The Stinking Rose
55 North La Cienega Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Stinking Rose
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thestinkingrose.com/
- Phone: 3106527673
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: J.C. Becerra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Four distinct rooms offer venues for events and parties of varying sizes--Michelangelo Room seats 85 under a canopy with twinkling lights and plush banquettes, all in a private setting: the Chianti Room seats 45 in an Italian Cafe setting with hanging Chianti bottles and candlelight; Dracula's Grotto, a secluded den for 42 people and the Cork Table, a long banquet table for 14 in a secluded alcove.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo Marmorino 3106527673x2
- Entertainment: Gary Sherer at the piano Thursday thru Saturday evenings from 8 pm in the Gar-Bar. Dancing and singing along to your favorite tunes.
A word from The Stinking Rose
Located on Restaurant Row in Beverly Hills, The Stinking Rose is as unique as its name--romantic tents for dining and garlic-themed rooms for special occasions or just a bite to eat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Stinking Rose reviews from OpenTable diners
303 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (188)good for groups (142)romantic (132)fit for foodies (120)kid-friendly (52)neighborhood gem (51)late-night find (40)great for lunch (39)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (25)notable wine list (25)great for brunch (15)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Garlic, garlic garlic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Stinking Rose never disappoints. The food was wonderful and service was great although the waitress was a bit busy with other tables so it took longer than anticipated to take care of the check but the food and drinks came without much wait. All in all a great experience.Special Features:
- Fun Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014As garlic lovers, once we saw the Stinking Rose we had to try it. The concept and the energy of the place definitely gave it a fun atmosphere. The jar of fresh garlic on the table allowed us to "spice up" the food even more. My wife and loved the garlic cheese fondue and she equally enjoyed the shrimp appetizer that she had as her meal. The Little Devil Petite Filet I had was also good but in hindsight I should have added some more garlic from the jar. We had to have the garlic ice cream for dessert - my wife liked it and I didn't dislike it but I think I still like my desserts more traditional. Daniel was an outstanding server. We had plenty of questions that he patiently answered and he made excellent recommendations.Special Features:
- First-time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great service, unique food. The garlic ice cream is actually GOOD! Seating is rather cozy, but comfortable.Special Features:
- best fillet mignon ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Pros: Great food, great service! Cons: Tight space between tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014Although I had a nice time at The Stinking Rose, I can't say I was absolutely blown away. I was expecting much more of a "garlic-y" experience. The restaurant is obviously a tourist trap, with its gaudy decor and cheesy names/foods. It was something I had on my bucket list and I am glad I went. Will I be going again? Definitely not, BUT I AM glad I went. The service was prompt, the servers were friendly, and the food was just "eh". The garlic ice-cream was interesting...Tastes like vanilla ice-cream on the first bite but after you have a VERY strong garlic aftertaste. Once again though, give it a shot if its something you've been wanting to do. If not, it's not really worth the drive or effort.Special Features:
- Out of this worldPeanutDined on 8/28/2014The food is wonderful. It is one if those melt in your mouth experiences. The atmosphere was perfect. The music was set at just the right volume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun experiencefoodforthoughtDined on 8/27/2014Our group had an enjoyable time at the Stinking Rose. The staf were very personable and were very knowledable of all the dishes that we had questions about. Although the food was ok, the atmosphere and ambiance made the night very fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CostlyHomerDined on 8/26/2014Had Prime Rib. $45 for medium size cut. Guess cost was double due to Beverly Hills Zip Code. Should have gone to Lawry's across the street. Otherwise is a nice restaurant.Special Features:
- I love garlic.bmc24Dined on 8/24/2014And if you do as well, then WELCOME TO HEAVEN. Its a garlic lovers dream. The food is fantastic. Really-- you cannot go wrong with ANYTHING that you chose. I went for my most recent birthday and the staff was amazing. I will say that the host staff-- could use some managing... they were all over the place. A friend waited for 15 min in the bar, before we called her-- the host told her she was the first to arrive. They also messed up the cake that we brought. Side note: there is also NO CORKING FEE! Which we didnt realize until we got there-- but someone made a Trader Jose run and we were poppin bottles! All that aside-- the servers and staff that wait on you while you dine are AMAZING! I loved our waiter he was great!Special Features:
- enjoyed the experienceCJBreviewsDined on 8/24/2014Our trip to The Stinking Rose was a celebration for a birthday in our small group. We advised the restaurant via the booking reservation and the hostess confirmed she had the information about the event. our waiter, Aaron, was a gem. He made the first experience for those in our group fun and memorable. He was attentive and friendly and did a great job making sure everyone was happy with their order. The serving sizes are large and the price for their average dishes are a bit more than average, but there is plenty of left over for an additional meal to enjoy later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarySpecialNightDined on 8/23/2014It was mine and my girlfriends first anniversary and this spot was perfect romantic and great food. I especially appreciate that when I made the reservation I made a special note that it was our anniversary and would like to be seated in a more private location. Not only did the stinking rosé staff see to that request they also surprised us with congratulating us and taking a souvenir photo of us. It was quite a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv42Dined on 8/23/2014Very good place to entertain friends & family when in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeSochoDined on 8/23/2014It's a good place for a casual lunch or nice dinner. Food is amazing, place is beautiful and has this "something". Service is fantastic. I go there every month and never was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchy and fundorableDined on 8/21/2014It was fun, and a little bit of silly for a celebratory birthday dinner. The garlic hat and birthday song made it memorable. Obviously good for garlic lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServicehazeDined on 8/18/2014The food was amazing and being garlic lovers, we loved the strong garlic aroma and flavor with our food. We ordered the primerib and the zuppa. The portions were perfect. Everything is good except the service we received that night. It was our first time there, so we had a lot of questions about the menu and what was recommended there. The server was not very helpful and seemed annoyed at our questions. Thereafter, the server just seemed to have a bad attitude towards us. Overall, the food and ambience is great, but I was really disappointed at the service provided.Special Features:
- Prime Rib HeavengarlicloverDined on 8/18/2014I had the prime rib with crab legs. Thought they were going to be Alaskan crab but they were Dungeness. I didn't ask, just assumed they would be Alaskan, but either way it was very good. The garlic mashed potatoes were excellent and the spinach was meh. I would definitely go back and order a pasta dish or try the chicken. Drinks are expensive so be careful. Your bill will go way up with those 12.00 margaritas.Special Features:
- Great food & No corkage fee!!EllaBDined on 8/17/2014My first time to this resturant and it was great! Ordered the "Bagna Calda" - roasted garlic in olive oil and butter for spreadking on focaccia bread! Fantastic! The garlic cloves look whole, but spread like soft pads of button on the bread. All the entrees ordering my group were delicious and everyone was full at the end. BEST part was there's no corkage fee! I brought 2 bottles of wine and the waiter happily opened them for us and provided wine glasses. Where can you find this these days???Special Features:
- More GarlicYoshimiSmilesDined on 8/17/2014I could never have too much garlic!! I have been to the Stinking Rose many times, have also done team/holiday events at the restaurant. It is always a pleasure. Great ambient, great food, great service. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great flavorsAnabananaDined on 8/16/2014My bf and I have been to a few steak houses in LA and Las Vegas I must say the flavor was superb! Only thing I didn't care for was the valet. Parking is less than 40 feet and they no option to self park....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Steak is DeliciousONewDined on 8/16/2014I've had steaks at a lot of different places from Ruth's Chris to Morton's and The Stinking Rose has the best Filet Mignon hands down. It was so good I didn't even need A1 sauce. Also the crab legs are delicious.Special Features:
- Stinking deliciousJoannaDined on 8/16/2014I've been to this restaurant three times now and it's still good! I personally love garlic. This restaurant is perfect for people who loves garlic. I love their relish that you can put in everything! The only think that I wasn't fan of was the bread that they served. It wasn't freshly baked, and it was a little hard. Also, I would suggest more gluten free options to be added on their menu.Special Features:
- First time, but not the last.imsodapperDined on 8/16/2014I had always heard of The Stinking Rose, but until now I had never been. After making plans to attend a theatre event in L.A., I decided now would be a good time to try it out. I was more than pleased with every aspect of the dining experience. The decor was really well done, and even though I'd read reviews that said the "circus tent" atmosphere of the tables for 2/4 was a bit campy, I did not find it so. The waitstaff was very attentive, the food was exquisite and the wine list was abundant with choices. I had the Prime Rib, and my wife had the Sea Bass, and it couldn't have been any better. We decided to take a chance and try the garlic ice cream, and even it was delicious. It is served with a chocolate caramel sauce. Better like garlic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Juicy tasteful steaknortravellerDined on 8/13/2014Even though the steak I ordered was a bit to overcooked, it was very juicy and tasteful, the mashed potatoes as well was very good! (I asked for med-well, got as good as well done.) As always, my girlfriend did not finish her dish, and I ate the rest of her pasta, that also was very tasteful. Beware of your breath the day after, you will - stink garlic!Special Features:
- a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014This is our 4th visit over a span of 10 years..the bartender never served my husband after asking what he wanted..then we were seated 10 min later. .our server couldn't get the 3 drinks right..took 3 trys..food was not hot..one guest ask for side caesar salad and got giant main course salad..mashed potatoes and spinach were luke warm....too many waiters..none of them communicating with each other..we were there at 6..restaurant almost empty..we took friends who had never been and of course we raved about it..so after spending almost $300 we probably wont return..I hope this was a fluke and not an everyday occurrence. .so disappointed. .and I drove 50 miles to boot..
- Stinking Rose is a starMarathonMomDined on 8/10/2014Love, love, love this place! From the garlic hat for birthdays, to the aroma that will waft after you for several days, this restaurant provides a great experience. I've had both steak and seafood dishes - while none are particularly cutting edge, they are well executed, tasty, perfectly cooked and thoroughly enjoyable. Some entrees can be a tad pricy (surf and turf for example) but there are items to fit every budget from $15 pasta to $25 salmon to $35 steaks. Martinis are shaken at your table for you, and there are a few craft cocktails (Basil Lugosi anyone?). Decent wine, including a fair selection by the glass, and great wall murals for your entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014I have been to The Stinking Rose on many occasions, and was looking forward to my visit this time. While the food was good, I was pretty disappointed with the very rushed service we experienced. Our server was clearing our plates as quickly as each of us finished our meals, dropping off the dessert menu while we were still eating. When he offered dessert, we explained that we wanted to wait until the last person was done eating his entree. He came back and took our dessert order, and then dropped off the check with desserts. They were busy (and I'm glad to see that); but I didn't spend $175 for 4 people for a fast food experience.Special Features:
- Umm, Umm, good!LoveGoodFoodDined on 8/9/2014My party and I absolutely love the dining experience at The Stinking Rose. I selected it because I had been there a few years ago and love garlic. As it turned out, my friends also love garlic, so it was a good choice. Everyone enjoyed their food and the ambiance, and said they would return in the future. That goes for me, too.Special Features:
- Stylish and delicious!yuckamasheDined on 8/9/2014I have dined at the stinking rose at least 5 times now. The service has always been amazing! This time our waiter was super good looking too! I have tried a few different entrees. The best is the garlic filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes! I usually don't even like mashed potatoes. The bread was super hot and fresh out of the oven. I adore the design of the decor. Its like high end vaudeville. It has the little lights hanging and black and white cabana covered private tables. I highly recommend dining here.Special Features:
- Not Happy :(OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014The Rose has become our go-to place for special milestones in our family. Service was horrible, horrible, horrible, and so was my meal, when the waitress finally did come to ask how everything was I told her my meal was not to par her response "yes its hit and miss with that dish" needless to say I did not eat a thing I look forward to that plate every time I am there Then to my surprise she left the charge on my bill I did leave a small tip and regret leaving one at all It was my sisters 40th and I tried to make the best of it for her and her son On another note I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeloving2stinkDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed the birthday celebration of my boss. Was even surprised that staff sang for her. When I just made a reservation online and indicate that we are celebrating birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great...ButBradDined on 8/8/2014The overall experience was great. However, I put in my notes on Open Table that this was a birthday and specifically requested the cake or whatever Stinking Rose had to offer. They didn't follow through with it at the restaurant. I had to go up to the front to tell them this was a birthday celebration, after we already received our bill and paid. Small overlook on their end or on Open Table, but it almost ruined a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectJackiDined on 8/8/2014Celebrated our daughter's 24th birthday here and it was just perfect all around. Our greeting, the service ensemble, the food and drinks, and the kind celebration made our first (but not last!) visit to this gem the night she had hoped for. Thank you stinking rose! Generous portions, delicious and fun drinks and great food that includes so much for all (even our vegan!).Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant, Amazing FooddocwalkerDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary dinner. The food was amazing! We had our own little table that was in a "tent" and it was nice to be secluded from everyone else. The waiter was ok. He didn't check on us as often as I would had liked, and never came back to ask if my steak was prepared how I wanted it or if the food was good. He did make a great appetizer recommendation, took our order, brought our food, and then didn't come back until it was time for the check. I didn't get a refill on my drink because the waiter was no where to be found. The food though, wow! The food was amazing. I got a prime rib and it was really really good. Definitely a great place for a special occasion. Prices were a bit steep for the quality.Special Features:
- AwesomeDined on 8/2/2014Went to celebrate my birthday! The food and service was awesome! Had a great experience...Special Features:
- Love everything about itJazzyCDined on 8/2/2014The valet service, the interior decor, the round table, the little sectional room, and the yummy food. I loved it all. Must try the garlic ice. Everyone at my table wrinkled their nose but once they tried it they all wanted more. Service was awesome and so was the live entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do Not Miss This One!!!marylDined on 8/2/2014First time in LA and I am so happy to have visited The Stinking Rose. Our waiter was outstanding-friendly without being intrusive. The decor was vibrant and unique. Little tent like table areas for anyone seeking "alone time". I had the lamb and loved it. Worth a return trip just to go dine there again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Perfection!NYBK1Dined on 8/1/2014I've been dining at the Stinking Rose BH restaurant for over ten years and the place never disappoints me. Stinking Rose BH is a must visit if your in the LA area. The menu is very diverse and they prepare everything to perfection; Sea food, steak, chicken or even veggies, take your choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of kindhiedatlapcDined on 8/1/2014It is always nice to dine at Stinking Rose. It is NOT stinking at all, like it lot!!!Special Features:
- Garlic never tasted so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Stinking Rose was amazing by far. My family and I have been dinning at the stinking Rose in LA for a very long time now. They really know how toy properly cook garlic with other foods. Everyone should seriously try this place… even if you're not a garlic lover! You won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Prime Rib in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Puts Lawrys to shame!!! Nobody does Prime Rib like the Stinking Rose. Its perfectly done every time.Special Features: