THE Steakhouse at Circus Circus - Las Vegas
Circus Circus Hotel & Casino
2880 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Circus Circus Hotel & Casino
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
THE Steakhouse at Circus Circus - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.circuscircus.com/dining/the_steakhouse
- Phone: 7027943767
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Dine with us between 4 and 6 and enjoy half priced cocktails, and $5.00 Sterling Vintners wines by the glass for $5.00 EXCLUDING SATURDAYS AND HOLIDAYS.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Bob Obrien
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from THE Steakhouse at Circus Circus - Las Vegas
The Steak House has recently been named Top Las Vegas Steak House by Zagat. The Steak House has been thrilling diners with it’s top grade meats served by a friendly, gracious staff for over 29 years. The Steak House also features a glass enclosed dry aging locker. Top grade Midwestern beef is aged for 21 days at 37 degrees Fahrenheit & 85 percent relative humidity. This process tenderizes the meat & gives it a distinct flavor, which is further enhanced by preparing the beef over an open-hearth mesquite charcoal broiler. Once inside the dining room, you will feel right at home. Rural-themed paintings adorn the green walls. The room is rich with dark woods, diamond tufted red leather booths, creating a cozy den-like ambience. Dinners include fresh baked breads, choice of our famous black bean soup or house salad plus a Chef's fresh vegetable & choice of garlic mashed potato, baked potato, or wild rice blend.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
THE Steakhouse at Circus Circus - Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Circus Circus Hotel & Casino ›
THE Steakhouse at Circus Circus - Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
309 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (220)romantic (189)fit for foodies (91)good for groups (74)neighborhood gem (66)notable wine list (62)late-night find (21)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great food and serviceVegasSquidDined on 9/28/2014This restaurant is very out of place for the hotel it is in. We have never been disappointed in either the food or the service here. Price for what you get is slightly less than other high end steak houses in Vegas. Overall, this is still one of our favorite places to eat at.Special Features:
- DisapointedHPSTEELINCDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant is heavily advertised as being one of the best steak houses in Las Vegas. I was absolutely shocked at how bad the food was. The steaks had the flavor of shoe leather. In contrast, the service was 5 star and the decor was 5 star. This was the first time I had ever walked into the Circus Circus Hotel and the first and last time I will ever go to this steak house. It is really too bad. We had looked forward to going based on the reviews. We bought the false advertizing hook line and sinker.
- high-end steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Much like a typical high-end steak house. Excellent. We have been here twice and it did not disappoint.Special Features:
- The hidden gem of Las VegasDineforlifeDined on 9/26/2014No need for all the new hype of the Las Vegas strip, this restaurant has the old feel of Vegas , with frank Sinatra music ever so softly in the background and the food and service is just the diamonds in this place .best steak I've ever had !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing findChrisDined on 9/25/2014Had our anniversary dinner here this past week. We were seated right away at a very nice table. Our waiter was amazing and very knowledgable. Was able to suggest dinner and drink ideas. Checked in just the right amount of times. Would highly recommend and definitely plan on coming back to the steakhouse!Special Features:
- A las Vegas GemjimvlvDined on 9/24/2014The Steak House at Circus Circus is and has been one of the best values in town. Generous portions with Old Vegas style surroundings make it a must visit opportunitySpecial Features:
- Delicious!BirthdaygirlDined on 9/23/2014We went for an anniversary dinner and the food did not disappoint! Excellent choice of sides and steaks cooked to perfection. Our server was excellent and we felt very well taken care of the entire evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- korpi6Dined on 9/22/2014The atmosphere in the restaurant was excellent, service friendly and prompt. The steak was excellent and sides very good. Would recommend visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & AtmospherevegasmamaDined on 9/21/2014THE Steakhouse is an excellent place to eat. The food is spectacular. The other nice thing is that the price includes a soup & salad as well as a potato, where most restaurants in Las Vegas are a lot more expensive and make you order each item ala carte. This is my 2nd time eating here. It's a little further down the strip from heart of everything, but well worth the time & energy to get there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Darian1366Dined on 9/21/2014Great steak without the razzle dazzle fro other places where the show is more on display than the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaritalBlissDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I had dinner for our 20th anniversary (1989) at the Steakhouse and decided to go back for our 45th this past weekend. The food was exceptional along with the service and it will not take another 25years before we return. Thank you for making this special occasion very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Second visit in a rowJonnoh64VIPDined on 9/19/2014This is now a must do while visiting Las Vegas. I had another exceptional steak and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well worth the waitontheroadDined on 9/19/2014Missed the restaurant last time in Vegas. Glad we got there this time. Excellent! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we loved itFatherDaughterDined on 9/19/2014My daughter and I went here based on the reviews and were not disappointed. I had the Filet large and it was LARGE and perfect. My daughter had Salmon. The portions are generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every year!BruceVIPDined on 9/17/2014We come to Vegas at least once a year and always eat at the Steak House at Circus Circus! Steak us great and priced the same as Morton's and the other high end Vegas places, but your salad, potato and vegetable comes with it instead of a la carte. Great food and service and priced fairlyI would recommend this to a friend.
- pghzooladyDined on 9/17/2014This place is better than any steakhouse on the Vegas strip. Service was fabulous and the food was beyond outstanding. I think some people may shy away from the Steakhouse because it is located in Circus Circus. Please, don't let that stop you. This place is a hidden gem!Special Features:
- Great Vegas Steakhouse Experience!bs093070VIPDined on 9/16/2014This is my third time to the Circus Circus Steakhouse. Every time I go I have a terrific experience. For this meal, I ordered the large filet - I asked for a little pink and it was cooked perfectly! The garlic mashed potatoes are an excellent side. They have a really good selections of desserts too. It's a strange place for a nice steakhouse, but it's a find!Special Features:
- The steakhouse circus circusOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2014The atmosphere was awesome dark and intimate. The service was great they were very attentive and laid back. The food was good, simple menu but cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food.FrankieTRDined on 9/14/2014Chose this restaurant due to recommendations on Trip Advisor. Very happy with our meal. The sevice was very good as well!Special Features:
- Food qualityPinoyboy007Dined on 9/13/2014I've been going to this restaurant for years, and it's always been great and one of my favorite; till now. The steak seems like it got smaller, they over cooked my rib eye steak. Very disappointed! I don't think, I'll be coming back anytime soon. The quality is not the same.Special Features:
- DisappointingdinerDined on 9/13/2014As locals, THE Steakhouse has been a b-day destination for yrs. This yr so disappointing, we won't be back. One party is a vegetarian and yes we understand it's a steakhouse but also a b-day tradition so we don't expect much accomodation. Last year was stellar service/dining, when informed about the veg status, server told us not to worry, the chef would handle it. Along with steak, we were presented with a HUGE, lovely plate w/EVERY a la carte veggie. When the bill came, the plate was comped! We were surprised and grateful. This yr, we were flatly informed we could have a potato and asparagus. Server was blah, inattentive, interrupted us to ask if we'd be paying by credit, very rude. Steak was poorly cooked. Mgr was blase at our exit also
- Great EverythingCraigCDined on 9/13/2014Old school experience - great steak house and overall restaurant - highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Amazing experience!TheOneDined on 9/12/2014This is definitely a hidden gem! Would have not expected such top notch service! Felix was our server, he was very knowledgeable and his service was outstanding. I would definitely come back visit soon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I always go there twice a year. Please don't change a thing. thanks again. see you soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysBigdog782VIPDined on 9/10/2014I visit Vegas every few years in order to see whats new. I NEVER miss going to THE Steakhouse! Consistently excellent food, a decent wine list at reasonable prices and top notch service. It also looks like the company is updating the Circus Circus Casino, its wasn't quite the dump I remembered from a few years ago. But seriously, if you're a foodie like me then this is a "real" restaurant in a town that has an excessive amount of over-hyped, underwhelming restaurants, this is the real deal. The prices are reasonable (by Vegas standards) and the food does not take a backseat to any of the better known strip restaurants.Special Features:
- the complete experienceSCDinerDined on 9/10/2014Great reception, kind & attentive service; incredible food (garlic shrimp appetizer, petite (8 oz) filet mignon, creme brulee). As others have mentioned, this is definitely a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Vegas institutionVegasLocalinVegasDined on 9/10/2014After 13 years living here I finally tried THE Steakhouse inside Circus Circus. Now I'm a bit of a foodie and have been to my share of high-end and super-high-end restaurants, so I couldn't help but compare. First off, you will not be disappointed! The steaks were cooked over an intense wood-fired grill (which you can see as you walk in), the service was exquisite and the decor is beautiful, dark wood paneling, soft lighting and old books and paintings. LOVED it! As high-end places go, the prices were quite reasonable, especially compared to other steakhouses where you must pay for the steak, sides and salad separately, here it's all included. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big SurpriseNoblemonDined on 9/9/2014We were given this recommendation by friends and were not disappointed. From the beginning, everything was done right, and as you'd expect. Our waiter Mitch was able and helpful, and the food was delicious. We've paid more, but have not had as great a meal as we had at THE Steak House. It's definitely on our go back list.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedLadyDy333Dined on 9/9/2014We were staying at the KOA Circus Circus for the first time and wanted to go to a nice dinner close by. Although The Circus Circus is a little ruff inside The Steak House is not. We loved our whole experience there. Great service, food and ambience!Special Features:
- AmazingVegasloverDined on 9/8/2014Always a must stop on my trips to vegas. Took a friend for their first time to steakhouse. He loves steak and said it was the best he ever had. There are steakhouses that charge more but none better. Large portions and cooked perfectly. Service was a 10. Always there when needed but not hovering around to rush you. Most of the waiters have been there for years. People look at me funny when I tell them it is inside Circus Circus. I usually stay at MGM or Mirage, but this place is worth the taxi fare for a great meal. I have eaten at so called famous chef restaurants on the strip that don't hold a candle to this place.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingLVFoodieDined on 9/8/2014I had heard a lot of good things about THE Steakhouse so I was looking forward to dining there. First, the restaurant itself is threadbare and the decor hasn't been updated in decades. Second, the service is slow and generally impolite. Third, the selection is extremely limited with almost no appetizers. I ordered the bone in ribeye which is $55 so u was expecting a lot. About thirty minutes later the waiter showed up with one of the worst steaks I have ever encountered. The steak was filled with hard grizzle and devoid of flavor. I don't know where they found a ribeye that bland and tough. After about another thirty minutes I was able to get the waiters attention that I couldn't eat the steak. Overall, a miserable place.
- Spectacular, again!DespayreDined on 9/7/2014If I could just get through it with room for dessert... I've been there 5-6 times this year, and it's just the best steak I've had, every time. I can literally push my knife across the steak and have it sink through it... paired with a nice bottle of Berenger Knight's Valley, the petite fillet is just fantastic. I hear the rest of the menu is good too, but until they make my steak less-than-perfect, I may never know! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RodLovefoodDined on 9/6/2014The food is always great as well as the service. We recommend this to all our friends and family. We have been coming here for more than 20 years.Special Features:
- very pleasantly surprisedlvtomsterDined on 9/6/2014I'm am normally not enthralled with steak joints. Boring, boring, boring. But my meal here was very delicious without the silly pomp of the typical steak joints (which rarely deliver on food quality). The ambiance cannot be beat for being placed in such a garish casino. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6 star service and 6 star steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/5/2014Richie and Ron made the night! Far exceeded even high expectations after reading all the great reviews. Classic steakhouse with classic feel, and genuine great service. I don't write reviews, but I feel the need to here. Don't come here if you need a scene, come here if you want a phenomenal steak with really quality servers. We celebrated our anniversary and they made it even more special. Thanks again guys. I will be back again
- Excellent!Marie77Dined on 9/5/2014I love authentic old style steakhouses. This one did not disappoint! I had the petite filet and my husband had the rib eye. From the basket of bread to the delicious and tender steak, our meals were without fault. I will make a point to dine here on all future trips to Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIGCITYDined on 9/4/2014This restaurant has the best steak in Vegas and at much better pricing ( not ala carte ). The open kitchen makes for a unique dining experience.Special Features:
- wow!EspoDined on 9/2/2014I am so glad I decided to follow my friend's advice and go here. From the moment you walk in the restaurant you can smell the steaks cooking. And they taste every bit as good as they smelled! It is old school - dimly lit/lots of wood but I like that! I would gladly go back to this place when I am in town!Special Features:
- Best steak ever!Steak2dieforDined on 9/1/2014Been going to Vegas for many years. The Steak House is a must on our to-do every time. Wouldn't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDavyDined on 8/31/2014The steaks were perfect and the service was really great!! A touch on the dark side but over all the meal and service is what counts and that was Awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.