The Spinnaker - Sausalito
100 Spinnaker Drive
Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Spinnaker - Sausalito
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thespinnaker.com/
- Phone: 4153321500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Californian
- Executive Chef: Phil Collins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Spinnaker can accommodate parties in the dining room for up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Nelson Julien 4153321500
A word from The Spinnaker - Sausalito
The Spinnaker is located on the Sausalito waterfront offering panoramic views of San Francisco, Angel Island, the East Bay and Belvedere. They serve an impressive menu with fresh seafood and a fine wine selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Spinnaker - Sausalito - Best Restaurants in Sausalito ›
The Spinnaker - Sausalito reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (200)special occasion (144)great for lunch (108)romantic (103)good for groups (76)great for brunch (58)fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (43)kid-friendly (21)notable wine list (21)hot spot (17)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Classy spot with excellent food!ChaineLadyDined on 10/14/2014Lunch special of Petrale sole stuffed with mushrooms and crabs was sublime, and the Petrale sole dore' was perfectly prepared and exactly what we were hoping for; the side of steamed vegetables was absolutely delicious. Dessert bread pudding with custard center was to die for. Service was very nice and we were able to enjoy a long, leisurely visit over our meal. The view from our table at this elegant restaurant in a prime location out on the point in Sausalito was spectacular. We will definitely go back. Well worth the trip from the City.Special Features:
- Great Food but Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We had reservations for 8 at 11 am on Sunday for brunch. We were greeted rather quickly and given menus. However, it took 50 minutes for someone to come to take our drink orders - so we waited to get those before ordering food. Once the drinks came, the service was much better. The food was wonderful and the views are incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horribly dining experiencecindy58Dined on 10/11/2014It was horribly from beginning to end. I had to follow-up with the General Manager.Special Features:
- Like being on vacationOccasionaldinerDined on 10/11/2014Exquisite view of SF skyline, combined with a wonderful menu and outstanding wine, served by a very professional waitstaff made for a fabulous evening out. I only wish I had remembered my wife's drawing material, as she would have created a piece of art commemorating the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sausalito dining on the waterbaahollyDined on 10/11/2014I've been to The Spinnaker three or four times. The location is fabulous; on the bay with unobstructed views of San Francisco and Oakland. The menu is wonderful; f seafood, pasta, steaks, chicken and salads. My favorite is the seared scallops with mushrooms. I've come here for lunch with a large group of friends and for a romantic dinner with my boyfriend. The service is prompt, attentive, but not intrusive. Very nice winelist. Prices are very reasonable especially considering the location and quality of food. I highly recommend The Spinnaker for any occasion when you want seafood or a meal with a great view. Definitely take your out of town friends/relatives here to show off the beautiful part of the world we have here.Special Features:
- The VIEW is the reasonOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 10/11/2014The view is just beautiful. Every table has a view... The food is pretty good, though my Paella was over cooked. But, their fried calamari was very good and not greasy. And, I did like their Caesar salad - not too fishy! Plus, they were very accommodating even when we were an hour late. So, mostly really good experience at Spinnakers aside from my main dish.Special Features:
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Great french fries from my step-mother's words who was visiting from Russia. Fish of the very high quality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014Our to-go spot for visitors. Fantastic view, good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/6/2014This is the go-to restaurant when my cousin and I want to meet in the middle. She lives down the Peninsula, I live in Sonoma County. The service is always stellar, we've developed a nice rapport with the hostess and a couple of the waiters, who know us by name now. The food is excellent, fresh, and beautiful on the plate.Special Features:
- Favorite place for lunchRSGPETDined on 10/5/2014We eat at Spinnaker at least twice a month. The food is always outstanding and we've tried most things on the menu. It's always served at the right temperature and seasoned well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgeDined on 10/4/2014The combination of food and view were quite good and the evening would have been perfect except for a few glitches in service. We were seated at a window table without asking as a part of our reservation. The restaurant was crowded and pretty noisy but we were definitely satisfied and would return on a future visit to the SF Bay Area.Special Features:
- One Timde SpecialMOMCGDined on 10/4/2014We had a group of six with reservation for 6pm Sat night; arrived 6:03, had to wait 15 minutes. Valet parking convenient. Bay view very pleasant. Clam chowder was great. Halibut entrée was overcooked - dry. Wines were enjoyed. Server was attentive, pleasant, not intrusive. Accommodated separate checks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014The waiters need to smile, the food was not well preparedSpecial Features:
- Always A Very Good ExperienceGrtDiningExpDined on 10/2/2014We virtually always make Spinnaker a destination when we have out of town, or State guests. I made the reservation for my wife and I, and our out of state guests, online at Open Table. I requested a table with the best view of the Bay and San Francisco, and got it. The waiter brought drinks and then gave us time to talk, but was there when we were ready to order, and saw to our every need promptly. The food was served as one would expect, with soups and salads first, and all entrees, at the same time, hot from the grill/oven. We all really enjoyed the scenery and entire dining experience and look forward to our next visit to Spinnaker.Special Features:
- tigermaniacDined on 9/30/2014Without a doubt the BEST meal I ever had anywhere ever! Nowhere has a more spectacular view of the bay of San Francisco and the service was impeccable giving us all the time we wanted to enjoy the experience. Only problem was that we found the place the last night there and live in Phila. or it would become our favorite restaurant on the west coast!!!Special Features:
- If you going to San Francisco...FernandoDined on 9/29/2014If you going to San Francisco, The Spinnaker is a pleasure place to go. Always that I visit Bay Area, I need to go to this awesome restaurant. Good place, good food, good service and specially the beauty view of bay area. I strongly recommend The SpinnakerSpecial Features:
- An outstanding restaurant!JackMichaelsDined on 9/29/2014We had not been to the Spinnaker before. It has instantly become one of our favorites. The view is spectacular. If you like seafood, as we do, there are numerous excellent offerings and our waiter was knowledgeable and there when we needed him. We plan to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winnerMangiaDined on 9/28/2014Have not been to the Spinnakeryet when we have not had an excellent meal,great service and a beautiful view. It is one of the most consistent restaurants we know. A wonderful environment to meet old friends or out of towners. We always know we will have a great time at the Spinnaker! Yay!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Oysters!!AnniVIPDined on 9/26/2014We spent the day in Napa/Sonoma Valley - the Spinnaker was the perfect end to a beautiful day. We thoroughly enjoyed it! Best Oysters I've had in a long time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View doesn't get much better!TraceyMagDined on 9/26/2014Exceptional view. Reasonably-priced for more of a finer dining establishment. The exceptional view more than made up for the somewhat dated furnishings. Great service. Our waiter was very friendly & attentive with great recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner CelebrationRondaDined on 9/26/2014This was a great place to celebrate my friend's birthday. Our server, Daniel, was great, very patient, and entertaining to our group of 8 chatty, indecisive ladies. The food and drinks were great, the view was better. The Spinnaker has not failed me yet.Special Features:
- Always Special!MaggieDined on 9/23/2014My husband met his brother there for lunch as they love the spectacular view...Unlike some view restaurants, the Spinnaker always does a great job with the food...My husband had his fav, the sole dore' and his brother ordered the crab salad, and they were both wonderful, according to my husband! When friends or relatives or business associates come from out of town or from overseas, this is our restaurant of choice that combines the best of everything our San Francisco area has to offer, and we prefer it to San Francisco, where the streets are dirty and the parking outrageously expensive. Sausalito is lovely, intimate, great for walking and shopping, and you cannot beat lunch or dinner at the Spinnaker! Keep it up, guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificRevenirDined on 9/22/2014It is always so nice to visit Spinnaker - such a treatSpecial Features:
- Very Nice!lola94925Dined on 9/22/2014I had lunch with my 95 year old father and daughter and it was far better than expected. Great ambiance, views and the food was quite good. We mostly had crab louies and crab salads and everything was fresh and very nice. I would definitely return!Special Features:
- Always good - now better than evertejoVIPDined on 9/21/2014We've been to Spinnaker in the past. Our recent dinner was better than its previous very high standards. The view is second to none; service was exemplary. Our fish was outstanding, well accompanied and presented. Kudos for a job well done.Special Features:
- Panoramic View of the Bay AreaMargieBDined on 9/20/2014Food was delicious & well prepared. Servers were very attentive with your table from refilling your water to picking up plates after each course. Views were remarkable. We got there at 530pm, which was perfect for the sunset and we left when the entire Bay Area was lit up. The only con I would say about Spinnaker's is that it needs to be completely renovated. Very 80's furniture, & dated utensils, a lot of updating is much needed especially that dinner is a good chunk of change ($225 for 4 people). Overall, I would take my family here because of the panoramic views.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding view and great seafoodIainVIPDined on 9/18/2014The spinnaker sits over the water looking out to the Bay Bridge, Alcatraz and the City and provides a spectacular setting for dinner. Food and service were great - we had the local sole which was a real treat. The restaurant itself is a little dated and tired looking but come for the view and the seafood and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpinnakerdinerdelightDined on 9/15/2014Took friends to dinner here on the way back from Wine Country and on to SFO. Beautiful views from restaurant (thus the 3 stars for Ambiance) however everything else was tired and outdated (from old seat cushions to old wallpaper and tile in bathrooms). Not appealing. The food was fine, but nothing that would bring me back again. Overall, a disappointment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/15/2014We enjoyed well-prepared food with the best view ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid choiceGreattimeDined on 9/13/2014Great service, Daniel was an exceptional waiter and paid great attention to details, food was great and prices matched quality. The ocean bay view, scenery and lighting were very romantic. Also we brought our own wine and with $15 corkage you can beat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticLive2liveDined on 9/13/2014A wonderful place to take a special someone for a romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View great food/service NOT!MealwithviewDined on 9/12/2014Come for the view at the bar and forget the food! Also the waitress was awkward with zero knowledge about wine!Special Features:
- GiidgetDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I had not been there in about 20 years, We decided to try it on the way home from Sonoma. We loved it. WE would love to go for brunch. A great place to take people from out of town. My daughter had lunch with friends and they all loved it. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding view and foodMelli118Dined on 9/7/2014The Food was Perfect,Server was very nice and Kind! View phantastic! The only Thing i Misses were candles on the tables!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad/Slow Service, Uncourteous HostUnhappyFutureBrideDined on 9/6/2014Never felt so compelled to write any reviews, but this experience was horrible enough for me carve out time. RVSPed for a Bachelorette Party. Showed up about 5-10 mins late. The host informed us, it'll be 15 mins. 30 mins passed. I (the bride) inquired, the host responded that they're waiting for a particular table to seat us. 30 mins passed, my gf demanded a table. We got seated, then ignored. 15 mins went by, I stopped a busser and asked him to call our server. Another 10 minutes, server came by, dropped down some menus, then disappeared. 20 minutes went by, once again, we raised our hands and asked another server to call our server. Totally ruined my experience. Will never recommend this place to anybody in my circle or extended circle!Special Features:
- A nice eveningKennDined on 9/6/2014Initial service was slow but it picked up and was very niceSpecial Features:
- 15th & 16th Wedding AnniversaryRobsReviewDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I were just reminiscing over the wonderful celebratory time we enjoyed, which began at The Spinnaker!!! The overall atmosphere was wonderfully light, inviting, and absent any pretentious airs. All of this of course was complemented by the stunning views of the Bay that can be enjoined from nearly every table in the main dining area. All of the staff persons we encountered were both accommodatingly courteous and prompt. I do enjoy that the venue / restaurant is seemingly very versatile. Spinnaker's is like a good suite jacket, add the right accessories and you have a very semi-formal setting, dress it down a bit to a "snappy casual" style and you fit right in!!!Special Features:
- Beautiful Bayside DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014This has to be the most beautiful view and excellent dining experience on San Francisco Bay. Everyone at our table was impressed by the whole meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2014Four of us celebrated my mother's 96th birthday here. We've made it a birthday spot for years, despite the fact that we drive from Walnut Creek, about an hour away! Always delicious and special. The view is a true highlight, but the valet and waitstaff are just as special. There's something delicious for all tastes, and you can relax, visit, and enjoy being pampered. Tourists must love it, but many, many locals look forward to eating at the Spinnaker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Spot with a ViewFrancineDined on 9/4/2014Love meeting friends or lunching and/or dining with my husband. Renee is a very pleasant wait person. Good any time of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.