The Spinnaker - Sausalito
100 Spinnaker Drive
Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Spinnaker - Sausalito
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thespinnaker.com/
- Phone: (415) 332-1500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Californian
- Executive Chef: Phil Collins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Spinnaker can accommodate parties in the dining room for up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Nelson Julien 4153321500
A word from The Spinnaker - Sausalito
The Spinnaker is located on the Sausalito waterfront offering panoramic views of San Francisco, Angel Island, the East Bay and Belvedere. They serve an impressive menu with fresh seafood and a fine wine selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Spinnaker - Sausalito - Best Restaurants in Sausalito ›
The Spinnaker - Sausalito reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (189)special occasion (136)romantic (101)great for lunch (96)good for groups (74)great for brunch (50)neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (47)kid-friendly (22)hot spot (18)notable wine list (17)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/18/2014There were four of us ladies having a wonderful lunch The view was spectacular, the food was delicious (I had the Dungeness Crab Louie) Our waitress was delightful and let us linger and chat. What more could we ask for? We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting & wonderful food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014I have never had a bad experience here. The location is unbeatable and the food is excellent with service to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faded Gem Needs Polishingnyc2suburbiaVIPDined on 11/12/2014Obviously you visit The Spinnaker for the great views. We've been there many times over the years. The food is fine and the drinks are small. On our last visit with out of town friends, we were very surprised at how run down the place has become. This old gem needs some serious work. The carpet and the chairs were very worn and what an easy fix. The staff was way too formal - efficient, but cold. The restaurant had only three tables seated at 7:00 pm and we were the last to leave, so lighten up a little. Someone please shake up The Spinnaker and help bring some new life back to a great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful View !!! WOW !!!MadelineDined on 11/8/2014I took my friends from S.Cal to this restaurant while they were in town. One was having her 60th birthday and knew this was a breathtaking view and the food is good. Waiter was ok. My disapointment was the waiter gave the birthday girl (her 60th) a candle on top of a marachino cherry. No cake or dessert whatsoever. Really silly, and made the experience of bringing my dear friend for her birthday a little embarrassing. Really, shouldn't have even acknowleged her birthday. I guess the restaurant is to frugal for a little scoop of ice cream or anything for a birthday celebration. The only really awesome thing about the Spinaker is the breathtaking view if you get a upfront table. Make your resevation and ask for an up front view table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ROBGATESDined on 11/7/2014We enjoyed a FABULOUS dinner at THE SPINNAKER! We were seated at our reserved window table at about 5:15 PM, and moments later watched day slowly turn to night and the lights of beautiful San Francisco Bay illuminate. Soon a full harvest moon with its orange glory rose from the east casting moonlight on the bay with its scattered fog. Nice to see such a variety of boats and watercraft cruise by. Food, drink and service were all fantastic! Prices are very reasonable given the beautiful location and very high quality of everything served. We are greatly appreciative to all who helped make this dining experience so wonderful! BRAVO!Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014From when we arrived and were shown to the best table overlooking SF bay to when our waiter came to the table, we experienced personable, friendly and classy service. Food was good - not too fussy, nicely done seafood, and you can't beat cocktails with this view! We really appreciated the attention and were pleased as well with the very reasonable bill.Special Features:
- Always great!LovethewinecountryVIPDined on 11/1/2014We always enjoy our dinner at The Spinnaker. The view is one of the best in the Bay Area and the food is very consistent. The butter lettuce salad was great and my husband had the chowder which was also good. Three of us had petrale sole and loved it and the other had steak which was gone pretty quickly. We shared ice cream sundaes which topped off the evening perfectly.Special Features:
- Duke & FamilyduketodineDined on 11/1/2014My wife, mom, and I love attending your restaurant. We make it a "habit" monthly or bi-monthly to have dinner at The Spinnaker. My mom always says "this is my favorite restaurant." She is 86 and looks forward to having dinner with you. The prices are reasonable for a first-class place. Claire always greets us by name (Mr. McCarty0 every time we enter or as she seats us. We always get "our" window seat upon request. A very special place! Thanks!Special Features:
- Beautiful place 4 a romantic dinnerjusticeDined on 10/31/2014First took my wife here for our first date 45 years ago....have returned many times when we feel like we want to dress up and go out to a "nice" restaurant. Over the years the faces have changed but the menu has improved; ( more choice than just seafood) but there still is a relaxed elegance to the Spinnaker. We enjoyed ourselves, the meal was good, the view to die for,( clear night SF skyline is beautiful) and you sit on the water. A real nice touch was that I wrote a small note in the OpenTable reservation form stating it was the 45th anniversary of our first date. The Host and the waitress both mentioned it, as well as brought us a small dessert at the end of dinner......Very Nice touch.....Special Features:
- BillDined on 10/31/2014Great spot for a good lunch and great views of the San Francisco Bay, plus the city itself. Also located in the midst of the shopping district in Sausalito.Special Features:
- A very special restaurantJackMichaelsDined on 10/30/2014This was our second visit to The Spinnaker. We again found it to be a very special restaurant with extraordinary views, great food and excellent service. It has become our "go to" local restaurant.Special Features:
- DissapointedtvarelaDined on 10/30/2014We are customers of this restaurant for about 20 years. This time we made the reservation 2 weeks before and ask for a window table (to the San Francisco bay, as always). We were received late and not seated in the requested area. The general manager (NELSON JULIAN) was very rude, without any interest of helping or giving options for fixing the problem, he shouted and threatened us saying he was not going to serve us. We sat at the table he wanted and after 5 minutes he came back to tell us that he had decided not to serve us and we had to go, and if we didn`t get up he would call the cops. It's a shame that because of one person and mostly the general manager, the spinnaker gets a very bad image with clients of a life time.Special Features:
- Best fish and chips around!acesoVIPDined on 10/29/2014We all ordered fish and chips. Absolutely delicious! Instead of using cheap cod, they use halibut. Wow. Perfectly cooked, and the fries are delicate. Forget the diet and enjoy. We had a fantastic view table, near the corner - as we had requested. However, it was extremely hot with the sun beating down on us. For dessert, we headed to the cool bar for a cool beverage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the ViewluvthviewDined on 10/23/2014We met another couple here for dinner and had a window seat overlooking the city and Sausalito. The views are great and the food was really good. We were able to visit with our friends after eating without feeling pressured to vacate the table. Our waitress was very efficient and friendly and helped us decide what to order. Would definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is a favorite.JoJoDined on 10/23/2014The food is delicious, the ambiance is special, and the view is spectacular. The parking is easy and there is a valet, too, for your convenience. The lobster I had was the best I have ever tasted. The service is very good, too.Special Features:
- A+++OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/19/2014We had a really nice experience at Spinnaker. To start with, the valet parking attendant was hospitable. We felt very welcomed when we arrived and he was quick to get the car when we left. Extremely nice guy. The dining experience was great. Our server (Steve S.) was exceptional; polite, was there when we needed him and "got it right." We'd dine there again just because of his great attitude. Food and drinks were good. View was beautiful. Overall. a very nice end to a wonderful day in Marin and the Marin Headlands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantCelebrationsDined on 10/19/2014The Spinnaker is ideal for special occasions, or to "show off" our beautiful San Francisco Bay to visiting foreign business contacts, family and friends. On Sunday we we were there with our 5 year old granddaughter and the waiter graciously served what she asked for: plain pasta with butter. Our previous visit was in the company of my aunt, 99 years young. She loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014When we got to the Spinnaker it was packed! But we got a cocktail table right in front of the window with the most spectacular view of the SF bay. Once our table was ready for us they seated us in front of the window (without requesting it) @ a 4 top! which was so nice of them! We had great service and the food was delicious!!!!! To top it all off - there was a fireworks display over the city! SO blessed to live here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Been going to the Spinnaker off an on since 1972. It never disappoints, especially when it is clear and you have a marvelous view of the Bay and S.F. Food is excellent, always fresh fish, and well-prepared. And it won't break the bank on you like so many restaurants with a view. I had the local halibut, pan seared with a wonderful spinach puree. My wife had her favorite--the seared sea scallops. Excellent all around! The other thing that helps enormously in touristy Sausalito is the free valet parking. Allows you to walk around town before or after dinner or lunch without struggling to find parking!Special Features:
- Classic setting with SFRAN viewsHungryBoyDined on 10/18/2014Great spot for a leisurely lunch or a romantic dinner. Seafood focus is done well, shrimp for, avocado salad appear to be imported and farm raised, but all other fish plates were fresh. Soup choices pretty standard fare, but again, squash was well done. Nice selection of wines by the glass, and all servers appeared to be hustling all the time. Fair prices, and no risk dining at a beautiful setting. They'll be around for decades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy spot with excellent food!ChaineLadyDined on 10/14/2014Lunch special of Petrale sole stuffed with mushrooms and crabs was sublime, and the Petrale sole dore' was perfectly prepared and exactly what we were hoping for; the side of steamed vegetables was absolutely delicious. Dessert bread pudding with custard center was to die for. Service was very nice and we were able to enjoy a long, leisurely visit over our meal. The view from our table at this elegant restaurant in a prime location out on the point in Sausalito was spectacular. We will definitely go back. Well worth the trip from the City.Special Features:
- Great Food but Slow ServicemzgameDined on 10/12/2014We had reservations for 8 at 11 am on Sunday for brunch. We were greeted rather quickly and given menus. However, it took 50 minutes for someone to come to take our drink orders - so we waited to get those before ordering food. Once the drinks came, the service was much better. The food was wonderful and the views are incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horribly dining experiencecindy58Dined on 10/11/2014It was horribly from beginning to end. I had to follow-up with the General Manager.Special Features:
- Like being on vacationOccasionaldinerDined on 10/11/2014Exquisite view of SF skyline, combined with a wonderful menu and outstanding wine, served by a very professional waitstaff made for a fabulous evening out. I only wish I had remembered my wife's drawing material, as she would have created a piece of art commemorating the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sausalito dining on the waterbaahollyDined on 10/11/2014I've been to The Spinnaker three or four times. The location is fabulous; on the bay with unobstructed views of San Francisco and Oakland. The menu is wonderful; f seafood, pasta, steaks, chicken and salads. My favorite is the seared scallops with mushrooms. I've come here for lunch with a large group of friends and for a romantic dinner with my boyfriend. The service is prompt, attentive, but not intrusive. Very nice winelist. Prices are very reasonable especially considering the location and quality of food. I highly recommend The Spinnaker for any occasion when you want seafood or a meal with a great view. Definitely take your out of town friends/relatives here to show off the beautiful part of the world we have here.Special Features:
- The VIEW is the reasonOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 10/11/2014The view is just beautiful. Every table has a view... The food is pretty good, though my Paella was over cooked. But, their fried calamari was very good and not greasy. And, I did like their Caesar salad - not too fishy! Plus, they were very accommodating even when we were an hour late. So, mostly really good experience at Spinnakers aside from my main dish.Special Features:
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Great french fries from my step-mother's words who was visiting from Russia. Fish of the very high quality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014Our to-go spot for visitors. Fantastic view, good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/6/2014This is the go-to restaurant when my cousin and I want to meet in the middle. She lives down the Peninsula, I live in Sonoma County. The service is always stellar, we've developed a nice rapport with the hostess and a couple of the waiters, who know us by name now. The food is excellent, fresh, and beautiful on the plate.Special Features:
- Favorite place for lunchRSGPETDined on 10/5/2014We eat at Spinnaker at least twice a month. The food is always outstanding and we've tried most things on the menu. It's always served at the right temperature and seasoned well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgeDined on 10/4/2014The combination of food and view were quite good and the evening would have been perfect except for a few glitches in service. We were seated at a window table without asking as a part of our reservation. The restaurant was crowded and pretty noisy but we were definitely satisfied and would return on a future visit to the SF Bay Area.Special Features:
- One Timde SpecialMOMCGDined on 10/4/2014We had a group of six with reservation for 6pm Sat night; arrived 6:03, had to wait 15 minutes. Valet parking convenient. Bay view very pleasant. Clam chowder was great. Halibut entrée was overcooked - dry. Wines were enjoyed. Server was attentive, pleasant, not intrusive. Accommodated separate checks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014The waiters need to smile, the food was not well preparedSpecial Features:
- Always A Very Good ExperienceGrtDiningExpDined on 10/2/2014We virtually always make Spinnaker a destination when we have out of town, or State guests. I made the reservation for my wife and I, and our out of state guests, online at Open Table. I requested a table with the best view of the Bay and San Francisco, and got it. The waiter brought drinks and then gave us time to talk, but was there when we were ready to order, and saw to our every need promptly. The food was served as one would expect, with soups and salads first, and all entrees, at the same time, hot from the grill/oven. We all really enjoyed the scenery and entire dining experience and look forward to our next visit to Spinnaker.Special Features:
- tigermaniacDined on 9/30/2014Without a doubt the BEST meal I ever had anywhere ever! Nowhere has a more spectacular view of the bay of San Francisco and the service was impeccable giving us all the time we wanted to enjoy the experience. Only problem was that we found the place the last night there and live in Phila. or it would become our favorite restaurant on the west coast!!!Special Features:
- If you going to San Francisco...FernandoDined on 9/29/2014If you going to San Francisco, The Spinnaker is a pleasure place to go. Always that I visit Bay Area, I need to go to this awesome restaurant. Good place, good food, good service and specially the beauty view of bay area. I strongly recommend The SpinnakerSpecial Features:
- An outstanding restaurant!JackMichaelsDined on 9/29/2014We had not been to the Spinnaker before. It has instantly become one of our favorites. The view is spectacular. If you like seafood, as we do, there are numerous excellent offerings and our waiter was knowledgeable and there when we needed him. We plan to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winnerMangiaDined on 9/28/2014Have not been to the Spinnakeryet when we have not had an excellent meal,great service and a beautiful view. It is one of the most consistent restaurants we know. A wonderful environment to meet old friends or out of towners. We always know we will have a great time at the Spinnaker! Yay!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Oysters!!AnniVIPDined on 9/26/2014We spent the day in Napa/Sonoma Valley - the Spinnaker was the perfect end to a beautiful day. We thoroughly enjoyed it! Best Oysters I've had in a long time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View doesn't get much better!TraceyMagDined on 9/26/2014Exceptional view. Reasonably-priced for more of a finer dining establishment. The exceptional view more than made up for the somewhat dated furnishings. Great service. Our waiter was very friendly & attentive with great recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.