The Steakhouse at Harrah's - Harrah's Reno
219 North Center Street
Reno, NV 89501Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
The Steakhouse at Harrah's - Harrah's Reno
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.harrahsreno.com/casinos/harrahs-reno/restaurants-dining/harrahs-steak-house-detail.html
- Phone: 7757882929x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:45pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Harris
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: $10 self parking fee on applicable Special Events nights. Mention your Steak House reservation to have fee waived.
A word from The Steakhouse at Harrah's - Harrah's Reno
Harrah's Award Winning Steak House.Continued
Turn an ordinary meal into extraordinary dinning occasion.
Turn an ordinary meal into extraordinary dinning occasion.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Steakhouse at Harrah's - Harrah's Reno - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
The Steakhouse at Harrah's - Harrah's Reno reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)romantic (88)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (5)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Nostalgia44Dined on 9/16/2014We enjoy the fact that we can count on the same good food and service. So many steak houses have gone away in Las Vegas like ours at the Flamingo. They can not be replaced. Thank you for giving us that wonderful experience we have grown to love. Ozzie and staff wonderful...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent DinnerRHananDined on 9/14/2014Downstairs the dark dining room immediately transforms into a magnificent dining experience unlike anything topside. Immense flavors awaken your tastebuds....course after course you can't believe what you've been missing all of your life. Each bite better than the last. Wait staff eager to please, scurrying the floors to satisfy your every desire, and with such grace. Your wildest craving of the most amazing concoctions are sure to haunt you until you return to feast again. 10 out of 10 without a doubt or hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The prime rib is the best in town! Serious steak house atmosphere, coffee especially good. Dramatic service with lots of flamed items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- melvinDined on 9/8/2014Great food and service. Our server, Izzie, had terrific recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulcasdeaDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I have eaten at the Steak House for over 25 years and it has always been perfect. We just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversity on the 5th of September at the restaurant and the night was special. Our waiter Bonds surprised us with a wonderful chocolate mousse cake dessert celebrating our forty years together. Great food, Great service, Great atmosphere, we highly recommend the Steak House for any occasion.Special Features:
- Incredible dining experience!!blindman69Dined on 9/4/2014Decor, ambiance, and service were excellent, and the meal was spectacular!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob1Dined on 9/1/2014It is hard to imagine a dining experience that could be better! The service is superb and the food is quite simply great. What more could one ask?Special Features:
- Enjoy2dineDined on 9/1/2014Of all the higher end steakhouses in Reno, we find Harrah's to be the very best every time!!! The ambiance, the staff, and all tried on the menu is at the top in Reno's fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pilot2Dined on 8/31/2014OUR DINING EXPERIENCE IS ALWAYS PERFECT AT HARRAH'S STEAK HOUSE. THE SERVERS IN TUX, FRESH FLOWERS, FABULOUS FOOD.. BETWEEN COURSES, SORBET WITH CHAMPAGNE TO CLEANSE THE PALATE. ALI WAS OUR ATTENTIVE WAITER. AN AFTER-DINNER SWEET IS CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES SERVED IN A SILVER FLUTED DISH OVER DRY ICE TO MAKE A STARTLING PRESENTATION OF ICY VAPORS. IT'S @1 FOR US.Special Features:
- Romantic ReturnInfrabillVIPDined on 8/28/2014Annually, my wife and I make the trek to Reno to celebrate our anniversary. One of our favorites is Harrahs steakhouse. We have been going faithfully for over twenty years. It is where we splurge and where we have great memories. Everything on the menu is superb and the service is first class. Thank you to Tony for always making it special and recommending Col Solare. YummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerVespa4jenDined on 8/28/2014My expectations were exceeded at this "old school" dining establishment founded in 1967. We arrived slightly early and were immediately seated in the booth we requested and were greeted by the waiter we requested. The entire staff was subtly attentive, professional and friendly. Caesar salad for two was created by our favorite waiter tableside & was (always has been) the best I've ever had. The appetizer was a lobster escargot (no snails) which was rich and wonderful. I had veal piccata, that came on a bed of pasta, with julienne carrots. Husband had prime rib that came with baked potato. We also ordered the onion rings and fabulous brussel sprouts made with bacon bits. Personalized birthday Chocolate dessert! Fabulous and very memorable.Special Features:
- Fabulous place for a special mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014We have gone to Harrah's to celebrate my husband's and a friend's birthday for a number of years. We always sit at the same table and Tony is usually our waiter. Our experience has always been exceptional--great food, service and the ambiance is really special. Harrah's and their staff always treat you so well. When it is a special celebration, anniversary, birthday, or whatever, they go out of their way to make it memorable. This is definitely our go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the steakhouseprtydawgDined on 8/27/2014it was a great experience. i do recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dining Experiencegslv49Dined on 8/22/2014It is "old school" décor the likes of great steak houses. The staff is extremely friendly. Specifically, Captain Ozzie, visited with us at our table as though we were old friends. We really appreciated the attention. The food was pretty good. Our entrees (prime rib and filet mignon) were done to perfection. We had the escargot and shrimp with chili sauce for appetizers. They present small baguettes with chopped meat and a bread basket at the start of the meal. Then, they bring out a sherbet with champagne to cleanse the palate. There is low lighting and is very romantic. The restaurant appears to be a "locals" regular eatery, as there were people there that seemed to know each other. (Think Cheers). Loved it. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to parEileenDined on 8/22/2014Food was good but not up to its usual standard.. I love their Oysters Rockefeller but this time it was not the same just not as good. Everything just not as good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayDined on 8/21/2014We were celebrating my husbands birthday on the 21st. We are staying in Lake Tahoe and decided to drive to Reno for a ball game and a nice meal. We both had the early bird filet dinner. Service was impeccable. Steak was terrible. It was definitely a low-end cut, was burnt (supposed to be medium) and chewy. The lady behind us also didn't eat hers and told the server it was tough and chewy. We did not mention our steak was bad because we didn't want to take the time for another because we didn't want to be late for the game. The couple next to us celebrating their anniversary also were complaining to each other the steak wa burnt on the outside almost like the flame was toooooo high. We will not be back if this is how the food is.Special Features:
- Classic Steakhouse, amazing serviceNichaDined on 8/16/2014The food here has always been delicious. The service, top-notch. Their table side preparations are very entertaining and enjoyable. We didn't order any table side prep last night but our entrees were superb. My filet mignon crusted with black pepper and a green peppercorn sauce was flavorful, perfectly cooked and came with a side of carrots and beans. The lamb duo is excellent with tasty chops -- again perfectly cooked and flavored. We shared some sides-- lobster mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts cooked with bacon and also grilled asparagus. We were too full this time for the cafe diablo... but when celebrating--this is a "can't miss". We also loved the sorbet/champagne palate cleanser that comes between the appetizers and main entrees.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner5hungrygamblersDined on 8/16/2014The moment we entered Harrah's Steakhouse, Tony made us feel special. The Lobster Bisque was great, also the Filet was the best i've ever had. Tony and staff took great care of our party. Excellent Restaurant. That was my second visit, and will return the next time i'am in Reno.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to Beat this Place!NVFudLuvrDined on 8/16/2014The Steakhouse is our Go-To place for special occasions and visitors. The service is exceptional and the servers take pride in it. Bonuses are little extras like a "smoking" tray of truffles at meal's end and a spontaneous slice of Birthday Cake just because the Captain one of us was having a birthday. Great steaks are a given but the seafood dishes are just as good. I could go on and on. You will pay a little more but it's always been worth it to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oysters on the half shelltoothlessDined on 8/15/2014We recently celebrated our son's 30th Birthday and had a wonderful meal EXCEPT for the shell [or pearl ,haha] my tooth found in one of the oysters which resulted in breaking a porcelain capped tooth which just cost me $1000 to replace. We have eaten at The Steak House many times in the past and the experience was always MEMORABLE as this one will be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningskwsDined on 8/15/2014We had a lovely dining experience here. From the time we arrived until we left we were treated like royalty. Arland and his staff are very professional and took great care of us. The food was great. I had the special that night and my husband had Lamb. Both were delicious. Since we were celebrating a special occasion, Alexandra, the pastry chef, made us a beautiful dessert creation. It was so beautiful and delicious. When we return to Reno again, you can be sure we will dine here. Thanks for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Dinner For TwoJayTakRNDined on 8/10/2014Celebrated my anniversary at Harrah's Steakhouse. My girlfriend and I had an amazing night with amazing foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beTheDoctorsDDined on 8/10/2014Like a lot of us, Harrah's has been the go-to place for us for all special occasions for the past 25 years. We always enjoy it and it is always a great experience. However, we were there over the weekend, and we were very disappointed. The meat arrived raw (even the waitperson was taken aback when she cut it), so they took it back and cooked it some more. When it came back, it was dry, tough, and tasteless (for 80 dollars, we were expecting a better treatment of the raw meat). The lobster bisque was not hot and tasteless as were the plateful of tomatoes in the caprese salad. The service, which is always excellent, was poor. It seemed like our waiter had too many customers to attend to our table. I hope this was a one-time flop.Special Features:
- I never miss it when I am in Reno!meandmymomDined on 8/8/2014This is without a doubt my favorite steakhouse anywhere. I have eaten there at least 10 times, and have never had less than an exceptional meal. The service is flawless. My favorite is the Steak Diane prepared and flambéed tableside. My mother loves their Caesar salad, also a tableside item. The deserts are good too, and my favorite is the crème brulee, with fresh berries. We go there at least once every time we go to Reno.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 8/6/2014May just be the best restaurant in Reno. A special place for sure.Special Features:
- AMAZINGSteakluvrDined on 8/5/20143rd wedding anniversary and the evening at the steak house was just AMAZING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The best dining experience I have ever had Everything was above standard. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back again!OCFoodieDined on 8/4/2014Third time in 3 years that we've been here for their early bird special. Outstanding table service. Outstanding ambiance! Great food and value! The onion soup served in a big onion is to die for.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014We go here every year for a birthday celebration and the service is always impeccable. A cut above any other steakhouse in Reno. They do the little things that others don't such as sorbets to cleanse the palate, chocolates at the end of the experience in what we call the Addams Family experience (you'll have to see it and experience it), the hot towels and more. The food is always good, from crab cakes to lobster bisque to steaks, Prime Rib or whatever you'd like. It's like upscale restaurants used to be and is rarely found any more.Special Features:
- Wonderful!JustLovedItDined on 8/3/2014Our Meal was Fabulous, Service was Excellent! Nothing more to say but everything about the Steakhouse was Fantastic! We will definitely be going there again...and soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST IN RENOSkipDined on 7/30/2014There is no comparison anywhere to Harrah's Steakhouse - the unbelievable food, the SUPERB SERVICE, the special attention and awesome place for a celebration! We also learned we can bring our own bottle of wine for a $20 corkage fee which is quite reasonable! Thank you again for a memorable evening! See you tomorrow :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedWDeeDined on 7/30/2014The Steakhouse was truely a five star perfect romantic dining experience. The Steakhouse is a hidden jem, been going to Harrah's many times and was not aware of the Steakhouse hidden in the basement. The earlybird special from 5-6 is an outstanding value, but not widely publicized and does not appear on the menu. A new favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerFoodessVIPDined on 7/27/2014Both of us ordered fillet mignon, 8 oz. There was a significant difference in the size of the pieces..cooked to order perfectly. We ordered Oysters Rockefeller, which had way too much spinach, and there was alot of water in the bottom of the shell. Classic dish, but would not order it again at Harrah's. Brussels sprouts were very good. Harrah's prepared a special Anniversary Dessert for us.. Very nice touch..Special Features:
- AMAZING AS ALWAYSOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The Steakhouse has been our special occasion destination for 13 years. They never disappoint.Special Features:
- Fabulous as alwaysallaboutexperienceDined on 7/26/2014I have been going to the Harrah's Steakhouse for the past 30 years and have never once been disappointed. The ambience, the food, the service and the wine list is always outstanding. When we go there I feel we are definitely getting our money's worth which these days is very hard to find.Special Features:
- greatoneDined on 7/26/2014The meal was outstanding from the appetizers thru the main meal. Harrah's Steak House has remained a great place to eat and since the early 1970's when I first went there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014food was outstanding. all different entrees. dessert looked(and was) so good we all had our own!
- I'm a regularMikeDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I always make this a destination when we're in the area. Lots of other choices, but we always seem to come back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014We have been to the restaurant several times with friends and family and have never been disappointed. The Early Bird dinner is the best in Reno and has never failed to impress those who go for the first time. We had a wonderful dinner and then saw the show at Sammy's Showroom. It was a great evening for all of us and we intend to do it again soon. We would recommend the experience to any visitors or locals in Reno.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experienceeatoutalotDined on 7/24/2014Three of the 4 of us had the earllybird special which is a great deal. We all had the filet oscar, which was cooked perfectly but the filet was a bit 'chewy'. Otherwise, everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.