The Steakhouse at Harrah's - Harrah's Reno
219 North Center Street
Reno, NV 89501Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
The Steakhouse at Harrah's - Harrah's Reno
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.harrahsreno.com/casinos/harrahs-reno/restaurants-dining/harrahs-steak-house-detail.html
- Phone: 7757882929x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:45pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Harris
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: $10 self parking fee on applicable Special Events nights. Mention your Steak House reservation to have fee waived.
A word from The Steakhouse at Harrah's - Harrah's Reno
Harrah's Award Winning Steak House.Continued
Turn an ordinary meal into extraordinary dinning occasion.
Turn an ordinary meal into extraordinary dinning occasion.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Steakhouse at Harrah's - Harrah's Reno - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
The Steakhouse at Harrah's - Harrah's Reno reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)romantic (93)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (24)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Absolutely exceeded what we had expected. This is a hidden gem we will be back. BeautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The food and service was outstanding, it's definitely expensive though!Special Features:
- A Reno GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Virtually unchanged since it opened it is a local gem. Consistently excellent food and service. It is a classic and classy steak house. Good for business or a special occasion. A bit pricey but worth every penny. Sure to please. Go enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The Service was outstanding as well as the food. We enjoyed ourselves to the fullest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer Servicekriskom1959Dined on 10/16/2014My experience was outstanding from the food to the excellent customer service. Thank you.Special Features:
- mauigirl7399Dined on 10/11/2014I just love this place.every time i dine here and by chance an item is not on the menu they are more than happy to make the requested dish. Its a old school steakhouseSpecial Features:
- Wonderful, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Our only complaints are that one of the steaks had to be sent back because it was under-done. I ordered a baked potato with my meal and was only offered butter and sour cream. I asked about bacon and cheese and was informed that they did not have that. Really???? Other than that it was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointingboomerDined on 10/10/2014Service was rushed from the beginning to end, food marginal at best. We are Reno residents and have dined there many times . This used to be a very special restaurant....not any more. We will not go back. Tried to write an e-mail to Harrah's, their website didn't have that communicaton option. A very dissapointing experience!!!!!
- Reno, But Not World, Classeager2enjoyDined on 10/4/2014Attentive service in a traditional, old Reno atmosphere. While I recommed the experience, my wife had something happen that would never happen in a world-class steakhouse. She ordered an appetizer and a baked potato---that's it...nothing more. Potato came out raw and uncooked and, while it was only 7:45 PM, the waiter said that was their last potato. "Ok, then I'll have the baked sweet potato." Nope...out of those as well. Not the end of the world, just the end of any consideration of this restaurant as a 5 star destination. Everything else was fine, but if a steakhouse is open until 10 PM, how do you not have a single potato by 7:45 ?Special Features:
- Simply incredibleJGeeEnDined on 10/4/2014I don't know where to begin with a review of this restaurant. It was truly an amazing meal and probably the best dining experience I've ever had. The little details are amazing - from the palate cleanser to the hot towels at the end of the meal. While it is not an inexpensive meal, it is worth every penny and then some. Everyone at Harrah's Steakhouse made us feel like we were the most important people there. We will definitely be going back for our next anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- geoegeDined on 9/29/2014Always good service - especially our head waiter who has been there for years. The steak diane cooked at tableside was wonderful. Champagne/sherbet cleanse between courses is delicious!! Can't wait for next special occasion!!!Special Features:
- FABULOUS AS ALWAYS!SHYDIDined on 9/28/2014To the Team at the Steak House at Harrah's Reno....Thank you for ALWAYS making a dining event "Extra Special"! My husband & I & 2 friends dined there on last Sunday night before we attended the show in Sammy's Showroom! It is so very wonderful to still have a restaurant that takes so much pride in every detail@ My husband worked as a 21 dealer at Harrah's while we were in college in Reno in the early 70's and we think of Harrah's Reno as a very special place for dining and entertainment! Thanks again for a great evening! Sheila PontiusSpecial Features:
- Steak house at Harrahs RenodiamondstarDined on 9/26/2014The whole experience was wonderful from the food to the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply ... the bestjanpthomas1Dined on 9/26/2014I first tried this old fashion steak house over thirty years ago when I lived in Santa Cruz. CA. Having moved to this area recently, I have tried most of the major steak houses here and none have lived up to my expectations and the perfection of Harrah's.
- service exceeds foods abilitiesBloodbrewDined on 9/25/2014If you are trying for the filet mignon and normally get medium rare, go for the rare as they will tend to overcook it to medium with a well exterior. The half of duck is seasoned well on the outside but comes up short two stars on quality. The service is really above par and ordering anything that is cooked table-side is a treat and worth it. One switch with the meat vendor and this place would rival some places in New Orleans. The devil's coffee makes an excellent drink choice and it flavored well with multiple liqueurs. This is a pricey stop with a great atmosphere and excellent service where the food just doesn't seem to reach the heights of the locale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nostalgia44Dined on 9/16/2014We enjoy the fact that we can count on the same good food and service. So many steak houses have gone away in Las Vegas like ours at the Flamingo. They can not be replaced. Thank you for giving us that wonderful experience we have grown to love. Ozzie and staff wonderful...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantasticwabash21VIPDined on 9/15/2014This is what a great restaurant should be , the food, the service, all just wonderful. The room is what steakhouse should be, elegant The service and food was outstanding as always, will always make an effort to go back anytime I'm in Reno.Special Features:
- Magnificent DinnerRHananDined on 9/14/2014Downstairs the dark dining room immediately transforms into a magnificent dining experience unlike anything topside. Immense flavors awaken your tastebuds....course after course you can't believe what you've been missing all of your life. Each bite better than the last. Wait staff eager to please, scurrying the floors to satisfy your every desire, and with such grace. Your wildest craving of the most amazing concoctions are sure to haunt you until you return to feast again. 10 out of 10 without a doubt or hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The prime rib is the best in town! Serious steak house atmosphere, coffee especially good. Dramatic service with lots of flamed items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- melvinDined on 9/8/2014Great food and service. Our server, Izzie, had terrific recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulcasdeaDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I have eaten at the Steak House for over 25 years and it has always been perfect. We just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversity on the 5th of September at the restaurant and the night was special. Our waiter Bonds surprised us with a wonderful chocolate mousse cake dessert celebrating our forty years together. Great food, Great service, Great atmosphere, we highly recommend the Steak House for any occasion.Special Features:
- Incredible dining experience!!blindman69Dined on 9/4/2014Decor, ambiance, and service were excellent, and the meal was spectacular!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob1Dined on 9/1/2014It is hard to imagine a dining experience that could be better! The service is superb and the food is quite simply great. What more could one ask?Special Features:
- Enjoy2dineDined on 9/1/2014Of all the higher end steakhouses in Reno, we find Harrah's to be the very best every time!!! The ambiance, the staff, and all tried on the menu is at the top in Reno's fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pilot2Dined on 8/31/2014OUR DINING EXPERIENCE IS ALWAYS PERFECT AT HARRAH'S STEAK HOUSE. THE SERVERS IN TUX, FRESH FLOWERS, FABULOUS FOOD.. BETWEEN COURSES, SORBET WITH CHAMPAGNE TO CLEANSE THE PALATE. ALI WAS OUR ATTENTIVE WAITER. AN AFTER-DINNER SWEET IS CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES SERVED IN A SILVER FLUTED DISH OVER DRY ICE TO MAKE A STARTLING PRESENTATION OF ICY VAPORS. IT'S @1 FOR US.Special Features:
- Romantic ReturnInfrabillVIPDined on 8/28/2014Annually, my wife and I make the trek to Reno to celebrate our anniversary. One of our favorites is Harrahs steakhouse. We have been going faithfully for over twenty years. It is where we splurge and where we have great memories. Everything on the menu is superb and the service is first class. Thank you to Tony for always making it special and recommending Col Solare. YummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerVespa4jenDined on 8/28/2014My expectations were exceeded at this "old school" dining establishment founded in 1967. We arrived slightly early and were immediately seated in the booth we requested and were greeted by the waiter we requested. The entire staff was subtly attentive, professional and friendly. Caesar salad for two was created by our favorite waiter tableside & was (always has been) the best I've ever had. The appetizer was a lobster escargot (no snails) which was rich and wonderful. I had veal piccata, that came on a bed of pasta, with julienne carrots. Husband had prime rib that came with baked potato. We also ordered the onion rings and fabulous brussel sprouts made with bacon bits. Personalized birthday Chocolate dessert! Fabulous and very memorable.Special Features:
- Fabulous place for a special mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014We have gone to Harrah's to celebrate my husband's and a friend's birthday for a number of years. We always sit at the same table and Tony is usually our waiter. Our experience has always been exceptional--great food, service and the ambiance is really special. Harrah's and their staff always treat you so well. When it is a special celebration, anniversary, birthday, or whatever, they go out of their way to make it memorable. This is definitely our go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the steakhouseprtydawgDined on 8/27/2014it was a great experience. i do recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dining Experiencegslv49Dined on 8/22/2014It is "old school" décor the likes of great steak houses. The staff is extremely friendly. Specifically, Captain Ozzie, visited with us at our table as though we were old friends. We really appreciated the attention. The food was pretty good. Our entrees (prime rib and filet mignon) were done to perfection. We had the escargot and shrimp with chili sauce for appetizers. They present small baguettes with chopped meat and a bread basket at the start of the meal. Then, they bring out a sherbet with champagne to cleanse the palate. There is low lighting and is very romantic. The restaurant appears to be a "locals" regular eatery, as there were people there that seemed to know each other. (Think Cheers). Loved it. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to parEileenDined on 8/22/2014Food was good but not up to its usual standard.. I love their Oysters Rockefeller but this time it was not the same just not as good. Everything just not as good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayDined on 8/21/2014We were celebrating my husbands birthday on the 21st. We are staying in Lake Tahoe and decided to drive to Reno for a ball game and a nice meal. We both had the early bird filet dinner. Service was impeccable. Steak was terrible. It was definitely a low-end cut, was burnt (supposed to be medium) and chewy. The lady behind us also didn't eat hers and told the server it was tough and chewy. We did not mention our steak was bad because we didn't want to take the time for another because we didn't want to be late for the game. The couple next to us celebrating their anniversary also were complaining to each other the steak wa burnt on the outside almost like the flame was toooooo high. We will not be back if this is how the food is.Special Features:
- Classic Steakhouse, amazing serviceNichaDined on 8/16/2014The food here has always been delicious. The service, top-notch. Their table side preparations are very entertaining and enjoyable. We didn't order any table side prep last night but our entrees were superb. My filet mignon crusted with black pepper and a green peppercorn sauce was flavorful, perfectly cooked and came with a side of carrots and beans. The lamb duo is excellent with tasty chops -- again perfectly cooked and flavored. We shared some sides-- lobster mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts cooked with bacon and also grilled asparagus. We were too full this time for the cafe diablo... but when celebrating--this is a "can't miss". We also loved the sorbet/champagne palate cleanser that comes between the appetizers and main entrees.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner5hungrygamblersDined on 8/16/2014The moment we entered Harrah's Steakhouse, Tony made us feel special. The Lobster Bisque was great, also the Filet was the best i've ever had. Tony and staff took great care of our party. Excellent Restaurant. That was my second visit, and will return the next time i'am in Reno.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to Beat this Place!NVFudLuvrDined on 8/16/2014The Steakhouse is our Go-To place for special occasions and visitors. The service is exceptional and the servers take pride in it. Bonuses are little extras like a "smoking" tray of truffles at meal's end and a spontaneous slice of Birthday Cake just because the Captain one of us was having a birthday. Great steaks are a given but the seafood dishes are just as good. I could go on and on. You will pay a little more but it's always been worth it to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oysters on the half shelltoothlessDined on 8/15/2014We recently celebrated our son's 30th Birthday and had a wonderful meal EXCEPT for the shell [or pearl ,haha] my tooth found in one of the oysters which resulted in breaking a porcelain capped tooth which just cost me $1000 to replace. We have eaten at The Steak House many times in the past and the experience was always MEMORABLE as this one will be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningskwsDined on 8/15/2014We had a lovely dining experience here. From the time we arrived until we left we were treated like royalty. Arland and his staff are very professional and took great care of us. The food was great. I had the special that night and my husband had Lamb. Both were delicious. Since we were celebrating a special occasion, Alexandra, the pastry chef, made us a beautiful dessert creation. It was so beautiful and delicious. When we return to Reno again, you can be sure we will dine here. Thanks for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Dinner For TwoJayTakRNDined on 8/10/2014Celebrated my anniversary at Harrah's Steakhouse. My girlfriend and I had an amazing night with amazing foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beTheDoctorsDDined on 8/10/2014Like a lot of us, Harrah's has been the go-to place for us for all special occasions for the past 25 years. We always enjoy it and it is always a great experience. However, we were there over the weekend, and we were very disappointed. The meat arrived raw (even the waitperson was taken aback when she cut it), so they took it back and cooked it some more. When it came back, it was dry, tough, and tasteless (for 80 dollars, we were expecting a better treatment of the raw meat). The lobster bisque was not hot and tasteless as were the plateful of tomatoes in the caprese salad. The service, which is always excellent, was poor. It seemed like our waiter had too many customers to attend to our table. I hope this was a one-time flop.Special Features:
- I never miss it when I am in Reno!meandmymomDined on 8/8/2014This is without a doubt my favorite steakhouse anywhere. I have eaten there at least 10 times, and have never had less than an exceptional meal. The service is flawless. My favorite is the Steak Diane prepared and flambéed tableside. My mother loves their Caesar salad, also a tableside item. The deserts are good too, and my favorite is the crème brulee, with fresh berries. We go there at least once every time we go to Reno.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.