872 Happy Canyon Rd
Castle Rock, CO 80108Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thesocialcastlepines.com/
- Phone: 3035249788x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining area is located adjacent to our restaurant. Please call Elizabeth to book your private event. Depending on your specific needs, we deliver customized menus complete with tailored wine pairings and outstanding service designed to compliment your special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Ogea 3039995772x
- Entertainment: Our location in the beautiful Village of Castle Pines boasts a serene natural backdrop, complete with bountiful green space, shady trees, and even a waterfall! This lush landscape delivers the perfect setting to host outdoor music events and wine tastings. Cozy up for a romantic evening on our alluring patio, or bring the family and indulge in the beauty and unique dining experience that The Social has to offer.
A word from The Social
The Social is Castle Pines’ newest restaurant. Our focus is on creating remarkable globally inspired dishes utilizing socially responsible sourced products. At The Social you will find a rotating seasonally inspired menu that captures the bounty of every season. Join us for Dinner Monday-Saturday, or on the weekends for Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Social - Best Restaurants in Castle Rock ›
The Social reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (6)scenic view (3)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- luvwineDined on 9/23/2014So good to see the great improvements, way to go! Service was amazing, wine list is great. We will be back!Special Features:
- Sorry to See Them GoMJF218VIPDined on 9/5/2014We are so disappointed that our dinner was the last night for The Social. The staff made the most of a bad situation. It was becoming one of our favorite spots.Special Features:
- Let downDaveVIPDined on 8/30/2014Made reservations for Saturday brunch on Open Table, and even called to confirm they were open on Saturday 10am, which their VM says they are. We arrived, and they were shut down tight. Too bad. We have eaten their before and enjoyed ourselves. Don't think we will go back after this.
- Not open for Saturday brunchTravelerDined on 8/16/2014Hate to rate the food as poor without being able to actually try some, but unfortunately both The Social's website and Open Table say that this place is open for brunch on Saturday from 10am to 2pm when that is false and apparently has been for months. We showed up for our reservation to an empty restaurant where we were able to be told by the bartender that brunch is no longer served on Saturday's and they were open for drinks just due to the car show. We ended up having to go elsewhere in the plaza for food. We came back for drinks, which were very good and the bartender was great, but it is highly disappointing and unprofessional for a restaurant to leave false information up for this long when they seem to know it is an issue.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014There is noise from a nearby railroad. But that's not the restaurant's fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbor WantedfoodloverDined on 8/9/2014Sad to see such a great spot and eatery not be used more by the locals. Why drive when you get one of the top places second location with out the traffic hassles. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhill from when they opened...T9405VIPDined on 8/9/2014We really enjoyed having The Social in the neighborhood as a locally owned and supported restaurant. When they opened the food, the drinks, the atmosphere were awesome. We would come in several times a month. However, things have really changed. Our service last night was slow and careless. The food looked like it was prepared by an amateur and didn't taste much better. While it was edible, the 'Luxe Mac and Cheese' was what seemed to be out of box. The goat cheese mashed potatoes had unmelted shredded cheddar on top and were barely warm. The menus still have their Saturday brunch hours on them as well. We had set an Open Table reservation last Saturday only to arrive and find they were closed. We will not return...
- ClosedfoodeeeDined on 8/5/2014We made our reservation on opentable for 9:15. When we arrived (a few minutes early) they were closed. It was completely dark and the only 2 people to be seen we're 2 employees walking to their cars. So we were forced to settle for appetizers at a local brewery.
- Wasted opportunityLovetodineVIPDined on 7/26/2014Saturday night and the restaurant was almost empty. 6 or seven times servers walked by our table just roaming the restaurant and never looked at us. Had to ask to get a server after 15 minutes. Cheese plate was ok but nothing special. One piece of bread to spread the softer cheese. No bread for the table. Chicken was o.k. But nothing special. Fish was overdone and not very palatable. This restaurant is in an upscale neighborhood of Castle Pines. Should have a large following but locals are more discriminating Too bad this restaurant does not measure up.
- pretty solidPowersDined on 7/22/2014Food was decent. I only had can appetizer for dinner (lettuce wrap tacos) and they were marginal. My wife's meal was very good. The waiter had no idea about the menu. Hand't tried anything....So we would definitely go back and give it try. We went on a Tue and place was slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MJF218VIPDined on 7/19/2014One of the best dinners we've experienced. Chef is very creative. Considering history of the location, hope it lasts a long time.Special Features:
- No one was there.CourtDined on 7/19/2014We never were able to eat hear because the restaurant was not open for the time we made the reservation. I don't know if the restaurant gave the wrong information or if open table has the wrong information for them. We saw another couple show up when we were leaving the other restaurant that we had breakfast at and the same thing happened to them.
- The following 68 reviews are from the The Social reviews archive.
- Wish It Were Better!BillVIPDined on 6/20/2014The Social is a convenient place to share a meal in the Castle Pines/Meadows area. It replaced Rodney's within the last year. We tried it for the first time on a Friday night and we're disappointed in the menu and the service. It should be a good neighborhood place to have a meal and a drink, but it just didn't meet our expectations. The place was not 25% full on a Friday evening at 6:30, so maybe others have had the same kinds of issues. If we go back, we'd probably focus on the "plates to share" portion of the menu because the other choices just didn't seem appealing. This was the start of their summer menu. Maybe other seasonal menus will be better.Special Features:
- Dad's Day Bust!AWAXDined on 6/15/2014We reserved a table for Father's Day and right from the start this place was a disappointment. Too bad, because I love it's location and lovely outdoor seating. First, we had to "wait for the kitchen to catch up" to be seated. I would say that there were about five other tables of guests at the time we arrived (on time for our reserve.). We waited 15 minutes for our server who was polite & apologetic. We ordered quickly (different menu than website) and waited for our food. IT WAS TERRIBLE. I ordered eggs benedict with the eggs poached hard & regular Bacon. It came with eggs fried over WAY easy on potatoes (clearly been in a warmer for a LONG time). My Husband's Flank steak was inedible. Leather on the outside and gelatinous on the inside.
- Great Idea Turned Sour!PersnicketyDined on 6/15/2014Social was recommended, so we drove the distance to gather for Father's Day Brunch. The web site looked great & we were excited to try something new, especially in a good midway point . We were thrilled with the decor. Waitstaff was friendly & energetic. Then, something switched. Half of our order was forgotten & we had to ask different waiters 3x for our food. The pancakes came with a large ice cream scoop sized ball of butter, that had melted, while sitting under heat lamp. When I ask for dry pancakes, it took a long time to receive. Mind you, it wasn't very busy in the restaurant! Our eggs still hadn't come out & when they did they were runny, not scrambled or "hard" fried like we asked. Sean, our waiter, did take the eggs off the bill.Special Features:
- Losing groundCPdinerVIPDined on 6/13/2014We've visited this restaurant a few times since it came under new ownership. Each time, the menu has changed, become more and more limited. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just never know what to expect. The quality of the food and the service has taken a nose-dive. The kitchen was very behind on orders, taking an unusually long time to get orders up. When our food did arrive, it came with less than fresh ingredients, yellow, wilted lettuce, shriveled-up grapes. We'd like to see this place succeed, but it's not looking good!
- nice ambience-lousy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The restaurant is in a nice location and we sat outside for dinner. Our waitress was friendly but appeared to be working tables both inside and outside and was not vey attentive. I ordered the ribeye, medium with brussels sprouts and tri-color potatoes as the side dishes. The first steak came to the table "well done" rather than medium. When I pointed this out to the waitress she offered to have it replaced. A few minutes later a second steak arrived. It was cooked medium, but was flavorless and tough. The side dishes were not very tasty either and the presentation was not appealing. We noticed several of the tables around us also returned their meals to t he kitchen.
- Inconsistent food and servicekerriVIPDined on 6/13/2014While I love having a high end restaurant near by -- the food and service are either really good and really not good. We had a new server and she spent more time at the register typing in our order vs getting us our drinks. Also I ordered the clam linguini and the chef had trouble with the clams which I learned as my husband is being served. Then I am offered to have it with shrimp which was fine however they brought me a completely different dish. Then had to go make my dinner while my husband finished his dinner. They did comp my dinner -- that was the right thing to do. the desert menu also needs updating -- very little fruit inspired deserts -- very chocolate heavy and old fashioned. Hoping the spring menu is much better.
- xxxOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014Delicious, unusual food combinations. Pricey, but quality ingredients. We all enjoyed our dishes--salad, roasted vegies, seafood and meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Birthday DinnerDougCOFoodieDined on 6/5/2014We have become regulars at the Social due to their great service, nice selection of wines and cocktails, and delicious food. This is an outstanding alternative to the chain restaurants that are scattered throughout the Castle Rock area. If you are looking to patronize a locally owned restaurant instead of going to a large chain restaurant, come here and help support the great people who work at The Social.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- understaffed and unpreparedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2014This was our first and last visit to The Social. Our reservations were scheduled for 8:00. We arrived at 755 we were told that there would be a 20 minute wait. We were finally sat at 8:25 p.m without menus. We were seated right next to the guitar player. Although he was talented, an electric guitar made for a very noisy meal. We could hardly hear one another. We ordered Calamari to start. It was as tough as chewing gum. We told our server, Mel who by the way, was the only enjoyable part of the meal. She was high energy and a fun personality. We ordered the filets medium. Both came out rare to medium rare. Mel bought us dessert. It was good, not amazing. The Social has potential, but until they get organized, they're in trouble.Special Features:
- Great date nightzzaitzDined on 5/30/2014The food was amazing and live guitar music created great ambiance. Its one of our favorite spotsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDined on 5/23/2014Disappointed in the food. We went on a Friday night with reservations restaurant was full but did not appear busy. Once food.was ordered it was almost 45 minutes before our steaks showed up. Both steaks ordered as medium both were.over cooked. Since we waited 45 minutes for.over cooked steaks decided to eat and not.return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/17/2014My only complaint (and I hate to even call it that) is that the hostess asked us if we wanted to sit right in front of the guitar player who was there that night. We were there to celebrate my husband's birthday and were with his sister and her boyfriend. We wanted to be able to chat so I asked that we not be placed right in front of him. So instead, she took us to the furthest corner over by the kitchen entrance/exit to the dining room. I guess that was my penance for asking not to be put right in front of the guitar player! The restaurant wasn't full so we could have been placed a reasonable distance from the guitar player (so we could still talk) without being placed by the kitchen door. Food was great and a fun evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noon BrunchKatieDined on 5/17/2014This was my third time visiting the Social, first for brunch. I love the ambience and they never seem too busy. I have noted at each visit that the servers seemed very new and short staffed. It appeared the owners were there helping out and had their small children with them. At one point, I saw the owner deliver food with a toddler on her hip. Didn't seem very professional.Special Features:
- gurnsgirlDined on 5/15/2014delicious and delightful-mellow vibe-authentic design, perfectly paired foods and wines, special occasion parties are the best there!Special Features:
- Didn't even sit down to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We walked into the restaurant for Mother's Day Brunch. We did not see a hostess for at least 5 minutes. She finally shows up to the host table and I had to get her attention to check in for our reservation time. She never greeted us at all. I tell her the reservation name, she looks at her computer and just walks away. We wait for another 10 minutes and have no further contact from the hostess. We decided to go - if this was an indication of the kind of service at this restaurant - no thanks!
- Pass on this oneCastleRockFamilyDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day Brunch was our 3rd visit. First was bad wait but staff & food were well worth it. Wife went back with friends for brunch, raw pancakes, food & service poor. Mother's day brunch was the last straw, terrible! Choose this place because it had a buffet. When we got there it was completely picked over, they couldn't even begin to keep up but I saw maybe 3 people to go it in the 3 hrs we were there. Ruined the day. Had a guy playing guitar (was great) but he was obviously embarrassed by the state of the buffet. Many tables got up and left. We waited about 2 hours for our food (which was correct and good). They always have new wait staff, this place will be closed in 3 months, too bad, owners are very nice and good location!
- Off Day?BrupajoDined on 5/11/2014Tried The Social for Mother's Day and had an extremely disappointing experience. Perhaps it was an "off day" for them and they had a higher volume of diners due to the special day. While the atmosphere in the main dining area looked nice, my party was seated in a back room that lacked ambiance. By the time of our reservation (12:45) the brunch buffet looked picked over and items were running out and not being replenished. We opted to order from the limited menu. 2 of our meals arrived after the other 3 in our party had finished their meals. Although the server compensated us for the late meals, it was definitely not the Mother's Day dining experience for which we had hoped.
- Might give it one more try...LuvsaniteoutDined on 5/11/2014Reservation on Mother's Day at 12:15pm. There was a buffet brunch or you could order off a small brunch menu. The buffet was very picked over (some trays were even empty) and it took quite a long time for the server to take our orders, during the wait we never saw anyone from the staff check out the lack of food on the buffet so we opted to order from the menu. The item my husband wanted to order was not available, they had run out of it.(Chillaques) The food took an extraordinarily long time to arrive, but was very good. The server was nice but clearly in the weeds. We have friends who had recommended The Social, and our food was good, but clearly they need some work, on a day like Mother's Day you need your "A" game.
- Absolutely AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2014Reservation at 1130am for Mom's Day brunch, sat at 11:45. Food arrives at 12:35pm, horribly slow service. Chilaquiles was inedible, soggy and simply disgusting. Farmer's breakfast not much better, eggs were ok, potatoes dry and the sausage was red in the middle, totally undercooked. Had to ask for silverware, finally went and got it myself. Very disorganized and just plain poor. Go next door to Tony's and get a sandwich instead.
- Great food, inconsistent serviceHeatherDined on 5/11/2014This was our 2nd attempt at giving The Social a try. This time was much better than the first. The food at brunch was really good though a bit pricey. We were shocked to get the bill and find that coffee was $5 - the same price as the Bloody Mary (which was excellent). The biggest issue is the service. Some of the staff is very helpful, others aren't and they tend to feel a bit unorganized. For example, our food was delivered but we didn't have any silverware or napkins. The girl helping us was friendly and willing to help but it took quite some time to get us forks and napkins while our food was getting cold. It took 10 mins to get one decaf coffee refill and it arrived cold. Once we got the server's attention he fixed it right away.Special Features:
- Not for brunch on Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Brunch service overwhelmed. Manager finally comp meal. We might try another time when crowd level manageableSpecial Features:
- delicious dinnerkerriVIPDined on 5/9/2014we like the new menu changes and the service has improved greatly. food was great and will be back again. took a break from restaurant over past few months because of lack of service and menu being stagnant so happy now with changesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/3/2014We went here for the Cinco de Mayo celebration and had a bad experience. We had a reservation and went early to grab a drink at the bar. It took 20 minutes just to get a beer. We were sat at our table and it took 30 minutes to get 2 glasses of wine. We had placed our appetizer order with our drink order and ONE HOUR later, still had no food/no water/no utensils. If food is going to take that long, at least bring out some water and bread. We know they were busy for this event but staff your restaurant accordingly. We went for brunch on a Saturday once and were one of two couples there and it was great. So, if you go, make sure you have plenty of time to wait or go during a downtime.
- Service so slow we walked outJon808Dined on 5/3/2014I have eaten there once before and the food was good. This last time the service was so slow it took 20 min and grabbed the hostess just so we could get a water. Needless to say we left before the water showed up and not once did a server come check on us. Too many restaurants in the area to worry about one that does care about its patrons.
- Great Summer VenueColoradoOpenTableUserDined on 5/3/2014We ate on the desk and enjoyed a wonderful evening. I had the steak and my date the salmon – both were wonderful. This is a gem for the south metro area. The Social is a contemporary (non-chain!) restaurant like you would find downtown, but without the crowds and noise. We will be back to try more of the menu and of course another bottle of wine sitting out on the deck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Disappointment Beginning to EndwmstramDined on 5/2/2014Our first visit here last December, was a delight. This time a huge disappointment. Seating: With a reservation, given the worst seat in an empty room, and a "look" when we asked to move. It wasn't busy, why the bad table? Service. After 10 minutes we had to ask for attention. Had to ask again when when wine didn't arrive with the app. (It wasn't busy, why the poor service?) The food: A cheese tasting app, was just OK. A duck confit ravioli was delicious, especially the broth. But there was no bread or spoon served, to enjoy the broth. A brisket with white cheddar potatoes and an apple slaw was very tasty. The brisket a bit dry, but that's not unusual, unfortunately it came with little gravy.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014We had an enjoyable Easter Brunch here. The food and service was excellent. Highly recommend! We will be coming here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchLeeCDined on 4/20/2014We went for Easter Brunch, the menu was not much different than their normal menu but the food was all really good. Everyone in our group enjoyed their meal. Service was a little slow but considering how busy they were it was not bad. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.