The Stinking Rose - A Garlic Restaurant
55 North La Cienega Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Stinking Rose - A Garlic Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thestinkingrose.com/
- Phone: (310) 652-7673
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: J.C. Becerra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Four distinct rooms offer venues for events and parties of varying sizes--Michelangelo Room seats 85 under a canopy with twinkling lights and plush banquettes, all in a private setting: the Chianti Room seats 45 in an Italian Cafe setting with hanging Chianti bottles and candlelight; Dracula's Grotto, a secluded den for 42 people and the Cork Table, a long banquet table for 14 in a secluded alcove.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo Marmorino 3106527673x2
- Entertainment: Gary Sherer at the piano Thursday thru Saturday evenings from 8 pm in the Gar-Bar. Dancing and singing along to your favorite tunes.
A word from The Stinking Rose - A Garlic Restaurant
Located on Restaurant Row in Beverly Hills, The Stinking Rose is as unique as its name--romantic tents for dining and garlic-themed rooms for special occasions or just a bite to eat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Stinking Rose - A Garlic Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (171)good for groups (124)fit for foodies (112)romantic (105)neighborhood gem (53)hot spot (39)kid-friendly (33)great for lunch (29)late-night find (28)notable wine list (18)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (6)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014We've been to this restaurant many times and it never disappoints. Sometimes we come in date nights and other with the whole family and they always accommodate. We never wait long and the service is quick and friendly. The food is great and they have many decent wines and drink options. The bar is fun too for a date nite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2014This was our first visit. I have been wanting to try the restaurant for years. I loved the atmosphere from the moment you walk in the door. The food was delicious. All the Garlic you could want! The service was friendly and quick. We were seeing a show down the street and I was afraid we may have to rush, but there was no need. Everything we ordered came out quickly. The steamed clams were great! I could have eaten another bowl. The new spaghetti and meatballs delicious! And their rolls. i'll take a bag thank you! Great place! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We LOVED it!!!!Lou4FoodDined on 11/20/2014We've long wanted to try this restaurant and finally did. We were NOT disappointed! The garlic meatloaf and the prime rib were excellent. We were running a little late for a show at the Saban Theater and the server was sensitive to that, making sure we received our meals quicklly so we could enjoy them. We plan on returning, particularly, for special occasions and with visiting family members. Great find of an old L. A. staple!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Flavors!OrangeCountyKathiDined on 11/16/2014This was my 2nd time at Stinking Rose, & my memories did not decieve me! Not only was the decor over the top, but the food was fantastic, served quickly, & perfectly to our tastes. The prime rib was out of this world, & the Bagna Calda didnt' disappoint! The food was flavorful & though somewhat basic, was artfully presented. The wait staff was courteous & attentive & met our needs quickly. Our party of 5 60-something women was dazzled & pleased that our questions didn't frustrate! Excellent experience & I will come again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garlic and Tim BurtonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Going to eat at the Stinking Rose us like having dinner on a Tim Burton set with really good food. The décor and settings are amazing and makes for a very good dining experience. The plates are on the expensive side, about $20 and up per person, however its worth every cent. The garlic chicken and pork chop are my favorite. I recommend the 'caldo bagno' or 'hot bath' which is roasted garlic cloves in olive oil and served with rolls. It spreads like butter and you will be vampire proofed after a couple of rolls. The service is excellent and the waiters are great. Make sure you ask to see the "Dracula" dinning room. Its a great place to take a date. Stop by the cool bar near the entrance on the way in ..or outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time aroundLolaAviseDined on 11/15/2014This was my second time at this restaurant brought my friend for her bday. Not a huge fan of garlic but I felt it was over priced for what we ordered. The shrimp were decent in size but I've had bigger and better. Probably won't be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegans Not Welcome At The Stinking Rosekem99Dined on 11/15/2014We could not have been more disappointed in our recent trip to The Stinking Rose. We had been there once before and liked it a lot. On that prior occasion, my wife, who is vegan, was able to get a pasta dish -- that we were assured was vegan by our waitress -- that she liked a lot. With that in mind, we picked The Stinking Rose for a birthday celebration and make the trip up from South Orange County with our two 4 year old daughters on a Saturday evening. After being seated, my wife asked the waiter what he recommended. The waiter went back to the kitchen to talk with the chef. Upon returning, he told us that the only dish they had was a Portobello Mushroom on vegetables and "maybe" they could make a salad work. A pasta dish was not available because it had egg in it, as did their "meatless meatball". The entirety of their "vegan menu" was comprised of the Portobello Mushroom dish, "maybe" a salad (which is under the Appetizers section of the menu) and a side dish of grilled vegetables. That's it. One entree, an appetizer (maybe, not sure about the dressings) and a side dish. They did not even have bread that did not already have butter on it. The big problem being that my wife does not like mushrooms and was looking forward to having the pasta dish she had before. This means that either the waitress got it wrong on our prior visit in which case my wife ate something that was not vegan or The Stinking Rose has since changed their menu to be anti-vegan. Either way it is unacceptable, especially in Los Angeles of all places in a restaurant based on a vegetable. I was shocked and it ruined our evening and birthday celebration. The manager on duty made an effort, including going down the street to get a Udon dish from another restaurant for my wife, but that turned out to have mushrooms in it as well. We won't be back since she cannot eat there and will not recommend it to anyone based on The Stinking Rose's apparent anti-vegan stance. Beyond disappointing.
- Garlic!!!!!kristykfoxDined on 11/15/2014We came to celebrate my and my husbands birthday with a group of ten, the food was exactly what I had remembered, to say that I LOVE garlic is an understatement. The food and the service were great, we always had someone at our table refilling drinks, asking if there was anything we needed, and food and drinks came out in a very timely matter. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Stinking Rose Rocks The Taste BudsGarlickyDined on 11/14/2014I've been dining at Stinking Rose for the last five years and have yet to experience a mediocre meal or less than stellar service. I spend every birthday there and every special occasion in between. The food is absolutely delectable and staffing personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best place to enjoy the Garlic you love.RonRDined on 11/14/2014If you are a garlic lover you have got to go here. Service was great. Food was wonderful. I cannot wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved it for sure going backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014EVERYTHING was wonderful this is now my favorite restaurant... Will for sure go back and if you are thinking about going... GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CalamityDined on 11/11/2014Great food, great ambience, and superb service! We will definitely return and bring friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Big DisappointmentPaulaDined on 11/10/2014We chose this restaurant for a special occasion, but won't go back again. Our Caesar salad was tasteless: no anchovies, no garlic flavor, white ice berg lettuce, few "out of a package" croutons. When we finished it, we saw cheese that should have been on the top on the bottom of the bowl! We were not given new forks for our entrees. The prime rib my husband ordered medium rare came medium and had to be sent back. I ordered halibut, which was good, but the potatoes and asparagus were cold. Waiters were anxious to take plates off the table, even our bread dishes with uneaten rolls still on them! Because my husband's dish came back later, I was finished first and the servers took my dish while my husband was still eating....quite rude, I'd say. I mentioned that this was a special occasion, but no one offered us the special dessert others around us received. I felt we were rushed out the door, as the entire time we were in the restaurant was 50 minutes. It was a very disappointing meal for what should have been a special time for us. Next time we want prime rib, we'll go to Lawry's across the street!
- Tourist TrapStinkyDined on 11/9/2014The service was good but not great, waitstaff was friendly but a little inattentive. The steak was edible but lacked any real flavor. The side vegetables were inedible and not to be picky but I ordered my steak medium rare but it was meduim well. I have wanted to try this restaurant for many years so it was a bit of a dissappointment but I'm glad I did try it. It was not horrible, it just didn't live up to the hype.Special Features:
- Disappointing this timerugratrnVIPDined on 11/9/2014Food was mediocre and cold... Disappointing because we enjoyed previous visitsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencedglickDined on 11/9/2014Really enjoyed the Stinking Rose. The food was well-prepared and unique and interesting. Strange that every dish we ordered turned out a little different than we expected. Not bad, just different. We enjoyed it and would go back again.Special Features:
- A must-eat there.TavoDined on 11/8/2014Great location, awesome food. A little on the expensive side, but great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great AtmosphereTime4FunDined on 11/7/2014I haven't had anything I didn't love but the garlic ice cream is my favorite item on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stinking awesome!!Lakers246Dined on 11/7/2014All the elements in this restaurant click. It was a date for me... But I can see birthdays and other celebrations going well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeluvgarlicDined on 11/6/2014Service and good were excellent. I was here a few years ago and the quality and service were just as good now as it was then. Worth the trip.Special Features:
- PippiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Great food, prices, and ambiance. I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family. Well worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodDaredevilDined on 11/1/2014I've allways had a good time here. I've had almost everything on the menu and let me tell you, it's all awesome. I used to go to Lawry's across the street. ever since I started going to the stinkng rose 12 yeas ago, I'll never go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The STANKIN' rosegarlicloversDined on 11/1/2014EVERYTHING was awesome! The food was great, my entire family enjoyed it. My father enjoyed his halibut, it had a good flavor although the piece was rather small. That was the only problem with it. My mother enjoyed her birthday dinner. It was all good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Reasonable, and FUN!rjmrobinDined on 10/30/2014This restaurant, which is also in San Francisco, is known far and wide for its unique theme, delicious food, and it's fun! It's ALL GARLIC, all the time! Enjoy. The prices are comparatively reasonable, too. You don't want to come to L.A. without this experience. (Oh, take an anti-acid medicine before eating; very rich food for some. But fantastic! Worth it!)Special Features:
- Must Experience The Stinking RosePickyEaterDined on 10/28/2014The food was delicious, decor amazing and privacy in abundance. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I will definitely return to this restaurant. The best Italian food I've had since the last time I was in Italy. I highly recommend the Gnocchetti! Wonderful 4 top tables with curtains you can actually close for complete privacy. Reminiscent of a Bedouin tent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overrateddc18VIPDined on 10/25/2014For what it is..it is OK. Food was not impressive. Will not return. I mentioned it was my friend's birthday and nothing special was done.
- Fabulous as always!KalicatDined on 10/21/2014This place never ceases to amaze us. It has become our favorite "out for nice dinner" place. The service is always great and we enjoy the wit and humor of the waiter. It was my sons 30th bday so thanks for another great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Anniversary Lunch!gennybeanDined on 10/20/2014My husband and I went there for our anniversary for Lunch/Dinner. We loved the all the art work and the music, the waitress was very cool and friendly to joke around with. The lamb shank was very good and super tender and didn't need a knife and those bones were clean after i was done. My husband had meatloaf and thought it was the best meatloaf he's ever had and don't tell his mom about that. I can't wait until the next time go there aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stinks so goodMattmanDined on 10/19/2014Everything garlic! So well done! didn't have that horrible next morning tongue stuck to the pillow garlic aftermathSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd Time HerefattyforeverDined on 10/18/2014Today, I went for a friend's birthday celebration. I had ordered the Braised Short Ribs. It was good in taste but slightly hard. My boyfriend ordered the usual Prime Rib slab with Crab - which is always fabulous in taste and soft. The group shared a ordered of Mussels, Shrimps, and Crabs - was disappointment in the mussels, really overcooked and the size of the mussels were tiny like small pieces of garlic. The service wasn't too great today. The server wasn't around often like the other times I have been here. We were waiting often for drinks or drinks to be refilled. Even at the end of the meal, we had to go out to look for the server so they can bring out the birthday cake we had ordered.Special Features:
- Birthday delightSamiamDined on 10/18/2014Always look forward to coming here for birthday celebrations with friends and family! You can never go wrong with the crab feast! Gotta come back and try the scrumptious looking prime rib. Atmosphere in Dracula's Grotto was fun. Nice to see other patrons enjoying good food and conversation!Special Features:
- Fast Food???OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We sat down within 5 min upon arriving..took another 5 min to look over the menu...waiter came very nice took our order left came back under 5 mins! with our dinner! We had not even started to have a conversation...as shocked as we were the food was good not what we has expected coming to a Garlic restaurant it had very little hints of Garlic ??? We eat being shocked ordered dessert and again within a min it was served to the table...our entire dining experience was over with in 40 mins??? This was not the experience I was hoping for very confusing about what you are trying to do it was like fast food speed! Our night out was over before it began! very disappointed to say the least...
- Wonderful food!IslandlegendsDined on 10/18/2014I truly love this place...as I LOVE garlic! The service is exquisite, and the menu has a variety of choices from poultry to seafood.Special Features:
- Awsome!!LittolegsDined on 10/17/2014Great place to dine!! Food was excellent, the waitor was extremely nice and helpful and the ambiance was great! Had a great experience. Would totally recommend this place to friends.Special Features:
- awesomeyummyDined on 10/14/2014We went there because it was on Top Garlic Spots on TV. Was not disappointed. Great place with an amazing interior, valet parking, and the best food I've had in a long time. Thanks for the easy reservation process and the great food and service. We will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014The place was great but when you order your food they bring it so quickly that it seems like they are rushing you to eat and leave.Special Features:
- Best waiter everKrisVIPDined on 10/11/2014Luke was great, Table 13. Food as usual very good. Busboys need to handle less items while moving fast they dropped a whole bottle of water on my friend and I :-(Special Features:
- prime ribRicoDined on 10/11/2014If you are a prime rib enthusiast, they cook the best prime rib in town, perfect in every garlicky way!Special Features:
- great stinkawesomeVIPDined on 10/10/2014Loved the vampire themed decor(makes sense), the vampire rm was a lil cold but bearable.the service was good.the food was good,portions were huge..gals can share a meat plate(not the ny steak,that was small) but crab &prime rib was ginormous!!staff participated in bday/anny surprise for my bf.Thks stinking roseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Restaurantaddie397Dined on 10/10/2014I requested a secluded table for my boyfriend and I to spend a romantic evening, and The Stinking Rose did everything they could to accommodate us. We arrived almost half an hour early for our reservations, yet were seated right away. Our server Nick gave us all of his top picks from the menu (he had A LOT to say) and we were able to pick and choose based on his help. We ordered the Neon ravioli and Filet Mignon. Both were absolutely delicious!! The garlic bread they served was also really good, with olive oil and garlic to dip it in. All the food was hot when it was brought to us, including the bread. All in all, I really enjoyed this restaurant and will be back for more!Special Features: