The Spinnaker - Sausalito
100 Spinnaker Drive
Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Spinnaker - Sausalito
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thespinnaker.com/
- Phone: 4153321500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Californian
- Executive Chef: Phil Collins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Spinnaker can accommodate parties in the dining room for up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Nelson Julien 4153321500
A word from The Spinnaker - Sausalito
The Spinnaker is located on the Sausalito waterfront offering panoramic views of San Francisco, Angel Island, the East Bay and Belvedere. They serve an impressive menu with fresh seafood and a fine wine selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Spinnaker - Sausalito - Best Restaurants in Sausalito ›
The Spinnaker - Sausalito reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (199)special occasion (137)great for lunch (108)romantic (100)good for groups (77)great for brunch (63)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (43)kid-friendly (23)notable wine list (23)hot spot (16)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- View doesn't get much better!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Exceptional view. Reasonably-priced for more of a finer dining establishment. The exceptional view more than made up for the somewhat dated furnishings. Great service. Our waiter was very friendly & attentive with great recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner CelebrationRondaDined on 9/26/2014This was a great place to celebrate my friend's birthday. Our server, Daniel, was great, very patient, and entertaining to our group of 8 chatty, indecisive ladies. The food and drinks were great, the view was better. The Spinnaker has not failed me yet.Special Features:
- Always Special!MaggieDined on 9/23/2014My husband met his brother there for lunch as they love the spectacular view...Unlike some view restaurants, the Spinnaker always does a great job with the food...My husband had his fav, the sole dore' and his brother ordered the crab salad, and they were both wonderful, according to my husband! When friends or relatives or business associates come from out of town or from overseas, this is our restaurant of choice that combines the best of everything our San Francisco area has to offer, and we prefer it to San Francisco, where the streets are dirty and the parking outrageously expensive. Sausalito is lovely, intimate, great for walking and shopping, and you cannot beat lunch or dinner at the Spinnaker! Keep it up, guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificRevenirDined on 9/22/2014It is always so nice to visit Spinnaker - such a treatSpecial Features:
- Very Nice!lola94925Dined on 9/22/2014I had lunch with my 95 year old father and daughter and it was far better than expected. Great ambiance, views and the food was quite good. We mostly had crab louies and crab salads and everything was fresh and very nice. I would definitely return!Special Features:
- Always good - now better than evertejoVIPDined on 9/21/2014We've been to Spinnaker in the past. Our recent dinner was better than its previous very high standards. The view is second to none; service was exemplary. Our fish was outstanding, well accompanied and presented. Kudos for a job well done.Special Features:
- Panoramic View of the Bay AreaMargieBDined on 9/20/2014Food was delicious & well prepared. Servers were very attentive with your table from refilling your water to picking up plates after each course. Views were remarkable. We got there at 530pm, which was perfect for the sunset and we left when the entire Bay Area was lit up. The only con I would say about Spinnaker's is that it needs to be completely renovated. Very 80's furniture, & dated utensils, a lot of updating is much needed especially that dinner is a good chunk of change ($225 for 4 people). Overall, I would take my family here because of the panoramic views.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding view and great seafoodIainVIPDined on 9/18/2014The spinnaker sits over the water looking out to the Bay Bridge, Alcatraz and the City and provides a spectacular setting for dinner. Food and service were great - we had the local sole which was a real treat. The restaurant itself is a little dated and tired looking but come for the view and the seafood and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpinnakerdinerdelightDined on 9/15/2014Took friends to dinner here on the way back from Wine Country and on to SFO. Beautiful views from restaurant (thus the 3 stars for Ambiance) however everything else was tired and outdated (from old seat cushions to old wallpaper and tile in bathrooms). Not appealing. The food was fine, but nothing that would bring me back again. Overall, a disappointment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/15/2014We enjoyed well-prepared food with the best view ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid choiceGreattimeDined on 9/13/2014Great service, Daniel was an exceptional waiter and paid great attention to details, food was great and prices matched quality. The ocean bay view, scenery and lighting were very romantic. Also we brought our own wine and with $15 corkage you can beat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticLive2liveDined on 9/13/2014A wonderful place to take a special someone for a romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View great food/service NOT!MealwithviewDined on 9/12/2014Come for the view at the bar and forget the food! Also the waitress was awkward with zero knowledge about wine!Special Features:
- GiidgetDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I had not been there in about 20 years, We decided to try it on the way home from Sonoma. We loved it. WE would love to go for brunch. A great place to take people from out of town. My daughter had lunch with friends and they all loved it. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding view and foodMelli118Dined on 9/7/2014The Food was Perfect,Server was very nice and Kind! View phantastic! The only Thing i Misses were candles on the tables!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad/Slow Service, Uncourteous HostUnhappyFutureBrideDined on 9/6/2014Never felt so compelled to write any reviews, but this experience was horrible enough for me carve out time. RVSPed for a Bachelorette Party. Showed up about 5-10 mins late. The host informed us, it'll be 15 mins. 30 mins passed. I (the bride) inquired, the host responded that they're waiting for a particular table to seat us. 30 mins passed, my gf demanded a table. We got seated, then ignored. 15 mins went by, I stopped a busser and asked him to call our server. Another 10 minutes, server came by, dropped down some menus, then disappeared. 20 minutes went by, once again, we raised our hands and asked another server to call our server. Totally ruined my experience. Will never recommend this place to anybody in my circle or extended circle!Special Features:
- A nice eveningKennDined on 9/6/2014Initial service was slow but it picked up and was very niceSpecial Features:
- 15th & 16th Wedding AnniversaryRobsReviewDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I were just reminiscing over the wonderful celebratory time we enjoyed, which began at The Spinnaker!!! The overall atmosphere was wonderfully light, inviting, and absent any pretentious airs. All of this of course was complemented by the stunning views of the Bay that can be enjoined from nearly every table in the main dining area. All of the staff persons we encountered were both accommodatingly courteous and prompt. I do enjoy that the venue / restaurant is seemingly very versatile. Spinnaker's is like a good suite jacket, add the right accessories and you have a very semi-formal setting, dress it down a bit to a "snappy casual" style and you fit right in!!!Special Features:
- Beautiful Bayside DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014This has to be the most beautiful view and excellent dining experience on San Francisco Bay. Everyone at our table was impressed by the whole meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2014Four of us celebrated my mother's 96th birthday here. We've made it a birthday spot for years, despite the fact that we drive from Walnut Creek, about an hour away! Always delicious and special. The view is a true highlight, but the valet and waitstaff are just as special. There's something delicious for all tastes, and you can relax, visit, and enjoy being pampered. Tourists must love it, but many, many locals look forward to eating at the Spinnaker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Spot with a ViewFrancineDined on 9/4/2014Love meeting friends or lunching and/or dining with my husband. Renee is a very pleasant wait person. Good any time of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for water and city viewgirlonthegoDined on 9/3/2014The Spinnaker met our expectations for a nice birthday lunch. Parking and access is easy. Food was not exceptional, but was OK, maybe just a little on the high side. One of us had the shrimp salad sandwich, which had plenty of shrimp. The other had the paella, which had lots of fish, but was much too "red" for paella. The spice overshadowed the fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurantMurHDined on 8/31/2014The view is my favorite, the skyline of San Francisco and the hills of Marin. Easy parking, and the food is always good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happycamper21Dined on 8/31/2014Lunch was great. food was a little slow being delivered, but overall was a good experience. View is worth the price.Special Features:
- Spectacular views but sloppyLambooVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great bay and city views and decent food. No clue on reservations management - we waited an hour despite open table. Tired furniture and ambiance, too closely packed. Indifferent service at best. Still worth irSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view and location can't be beatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/28/2014After picking up an out of town visitor at the Airporter, we went to the Spinnaker for a nice summer dinner with a great view. The restaurant staff were very pleasant -- we arrived earlier than planned and they were able to seat us promptly. The restaurant's interior, however, looks worn. The menu includes a variety of choices. Overall not bad but not spectacular.Special Features:
- Consistently good quality foodMariniteVIPDined on 8/28/2014Well prepared fish, nicely presented. Willing to split meals without an extra charge. Good about exchanging accompanying sides.Special Features:
- Incredible ViewJeditexanVIPDined on 8/28/2014The food is good and fresh, service very prompt, amazing view from every table. I only wish there was some true outdoor seating, but that is a small quibble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SF ViewfoothillsgirlDined on 8/25/2014Still the best place around for a spectacular view of SF and Bay. Brought out-of-town guests and never disappointed in the food, service and the overall experience. Lunch reservation through Open Table requesting window. Got it! Valet parking lets you spend time wandering the shops as well. Have been coming here for over 50 years. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- lovely place to dineHughandKenDined on 8/24/2014We've been to Spinnaker before and have loved our experiences there. The views of SF city and SF Bay are gorgeous, and the food and service are reliably good.Special Features:
- MarvDined on 8/24/2014A long-time reliable favorite in charming Sausalito. Reasonably-priced excellent fresh seafood and other entrees, served on white tablecloths in a room with huge windows on three sides framing outstanding views of San Francisco and San Francisco Bay--birds, sailboats, yachts, kayaks, and sea lions. Great place to bring first time visitors. Convenient efficient valet parking a bonus in busy tourist area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Marin County Gem!FoodieVIPDined on 8/24/2014My best friend and I just had brunch here and it was yet another wonderful experience. The view was stunning as always, the food delicious (I highly recommend the shrimp salad sandwich with fries) service was prompt and attentive and staff all a pleasure to deal with including the valet Pete who jumped my car when my battery wouldn't start and kept in touch with me by coming in the restaurant and letting me know the status of AAA coming to my rescue! If you're looking for an amazing dining experience and by far the best in Marin don't think twice the Spinnaker is it! Btw my husband and I got married here three years ago in September and will forever cherish the location of our special day :-)
- RoniDined on 8/23/2014Fantastic views of San Francisco, Bay Bridge, Sausalito, Tiburn, Angle Island... Graet food - especially for seafood lovers, but not only. Good service. I'd love to see more veriaty of beers.Special Features:
- tourist trapeurope2014Dined on 8/20/2014Good scenic view; the rest was exceedingly modest...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014frayed and tattered seats. dirty menus. formulaic, less than mediocre food. poor dining experience.
- only good for the (outside) viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014we went to the Spinnaker for a special occasion. the place has become very dated and it feels like they unload tour busses of tourists out front. we had to wait 30 minutes for our table and there was an odd smell. the food was OK. the view was incredible but there are other places in Sausalito with much better food and service in my opinion. not going back.
- WeddingDined on 8/16/2014Our waiter was not very attentive.I ordered a steak,medium.It came out well done,by the time the waiter returned to our table my husband had ate his entree. He took my plate without acknowledging that it had not been eaten.He did not offer any apology,can I get you something else,etc. We waited an hour past our reservation time only to be disappointed by the service & the quality of food. You definitely pay for the view,not a do again for us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Beautiful resturant with gorgeous view. Excellent food. Fantastic service. Highly recommend this resturant. Great for special occasions or anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatSimoneDined on 8/14/2014We go to the Spinnaker always for a special Occasion and we were never disappointed. The food is excellent and you do not pay just for the view. Which a lot restaurants do. We enjoy every time and looking forward to go back soon.Special Features:
- Always great.JillDined on 8/13/2014Fresh seafood with wide range of choices and the view NEVER gets old!Special Features: