The Spinnaker - Sausalito
100 Spinnaker Drive
Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Spinnaker - Sausalito
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thespinnaker.com/
- Phone: 4153321500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Californian
- Executive Chef: Phil Collins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Spinnaker can accommodate parties in the dining room for up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Nelson Julien 4153321500
A word from The Spinnaker - Sausalito
The Spinnaker is located on the Sausalito waterfront offering panoramic views of San Francisco, Angel Island, the East Bay and Belvedere. They serve an impressive menu with fresh seafood and a fine wine selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Spinnaker - Sausalito - Best Restaurants in Sausalito ›
The Spinnaker - Sausalito reviews from OpenTable diners
235 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (207)special occasion (138)great for lunch (113)romantic (98)great for brunch (75)good for groups (72)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (27)kid-friendly (25)hot spot (17)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- The view and location can't be beatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/28/2014After picking up an out of town visitor at the Airporter, we went to the Spinnaker for a nice summer dinner with a great view. The restaurant staff were very pleasant -- we arrived earlier than planned and they were able to seat us promptly. The restaurant's interior, however, looks worn. The menu includes a variety of choices. Overall not bad but not spectacular.Special Features:
- Best SF ViewfoothillsgirlDined on 8/25/2014Still the best place around for a spectacular view of SF and Bay. Brought out-of-town guests and never disappointed in the food, service and the overall experience. Lunch reservation through Open Table requesting window. Got it! Valet parking lets you spend time wandering the shops as well. Have been coming here for over 50 years. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- lovely place to dineHughandKenDined on 8/24/2014We've been to Spinnaker before and have loved our experiences there. The views of SF city and SF Bay are gorgeous, and the food and service are reliably good.Special Features:
- MarvDined on 8/24/2014A long-time reliable favorite in charming Sausalito. Reasonably-priced excellent fresh seafood and other entrees, served on white tablecloths in a room with huge windows on three sides framing outstanding views of San Francisco and San Francisco Bay--birds, sailboats, yachts, kayaks, and sea lions. Great place to bring first time visitors. Convenient efficient valet parking a bonus in busy tourist area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Marin County Gem!FoodieVIPDined on 8/24/2014My best friend and I just had brunch here and it was yet another wonderful experience. The view was stunning as always, the food delicious (I highly recommend the shrimp salad sandwich with fries) service was prompt and attentive and staff all a pleasure to deal with including the valet Pete who jumped my car when my battery wouldn't start and kept in touch with me by coming in the restaurant and letting me know the status of AAA coming to my rescue! If you're looking for an amazing dining experience and by far the best in Marin don't think twice the Spinnaker is it! Btw my husband and I got married here three years ago in September and will forever cherish the location of our special day :-)
- RoniDined on 8/23/2014Fantastic views of San Francisco, Bay Bridge, Sausalito, Tiburn, Angle Island... Graet food - especially for seafood lovers, but not only. Good service. I'd love to see more veriaty of beers.Special Features:
- tourist trapeurope2014Dined on 8/20/2014Good scenic view; the rest was exceedingly modest...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014frayed and tattered seats. dirty menus. formulaic, less than mediocre food. poor dining experience.
- only good for the (outside) viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014we went to the Spinnaker for a special occasion. the place has become very dated and it feels like they unload tour busses of tourists out front. we had to wait 30 minutes for our table and there was an odd smell. the food was OK. the view was incredible but there are other places in Sausalito with much better food and service in my opinion. not going back.
- WeddingDined on 8/16/2014Our waiter was not very attentive.I ordered a steak,medium.It came out well done,by the time the waiter returned to our table my husband had ate his entree. He took my plate without acknowledging that it had not been eaten.He did not offer any apology,can I get you something else,etc. We waited an hour past our reservation time only to be disappointed by the service & the quality of food. You definitely pay for the view,not a do again for us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Beautiful resturant with gorgeous view. Excellent food. Fantastic service. Highly recommend this resturant. Great for special occasions or anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatSimoneDined on 8/14/2014We go to the Spinnaker always for a special Occasion and we were never disappointed. The food is excellent and you do not pay just for the view. Which a lot restaurants do. We enjoy every time and looking forward to go back soon.Special Features:
- Always great.JillDined on 8/13/2014Fresh seafood with wide range of choices and the view NEVER gets old!Special Features:
- YummyTimetodineDined on 8/9/2014Very good! The special seafood dish was excellent! The clam chowder is yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing views great serviceSc23Dined on 8/8/2014We visited on out first night in Sausalito The view of the sunset looking across to San Francisco was a great introduction to the area We enjoyed very fresh oysters and locally caught fish and the wine was very good Out waiter was helgul and knowledgeable guiding us through the menu. All in all a memorable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Spinnaker Restaurant/SausalitoDininginParadiseDined on 8/7/2014Love the views from The Spinnaker. The food was outstanding and the service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KrumbsfromKovVIPDined on 8/7/2014My wife had a meeting in Sausalito, so we scheduled an early dinner here last week. I don't really understand the criticisms of this place. It is not priced any higher than most restaurants in the area and the food (especially the fish dishes) are tasty and of high quality. Along with a million dollar view and attentive wait staff, the Spinnaker has always been a fine experience. C'mon...people won't go here because the place has outdated decor? I come here to eat and enjoy the view. We probably visit two to four times a year and while no place is perfect, we always have a wonderful experience. Valet parking is a bonus.Special Features:
- the view isn't worth it.dinewellDined on 8/6/2014this may have been a nice restaurant 30 years ago but it is in desperate need of updating. everything about it is dated, faded and dirty. Yes the view is special but the food is mediocre at best. Don't waste your time here.
- Dine in StyleluvthespinnakerDined on 8/5/2014Always a wonderful dining experience at The Spinnaker! The service is impeccable, the food delicious and the view is breath-taking. Enjoying a delicious meal while watching San Francisco transition from day to night makes any occasion that much more special. The Caesar salad is the best in the world and the tiaramisu cannot be matched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view of San FranciscoyumsushiVIPDined on 8/5/2014This restaurant has an amazing view of San Francisco and the food is reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Views and Tasty Food2travelbugsDined on 8/3/2014We were lucky and got the best seat in the house on the corner. We could see the top of the Golden Gate and all of the Bay Bridge, Alcatraz, etc. There were a lot of boats, kayaking and the scenery was very coastal and enjoyable. The food was very good. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeyDined on 8/2/2014It's a good place to take out of town guests to - as long as they are not expecting first rate food to match the stunning scenery. Probably better as a brunch or lunch place. The view is the reason to go, not the food. In fact, it might be a better place to go for pre-dinner drinks and then go to a better restaurant for the meal. Service was good, considering the crowd. Food was so-so and definitely overpriced, though again, it's the view I was paying for... The bathroom was unspeakably nasty. Smelled like urine and was shabby and unattended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with a view!GatorJohnVIPDined on 8/2/2014Solid seafood selections, fairly priced, with a fantastic view, and fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 8/1/2014Spinnaker is a solid restaurant with a consistant level of quality. The view is really what make the restaurant but the offering and good service makes it work. The only issue I had is with the floor manager, it is not comfortable to have him standing crossing his arms watching people work, any good manager works to help the customer experience, not as an overseer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing lunchJannyGDined on 8/1/2014We went for lunch for my fathers 85th birthday. The food was amazing. I had the special of the day....ahi tuna over cheese tortalini with a very very good heirloom tomato sauce. It was very good. My dad had a wonderful seafood salad and my husband had the petrale sole. We love this place. Six years ago we hosted our daughters wedding reception here and the food was amazingly delicious. I thought perhaps the quality would suffer with 160 guests...but NO...it was awesome. I highly recommend the Spinnaker and will most certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and real ambiancebomberCoDined on 7/31/2014The location, the ambiance, the view, the food, the service people all together create a special atmosphere which I hoop could be kept for ever the way it is. It is not fancy also not ventage it is something special. The place is beutiful give you access to a beutiful scenery the view is gorgeous the service is pleasant and the food is delicious. It's one of our world favorite which we would like to keep the way it is! Hopefully the Spinnaker will stay so for long time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NatalieDined on 7/31/2014I have been quite a few times recently and this time was a bit disappointing. Waited 15 mins at the table before the server came over. Then ordered wine and appetizers the wine came after about 5 mins and another 10 for the appetizers. About 20 mins after we had finished our appetizers the waiter finally came back to take our dinner order so we had to wait for the food to be prepared while we sat there with nothing. Food is normally great, this time it was all overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view, great foodCAVisitorDined on 7/31/2014While the decor is a little dated on the inside, this restaurant is clean and nice and the view and food are excellent. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Luz7Dined on 7/28/2014The scenic view was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the service was excellent. Definitely, our DWMC Family and Friends will visit the restaurant again. Thank you so much for letting us feel at home. God bless you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Spinnaker-A Long-standing Gemkitty9Dined on 7/27/2014I have dined at The Spinnaker many times for both lunch and dinner. The food is consistently good and the service beyond professional. I've seen groups from about 10-15 there. Well behaved kids are welcome.. .no toddlers running around. The location is fabulous--ferries, sail boats, seabirds and seals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently good foodMariniteVIPDined on 7/26/2014nicely presented. prepared to your liking. lovely viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodgurusDined on 7/26/2014We love the Spinnaker and have always had a positive experience there.Special Features:
- East Coaster ImpressedMAHBearDined on 7/25/2014I booked this restaurant for lunch asking for a window table with a view. We were seated immediately. Food was delicious. Our waiter was patient in answering her questions about the crab. She had a Crab Louie and I had the Halibut Saute with havarti cheese. Halibut was cooked to perfection and served with perfectly hot steamed vegetables and rice. Both meals were beautifully presented with the ever outstanding San Fransico sour dough bread. The Spinnaker did not disappoint for this very special reunion. It was busy but we were never made to feel rushed. My East Coast cousin was very impressed. Using "OPEN TABLE" was most helpful and made this an easy choice for me to meet my cousin in Sausalito.Special Features:
- Classic seafood dishesdelishfishDined on 7/24/2014This is a classic, no frills, very good seafood restaurant. There is nothing particularly creative about the dishes, but everything is extremely competent and fresh. Never had anything bad...always delicious! And the scenery is outstanding! Very sizable lobster tail served to perfection! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely in every wayJudeDined on 7/24/2014A visit to the Spinnaker is worth it for the views alone, but it's great in other ways as well. Had lunch (swordfish special; chicken with champagne, lemon, and capers), which were well prepared and nicely presented. Service was excellent. DO make a reservation, though; every table was taken and there were people waiting.Special Features:
- Worth the trip from San FranciscoDiderotDined on 7/23/2014Superb view of SF at sun set, nice choice of seafood, very fresh and well cooked, interesting wine list by the glass. cool family ambiance Definitely a must if you are in the bay area.Special Features:
- Fantastic as always!FoodieVIPDined on 7/22/2014The Spinnaker is by far one of if not the best restaurants in Marin and I'm not just saying that because I got married there three years ago. The food is absolutely delicious, the views breathtaking from any table and service is always outstanding!! Cannot recommend the Spinnaker more for a special occasion or just a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavenly Dining5heavenlydinersDined on 7/21/2014We recently hosted a welcome dinner at Spinnaker for a visiting Catholic bishop and we thought we had a "heavenly dining experience" -- from the sweeping panoramic view to the superb food and friendly service Spinnaker provided. We would definitely return and would highly recommend it to our local and visiting friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots to watch while you dineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014An excellent location right on the water. The food was good as always. The service was fine. Valet parking is requiredSpecial Features:
- Could Have Been BetterOnoliciousVIPDined on 7/21/2014One of our favorite places to bring out-of-town guests and for special occasions with friends and family. This is the first time we were a little disappointed.......specifically with the service staff. It seems that there's a new crew on board, and our server in particular was very difficult to understand; he seemed nervous and we had to repeat ourselves or had him repeat himself So we were somewhat disappointed at the quality of service; but the food was definitely up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.