The Steak Out
3620 W. Tangerine Rd.
Marana, AZ 85742Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
The Steak Out
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.azsteakout.com/
- Phone: 5205721300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Steak Out offers pickup and catering services handling all of Marana, Oro Valley, and Tucson's catering needs. With a full range of lunch and dinner options, Steak Out Catering is the perfect catering option for any gatherings from 10 to 500 people. Offering pickup, delivery and fully catered lunch and dinner options starting at less than $5 a person. Our experienced staff will be delighted to help you throughout the process, from a simple pre-game party to a 250 person sit down dinner. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 576-6559.
- Private Party Facilities: For large parties or special occasions, we combine an authentic country western atmosphere, exceptional service and outstanding food. With our private dining areas, patios and semi private dining areas we can create the perfect setting for your next corporate or social event. For those very special occasions, all of our locations are available for exclusive private buyout. Whatever your special occasion may require we will be happy to work with you to provide the perfect setting, service and of course, food. Our Private dining room offers a projector with 110" screen for presentations or to watch a special event of TV.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Wystrach 5205721300
- Entertainment: Offering live country western music most Thursdays thru Sundays. Either sit back and enjoy, or bring your dancing shoes and dance away the night. For more information on live acts please visit us online or call.
- Cross Street: Thonydale and Tangerine
- Public Transit: There is no Public transit nearby our Restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Plenty of parking! We have our own private parking lot right at our front door which can handle cars, trucks, buses, truck and trailer and anything else with wheels.
A word from The Steak Out
Over 50 years of serving the finest in-house cut steaks cooked on our mesquite grill and seasoned with our world famous seasoning. Our authentic country atmosphere and live country music is perfect for a night on the town or that special occasion. An amazing steak at a great price is what we have been serving for over 50 years. The Wystrach Family welcomes you and yours to join us for a unique cowboy dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Steak Out reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Local Country SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2013Great food selection, large patio and great country music on Sunday afternoon/nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodThomasDined on 6/20/2013The steaks were cooked perfectly. Everything tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When we got there, there weredoveDined on 6/16/2013When we got there, there were only two other tables being served. First our waiter was so slow, it took over 20 minutes to get our drinks. When our food arrived, he had to immediately take it back because the loaded potato was wrong, when it arrived, it was actually the best part of the whole meal. Thank goodness you have take out container because my dogs loved it. Again the waiter was slow, we got our bill and ended up taking it to the front ourselves due to not seeing anyone that would take it so we could leave. I have been to your establishment a few times before and have never had such an experience. We had a coupon for a free entre, we were told it was only good in the bar...it doesn't state that on the coupon, be more specificSpecial Features:
- Our first visit. We enjoyedTribecaLuncherVIPDined on 6/11/2013Our first visit. We enjoyed the medium well prime rib which was cooked just right. The brownie and ice cream was d'lish. Server was very good. Only one server and she did a fantastice job serving several tables and playing hostess. Very nice southwestern decor. We will be back.Special Features:
- So - SoBadlandsDined on 6/7/2013Selected the prime rib in both the cowgirl and cowboy portions, the raspberry walnut salad and the green chile cheddar potatoes as our side. Meal arrived in about 15 minutes. They were out of goat cheese for the salad, so we selected pepper jack as a substitute. It was a processed slice that the kitchen tore into squares laying on top of the salad. The salad was crisp, fresh and subtle in flavor. The prime rib was prepared exactly as ordered. While we thought the taste and texture of the prime was very good, we were equally disappointed with the cuts. Literally half of the cowboy cut was fat and non-meat and the cowgirl cut was thirty percent throw away. The chile cheddar potatoes were excellent, but small in portion for two people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib was underdone, overpricedsuzieQDined on 5/27/2013Prime rib was underdone, overpriced and not tender.Special Features:
- A good time!787SamDined on 5/20/2013This was our 4th visit to The Steak Out. We absolutely love this place! I ordered a Rib eye. It was cooked perfectly medium. We also shared a salad. Their dressing is a house made creamy ranch, but not ranch I don’t like ranch but I loved their version. My partner ordered the mac and Gouda for a side which was way more for one. The server explained when we ordered it that it served 2 people and she was right. It was delicious! It was busy on the patio and our server Terra was great! She was on top of our every need which was surprising considering how busy it was. I would recommend this place to anyone who loves live country music, and mesquite grilled steak! We will be going back this weekend!Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerGaryDined on 5/12/2013The filet special were perfectly prepared, the baked potato was huge, and the service was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will not go backtwilsonDined on 5/12/2013the menu has changed to an ala carte type making it much more expensive but the service and food quality has not increased with the price. it was not busy yet we had to ask each time for refills. they got our daughters order wrong and seemed put out that she wouldn't eat the wrong meal. no apologies and then what came out looked terrible. this was one our favorite places but we probably won't go back.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2013Steak-Out has now gone to ala carte for sides, but haven't adjusted prices accordingly. The expanded menu doesn't inspire any intererest-this is a steak house, stay with what got you where you are! The salsa was insipid-it tasted like canned tomatoes. For a Mother's Day Saturday night it should have been busy at 7 pm but there were lots of empty tables and booths. Our first clue things weren't the same was that the parking lot had a lot of spaces when we arrived. Since there were so few customers, our order shouldn't have taken the time it did to come from the kitchen. Whoever decided to make all those changes is wrong. The experience was such that we will not be back, nor will we recommend it to anyone.
- good entrees, but sides needed helpryanDined on 5/11/2013I'd been here a few years ago and remember it being okay, though not stellar, but thought I'd give it a try again. The steaks were outstanding - both stand-alone, and on the steak salad - but the sides and appetizer left something to be desired. The salsa had no spice at all (it was the only kind they had), the beans were completely flavored with black pepper, and the spinach needed quite a bit of salt and pepper to give it any kick at all. Additionally, the timing for the kids meals was quite a bit off - our kids got their meals about 5-6 minutes before the adults, and had already made it halfway through theirs by the time we even got our entrees. They were done before we'd gotten halfway through, leading to an end-of-meal rush.
- The Steakout used to be oneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2013The Steakout used to be one of our favorite restaurants. However, the menu has been changed to an a la carte style that has significantly increased the price of the meal without an equal increase in service. Please feel free to contact me for additional details
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2013The steak was perfectly cooked, extremely tender. Waitstaff was attentive and friendly. A Good Find.Special Features:
- Disappointing Steak3045bkVIPDined on 5/9/2013This was our first visit. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere that we really liked. Our server recommended the ribeye as their best steak. Unfortunately i received the toughest steak i have ever had. Guess it was just a bad piece, but a good cook would have seen that and not used it. Had the zucchini appetizer that was quite tasty, but it appeared they coated them in mass and dropped them directly in the deep fryer. This left the sticks on the outside cooked, but those on the inside were soggy and under cooked. This place has potential, but they need to work on food quality and preparation.
- steak outstandingMGPHAASVIPDined on 4/27/2013never had a bad meal here, went for lunch and husband got a tbone off of dinner menu , i got the french dip sandwich, both were delish, however i would suggest that if ordering from the dinner menu that i include the salad and beans that you get when you order it for dinner and for the same price as dinner, waitress told us at lunch it was a la carte..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place but not very crowded.AZfoodiefanDined on 4/17/2013Fun place but not very crowded. Enjoyed the food and western ambience! The loaded baked potato was cold and we sent it back. They brought another one right away, but still not HOT.Special Features:
- The food was good...we wantedCtakDined on 4/5/2013The food was good...we wanted steak, so we tried this restaurant. It was odd to us that the filet comes with beans...? If you want a salad, that is ala carte. Also, sides are served family style...2 servings per side. The interior is done in rustic southwest decor...high ceilings and tile floor make it very noisy. I wouldn't choose this place for a quiet romantic dinner, better for a group type dining experience. They did have a country band playing in the bar area and some people were dancing. Looks like they also have an outdoor patio setting...we will give that a try next time. Steak was good. Done just the way we liked and good flavor and texture.Special Features:
- Amazing food, amazing service,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Amazing food, amazing service, the menu was even cheaper than what was listed on their website. Would recommend to anyone who wants great steak.Special Features:
- All in all, quite a good restaurantMrMeepsDined on 3/20/2013All in all, quite a good restaurant. The food was well-prepared, and the service was… decent... however there were no windows to be looking out of, and it had a bit of a stuffy atmosphere. We will likely return, perhaps for outside seating next time.Special Features:
- Had an enjoyable evening withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013Had an enjoyable evening with friends, food was delicious!Special Features:
- We had a great time. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013We had a great time. Food was great. Service was great. We enjoyed the music. Great time all around!!Special Features:
- I have eaten there 4 times.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013I have eaten there 4 times. the first three were good. the last one was not. Maybe it was that you got slammed. It got busy. We had a group of six. My partner ordered a shrimp cocktail while the rest of us ordered salad. We got our salad, she's still waiting for hers? We never could find our server so was asked another server. Never heard back. For her main meal she ordered a large salad. When they brought it, the guacamole was brown. So it had sat around a bit. I had a ribeye. It was very good.
- I USUALLY NEVER HAVE COMPLAINTSMGPHAASVIPDined on 2/23/2013I USUALLY NEVER HAVE COMPLAINTS FROM THIS RESTAURANT BUT TONIGHT WAS BUSY SO WE UNDERSTAND THEY WERE UNDER PRESSURE, WE DID HAVE TO RETURN 2 STEAKS WHICH WERE OVER COOKED HOWEVER THEY RETURNED THEM PERFECTLY AFTERWARDS, ONE OF OUR PEOPLE IN OUR GROUP DIDNT WANT TO COMPLAIN BUT HIS RIBS WERE COLD, I DID TEST THEM AND THEY WERE INDEED COLD, WE TOLD THE MANAGER AND HE OFFERED NEW RIBS BUT OUR MODEST FRIEND KINKLY DECLINED. OTHERWISE WE ALWAYS ENJOY EATTING HERE !Special Features:
- Nice steak house. OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Nice steak house. Overpriced and small entrees, sides, appetizers, etc. But it does has a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2013We had a wonderful evening with friends. They enjoyed the western setting. Food and service was great.Special Features:
- I used Open Table for a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013I used Open Table for a reservation. When we arrived at the restaurant our reservation was not listed, I would suggest booking a reservation directly with The Steak Out. Steaks are cooked well, but lack any flavor. The portions for side dishes were generous. Our server was very attentive. It won't wow you, just an above average dining experience.
- We love the filet mignon...theyYummyinOroDined on 1/20/2013We love the filet mignon...they will butterfly it for you and it is well seasoned. They have great vegetable choices, too. The atmosphere is casual - cowboy style. Food and service are worth putting this place on a frequent visit list. Oh, and the outdoor area off the bar has a wonderful fireplace.Special Features:
- Great way to begin the year !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2013Excellent place to celebrate birthdays ! Great variety on the menu so everyone may be happy. Generous delicious servings and efficient service. Fun name for the restaurant, too, "The Steak Out." My family dines at the "The Steak Out" often.Special Features:
- Prime rib was not that tender.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012Prime rib was not that tender. But other meals we have had ther have been good.Special Features:
- Great servir. It was a jollyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Great servir. It was a jolly good show. The food was absolutely marvelous mateSpecial Features:
- The steak was great but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012The steak was great but the sauce on the ribs was pretty bad and the sides were pretty bland and need a lot of salt.Special Features:
- Food was dry and arrived atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Food was dry and arrived at the table cold. Hard to get refills on your drinks. Overpriced.
- Live music was great. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/7/2012Live music was great. Food was good but nothing special. Service was mediocre.
- sparkle's tableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2012The place is set up well for diners versus bar goers. The menu could use a few more items in the seafood department, but everyone found something to have. The house salad is very, very good .. .its the dressing.Special Features:
- Overpriced, Poor QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/17/2012This place was grossly overpriced. The food was not good, we waited a long time and then did not get the steak cooked as ordered. Their special beans tasted like canned pinto beans. A waste of money.
- First of many...I hope.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/16/2012The service was great! I LOVE sweet potato fries but the ones that came with my prime rib were cold and lacking a little flavor.Special Features:
- The steak was pretty good,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/10/2012The steak was pretty good, the service was excellent, buboy very attentive.Special Features:
- Ambiance perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2012Ambiance at the Steak Out is fabulous whether you are there with a friend, husband or business group. The wait staff are friendly and professional and move very quickly to get you served.Special Features:
- Disappointment Awaits in MaranaInFromTucsonVIPDined on 6/5/2012Overpriced with little added value.I could cook a better tasting steak in the backyard on the Webber grill. They don't even serve a stale roll with their dinner options.Unimpressed and not returning anytime soon.
- Have been a customer of SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012Have been a customer of Steak Out for over twenty years. Still my favorite steak eatery.Special Features: