes whole garlic cloves? Not going back.
- OutstandingDeeJayDined on 9/6/2014We dined here for my Father's 70th Birthday and it was a great overall experience. The food was fantastic and flavorful. The meat we had was so tender it fell right off the bone. We had the baby back ribs, prime rib, & short ribs. The garlic fries were nice and crispy and full of flavor. The complementary rolls were hot, fresh, & delicious. The service was also excellent. I would definitely recommend this place and come back again.Special Features:
- horrible timebimpressiveDined on 9/1/2014It's ridiculously expensive. My salad was 6.95 but because I wanted chicken in it It came to 18.95.. who charges more for an add in than what the original meal cost.?
- Ordering ConfusionOmNomNomDined on 9/1/2014I went here for my birthday. The garlic wine was interesting & not nearly as terrible as I thought it would be, but I wouldn't ask for more than a taster. The waiter started us off by asking if we wanted some garlic & olive oil to have with our bread, which we said yes to, but he failed to mention that it had anchovies. 2 people in my party didn't eat fish, & a third was a vegetarian so it was frustrating that this wasn't mentioned prior to the order. The process of ordering our main dishes & adding/substituting sides was way more difficult than it should have been. The waiter was not very clear about what came with what dish. The salmon was very dry. The waiter confused pasta with couscous. Their bday pic of me had a candle in my face.Special Features:
- FairBethanyDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I always wanted to try this place, because we LOVE GARLIC! We put pretty much garlic in everything that we make at home. However the foods that we ordered were not what we were expecting. We ordered Prawn pasta, garlic in olive oil (forgot what it's called) and the seafood soup that starts with z. Our choice of pasta was a big mistake obviously! Pasta noodles were all sticking to each other as if the noodles were sitting on someone's table for a long time. Garlic in olive oil and the soup were okay but I would NOT order that if I ever revisit. This is the first time that we ever left a restaurant without finishing even half of our dishes. I love the atmosphere and all, but did not enjoy the food at all.Special Features:
- Garlic, garlic garlic!JoZRoxDined on 8/31/2014Stinking Rose never disappoints. The food was wonderful and service was great although the waitress was a bit busy with other tables so it took longer than anticipated to take care of the check but the food and drinks came without much wait. All in all a great experience.Special Features:
- Garlic HeavenCoffeyfanDined on 8/31/2014If you LOVE garlic, this is heaven on earth. Had the 40 garlic clove chicken, it was moist, tender, & delicious. The garlic rolls are amazing. Service was excellent. Staff was very nice & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very niceBD100Dined on 8/30/2014It was nice & da server was on point & didn't miss A beat, Plus fast & friendly...It was A great dining experience from start to finishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Night OutEatOutaLotVIPDined on 8/30/2014As garlic lovers, once we saw the Stinking Rose we had to try it. The concept and the energy of the place definitely gave it a fun atmosphere. The jar of fresh garlic on the table allowed us to "spice up" the food even more. My wife and loved the garlic cheese fondue and she equally enjoyed the shrimp appetizer that she had as her meal. The Little Devil Petite Filet I had was also good but in hindsight I should have added some more garlic from the jar. We had to have the garlic ice cream for dessert - my wife liked it and I didn't dislike it but I think I still like my desserts more traditional. Daniel was an outstanding server. We had plenty of questions that he patiently answered and he made excellent recommendations.Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Horrible guest service. Made reservations, had notified the restaurant that I would be celebrating a special 40th birthday for my husband. Crammed everyone in a small booth with a table added. The restuarant was not ready for us stating that they had another private event that they were hosting upstairs??!! Cost us an arm and a leg for horrible service, horrible food and they didn't even remember what we were there for!!! So, I guess the birthday song was out of the picture!! I've been here 2 times prior and didn't have such a bad experience! But wow! Driving all the way from another city 2 hours away just to celebrate at your restaurant was the worst and most embarressing decision made!!!
- First-time experienceJBug58Dined on 8/30/2014Great service, unique food. The garlic ice cream is actually GOOD! Seating is rather cozy, but comfortable.Special Features:
- best fillet mignon ever!theboy1derDined on 8/29/2014Pros: Great food, great service! Cons: Tight space between tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014Although I had a nice time at The Stinking Rose, I can't say I was absolutely blown away. I was expecting much more of a "garlic-y" experience. The restaurant is obviously a tourist trap, with its gaudy decor and cheesy names/foods. It was something I had on my bucket list and I am glad I went. Will I be going again? Definitely not, BUT I AM glad I went. The service was prompt, the servers were friendly, and the food was just "eh". The garlic ice-cream was interesting...Tastes like vanilla ice-cream on the first bite but after you have a VERY strong garlic aftertaste. Once again though, give it a shot if its something you've been wanting to do. If not, it's not really worth the drive or effort.Special Features:
- Out of this worldPeanutDined on 8/28/2014The food is wonderful. It is one if those melt in your mouth experiences. The atmosphere was perfect. The music was set at just the right volume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun experiencefoodforthoughtDined on 8/27/2014Our group had an enjoyable time at the Stinking Rose. The staf were very personable and were very knowledable of all the dishes that we had questions about. Although the food was ok, the atmosphere and ambiance made the night very fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CostlyHomerDined on 8/26/2014Had Prime Rib. $45 for medium size cut. Guess cost was double due to Beverly Hills Zip Code. Should have gone to Lawry's across the street. Otherwise is a nice restaurant.Special Features:
- I love garlic.bmc24Dined on 8/24/2014And if you do as well, then WELCOME TO HEAVEN. Its a garlic lovers dream. The food is fantastic. Really-- you cannot go wrong with ANYTHING that you chose. I went for my most recent birthday and the staff was amazing. I will say that the host staff-- could use some managing... they were all over the place. A friend waited for 15 min in the bar, before we called her-- the host told her she was the first to arrive. They also messed up the cake that we brought. Side note: there is also NO CORKING FEE! Which we didnt realize until we got there-- but someone made a Trader Jose run and we were poppin bottles! All that aside-- the servers and staff that wait on you while you dine are AMAZING! I loved our waiter he was great!Special Features:
- enjoyed the experienceCJBreviewsDined on 8/24/2014Our trip to The Stinking Rose was a celebration for a birthday in our small group. We advised the restaurant via the booking reservation and the hostess confirmed she had the information about the event. our waiter, Aaron, was a gem. He made the first experience for those in our group fun and memorable. He was attentive and friendly and did a great job making sure everyone was happy with their order. The serving sizes are large and the price for their average dishes are a bit more than average, but there is plenty of left over for an additional meal to enjoy later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarySpecialNightDined on 8/23/2014It was mine and my girlfriends first anniversary and this spot was perfect romantic and great food. I especially appreciate that when I made the reservation I made a special note that it was our anniversary and would like to be seated in a more private location. Not only did the stinking rosé staff see to that request they also surprised us with congratulating us and taking a souvenir photo of us. It was quite a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv42Dined on 8/23/2014Very good place to entertain friends & family when in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeSochoDined on 8/23/2014It's a good place for a casual lunch or nice dinner. Food is amazing, place is beautiful and has this "something". Service is fantastic. I go there every month and never was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchy and fundorableDined on 8/21/2014It was fun, and a little bit of silly for a celebratory birthday dinner. The garlic hat and birthday song made it memorable. Obviously good for garlic lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServicehazeDined on 8/18/2014The food was amazing and being garlic lovers, we loved the strong garlic aroma and flavor with our food. We ordered the primerib and the zuppa. The portions were perfect. Everything is good except the service we received that night. It was our first time there, so we had a lot of questions about the menu and what was recommended there. The server was not very helpful and seemed annoyed at our questions. Thereafter, the server just seemed to have a bad attitude towards us. Overall, the food and ambience is great, but I was really disappointed at the service provided.Special Features:
- Prime Rib HeavengarlicloverDined on 8/18/2014I had the prime rib with crab legs. Thought they were going to be Alaskan crab but they were Dungeness. I didn't ask, just assumed they would be Alaskan, but either way it was very good. The garlic mashed potatoes were excellent and the spinach was meh. I would definitely go back and order a pasta dish or try the chicken. Drinks are expensive so be careful. Your bill will go way up with those 12.00 margaritas.Special Features:
- Great food & No corkage fee!!EllaBDined on 8/17/2014My first time to this resturant and it was great! Ordered the "Bagna Calda" - roasted garlic in olive oil and butter for spreadking on focaccia bread! Fantastic! The garlic cloves look whole, but spread like soft pads of button on the bread. All the entrees ordering my group were delicious and everyone was full at the end. BEST part was there's no corkage fee! I brought 2 bottles of wine and the waiter happily opened them for us and provided wine glasses. Where can you find this these days???Special Features:
- More GarlicYoshimiSmilesDined on 8/17/2014I could never have too much garlic!! I have been to the Stinking Rose many times, have also done team/holiday events at the restaurant. It is always a pleasure. Great ambient, great food, great service. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great flavorsAnabananaDined on 8/16/2014My bf and I have been to a few steak houses in LA and Las Vegas I must say the flavor was superb! Only thing I didn't care for was the valet. Parking is less than 40 feet and they no option to self park....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Steak is DeliciousONewDined on 8/16/2014I've had steaks at a lot of different places from Ruth's Chris to Morton's and The Stinking Rose has the best Filet Mignon hands down. It was so good I didn't even need A1 sauce. Also the crab legs are delicious.Special Features:
- Stinking deliciousJoannaDined on 8/16/2014I've been to this restaurant three times now and it's still good! I personally love garlic. This restaurant is perfect for people who loves garlic. I love their relish that you can put in everything! The only think that I wasn't fan of was the bread that they served. It wasn't freshly baked, and it was a little hard. Also, I would suggest more gluten free options to be added on their menu.Special Features:
- First time, but not the last.imsodapperDined on 8/16/2014I had always heard of The Stinking Rose, but until now I had never been. After making plans to attend a theatre event in L.A., I decided now would be a good time to try it out. I was more than pleased with every aspect of the dining experience. The decor was really well done, and even though I'd read reviews that said the "circus tent" atmosphere of the tables for 2/4 was a bit campy, I did not find it so. The waitstaff was very attentive, the food was exquisite and the wine list was abundant with choices. I had the Prime Rib, and my wife had the Sea Bass, and it couldn't have been any better. We decided to take a chance and try the garlic ice cream, and even it was delicious. It is served with a chocolate caramel sauce. Better like garlic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Juicy tasteful steaknortravellerDined on 8/13/2014Even though the steak I ordered was a bit to overcooked, it was very juicy and tasteful, the mashed potatoes as well was very good! (I asked for med-well, got as good as well done.) As always, my girlfriend did not finish her dish, and I ate the rest of her pasta, that also was very tasteful. Beware of your breath the day after, you will - stink garlic!Special Features:
- a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014This is our 4th visit over a span of 10 years..the bartender never served my husband after asking what he wanted..then we were seated 10 min later. .our server couldn't get the 3 drinks right..took 3 trys..food was not hot..one guest ask for side caesar salad and got giant main course salad..mashed potatoes and spinach were luke warm....too many waiters..none of them communicating with each other..we were there at 6..restaurant almost empty..we took friends who had never been and of course we raved about it..so after spending almost $300 we probably wont return..I hope this was a fluke and not an everyday occurrence. .so disappointed. .and I drove 50 miles to boot..
- Stinking Rose is a starMarathonMomDined on 8/10/2014Love, love, love this place! From the garlic hat for birthdays, to the aroma that will waft after you for several days, this restaurant provides a great experience. I've had both steak and seafood dishes - while none are particularly cutting edge, they are well executed, tasty, perfectly cooked and thoroughly enjoyable. Some entrees can be a tad pricy (surf and turf for example) but there are items to fit every budget from $15 pasta to $25 salmon to $35 steaks. Martinis are shaken at your table for you, and there are a few craft cocktails (Basil Lugosi anyone?). Decent wine, including a fair selection by the glass, and great wall murals for your entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.