The Steakhouse at Camelot - Excalibur
3850 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
The Steakhouse at Camelot - Excalibur
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.excalibur.com/restaurants/the_steakhouse.aspx
- Phone: 7025977449
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Steakhouse at Camelot - Excalibur
Enjoy dinner at the quintessential Las Vegas steakhouse. Our Zagat Award-winning restaurant offers the finest cuts of beef, along with the freshest seafood flown in daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Steakhouse at Camelot - Excalibur reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
romantic (35)special occasion (33)notable wine list (15)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (9)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Prices on the rise, quality steadyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/24/2014What a difference a year makes. The burger was $14 a year ago and up 50% to a whopping $21! And there's almost too much going on, on top: the crab slaw is welcome (though on two nights, the amount of crab varied from copious to scant), as is the grilled shrimp, but then there's a slathering of BBQ sauce. I guess some people like this kind of excess more than others. I'd like to see the BBQ sauce exit the scene. Service is fine, chatty, a little weary, perhaps. Bartenders always chatty, in the good way. Nothing fancy or sexy here, but if you like dark, quiet rooms, give it a try. You don't have to shout to be heard. I consider this a good thing, as are the prices, which no one can accuse of being sky-high.
- Good food & service, predictableGimmeFoodVIPDined on 8/23/2014Nothing extraordinary, but good food, good service in a nice atmosphere. Almost out of character for the rest of Excalibur. Food was a little pricey, but not compared to other Vegas steakhouses. They have a nice private room, if you have a special occasion.Special Features:
- MarieDined on 8/22/20144th visit - never had better food anywhere and consistent every time.Special Features:
- buddyDined on 8/17/2014Excellent service and the food was very good.. Will visit on our next trip..Special Features:
- Mediocre SteakhouseLuvGuinnessDined on 8/16/2014At first glance the restaurant looked fine. The decor was off with cheap seats and there was no character to the place. The food came out and was pretty bad. First my Ribeye was a NY cut. After explaining it to the runner and waiter they both denied it. I know my cuts and that was a NY. So I decide to give the benefit of the doubt and eat it anyways. The steak had no seasoning and it was slightly charred and had tendons. Not a good cut of meat for what we paid. The sides were bad. Our sautéed Spinach had so much garlic I don't ever think we'd ever have to worry about vampires ever again. The mashed potatoes were edible but lacked any wow factor. Service was OK although all the waiters were old fat men. Not very attractive.
- Grrrrrr8Grrrrrr8Dined on 8/12/20148th time dining here - Awesome as always !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent ambience and food :)Special Features:
- great hidden placebergieDined on 8/11/2014If you like a nice place on the strip that is a good fine.. check this place out.. Steak and some seafoods... We come here every time we are in vegas.. a hidden treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014What a great way to get away from all the noise of seemingly everyplace on the strip. Great food and a reasonable price. My wife and I make this our "date night" whenever we travel to Vegas. The service was fantastic and very friendly.Special Features:
- First Visit Camelot SteakluvsteaksVIPDined on 8/2/2014Overall, very good. I would put it a few slots behind Circus Circus Steakhouse. Candidly, I didn't expect greatness- thus they exceeded our expectations. Jose was an awesome waiter.
- Excalibur Steakhouse - A ClassicEriktheMoviemanDined on 8/2/2014Been coming to Excalibur for years because of my dad. We love coming to Excalibur and especially The Steakhouse which has been a family tradition for nearly 20 years and will be for another 20. Food is fantastic. Portions are perfectly balanced. Prices are right. Will always recommend it when steak places come up for discussion.Special Features:
- Steakhouse at Camelot- Delivered!firecrewcaptDined on 8/2/2014First time eating at The Steakhouse at Camelot and I have to say it is a hidden treasure in all that can go on in Vegas. Our meals, Wild salmon for me and my wife had Filet Mignon were cooked to perfection, period. Jose was our waiter had was very prompt and took interest in us with very good conversation. Overall the décor and ambiance was perfect. We've tried many steakhouses along the strip and in our opinion this one is in our top five list of steakhouses. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemVivaVegas33VIPDined on 7/31/2014As a Las Vegas local I make it a point to stay off the strip. However, this place is the exception for me. The service is outstanding, the food is wonderful, the prices are reasonable, it has great ambiance, and it's always easy to get a table. Yes, it is in the icky Excalibur, but trust me, its worth the trip through the casino smoke and cheesy facades to get here!Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed celebrating our son's 27th birthday at The Steakhouse at Camelot. Wonderful ambiance and great food. They even moved us (5) to another table since we wanted to be away from the kitchen area. Totally great experience!Special Features:
- Bachelorette VIPDivaMomDined on 7/26/2014We held our formal bridal dinner at the Camelot. There were 8 ladies with varied tastes all looking for a great meal. The meal was excellent, the portions were huge and the drinks exceptional. We were given a private room which allowed us to laugh and get noisy without disturbing the other guests. Just make sure that you plan at least 2 hours for dinner if you plan to see a show or have plans for later in the evening. I eat there during my bi-annual trips to Vegas!Special Features:
- Eh.. So-soLonglushlashesDined on 7/24/2014There was construction going on next door and so there was A LOT of loud banging on the walls while I was there for dinner. Then my food wasn't cooked how I wanted it so I didn't eat it. It was a nice place, romantic, just wasn't impressed with the noise level and my food.
- The Steakhouse at CamelotSpelic2Dined on 7/15/2014It was a very nice setting. However our food was not cooked to how we ordered it. My steak was way over cooked, my daughters was way undercooked and they ran out of the dessert for the three course meal they offer that we ordered. The waiter did not even tell us until we asked when it was coming. He didn't even offer anything else for it. Just an "oh sorry we're out". Having dined at several upscale restaurants, I was very unsatisfied with the customer service here. Not a manager or anyone came to apologize for the mistakes made. I got better care and service at Buca Di Beppo around the corner.Special Features:
- Great steak dinner!fjcilajvijieeivneinDined on 7/11/2014In a town with perhaps hundreds of options for a steak dinner we gave The Steakhouse at Camelot a try and we weren't disappointed. Good food combined with excellent service in a quiet atmosphere made us forget we were dining on the infamous "Strip." When back in LV we'll visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine in!CarlosDined on 7/5/2014Perfect food, perfect ambience and perfect services! Area of improvement would be the attentiveness of staff to ensure everyone could be covered as fast as possible. Other than that, everything is really awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon dinnerRomanticDinnerfor2Dined on 6/25/2014We wanted a place to have a nice romantic sit down dinner during our honeymoon and this place was perfect! The food was amazing! The staff was very knowledge and friendly. Very romantic setting! Highly recommendable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with great serviceruraltomDined on 6/16/2014Our waiter was extremely gracious, as was the other staff on duty. The food was outstanding, with perhaps the best dinner salad I have ever been served. Quiet and peaceful environment. We will be back.Special Features:
- Good Service \ Poor ChefAnniversaryDined on 6/15/2014Our waitor, Shaun was terrific, even spotted a poorly prepared steak and took it back. All of the other food was very good,. The steak did not return until 20 minutes later, waiting for medium cooking. Refused the steak, because we had to rush off to a show. We had allowed plenty of time for our meal, but we ended up being rushed.Special Features:
- Service was greatAnnaDined on 6/13/2014Service was great. The chopped salad was very good. We were disappointed with the Alaskan King crab legs. A slight fishy smell and cold spots. Not the best for the price. They weren't as fresh as in the past.Special Features:
- servicenothappyDined on 6/5/2014Our service seemed to lack, compared to other guests. When our salad arrived all other guests were asked if the would like cracked pepper, no one came to our table. Other tables were visited by manager several times, but we were only visited once. Food was good, service was lacking.Special Features:
- formal feelweddedblissinvegasDined on 6/3/2014very nice dining, felt on the formal side, not your every day casual diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food and AtmosphereChippyDined on 5/26/2014Expensive, but very good. A little too expensive for my taste considering I have to walk through a "mall" to get to it. But was pleasantly surprised. We had the Lobster Bisque which was okay. The tomato mozzarella salad which was very good, although the tomatoes were very small. The pork chop was good and so were the Oysters. Food could have been better, but the atmosphere and company were great.Special Features:
- Bad serviceMrfoodDined on 5/23/2014The service was slow! That's when you actually recueved any service. My girlfriends chicken was very dry to the point of where she didn't eat it. When you pay a high price for food it should be enjoyable. Couldn't complain because the waitor didn't show up again until we were done. On top of all that he brought us someone else's check! So we finally got our check which someone else had already filled out the receipt because they tried paying for it before he figured it out. Definitely not a place I want to spend my hard earned money!
- not againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014We got there 20 min before reservation still had to wait. It took 45 min for us to get our food. And there Where only 18 people there. Frank cakes Where dry and burnt. Steak was dry. The service was . Will not go again. And will tell people the Same. Not worth the moneySpecial Features:
- A rare find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The Steakhouse at Camelot was a wonderful surprise! The environment is very warm and romantic. The food was absolutely amazing! I can't wait to visit again! I will be talking about the food for years!Special Features:
- so much for so littleCelebrateDined on 4/30/2014We had a wonderful experience to celebrate our 10th Anniversary. Great selection of food, 4 course dinner couldn't eat it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 144 reviews are from the The Steakhouse at Camelot - Excalibur reviews archive.
- Less than impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Staff was not too friendly, the food was just average, and the price was very high. Simply expected more considering the cost.Special Features:
- second to nonetastybitesDined on 4/26/2014We each enjoyed the 16 oz ribeye. It was perfectly cooked over mesquite. The steaks were so tender it nearly melts in your mouth. My only regret is that I didn't try the Lobster Bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't eat the oysters!DisappointedDined on 4/13/2014Wanted oysters for our anniversary and when they came they smelled and tasted bad. Sent those back and got through my so so French onion soup but my wife's warm spinach salad was a cold soggy, salty mess! The side of asparagas had no flavor. How can you screw up steamed asparagus? Prime rib was okay, but by this time in the meal I was done. Saw another table walk out and another tBle sent good back. Couldn't get out of there fast enough!
- Wedding Dinnerlarry1911Dined on 4/12/2014I can't say enough good things about the Steakhouse at Excalibur! We ordered a special cake as a surprise for the happy couple. We were seated promptly in a private room for the dinner. Our server, Gregg was very attentive and made sure that every thing was just as we wanted it. We've never had better service. The cake we ordered was perfect. Just great, personal service. The young man that kept our water glasses filled and the dishes cleared was wonderful as well. Very polite and unobtrusive. The food was wonderful. Tasted great and very appealing to the eye as well. I've never seen prime rib that thick before. I recommend The Steakhouse at Excalibur to all who want a fine meal in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- This is our 7th time diningGrrrrrr8Dined on 4/2/2014This is our 7th time dining at The Steakhouse at Camelot. We have never been disappointed and the food is outstanding!!Special Features:
- Unbeatable Price and Great Servicesmurphy260Dined on 4/2/2014We got the $36.99 special where you get: a soup or salad, a meat entrée with 2 sides and a dessert. The food is great, the service is outstanding and the $36.99 price is unbeatable. This is a definite stop for those on the North end of the Strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Final Vegas MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014Had a great experience and enjoyed the meal. Would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ...excellent steak...luv2dineDined on 3/23/2014Superb service, great atmosphere for friends to dine quietly in elegant style!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysSteakloverDined on 3/23/2014Dined here again for that special dinner. The food was once again excellent as always, being hot as needed or cold as needed. The steaks were just as ordered and with the nice seasoning blend's. We love the atmosphere here, quiet yet with that right sense of noise. The staff is also what makes this place wonderful, they know their products, help you as needed, but gives you that time to yourself'. This time we drove in from out of town just to have dinner here, making it that kind of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never too returnjamespattDined on 3/22/2014Food was awful and very bland. No taste what so ever. If your gonna put a high price on a piece of steak or prime rib. Make sure u season it or rub it down correctly.Special Features:
- Must DineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014We have been there a few times never disappoints ...the 20oz ribeye, newyork strip, shrimp, event the flat iron steak is excellent...Bread and dessert ..my favorite dish is the blue cheese augratin potatoes...and they take coupons..lol still a very classy place to dine definitely make reservations..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.