The Stinking Rose - A Garlic Restaurant
55 North La Cienega Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Stinking Rose - A Garlic Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thestinkingrose.com/
- Phone: 3106527673
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: J.C. Becerra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Four distinct rooms offer venues for events and parties of varying sizes--Michelangelo Room seats 85 under a canopy with twinkling lights and plush banquettes, all in a private setting: the Chianti Room seats 45 in an Italian Cafe setting with hanging Chianti bottles and candlelight; Dracula's Grotto, a secluded den for 42 people and the Cork Table, a long banquet table for 14 in a secluded alcove.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo Marmorino 3106527673x2
- Entertainment: Gary Sherer at the piano Thursday thru Saturday evenings from 8 pm in the Gar-Bar. Dancing and singing along to your favorite tunes.
A word from The Stinking Rose - A Garlic Restaurant
Located on Restaurant Row in Beverly Hills, The Stinking Rose is as unique as its name--romantic tents for dining and garlic-themed rooms for special occasions or just a bite to eat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Stinking Rose - A Garlic Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
293 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (183)good for groups (137)romantic (127)fit for foodies (118)neighborhood gem (61)hot spot (40)kid-friendly (37)late-night find (33)great for lunch (31)notable wine list (22)vibrant bar scene (20)scenic view (10)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Birthday delightSamiamDined on 10/18/2014Always look forward to coming here for birthday celebrations with friends and family! You can never go wrong with the crab feast! Gotta come back and try the scrumptious looking prime rib. Atmosphere in Dracula's Grotto was fun. Nice to see other patrons enjoying good food and conversation!Special Features:
- Fast Food???OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We sat down within 5 min upon arriving..took another 5 min to look over the menu...waiter came very nice took our order left came back under 5 mins! with our dinner! We had not even started to have a conversation...as shocked as we were the food was good not what we has expected coming to a Garlic restaurant it had very little hints of Garlic ??? We eat being shocked ordered dessert and again within a min it was served to the table...our entire dining experience was over with in 40 mins??? This was not the experience I was hoping for very confusing about what you are trying to do it was like fast food speed! Our night out was over before it began! very disappointed to say the least...
- Wonderful food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014I truly love this place...as I LOVE garlic! The service is exquisite, and the menu has a variety of choices from poultry to seafood.Special Features:
- awesomeyummyDined on 10/14/2014We went there because it was on Top Garlic Spots on TV. Was not disappointed. Great place with an amazing interior, valet parking, and the best food I've had in a long time. Thanks for the easy reservation process and the great food and service. We will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014The place was great but when you order your food they bring it so quickly that it seems like they are rushing you to eat and leave.Special Features:
- Best waiter everKrisVIPDined on 10/11/2014Luke was great, Table 13. Food as usual very good. Busboys need to handle less items while moving fast they dropped a whole bottle of water on my friend and I :-(Special Features:
- prime ribRicoDined on 10/11/2014If you are a prime rib enthusiast, they cook the best prime rib in town, perfect in every garlicky way!Special Features:
- great stinkawesomeVIPDined on 10/10/2014Loved the vampire themed decor(makes sense), the vampire rm was a lil cold but bearable.the service was good.the food was good,portions were huge..gals can share a meat plate(not the ny steak,that was small) but crab &prime rib was ginormous!!staff participated in bday/anny surprise for my bf.Thks stinking roseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Restaurantaddie397Dined on 10/10/2014I requested a secluded table for my boyfriend and I to spend a romantic evening, and The Stinking Rose did everything they could to accommodate us. We arrived almost half an hour early for our reservations, yet were seated right away. Our server Nick gave us all of his top picks from the menu (he had A LOT to say) and we were able to pick and choose based on his help. We ordered the Neon ravioli and Filet Mignon. Both were absolutely delicious!! The garlic bread they served was also really good, with olive oil and garlic to dip it in. All the food was hot when it was brought to us, including the bread. All in all, I really enjoyed this restaurant and will be back for more!Special Features:
- Expensive, but goodGreygariousDined on 10/8/2014One appetizer, two entrees and two glasses of wine ran upwards of $85, so it is not a cheap place by any means. We had the garlic appetizer, which is basically just garlic in oil, but it's good. She had the halibut and I had the chicken and asparagus. Both were delicious. Everything was delicious and it has a nice atmosphere and good service as well. It's not someplace I'd go often, but for a special occasion it's a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceNiloDined on 10/7/2014The food was decent but nothing we had ordered really stood out. The decor is fun and inviting. The service was excellent, very attentive and genuine. Definitely worth trying at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For garlic loversAudreyDDined on 10/6/2014Beware vampires! The food at The Stinking Rose is to die for. The 3 of us had Dungeness Crab with a couple of sides, totally awesome. The flavour was exceptional....garlic, garlic, garlic, even the ice cream, which by the way is super delicious. I recommend this amazing restaurant to anyone even gonna garlic lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garlic Hats really for Bdays?LatinaFoodie69Dined on 10/5/2014Everything was great except I informed our waitress that my dad and I were BOTH celebrating Bdays. Mine on 10/2 and dad's on 10/4. Well, she only brought 1 garlic hat and 1 garlic ice cream. Just a tad disappointed since our tab was over $400...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyDateNightLovelyDateNightDined on 10/4/2014The evening was great I chose The Stinking Rose and we both loved it the relaxed environment. I ordered the 1/2 garlic chicken.... it was great. I even tried a new cocktail recommended by our server. Loved the Garlic Pod Birthday hats... so cute. Will go again.Special Features:
- Great for small groups.SeversonDined on 9/28/2014Great ambience, food, privacy, drinks. I would recommend this place to anyone that loves garlic. Menu end dessert are garlic galore. Didn't look like a place for families with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good lunch placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I visited on same day for lunch and dinner. Lunch was slow didn't see many customers but also the service. and I ordered baked brie for lunch and dinner. Why are they so different? the lunch baked brie looks like they gathered all the left over brie from dinner and just melt it with some left over spinach from last night's steak combo. I am not kidding. Lunch brie had spinach or similar veggies in it and brie had lost it's shape and looked like a cheese soup. But dinner baked brie looks like a brie and had no veggie in it!Special Features:
- Stinking RoseDinnerDined on 9/27/2014I loved it. It was for a special ocassion and we were very well cared for by Ryan our server. He was nice, friendly and funny. Very enjoyable. It was a little loud. Since there wasn't an option for loud, I had no choice but to choose energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyforthetummyDined on 9/27/2014the food was delicious. If you love garlic, this is the place! My brother was celebrating his birthday and the restaurant put a giant garlic clove hat on his head. garlic ice cream-very interesting! we had fun and it was an enjoyable night out. Service was really impeccable.Special Features:
- Anniversary DatefattyforeverDined on 9/26/2014My second visit here to try other entrees. The food was absolutely delicious. I thought the items be drenched in garlic but they weren't. Calamari and the shrimp was perfectly portion. The prime rib slab with crab side was on point - soft, buttery flavourful. Fell in love with the strawberry cheesecake - nice sweetness to cleanse the palate. Garlic ice cream was provided as anniversary gift to us as a surprise with their garlic hat for a Kodak moment. Besides that they forgot my glass of wine order (same thing happened last time, funny), the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!BrazilBabeVIPDined on 9/26/2014Love this place! Food was delicious! From the garlic bread to the garlic appetizer to the crab legs! So good! Love the ambiance too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2014We have been here many times and tried everything on the menu. Never disappointed in the food, and the service is always good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacePajewnoDined on 9/21/2014My family and I came here to try it out. We were amazed with the decor and the many kinds of food that could contain garlic. We did have a slow waiter service but overall we were happy with the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulAdrienneDined on 9/20/2014We had a group of 8 and they made plenty of room for us! Our reservations were at 5pm which was best because we were able to get in and out before the crowd!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So, so restaurantmittDined on 9/19/2014We had heard great things about this restaurant so we made the 50 mile trek to LA to try it. The striped canopies made it feel as though we were eating in a circus tent....the food was simply OK. We all had something different for entrees and none were outstanding. We shared the Louisiana shrimp tureen and we all thought it was delicious, so that's a plus. As my heading states, it was just a so, so restaurant. Nothing outstanding but the appetizer. Disappointing from that point on.
- Stinking Rose has great serviceCinducciDined on 9/17/2014Great service and food was delicious. The filet mignon was very tender. The short ribs were full of flavor. The restaurant even took notice of the notes in the reservation mentioning we were celebrating a birthday. The Happy Birthday presentation was really fun with the waiters singing Happy Birthday as the birthday boy wore a 'Garlic Hat'. The food was good, the service excellent and the atmosphere fun. We will go back.Special Features:
- Everything Gets in the WayFoodJediDined on 9/14/2014First of all - forced to use valet which is no part of the restaurant. Two People, one glass of wine, no starter dishes, and two dinner meals = $104.00 before the tip. The server was very good: Nice, knew his stuff. Attentive. But definitley does not make up for the parking and overall cost. I've had this exact same experience with less of a parking headache and at half that cost many times over. I will be revisiting those venues many times over before I step foot in here again. It's a shame, too, because it's a great idea for a restaurant with (mostly) quality food and service.Special Features:
- Delicious!gabster10Dined on 9/12/2014The food was great and so was the ambiance. My fiance and I had a great time and love garlic so it was perfect for us. The portions were giant so I felt like we should have shared a meal. Would love to go back .Special Features:
- Best Birthday Yetbig3clovesDined on 9/12/2014I was surprised at the set up of the restaurant. I don't know what I expected but the reality was a marvelous surprise. Those black and white tents are so cool. The food was outstanding. Each of us had something different and everything was EXCELLENT. The short ribs melt in your mouth. that potato soup I could eat everyday. The tea, the rolls, the shrimp everything that came to our table was top notch. I can't wait to try something new on my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeKalicatDined on 9/11/2014This is my favorite special occasion go to. Can always count on it! The steaks were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!yummyDined on 9/10/2014My girlfriend & I love this place! It has to be our new favorite restaurant! Food is so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Stinkin' BirthdayTomKatDined on 9/7/2014This was my first time setting up an online reservation through opentable. When my boyfriend and I arrived at the restaurant, I told the two hostesses we had reservations, they didn't bother to ask how I made them. Upon entering my reservation information I stated it would be a first visit for both of us and that we were celebrating his birthday. I also mentioned if we could get the "birthday treatment" meaning a song or a slice of cake with one candle. We didn't get any of that and no one acknowledged the fact that we were there for his 30th bday. Our server was great and the food was wonderful. Before dinner we did visit the bar area, and the bartender set the mood for how our visit would turn out... Rotten. Should've known.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014The food was amazing the only thing was the service very poor 25 minutes for a refill and didn't even smile to us one time rough but we are loyal to stinking rose we really enjoyed the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dining experiencepattihDined on 9/7/2014Our group of six enjoyed our time at the Stinking Rose. We were seated promptly, and the service was quick and efficient. It is a place to venture to and find something different....primarily GARLIC!!! If you want to try almost anything you can think of prepared with garlic, this is the place. We all enjoyed ourselves, and would go back for a special occasion, take out of town guests for something different etc. Not a place to venture to regularly for us from Orange County. The Stinking Rose lived up to our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverkillPasadenaCaDined on 9/6/2014The food was nothing you could not find anywhere else. It felt like a low end Cheese Cake Factory. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Very dissapointed, because people have said they liked it. I ordered the ribs that tasted reheated and my husband had the meatloaf that includes whole garlic cloves? Not going back.
- OutstandingDeeJayDined on 9/6/2014We dined here for my Father's 70th Birthday and it was a great overall experience. The food was fantastic and flavorful. The meat we had was so tender it fell right off the bone. We had the baby back ribs, prime rib, & short ribs. The garlic fries were nice and crispy and full of flavor. The complementary rolls were hot, fresh, & delicious. The service was also excellent. I would definitely recommend this place and come back again.Special Features:
- horrible timebimpressiveDined on 9/1/2014It's ridiculously expensive. My salad was 6.95 but because I wanted chicken in it It came to 18.95.. who charges more for an add in than what the original meal cost.?
- Ordering ConfusionOmNomNomDined on 9/1/2014I went here for my birthday. The garlic wine was interesting & not nearly as terrible as I thought it would be, but I wouldn't ask for more than a taster. The waiter started us off by asking if we wanted some garlic & olive oil to have with our bread, which we said yes to, but he failed to mention that it had anchovies. 2 people in my party didn't eat fish, & a third was a vegetarian so it was frustrating that this wasn't mentioned prior to the order. The process of ordering our main dishes & adding/substituting sides was way more difficult than it should have been. The waiter was not very clear about what came with what dish. The salmon was very dry. The waiter confused pasta with couscous. Their bday pic of me had a candle in my face.Special Features:
- FairBethanyDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I always wanted to try this place, because we LOVE GARLIC! We put pretty much garlic in everything that we make at home. However the foods that we ordered were not what we were expecting. We ordered Prawn pasta, garlic in olive oil (forgot what it's called) and the seafood soup that starts with z. Our choice of pasta was a big mistake obviously! Pasta noodles were all sticking to each other as if the noodles were sitting on someone's table for a long time. Garlic in olive oil and the soup were okay but I would NOT order that if I ever revisit. This is the first time that we ever left a restaurant without finishing even half of our dishes. I love the atmosphere and all, but did not enjoy the food at all.Special Features:
- Garlic, garlic garlic!JoZRoxDined on 8/31/2014Stinking Rose never disappoints. The food was wonderful and service was great although the waitress was a bit busy with other tables so it took longer than anticipated to take care of the check but the food and drinks came without much wait. All in all a great experience.Special Features:
- Garlic HeavenCoffeyfanDined on 8/31/2014If you LOVE garlic, this is heaven on earth. Had the 40 garlic clove chicken, it was moist, tender, & delicious. The garlic rolls are amazing. Service was excellent. Staff was very nice & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.