The Standard Pour
2900 McKinney Ave
Dallas, TX 75204Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Standard Pour
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tspdallas.com/
- Phone: 2149351370
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peja Kristic
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch
A word from The Standard Pour
This space is referred to a conversation bar when discussing the ambiance and atmosphere. A combination of hard woods, concrete, and industrial metal will have the feel of a raw space. With such a strong cocktail program it is only natural that the 40 foot indoor/outdoor bar be the main feature, accented by a double sided chesterfield, exposed duct work and all brick interior all come together to create a very intimate venue.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Standard Pour reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)fit for foodies (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Poor Food Quality & Bad ServiceFoodAdventurerVIPDined on 6/14/2014We really wanted to like the Standard Poor. But, unfortunately we were very disappointed. It was extremely loud; the service was inattentive and disengaged; and the most important factor - the food - was horrible. The lobster nachos had a few tiny shreds of lobster on top of the very bland chips. The chicken risotto coquettes were dry and tasteless. And the fried chicken strips were oily! To top the evening off, they neglected to check us in on Open Table - a testament to the inattentive staff. We will definitely not be returning.
- SchizophrenicdallasinaVIPDined on 6/13/2014Their big specialty is craft cocktails. Which is why they make the whole table share one extremely raggedy limp copy of the cocktail menu. So that takes a while. Then you get raggedy limp paper menus. Guys, print some new ones! Salmon rillettes were 50 percent salt, whew, now we are thirsty again, and charcuterie board okay but skimpy. Lobster nachos saved the day with the jalapeño jelly. Entrees respectably thought out and well prepared. The schizophrenia comes in from having this beery beat up varnished pine collegiate vibe with okay food, good drinks, and a non-collegiate quite distinctly grown up tab to go with it. Can't say I would go again except for drinks and if I happened to be close by, but didn't hate it. Loud.Special Features:
- Good PourBraveheartVIPDined on 6/8/2014With an old time pub atmosphere, The Standard Pour was a hit in the food and drink category. Though service lagged at times, the drink crratioms were refreshing. Food items were tasty having started with the lobster nachos and chicken risotto croquettes. Main selections of ribs, burger, fried chicken, grits, and chicken and dumplings were delicious and more than enough food. Only hiccup here was the band that came at the end of our meal which was way too big for the room. Had to move outside where it was loud as well.Special Features:
- The following 66 reviews are from the The Standard Pour reviews archive.
- bad servicedstimson1983VIPDined on 5/25/2014Terrible service and bottomless mimosas are flat due to the champagne fountain...food not worth the price
- Brunch Anyone?OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2014Brunch menu is fabulous! Service on the other hand is not on par with the food. Try the unlimited mimosas, and apple pancakes!Special Features:
- Fun as alwaysMsjonzDined on 4/23/2014I took my boss and a couple of co-worker's to Dame Dinner! They were impressed with the food and the atompshere. The drinks were great as usual. I love the new and refreshing sample drinks as well as the menu drinks. We all tried something different and everyone was happy with their choice. Thanks for never making the Dames feel like freeloader but always welcome and excited to see us! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great Easter Brunch!texaslisaDined on 4/20/2014What a fun memory! Our family of three had the perfect little table wedged in the doorway between inside and outside. Jasmine was the sweetest server! We all had bottomless mimosas. Though, the fountain where customers are supposed to refill their own, had very flat...not sparkling wine. So, Jasmine just refilled ours from the kitchen. They were perfect! Daughter and I shared chicken and waffles. Maybe the best I've ever had! Husband had pork tacos. Though tasty and full of pork, eggs, and diced potatoes, they were missing an acid taste. Would've been better with some chutney or tangy salsa of some sort. We will be back. They menu had lots of things we'd like to try!Special Features:
- An Uptown ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014What a great bar! We had cocktails, wine, beer, and appetizers and they were all fantastic. We'd highly recommend the lobster nachos and various mules (Kentucky Mule and Moscow Mule). It's a little pricey, bot totally worth the price because the drinks and food are fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!foodloveDined on 4/13/2014Loved the atmosphere, interior, and the little details throughout the restaurant. Brunch menu was intriguing and would like to go back and try other items. Would come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hosts and ServiceBigGroupDined on 4/2/2014We arrived early because we had two group with reservations 15 minutes apart. Luckily our groups were seated back to back and we were all able to enjoy each other's company. The servers were great and kept us informed. They were professional and accomondatingSpecial Features:
- Fantastic You have to haveSotoVIPDined on 3/22/2014Fantastic You have to have the gringo in a line box If you like a strong wood flavored tasteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Girls Night Out FindShellyDined on 3/12/2014Went for Dames Dinner and was pleasantly surprised that it lived up to the hype. Anyone complaining that there is not enough food provided for the free meal must be used to eating a ton of food regularly. I could not even finish all of the portions provided. Loved the liquid appetizer...was a welcome change. And the drinks were great, plenty of options. Great time had...I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday afternoon delight!JulesDined on 3/1/2014Had a fabulous brunch/lunch enjoying their patio with great food and drinks. Energy off McKinney kept it very lively and fun. Great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlaceCSalDined on 2/19/2014I have been to Standard Pour a couple times now and it has been amazing each time - the service is top-notch, the food is unbelievably good and it is a great location on McKinney (within walking distance of most places but not too busy of an area).Special Features:
- Casual feel, quality experienceTristanMDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant reminded me a lot of being back up in Portland. The decor was dressed down, creating a vintage ambiance, and the food was fun and well-made. Street corn did not disappoint, nor did the steak I had or the Korean bbq salmon that my date enjoyed. As soon as we were seated we were offered complimentary cocktails (sample sizes to be sites, but a welcome features nonetheless), and we never felt neglected, despite being situated a little out of the way. Food came quickly, as did the results of enjoyably unique drinks. Dessert options seemed limited, though everyone raves about the seven layer chocolate cake. All-in-all, a bit pricey (100 for an appetizer, two entrees, and two drinks each), but well worth it. Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and awesome drinks!JoelleDined on 2/12/2014I came here with 3 girlfriends for Dames Dinner Club and the food was incredible! The drinks were just as awesome and the ambience in here is just great! Love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above average.DonTDined on 1/29/2014The drink/wine menus were outstanding. The food menu was somewhat limited. The entrees we ordered were of average preparation and taste. The service was good but not exceptional. I would go back because I like bars; my wife would not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas menu12252013Dined on 12/25/2013The Christmas menu online stated there would be a full menu, but when we got there that was found not to be true.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/22/2013We had a party of 20 for brunch on a Sunday @ 11 am. There was NO crowd! Service was great. I have been here twice and both times have been an awesome experience. Food is great! Drinks are amazing! We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousdeliciousDined on 12/11/2013The ambiance was good and the food was filling and delicious. The staff was great, everyone was really sweet. The live band wad also awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, fun vibe,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/4/2013Great location, fun vibe, nice outdoor seating available. Came here for Dame's Dinner Club but that will probably be the last time as it's not worth the drive even it's a free 3-course meal, which are all practically bite-sized, would not advise coming here to eat that in order to be an actual meal. They have some nice menu selections which are much bigger portions, but the quality of the food is not always consistent.Special Features:
- Enjoyed!!OleRockerDined on 11/16/2013Fun and nice place to go prior to a downtown concert. Good food and drinks!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/5/2013What a great spot, with an amazing atmosphere. The food and drinks were also incredible. Will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and cozyFrankieDined on 11/2/2013We loved it- we could have been in an English pub or a cozy hip bar in NYC. Awesome pretzels, beautiful copper serving cups, Gorgeous bar. Will recommend and go back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed review...NeilAdamMcGinnisVIPDined on 11/2/2013Dined 11/2 Sat. 4PM: Lobster Nachos were good but lobster was totally overwhelmed by cheddar cheese. 3/5 Chicken risotto croquettes were fried perfectly and were good but I could not taste rice or chicken at all, only the cheese. 4/5 Salmon crudo was gross, fishy and warm, I spit out my bite into the napkin (I was still charged for this item). 1/5 Popcorn had a burnt taste and needed seasoning so badly that I could not eat it but the waitress did take this off the bill. 1/5 THE VEAL SWEETBREADS WERE INCREDIBLE! Best sweetbreads in the DFW. 5/5 The cocktails on the menu were extremely good although not the best i've had. Next time I will try having the bartender make me something custom. 4/5 The scene is relaxed and very attractive. 5/5Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard Bar, Poor RestaurantfloydcDined on 10/18/2013The drinks and atmosphere are really great at Standard Pour. They have yet to decide to become a viable restaurant. Service is responsive but slow. Food was delivered after a very long wait and was flavorful but Lukewarm at best. The time was 7pm and with less than half the dining room full, the pork item on the menu was not available. Worth a second try, but do not expect anything to be above STANDARD; be on alert that the food might actually be POUR (sic).Special Features:
- Friendly but slowLisajane2004Dined on 9/26/2013Very friendly service but awfully slow. Great place to share little plates. Excellent cocktails menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dame's Dinner ClubStarcatererDined on 9/25/2013I ordered the Spiced Popcorn from the regular menu. Buttered popcorn with tagarashi, toasted cashews and scallions~ I practically licked the bowl it was so good! My first course was sweet potato soup, served very savory and perfectly seasoned with a hint of curry. Second course was pasta served with grilled pumpkin, dried figs and balsamic sauce. It was such an interesting combination of flavors. It was the best pasta dish that I had ever eaten, even better than dishes that I've eaten in Italy!! Lastly, we were served a grilled pound cake with bourbon soaked fresh peaches. Superb! A first class establishment all the way around. I cannot wait to go back. Might mention, they serve an awesome Manhattan as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place was empty and theCarrie16VIPDined on 9/22/2013The place was empty and the service was so slow. Food is good though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really like Standard PourTD77Dined on 9/18/2013I really like Standard Pour and I think Dame's Dinner is such a fun idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad foodBrownDined on 9/15/2013Had Brunch Sunday at the food was bland and boring.. Went off hi reviews and was very disappointed. Service was OK but should have been better for how slow it was. This was one of the most disappointing meals we have ever had in Dallas! I would not recommend this to anyone...
- Bourbonlicious***19handicapVIPDined on 9/8/2013Great bartenders that are very knowledgable about their Whiskey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectvibrant231Dined on 8/31/2013The atmosphere was great, the food was unique, and the drinks are awesome!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done!ebgroovinDined on 8/30/2013We went on a Friday night - wasn't crowded at all. Bartender was great, server was great. As every review states, they are proud of their cocktails; I had a specialty cocktail (The Birdsong), which was fantastic and worth the price. My friend, however, had a standard martini, and for the teeny tiny size of it, you'd not expect to drop $10. Cheese board, brussel sprouts, mac & cheese - all very good. The lobster nachos were good but tasted fishy, so I wouldn't order those again. All in all, cool vibe - great staff - really good experience. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- sophisticated, fun menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2013Too bad the quality of food is probably lost on most of the young singles crowed that frequents this uptown hot spot. Hostess told us we need to be out of our seats by 900 as another party would be arriving. Apparently, they have problems with people parking all night at dining tables just to make the scene. Good mixologist with interesting ingredients in no use cocktail menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar!Rhone88VIPDined on 8/16/2013Great bar with knowledgable bartenders -- The food was pretty good but the chicken strips and Brussels sprouts were too salty. The lamb ravioli were very good but VERY small portion for $21. The French fries may be their best item which works great for me because I want to go back and like to have something to eat when I drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A really good, original artisanal bTheExhorsecistDined on 8/8/2013Both drinks and food were very creative and reasonably priced, quality considered. For cocktails, you MUST try the Brimstone, that drink is like seeing STAR WARS for the first time. In the theatre. In the original cut where Han shot first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2013Went for the first time and had brunch, I had their crab benedict. No english muffin but a potato pancake instead. I did not like the crab but as it was a crab cake, I just removed it and ate the egg and potato. I ate to much of the dessert bread they serve when you arrive. Staff was friendly. I would try dinner thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Dallas Gem awaits youRobertoDined on 7/20/2013Want a quaint place to eat a bit and enjoy a vibrant bar scene. This is the place. This is a place where it is all about you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the BarPompomDined on 7/17/2013I dined with a girlfriend of mine last Wednesday. The ambience is great and the place gives off a very hip and energetic vibe! Unfortunately, the food left much to be desired. Our server was very friendly, but too busy to be able to really wait on us. Drinks are good but pricey. Portions were extremely small and the food was cold. I would definitely recommend the bar and social scene, but grab dinner elsewhere.Special Features: