23329 Lyons Ave
Valencia, CA 91355Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thesocialrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 661-799-9157
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Higinio Ventura
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Lage 6617558258
A word from The Social
The Social is a creative dining place, where you’ll enjoy a refreshing environment along with friendly companionship, and the finest mixture of drinks with Martinis. Our chefs are ready to serve you with tasteful appetizers, fresh tossed salads, pastas, and a variety of entrees. We cordially invite you to experience our specialty drinks at The Social! The Social offers great dishes in an art deco setting with great service. The menu includes but not limited to wonderful appetizers, delicious soups, super salad, fresh fish, mouth watering pastas, and excellent entrees (Lamb, New York steaks, Filet Mignon, Lobster, pork Loin, etc.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Social - Best Restaurants in Valencia ›
The Social reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (18)fit for foodies (16)vibrant bar scene (10)romantic (9)good for groups (7)notable wine list (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- CindyDined on 10/11/2014Lovely, as usual! We arrived a little early for our reservation and were seated immediately. The staff was attentive but not intrusive. My husband had the lobster tail &it was fabulous! I also enjoyed my steak au poive. I substituted the scalloped potatoes as my side...I just love their scalloped potatoes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Social OutingTomTDined on 10/10/2014We have to the Social two times now and have enjoyed it each time. Looking forward to more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Fantastic restaurant!!! Food is amazing, awesome service....very comfortable atmosphere. Great place to meet friends. We will be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014We've celebrated a couple anniversaries at The Social because we know it will be a nice evening. The filet and lobster was great but the lobster bisque is a fav. After more than a dozen visits there for dinner, it has become our fav restaurant. And being in Newhall is nice because it is in our neighborhood. But I think The Social a real gem in the Santa Clarita Valley.Special Features:
- the socialterryDined on 9/9/2014we hadn't dined at the social in some time ( a definite miss on our part ) . service was crisp and friendly and the food was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Social eveningTruckeeDinerDined on 9/6/2014Great place to go with friends. Great Service, Great Food - I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulsnapproDined on 8/30/2014Another excellent dining experience at The Social. WE are never let down by the quality of the food and the professionalism and courtesy of the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good experience.jagajakVIPDined on 8/29/2014Consistency is so important a place like this, and I believe they nail it. We dine here often and each time we leave completely satisfied. Great service great food attentive owner. For the first time ever I would have liked them to address earlier a table of about six women who were out of control drinking and YELLING and laughing so loud that it disturbed the entire place. Some people are just rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night OutFoodieDined on 8/16/2014We brought friends who had never dined at The Social before. They agreed the atmosphere is trendy & friendly. The Social salad was refreshing and the "Cuban Style Skirt Steak" was a big hit as well as the "Baked Penne". Service was excellent and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!teachermom1954VIPDined on 8/15/2014My daughter and I ate here. This was a very nice place. We are always looking for different places and this was a great find. Food was very good, service was good. They specialize in Martinis. They have an entire menu for them so if you like Martinis this is a place you need to visit. Will for sure go back again.Special Features:
- pastaloverDined on 8/13/2014The Social is one of our favorite special occasion restaurants. The food is always great and the service couldn't be better.Special Features:
- As Good as Usualm1chaelDined on 8/9/2014We have been going to the Social fir years and have always had a good experience. Patrick the owner, is always welcoming and available to accommodate your needs. I believe this to be the best restaurant in the Santa Clarita Valley, which is better known for it's abundance of average restaurants. The food is always prepared well and has a very diverse menu. Good but not the most extensive wine list, however the martini list makes up for it. I usually have a Grey Goose martini straight up which is mixed perfectly. StrIp mall location is forgotten once you step through the door. Well worth the drive. Closed Mondays.Special Features:
- great restaurantEathereDined on 7/26/2014We loved our recent reservation to The Social. Food was excellent and the staff was also great. We will return as often as we can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Social on SundayagabDined on 7/13/2014We went Sunday late afternoon...our fave time to avoid crowds, and found a well appointed friendly place. Jennifer was superb, with product knowledge and great persona to boot. The food, service and milieu were grand.We just moved to Valencia, and The Social is now our dining destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent & Locally OwnedmomandpopdinerDined on 7/8/2014Patrick and his staff never disappoint. The menu is is diverse and the drink menu has something for everyone. We are always treated like family and Patrick is always willing to get creative with the menu. All you have to do is ask. The bar is great for an intimate happy hour or a casual drink any time. The Social is a Santa Clarita gem that beats the local chain restaurants hands down every time.Special Features:
- gem in NewhallKeltechDined on 7/5/2014This is a great little restaurant. So many martinis your head will spin! Smallish menu but each item very good. Desserts are special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Was looking for a new place never been to & this was a nice surprise in an area of town you wouldnt expect. Very good food & service.Special Features:
- The following 135 reviews are from the The Social reviews archive.
- Awesome as alwaysNewhalresidentVIPDined on 6/18/2014Food and service was wonderful as always, and Patrick is so friendly and warm!Special Features:
- A find in Santa Clarita!Saffi2050VIPDined on 6/5/2014Really good food here! Lots of parking, easy to find, great place to meet friends.Special Features:
- Delicious!ItalianFoodieDined on 5/31/2014I'm normally not a fan of strip mall dining, but The Social's food makes it worth the less than stellar ambiance. They've done their best to make the inside inviting and classy, but you can still tell you're in a strip mall. None of this matters, though, because the food is AMAZING!! And that's what we go to restaurants for, right? A+ for food. The staff was also wonderful. Very attentive, professional and friendly. I would go here again in a heartbeat. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- SocialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Great food, great service, a perfect neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Socializing at the SocialTomTDined on 3/29/2014Our first time to this restaurant, and we found it to be a 'keeper.' Entree selections were varied and the ones we tried were very good. We didn't try the Martinis this time, but we had an excellent Shiraz from the wine list. Definitely will go on our 'best' restaurant list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeEileenDined on 3/4/2014It was our first time at this restaurant. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary. The service was great. The meal was well paced. We will definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with Prix Fix Menucmo661Dined on 2/14/2014The lamb was excellent, but the lobster ravioli was just mediocre. There was so much cheese on top, that you couldn't really even taste the lobster. We would have preferred to order off the regular menu, but unfortunately since it was Valentine's day, they only had a Prix Fixe menu to choose from. We will definitely go back, but not on a holiday. We have dined there on other occasions and really enjoyed other options on the full menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, the food was veryscvlilgemDined on 2/14/2014As always, the food was very good. I have been several times and this was the first time for my dining partner. He enjoyed his filet. Said: "it melts in your mouth"! Great job, Patrick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the eveningCJWODDined on 2/8/2014I had not been to The Social for a long time. I was impressed by the very nice menu. The service was a bit slow but courteous and accommodating... They were very busy. I will definitely go again.Special Features:
- the social - terrific as usualterryDined on 1/7/2014have never been disappointed with a meal or the service at the social and tuesday was no exception. the mushroom soup, seafood newberg special and chicken marsala were exceptional. patrick, the owner, greets diners and spends time ensuring everyone is happy with their selections and the service. he has a passion for providing an exceptional experience for each guest. the restaurant sits in a very unassuming strip center but is certainly worth finding if you enjoy great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveninglovelyDined on 1/4/2014We dined early, done by 7:15. Had great service and very good food. We were celebrating 2 birthdays and the Social served us a yummy bday type cake at the end of the meal. A good time had by all.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsGColvinDined on 12/31/2013One of the best restaurants in Valencia. This place in a hidden gem tucked in the Old Orchard Shopping Center. One of our favorite places to go out to eat.Special Features:
- Great experienceKathyCDined on 12/31/2013We went here for the first time on New Year's Eve. We had been meaning to try this place for ages, but just now got around to it. I wish we'd come earlier. The menu had a wide variety with something to please everyone, a nice wine list with reasonable prices, and fantastic martinis. (They don't skimp on the alcohol, either.) The service was impeccable, friendly and attentive but not intrusive. Our wine showed up simultaneously with our entrees. My husband's lobster thermidor and my filet mignon were both excellent. If you are looking for a restaurant that does classic dishes perfectly and has great service, this is the place. Don't look for trendy bizarre ingredients. We were very happy with our meal and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve at the SocialTeacherspetDined on 12/24/2013We booked a table for 5 adults and two babies in highchairs. Our table was set up and ready for us when we arrived. Our server came over and fussed over the babies and from the moment we arrived made sure that ALL of our needs were taken care throughout the entire time we were there. She was wonderful! We ordered martinis from their LONG martini menu and enjoyed them a lot. Their chopped apple salad is really good and we all ordered the filets that were cooked perfectly. My only minor concern was wit the sides that came with the filet. The roasted potatoes were a little dry and the veggies could have been cooked a little more. We would recommend this restaurant to our friends and will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just got home from dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013Just got home from dinner at The Social. Tonight was my first time back there after several years - I just never remember to go there. Every time I have eaten there, the food and service has been excellent and the Osso Buco tonight did not disappoint me. The one thing that was the same tonight as every other time I've eaten there is the noise level, which was ear shattering. If you're looking for excellent food and service, and you don't mind having to talk above everyone else in the restaurant, then you should try The Social.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning and Neighborhood GemGColvinDined on 12/14/2013We wanted a place to take the in-laws. I remembered that we liked the Social so we went there and had a great meal and drinks. The server Jen was very helpful. We will be back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food very slow in gettingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2013food very slow in getting to the table, very busy restaurant, but too long of a wait for food to arriveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The SocialLincolnwineloverVIPDined on 11/27/2013Using an OpenTable search we found this little gem in a strip mall the evening before Thanksgiving while making our way down Interstate 5 from Northern Cal to points south (exiting just in time to avoid the traffic congestion). Most of the action was in the noisy bar but service in the restaurant portion was slow nonetheless. Caribbean coconut satay was out of this world, "small" Caesar salad (which was NOT small) contained real anchovy and was quite delicious - and a great value at $4. Lobster ravioli was a bit salty but still very good and the shrimp gnocchi with pesto sauce was excellent. Wine list was not extensive but reasonably priced; we brought in a bottle of pinot noir and corkage was only $8.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find in shopping mall.MCRCVIPDined on 11/27/2013Nice find in shopping mall. Came from out of town, hungry and found restaurant on Yelp. Good food and pleasant ambianceSpecial Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2013Have been in the Santa Clarita area for nine years and just found this resturant through Open Table. The martini menu is great, over 85 selections! The food was fantastic and the service very good. I would recommend this resturant, and I plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerCzarMeVIPDined on 11/8/2013Had a great time with some friends on our mom's night out. We all wanted a nice place to eat with a great bar selection. The other two in my party had not ever been there so it was a treat. Our service was wonderful from beginning to end.Special Features:
- Great Date NightladywolfdVIPDined on 11/8/2013We arrived around 5:30 on a Friday night. We sat down in the dining room, which wasn't too busy; although the bar was lively. Service was impecible; manager even stopped by the table. They have a wide variety of martinis, so hubby had the Jolly Rancher, which he loved! We started off with calamari and lobster bisque-both were delicious. Now it was around 6PM, and the dining room was pretty full! I had the lobster ravioli (yes, I love lobster), and hubby had the New York Steak. Ravioli was rich and very tasty. Hubby liked the steak, although maybe a little too done for him - he likes it pretty rare. For my dessert, I had the King Kong martini, and hubby had the fruit sponge cake. Both scrumptious! We can't wait to try this place again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2013This was a great place to have dinner. The bar was great, with an excellent selection. Service was perfect and the meals were well crafted and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.