The Snapper Inn Waterfront Restaurant
500 Shore Drive
Oakdale, NY 11769Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Snapper Inn Waterfront Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thesnapperinn.com/
- Phone: 6315890248x
- Hours of Operation:
Closed Mondays all year,Closed Tuesdays Labor Day - April
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am -2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Maureen Denning
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Numerous Special Occasion Menus including Cocktail Parties, Brunch,
Buffets, Sit Down and Weddings.
- Entertainment: Live music on the lawn friday and sunday evenings in the summer.
Live music in the bar friday evenings in the winter.
Sailboat races during sunday brunch in the winter.
- Special Events: Call or check website for current event.
- Cross Street: Vanderbilt Blvd.
- Public Transit: Long Island Railroad. The Oakdale Station is two miles away. Taxi available.Local attractions include the NYS Bayard Cutting Arboretum, Connetquot River State Park Preserve, Heckshire State Park, Long Island Maritime Museum, Timber Point County Golf Course and West Sayville County Golf Course.
Ferries to Fire Island available in Sayville.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Boat slips available for guests arriving by water.
A word from The Snapper Inn Waterfront Restaurant
Located on the beautiful Connetquot River, with outdoor dining in the summer and intimate fireside dining in the winter. A complete american menu with prime beef, chicken, pasta and the freshest seafood including selections from our own boat and seasonal favorites such as Blue Point oysters, Peconic Bay scallops and live soft shell crabs.Our meticulously researched wine list is stocked with remarkable value and options. Owned and operated by the Remmer Family since 1929. The Snapper Inn is THE place to celebrate life's most special moments including weddings, rehearsal dinners,anniversaries, birthdays, showers and graduations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Snapper Inn Waterfront Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Oakdale ›
The Snapper Inn Waterfront Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (7)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Make a reservation during the summer, especially on the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Food was excellent but service was slow and employees seemed confused as to when to clear tables. Very good and nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place!QueenybeaDined on 6/27/2014This is our new favorite restaurant. Food, service and ambiance are top shelf! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- DisappointingMoonstruckOneVIPDined on 6/27/2014We recently had two good lunches at the Snapper Inn, but lunch three was dreadful. The service was poor. The mussel appetizer was good. He bread (that we had to beg for) was terrible. The main course, weak fish, was a minuscule portion of dried out tasteless fish. The view was lovely, but you can't eat the view. the food & service were POOR.Special Features:
- Has everythingFusspotDined on 6/26/2014Great view, great ambience, gourmet cooking, cool indoors or sunny outdoors on the water, great service. It is a special treat far beyond just dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Waterfront FindrestaurantfanDined on 6/24/2014I had the pleasure of returning to a restaurant I had frequented a while back. The occasion was a birthday celebration this past Tuesday afternoon. The dining experience was a pleasure from beginning to end. It was a beautiful summer day and we were able to sit outside and enjoy the incredible view of the Connetquot River while we ate. We all started with the Bisque soup, which was as delicious as I remembered it. The entrees we enjoyed were the Seafood Platter, Scampi and Mussels Fra Diablo, all superb. Definitely looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friend staff, good food, fun nightSteelmagnolies4Dined on 6/20/2014Staff were pleasant, asked and received crunchy Calamari , blacken Grouper and Salmon were very good. Staff surprised my friend with a free dessert with birthday candle . Country band very good . Beautiful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/17/2014Food was good, bartender was great but service overall was very slooooow. Waiter manger didn't have a clueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charlie123Dined on 6/13/2014Very pleasant service with good food. The manager was right on the ball going from table to table. Beautiful view of the harbor. Staff was very accommodating. Highly recommended for an overall enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Great views, Food was so sojudyDined on 6/6/2014Great view but food was not good. We all had different dinners and neither of us were satisfied. Ordered a bottle of wine and was given papercups. Said they were out of glasses? I went inside to the bar and got some. ...Waiter was a nice kid and very politeSpecial Features:
- The following 25 reviews are from the The Snapper Inn Waterfront Restaurant reviews archive.
- Wanted it to be betterRangerMikeDined on 5/30/2014Unfortunately the waiter though very nice was not attentive enough. Took a long time to order then when food came out one of ours was incorrect. He said it was his fault since he pushed the wrong place on the computer. Missing dish didn't come out until the rest of us were done. Manager and waiter did the correct thing by not charging us but it is what it is. The lobster was very good but the grouper was over cooked. The steamers were very good but the gumbo lacked body and there were no chunks of fish or chicken.Special Features:
- Great for LunchMoonstruckOneVIPDined on 5/27/2014The priced fixed lunch (two courses for $16) is exceptional. The mussels are sweet and delicious served in a fabulous broth. The bread is OK...nothing special. The main courses, perfectly cooked fish, are excellent. This is a great place for a summer lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Family Celebration DinnerVacationtimeVIPDined on 5/16/2014The entire family enjoyed the Snapper Inn - from Appetizers to Deserts! Service very attentive and helpful with selection choices. Several of the notable dishes we had - stuffed mushrooms, calamari, Fra Diavolo, Salmon special, Tuna, Tilipia - And definitely save room for the creme brûlée!Special Features:
- Better Than Ever!DianeVIPDined on 5/9/2014My family has gone to The Snapper Inn for years and always enjoyed its fabulous location right on the water, the warm atmosphere, and large selection of seafood. So we were sad when we learned that it suffered major damage from Superstorm Sandy. But that misfortune has reaped great benefits for its customers today. If you haven't been in a while, it's time to return. It's been beautifully renovated, retaining the nautical charm, but opened up and upgraded. You feel as if you're on a luxurious but comfortable, bright and airy yacht. The service was exceptionally friendly and the menu has some creative and delicious additions to the usual first rate preparation of just-off-the-boat seafood. We can't wait to head back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Waterfront DiningMoonstruckOneVIPDined on 5/9/2014Excellent lunch specials, very lovely room. Waiter needed some help.Special Features:
- Love this place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014We really love this restaurant. It is right in our neighborhood. The food is always great. Chef Maureen is tops!!! Wait staff and management are very professional. We recommend the Snapper Inn to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rediscovering a gem!Food4thoughtDined on 4/19/2014We enjoyed celebrating our anniversary with friends once again at the Snapper Inn with its ambiance, friendly service,beautiful view, and wonderful food! Look forward tour next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic. Classy. Made forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Fantastic. Classy. Made for a perfect anniversary dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality vs QuantityAverageJoeDined on 4/12/2014I chose Special Occasion because of the price in regards to the portion size. It is a beautiful place, with views of the water but if you are looking for quantity - it's not here. I had, bread with butter, appetizers, my entree and dessert and finished everything. For the kind of money spent, I'm used to bringing a little something home to pick on the next day. The same can be said by 3 other people in my party. So, for that once in a while Special Occasion, it's a very nice place and the quality of food was 5 stars, but you're probably not going to leave there with any leftovers considering the amount of money it will cost you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Atmospheredoublin9Dined on 4/10/2014It was my turn to pick the restaurant for our girls' luncheon and I chose the Snapper Inn as it was always a go-to restaurant for parties and holiday family dinners for my family. It had a special homey feel and a beautiful view of the water. It ended up being a perfect choice! I hadn't been there since Hurricane Sandy and was very pleasantly surprised at the renovations. It retains its comfortable atmosphere but has a new classy look. The food was outstanding! In talking with others when I returned home, they told me that they heard the same praises. The good word about the Snapper Inn is getting out! I look forward to returning in the near future with our dining friends and family.Special Features:
- Good food, good wait staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014Good food, good wait staff, beautiful dining room, great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!2BearsDined on 3/23/2014Lively spot for Sunday brunch....food and service were top drawer.....a bit noisy but tolerable....can't wait for warmer weather to dine outdoors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!MikeDined on 3/16/2014I really like this place! In fact we booked my son's graduation party after our last visit.Special Features:
- The fish dinners we had ofOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014The fish dinners we had of Black Bass was excellent. Our only complaint was the fried Calamari was cooked to much. Other than that the food was outstanding,and our waitress was friendly ,pleasant and paid attention to our table.Special Features:
- Great nightDavidVIPDined on 3/8/2014We had a great night food was fantastic service was great as it always is will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I did enjoy the meal and thedeeseDined on 3/1/2014I did enjoy the meal and the overall experience. We were a little put off when we had to pay extra for a vegetable dish to substitute for the unappealing side that came with the fish special. Though the food was very good, I do think that the restaurant is a bit overpriced. We had a nice table, but behind the divider was a very large party with many young children. The children were allowed to run throughout the entire dining room. Though this is not the fault of the Snapper Inn, we were told there was nothing that cold be done when we asked if the parents could be asked not to have their children wildly running and disrupting our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2014The food was good. Nothing spectacular, but good. The issue was there was often a lack of food at the buffet. Trays were frequently missing food. In addition, there was no rotation of items. The buffet had limited options. We had specifically chosen a buffet so there would be variety and it was lacking.Special Features:
- Had lunch with two friends...EvenLunchbumDined on 2/19/2014Had lunch with two friends...Even though it was a miserable day outside, it was a beautiful experience inside. Everything was perfect, from the service to the food to the atmosphere! Will definitely be back soon with my husband!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2014 first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Always enjoy Snapper Inn. Wonderful Happy Hour, very friendly staff and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines dinnerButterfly1234567890Dined on 2/14/2014Me and my husband came here for a valentine dinner and it was fenomenal! I enjoyed the food, staff was great and the view of the restaurant it's beautiful. Will recommend if to anyone and we'll be coming back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for a special dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We were there for Valentines Day. There were many choices for dinner, specials and price-fix. The atmosphere was beautiful with live music. Every women received a long stemmed rose. The food was fabulous. The service was great. The couple we were with are very fussy but they just kept saying, "This is really good". It made Valentines Day extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Food was great - service was excellent. Our server made us feel as though she was our personal server. She was always there to respond to our needs and was extremely gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a date!Jones44Dined on 2/14/2014Very romantic setting, the lighting/ambience was incredible. We were not rushed as we're accustomed to from most restaurants, especially on such a busy night as Valentine's Day. Highly reccomend the Seafood Bisque!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hutchhutchDined on 2/14/2014Excellent service, great view of the water and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014I really liked the restaurant. Food was good, ambiance was great, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.