The Station at Mountain Lakes
99 Midvale Rd
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Station at Mountain Lakes
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thestationatmtlakes.co/
- Phone: 9733355330
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bradley Cooper
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off site catering is available.
A word from The Station at Mountain Lakes
The Station at Mountain Lakes is a scratch restaurant featuring fresh seafood, steaks, homemade soups, salads, pasta and a variety of unique entrees created by Executive Chef/owner Bradley Cooper. Owner operated for 14 years, The Station is located in a beautifully restored field stone train station in the heart of Mountain Lakes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Station at Mountain Lakes - Best Restaurants in Parsippany ›
The Station at Mountain Lakes reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (37)neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (28)romantic (26)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (16)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (10)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Food and SpotMccloud122VIPDined on 8/25/2014I travel a lot to this area and I can say I am always pleased with their dishes and food selection. You cannot go wrong with entrees here. Prices are about $40 or less for entree's. Great for business dinners and client visits. I would go back for the food.Special Features:
- The Station holds upCoastalGuyDined on 8/23/2014We've eaten at the Station many times over the years. Sometimes just at the small, intimate bar, more often down in the attractive main dining room. We brought friends who had never been before, and everyone was happy we went. The ambience, service, wine list and quality of the food have remained high for all these years. Not inexpensive, but very good value for the money in all categories.Special Features:
- The BestCHAZDined on 8/23/2014Our meals were excellent. From the appetizers to the entrees and to the wines, everything was truly superb. The ambience was wonderful and Carlo, our host, does a masterful job in making certain that everything was perfect. Last but not least, our server Melissa did an outstanding job in taking care of our needs. Carlo has an excellent staff that cater to everyone's needs. Bravo to The Station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerJenniferDined on 8/21/2014I came across this restaurant by location when I was looking for a place to meet a family member who was in town, and we could not have had a nicer dinner. The food was great, and there was a wide variety of choices. The service was friendly and attentive. I would go back in a minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flies everywhereStillhungryDined on 8/5/2014have been to this restaurant a few times with clients. it was a hot humid day outside so we choose to eat inside. We sat by one o f the closed french door windows and there were a tremendous amounts of flies buzzing around. Not the ideal situation to be eating food
- Excellent all around!WillDined on 7/29/2014The food is fabulous - I started with the best clam chowder I've ever had, and had the stuffed pork chop as an entrée, the ambience is perfect (we ate outdoors on a perfect summer evening, but the inside space is wonderful too: a 100 year old moderately sized train station, and the service was perfect. I look forward to my next dinner at The Station!Special Features:
- Fish and Steaks are really goodDaveVIPDined on 7/26/2014We always enjoy a visit to The Station at Mountain Lakes.Special Features:
- Wonderful AmbiancePaulineDined on 7/18/2014The service could not have been better. The food was very good. Overall experience was terrific. I think it's a great place for dinner with friends or a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find cause of Opentablebutchy15VIPDined on 7/17/2014Lived in the area for years but did not lnow this place existed until looking at restaurants on Open table... Bravo Opentable! Food is great been there twice in one week. Great in all categories! Check it out for yourself!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantBeavDined on 7/15/2014First time eating here, will certainly go back! Great menu and wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid / great place tucked awayEDPofNJDined on 7/14/2014I always enjoy going to The Station at Mountain Lakes. Food is always solid and enjoyable. location is what is key - tucked away near train station. have never had a bad experience there.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gemfalln2farDined on 7/12/2014The Firecracker Calamari is outstanding. My husband and I had two different types of Filet Minion and they were both very good. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner in rustic eleganceMaryDined on 7/9/2014My sisters and I recently celebrated a birthday here midweek. It was a shame that a storm was imminent, because the outdoor dining area looked lovely. Inside was equally appealing with old stone walls. Tables are spaced well and the food was delicious. Definitely make a reservation: the place was packed when we left on a Wednesday evening at 8:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodAndreaDined on 7/5/2014Yes, a neighborhood gem, but has all the staples of fine dining. Great food, lots of choices, nice service, bar, nice outdoor space... Basically, The Station has it all!Special Features:
- locals spotBeeMoVIPDined on 6/30/2014A great little gem of a restaurant that only locals seem to know about. Charming setting, diverse menu, great service. Nothing groundbreaking, just good solid menu choices that are well prepared.Special Features:
- RomanticMOMADined on 6/27/2014The food was good, and we enjoyed the atmosphere. They didn't rush us and let us sit after the dinner was over without rushing but making sure our coffee and water was full. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceBFOMDined on 6/27/2014The Station at Mountain Lakes is an excellent restaurant. The staff are attentive and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinersRUsVIPDined on 6/21/2014Extensive menu with many interesting options. The outside patio was a delightful place to dine, converse, and relax.Special Features:
- Warm greetingSLEDDined on 6/14/2014From start to finish, The Station is a wonderful experience. Warm greetings as soon as you open the door. Met friends for a drink at the excellent little bar prior to dinner. The service was very attentive and friendly but graciously let us set our own (slow) pace. Out of the wine we ordered, the waiter brought two other samples to aid us in our replacement selection, both were excellent. The food is ALWAYS wonderful and the specials are very special indeed. Highly recommend for dinner or just a cocktail and an appetizer at the bar!Special Features:
- Nice dinnerDougie53Dined on 6/14/2014The place was very nice, the food was great and the staff was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine with a bit of historySizzleVIPDined on 5/31/2014This is an old train station that was built in 1911, so it's a lovely building with alot of history and charm. The staff is very pleasant and helpful, and the food was very good. It's not a cheap night out, but it's well worth it to have dinner in such an interesting setting. We'll be back.Special Features:
- tomfromwoVIPDined on 5/31/2014Went hear for a birthday celebration. Never knew this place existed. Now that i do I will be back. Food was excellentSpecial Features:
- EXCELLENTNM20Dined on 5/23/2014A very attentive and professional staff. Outstanding menu, everything we ordered was excellent. One of the best restaurants in New JerseySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 14 years?BeeMoVIPDined on 5/16/2014This restaurant has been open for 14 years! How did we not know about this charmer? They don't advertise, it's small and the locals love it! Set in the old Mountain Lakes train station, period touches abound from the old ticket window, lovely windows and doors and lots of decorative wood carvings. We need to return a few more times to pass judgement on the food, which was quite good, but not surprising. It has a large menu, definately something for everyone. Service was excellent despite the capacity crowd. Full bar, reasonable wine selection, definately warrants a return visit ( or six).Special Features:
- Great meal!VeggieQueenDined on 5/15/2014This was my first time dining at the Station. The food was outstanding. I would have given the restaurant 5* if the service was better.Special Features:
- Hidden TreasuremorrisdinerDined on 5/10/2014Hidden just next to the Mtn. Lakes train station, this restaurant has something for everyone. My fishy was cooked perfectly and was served in a delicious tomato sauce. Portions are generous. Would definitely take others here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks to OpenTableAndrewOfCanadaVIPDined on 5/3/2014we found this restaurant while we were passing through the area and staying at a local hotel. Great food, service and very interesting architecture in an old 1912 railway station. We would gladly return on our next time in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 66 reviews are from the The Station at Mountain Lakes reviews archive.
- Elegant meal in a cozy settingMuncheeDined on 4/26/2014Treated ourselves to dinner Saturday night to celebrate a birthday. Wonderful experience. Between four of us we tried the St. Peter's fish prepared two different ways, filet mignon, and stuffed pork chop. All beautifully prepared, lovely sauces, large portions (enough that we took home leftovers.) We all enjoyed Grandma's chocolate cake as well! Service is attentive and appropriately paced. This is a wonderful spot for a special meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing specialhelloVIPDined on 4/25/2014the food was bland at best and the waitress was overbearing. she must have come to our table every 5 minutes to see if we were ready to order. the drinks were pricey and did not have much alcohol in them
- great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Staff is friendly and attentive, food is excellent and beautiful atmosphere! I had a great night there! Must go back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a birthday dinnerAnnette123Dined on 4/8/2014We had 7 adults for dinner and had a terrific dinner.Special Features:
- First ImpressionsfoodieDined on 4/8/2014Hidden away in a residential neighborhood is this quaint restaurant. Reservations are recommended because it's not a big place. I had the cranberry salad and my husband the Caesar. My salad was too salty for my taste. The blue cheese too reminded me of Stella in a container.. dry without much texture or taste. My husbands Caesar on the other hand was tasty with the proper amount of anchovy flavoring. I had a chicken dish and he had a pork chop. Both acceptable dishes. For me, the best part of the meal was the cappuccino and biscotti. Both were exceptional. We will go back, but next time I'll try a pasta dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureHappyDinerDined on 4/4/2014We've dined at The Station for many years and it's always a wonderful experience from the pleasant atmosphere to the superb cuisine. In the last year or so they added calories next to some of the entrees which we haven't see at other such fine restaurants. Carlos is always happy to accommodate us and is so friendly and welcoming. We love the variety on the menu and the grill section where you get several options for how your meat or fish is prepared. My husband loves the filet mignon burgundy and our boys love the classic and creamy mac and cheese (we all steal some). The boys like to look up and see the trains go by too! The scalloped potatoes are heavenly and the pear tart is a favorite dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place. Great good,sbrandanoDined on 3/29/2014Very nice place. Great good, great service, unique location. First time here and would gladly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLove2eatDined on 3/29/2014We have been going for years. The staff is very attentive and the food is delicious . Try the Horseradish Shrimp pasta! It's incredible. You won't be disappointed . They also offer outside dining when the weather permits .Special Features:
- Deliciously contentAndreaDined on 3/22/2014We are regulars at The Station, never have had anything but wonderful food and service. The menu is vast and the chef is accommodating. There is a full bar and wine selection. In the warmer months dining outside is lovely. Can not go wrong with this fine restaurant and it's historic look.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice findbobsVIPDined on 3/21/2014We needed a place to meet the grandchildren in the area, took a chance on a place we did not know. The staff was very helpful with the energetic grandchildren, food was great, a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable and deliciousARR3VIPDined on 3/14/2014We enjoy this restaurant very much. Very good food and service- always. This time our party consisted of 3. We all enjoyed the experience. We will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Put This In The RotationJHAGERESQDined on 3/11/2014Surprisingly Good Business Lunch; Don't Let the fact that it's located at an NJ Transit Train Station Fool You. The Station is a solid choice for a business lunch. Good alternative to other local favorites. Nice menu, good food. Atmosphere conducive to conversation w/ a group. I would definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!CrussoDined on 3/8/2014My husband and I tried The Station for the first time on Saturday. Great place that has a unique feel not fancy but not casual. The food was outstanding, I had the fish Tacos and my husband seared Tuna steak. The service was also terrific, never had to wait for anything the waiter was on top of everything from filling the water glass to our wine glass. Would highly recommend. Looking forward to going back during the warmer months when we could sit outside.Special Features: