The Steakhouse at Harrah's - Harrah's Reno
219 North Center Street
Reno, NV 89501Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
The Steakhouse at Harrah's - Harrah's Reno
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.harrahsreno.com/casinos/harrahs-reno/restaurants-dining/harrahs-steak-house-detail.html
- Phone: (775) 788-2929
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:45pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Harris
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: $10 self parking fee on applicable Special Events nights. Mention your Steak House reservation to have fee waived.
A word from The Steakhouse at Harrah's - Harrah's Reno
Harrah's Award Winning Steak House.Continued
Turn an ordinary meal into extraordinary dinning occasion.
Turn an ordinary meal into extraordinary dinning occasion.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Steakhouse at Harrah's - Harrah's Reno - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
The Steakhouse at Harrah's - Harrah's Reno reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (111)romantic (85)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (25)late-night find (7)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Best food in town.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Never a disappointment with food quality and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Wonderful setting and food to celebrate a memorable birthday. The waiters were also most helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigMacDined on 11/19/2014One of the very few restaurants in Reno where you can experience elegance. Great food and great atmousphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won in RenokimbaDined on 11/15/2014The food and the service is great. Eat here every time we are in RenoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThierryVIPDined on 11/15/2014We Have been there many time and we love it, the food is not outstanding but it's very good I think that what make The Steakhouse at Harrah's a wonderfull place is the ambiance and the Great, Geat service that you get from everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best11meDined on 11/15/2014This is such a wonderful place to go to relax and have a great meal - an oasis in the middle of all the hub-bub of gambling and entertainment. Worth the travel to Reno just to have dinner at the Steakhouse.Special Features:
- Reno standby, worthy of that special occasionDrBombayDined on 11/14/2014This is the second time we've had the pleasure of dining at Harrah's Steak House. The first was probably a decade ago, and it was a such a memorable experience that we gushed about it to people whenever we got the chance. I'm happy that our most recent experience further cemented those feelings: the ambiance, the service, and the food were all as good as we remembered, and we were especially happy to see that the authentic, traditional, table-side caesar salad is still being made -- it's SO good. Highly recommended on all counts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Reno's gem steakhouse. Phenomenal food excellent service. Thank you to Arland for making it so special again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy DiningRenoSteveDined on 11/9/2014Feel special when you have dinner at Harrahs Steak House. The service is outstanding and the food was spectacular. You come away feeling like a VIP. Even the support staff behind the waiters were awesome.Special Features:
- Harrah's Steakhouse - OutstandingDoinksterDined on 11/6/2014The food and service at The Steakhouse at Harrah's was, by far, the best I have had in Reno. The steaks and side dishes were perfectly cooked and the service was among the best I have had in my life.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerTSFLerDined on 10/31/2014A perfect dining experience! My wife and I came here on one of our first dates over 30 years ago. We were absolutely amazed when our waiter came to our table and said, "Good Evening! My name is Tommy and I'll be your waiter this evening." Amazed because Tommy was our waiter over 30 years ago. Jokingly I told Tommy, "30 years ago, you made such a good impression, she decided to marry me. I don't know whether to hug you or to kick you" :-) Impressed again by our experience, my wife said, "You've got me for another 30 years...minimum!" Thank you Harrah's Steak House for an absolutely perfect evening. Ron P.S. The complimentary desserts with "Happy Anniversary" written on the plate and the long stem rose...what a special touch!Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014It was my first time here. Everything was great! The food was great. The service was wonderful! Great place for special occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Absolutely exceeded what we had expected. This is a hidden gem we will be back. BeautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyPatTheFoodieDined on 10/19/2014The food and service was outstanding, it's definitely expensive though!Special Features:
- A Reno GemFundiningDined on 10/19/2014Virtually unchanged since it opened it is a local gem. Consistently excellent food and service. It is a classic and classy steak house. Good for business or a special occasion. A bit pricey but worth every penny. Sure to please. Go enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our Expectations!!LoveKahanaDined on 10/18/2014Wow!! We did NOT expect what happened during this wonderful dinner! I know Harrah's is a fine place and that the Steakhouse would have to be pretty good, but it was GREAT! 10+ in my eyes.....from the Hostess, to the Buser's, our Waiter (FANtastic!) and his "team" helping make our experience above and beyond. If you're looking for a "find" in Reno....go down to the basement at Harrah's and relax for a couple of hours.....it's completely worth it! :)Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The Service was outstanding as well as the food. We enjoyed ourselves to the fullest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer Servicekriskom1959Dined on 10/16/2014My experience was outstanding from the food to the excellent customer service. Thank you.Special Features:
- mauigirl7399Dined on 10/11/2014I just love this place.every time i dine here and by chance an item is not on the menu they are more than happy to make the requested dish. Its a old school steakhouseSpecial Features:
- Wonderful, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Our only complaints are that one of the steaks had to be sent back because it was under-done. I ordered a baked potato with my meal and was only offered butter and sour cream. I asked about bacon and cheese and was informed that they did not have that. Really???? Other than that it was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointingboomerDined on 10/10/2014Service was rushed from the beginning to end, food marginal at best. We are Reno residents and have dined there many times . This used to be a very special restaurant....not any more. We will not go back. Tried to write an e-mail to Harrah's, their website didn't have that communicaton option. A very dissapointing experience!!!!!
- Reno, But Not World, Classeager2enjoyDined on 10/4/2014Attentive service in a traditional, old Reno atmosphere. While I recommed the experience, my wife had something happen that would never happen in a world-class steakhouse. She ordered an appetizer and a baked potato---that's it...nothing more. Potato came out raw and uncooked and, while it was only 7:45 PM, the waiter said that was their last potato. "Ok, then I'll have the baked sweet potato." Nope...out of those as well. Not the end of the world, just the end of any consideration of this restaurant as a 5 star destination. Everything else was fine, but if a steakhouse is open until 10 PM, how do you not have a single potato by 7:45 ?Special Features:
- Simply incredibleJGeeEnDined on 10/4/2014I don't know where to begin with a review of this restaurant. It was truly an amazing meal and probably the best dining experience I've ever had. The little details are amazing - from the palate cleanser to the hot towels at the end of the meal. While it is not an inexpensive meal, it is worth every penny and then some. Everyone at Harrah's Steakhouse made us feel like we were the most important people there. We will definitely be going back for our next anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- geoegeDined on 9/29/2014Always good service - especially our head waiter who has been there for years. The steak diane cooked at tableside was wonderful. Champagne/sherbet cleanse between courses is delicious!! Can't wait for next special occasion!!!Special Features:
- FABULOUS AS ALWAYS!SHYDIDined on 9/28/2014To the Team at the Steak House at Harrah's Reno....Thank you for ALWAYS making a dining event "Extra Special"! My husband & I & 2 friends dined there on last Sunday night before we attended the show in Sammy's Showroom! It is so very wonderful to still have a restaurant that takes so much pride in every detail@ My husband worked as a 21 dealer at Harrah's while we were in college in Reno in the early 70's and we think of Harrah's Reno as a very special place for dining and entertainment! Thanks again for a great evening! Sheila PontiusSpecial Features:
- Steak house at Harrahs RenodiamondstarDined on 9/26/2014The whole experience was wonderful from the food to the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply ... the bestjanpthomas1Dined on 9/26/2014I first tried this old fashion steak house over thirty years ago when I lived in Santa Cruz. CA. Having moved to this area recently, I have tried most of the major steak houses here and none have lived up to my expectations and the perfection of Harrah's.
- service exceeds foods abilitiesBloodbrewDined on 9/25/2014If you are trying for the filet mignon and normally get medium rare, go for the rare as they will tend to overcook it to medium with a well exterior. The half of duck is seasoned well on the outside but comes up short two stars on quality. The service is really above par and ordering anything that is cooked table-side is a treat and worth it. One switch with the meat vendor and this place would rival some places in New Orleans. The devil's coffee makes an excellent drink choice and it flavored well with multiple liqueurs. This is a pricey stop with a great atmosphere and excellent service where the food just doesn't seem to reach the heights of the locale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nostalgia44Dined on 9/16/2014We enjoy the fact that we can count on the same good food and service. So many steak houses have gone away in Las Vegas like ours at the Flamingo. They can not be replaced. Thank you for giving us that wonderful experience we have grown to love. Ozzie and staff wonderful...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantasticwabash21VIPDined on 9/15/2014This is what a great restaurant should be , the food, the service, all just wonderful. The room is what steakhouse should be, elegant The service and food was outstanding as always, will always make an effort to go back anytime I'm in Reno.Special Features:
- Magnificent DinnerRHananDined on 9/14/2014Downstairs the dark dining room immediately transforms into a magnificent dining experience unlike anything topside. Immense flavors awaken your tastebuds....course after course you can't believe what you've been missing all of your life. Each bite better than the last. Wait staff eager to please, scurrying the floors to satisfy your every desire, and with such grace. Your wildest craving of the most amazing concoctions are sure to haunt you until you return to feast again. 10 out of 10 without a doubt or hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The prime rib is the best in town! Serious steak house atmosphere, coffee especially good. Dramatic service with lots of flamed items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- melvinDined on 9/8/2014Great food and service. Our server, Izzie, had terrific recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulcasdeaDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I have eaten at the Steak House for over 25 years and it has always been perfect. We just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversity on the 5th of September at the restaurant and the night was special. Our waiter Bonds surprised us with a wonderful chocolate mousse cake dessert celebrating our forty years together. Great food, Great service, Great atmosphere, we highly recommend the Steak House for any occasion.Special Features:
- Incredible dining experience!!blindman69Dined on 9/4/2014Decor, ambiance, and service were excellent, and the meal was spectacular!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob1Dined on 9/1/2014It is hard to imagine a dining experience that could be better! The service is superb and the food is quite simply great. What more could one ask?Special Features:
- Enjoy2dineDined on 9/1/2014Of all the higher end steakhouses in Reno, we find Harrah's to be the very best every time!!! The ambiance, the staff, and all tried on the menu is at the top in Reno's fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pilot2Dined on 8/31/2014OUR DINING EXPERIENCE IS ALWAYS PERFECT AT HARRAH'S STEAK HOUSE. THE SERVERS IN TUX, FRESH FLOWERS, FABULOUS FOOD.. BETWEEN COURSES, SORBET WITH CHAMPAGNE TO CLEANSE THE PALATE. ALI WAS OUR ATTENTIVE WAITER. AN AFTER-DINNER SWEET IS CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES SERVED IN A SILVER FLUTED DISH OVER DRY ICE TO MAKE A STARTLING PRESENTATION OF ICY VAPORS. IT'S @1 FOR US.Special Features:
- Romantic ReturnInfrabillVIPDined on 8/28/2014Annually, my wife and I make the trek to Reno to celebrate our anniversary. One of our favorites is Harrahs steakhouse. We have been going faithfully for over twenty years. It is where we splurge and where we have great memories. Everything on the menu is superb and the service is first class. Thank you to Tony for always making it special and recommending Col Solare. YummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerVespa4jenDined on 8/28/2014My expectations were exceeded at this "old school" dining establishment founded in 1967. We arrived slightly early and were immediately seated in the booth we requested and were greeted by the waiter we requested. The entire staff was subtly attentive, professional and friendly. Caesar salad for two was created by our favorite waiter tableside & was (always has been) the best I've ever had. The appetizer was a lobster escargot (no snails) which was rich and wonderful. I had veal piccata, that came on a bed of pasta, with julienne carrots. Husband had prime rib that came with baked potato. We also ordered the onion rings and fabulous brussel sprouts made with bacon bits. Personalized birthday Chocolate dessert! Fabulous and very memorable.Special Features: