4420 Lakeside Drive
Burbank, CA 91505Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.smokehouse1946.com/
- Phone: (818) 845-3731
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Javier Solis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Smokehouse
Are you looking for a casual, family-style restaurant with a friendly star-studded atmosphere? Look no further than SMOKEHOUSE RESTAURANT. While you're here, you can enjoy dining at its best, as well as being treated like a star. You will love our American and Continental Cuisine that includes prime rib, aged steaks, rack of lamb, BBQ ribs, fresh seafood, daily chef specials and many more. We also offer an award winning Sunday brunch that includes a carving station, fresh seafood and salad station, dessert station, pasta station and much more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Smokehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (37)romantic (26)great for brunch (24)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (21)late-night find (12)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- LarryVIPDined on 11/24/2014The Smokehouse has been around since I was a kid. For various reasons I have gone there several times over those decades. At best, it has never been better than an "OK". This trip sealed it for me -- I will not be back voluntarily. The food is the key reason. It is not bad, but it isn't so good either. That includes their specialty, the baby-back ribs, and the tri-tip sandwich. I suspect they continue to exist only because they are right across the street from Warner Brothers studio.
- Old Hollywood Glamour RevisitedTimmiGailVIPDined on 11/23/2014A visit to The Smokehouse is like a visit to the Hollywood of days gone by. As usual, the food and service was excellent. Ever visit there feels like a special occasion. Every customer is treated as a treasured guest. It reminds me of what fine dining used to be like and is all to rare now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014We have been dining at The Smoke House since 1964 when you had a restaurant in Sherman Oaks. The Tournedos of Beef is excellent and the garlic cheese bread is the best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Steakhouse Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2014This place is a classic. The vibe is definitely old school and the food is classic steak house delicious. If you are looking for a rock solid dry gin martini with a great steak and luscious sides, this is your place. The service was attentive without being over the top. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Bad serviceOzo1019Dined on 11/15/2014Service was bad and the drinks were all Ice. Food was good, but the duct taped seats were not what I expected with the prices they charged.
- Best garlic cheese breadJulieDined on 11/14/2014The Smokehouse has been around forever and there's a reason. The food is always delicious, especially the cheese bread. The shrimp scampi was wonderful, but you go there for their prime rib and steak. Our waitress was delightful and made for a fun evening. It's old style, however, the decor and the music. You go for the food, not the scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaurieDined on 11/11/2014Thank you for recognizing Veterans. It is certainly was an extremely pleasant experience dining there where service and the food was excellent. Our thanks again for your generosity to Veterans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary night2pugmamaDined on 10/14/2014Coming alone,I got the perfect table for me..in the bar..could hear the music while still being able to watch the ball game. I think the Anniversary Special menu where all dinner include appetizer,starch and veggie for $19.46..is a great deal.The portions are huge.They had free anniversary cake for the night,but.I am gluten free. Only 2 small issues..I ordered my beef rare..it was not,but I do not believe in waste,so I didnt send back.And,they had a prize raffle for anniversary night..but..because I was a single dinerwas not given a ticket.Made me feel like my $25 didnt matter.Special Features:
- Burbank ReunionlfbassDined on 10/12/2014From out of town. Good spot to meet for a small group. Quiet enough that we didn't need to talk loud (like many restaurants). Waiters were professional but not terribly friendly (almost gruff). Champagne brunch was good but I have experienced better for the price. Atmosphere is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smokehouse for brunchskyrich62Dined on 10/5/2014I love the Smokehouse. I've been there for dinner and brunch many times. This is a great old-fashioned steak house with red leather booths, outstanding service, and fantastic food. The Sunday brunch is, in a word: wonderful. The staff is friendly, efficient and professional. Not once did we have to ask our waiter for anything. I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone.Special Features:
- Double AnniversaryearlybirdDined on 10/2/2014Smokehouse's 68th and our 32nd. $19.42 menu with excellent choices - $6.80 house wine bottle in October! Butternut squash soup was heavenly. Attentive service and an anniversary dessert. Helped make our evening very special.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014Our first visit was delightful and we decided to go back. This visit was not so good. We will not go back. The food and drink on our side of town are better.
- Old School Steakhouse seems tiredNTrav25VIPDined on 8/31/2014We regularly enjoy the Tam O'Shanter and recently tried The Smokehouse but found it very out of date and a little shabby thus the low score for ambiance. The food was OK and the service was very attentive but the place needs to be remodeled badly.Special Features:
- AmazingKatFoodieDined on 8/31/2014It was an amazing buffet. So much food I didn't even get to try everything. Service was fast, friendly and consistent. One of my new favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any night out in BurbankRichardDined on 8/29/2014What can I say? I've been to Smokehouse once before, left completely full and satisfied, and this time was the same! Great food, good prices, and friendly staff.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014The Thursday night special of filet mignon is a great buy, especially for groups of 20 or more. The service is very accomodating and food is great. Even the photographer is very nice and takes great picture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smoke House diningtazcatDined on 8/18/2014The Burbank restaurant scene is plentiful. Being a resident of La Crescenta/Glendale I am pleased to continue to dine at the Smoke House. Always a great atmosphere and tasty food items. Prime Rib cuts are still very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world charmLeocletusDined on 8/16/2014Always love the Smokehouse. Great food. Terrific price and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The smokehouse has been one of my favorites since I was a little grirl The location is right in front of the studios. You never who you might see.. Red leather booths. Delicious food, garlic bread is famous. expensive, but so worth itSpecial Features:
- Great old tradition.AwinrmVIPDined on 8/16/2014When you first walk in the banner says "celebrating 67 years". Yes, they've been around for a long time....not much has changed. Nice portions....very ordinary food. If you want old fashioned American food, this is your place. If you want newer creative dishes...look elsewhere. If you go, you must try their "world famous" garlic cheese bread.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best!jjschaumDined on 8/16/2014I have been going to The Smokehouse for so many years....I just took my best friend's KIDS there! We all love it...the food, the service, and don't forget that fabulous garlic cheesebread. Still a winner. Smokehouse....we ALL love you!Special Features:
- Check notesBlaznbobDined on 8/15/2014My only quibble was we had added a NOTE to our reservation that requested a table near the fireplace. They obviously did not even notice this note and tried to sit else somewhere waaaay away from the fireplace -- that is, of course, until I spoke up and complained. Then they sat us right next to the fireplace -- which, by the way -- was not working.Special Features:
- Great Garlic BreadRonBDined on 8/10/2014I have been going to this restaurant since the early 60's. The quality has always been great. For all these years I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Super Kid Friendly! Great Value!TexasFoodLoverDined on 8/9/2014We were looking for a restaurant that was suitable for our 3 children, near Universal City, and we were craving steak! This was perfect! Huge kids portions! My husband and I both had nice cuts of meat, salad, and wine. The kids all had a nice meal plus an extra side of mac and cheese. We made it out of there for $150! Usually my husband and I cannot get out of a steak restaurant for that amount! I had the bone-in strip and it was cooked perfectly to med-rare. The flavor was not like Morton's or a finer steak house, but it suited our needs perfectly. It is dark and dated, but has stood the test of time! If you want a nice steak at a reasonable price, this is your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014It's just a throwback to the past. Good food, service, and atmosphere. It is not pretentious. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never changing venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I had not been to the Smoke House for a very long time and was glad to see that it has not changed! I enjoyed the ambiance, and the service was great. Thank you for keeping everything as I remembered it. I really liked that I could make reservations on line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special OccasionsandsDined on 8/6/2014My afternoon dinner date with my daughter was a special occasion. We were celebrating her birthday a little early. I thought The Smokehouse would be an extra-special place to dine, and it was. The service and food were excellent. Hopefully the time we spent together will be remembered for many years to come.Special Features:
- Diner/DancerssssssswDined on 8/2/2014Smokehouse is like a second home to many locals. The ambiance allows people to mingle easily, or feel like dancing when the music starts! The food is dependable, with an assortment to fit anyone's' dining needs. The staff is like visiting a relative you haven't seen recently, and the welcome is the same!Special Features:
- Early dinner on SaturdayCriticalDined on 8/2/2014After a matinee performance on Saturday in North Hollywood, we needed a last minute reservation for dinner. We remembered the Smokehouse from long ago. It is an old guard red-leather booth steakhouse. Since they had tables readily available, we used Open Table to make a quick reservation and headed over. Even with a reservation, the hostess stuck us at an cramped, odd table, jammed into a corner next to the fireplace and the kitchen door. There were plenty of open booths and tables. The food was very good and but the wait staff was only so-so. We felt as if we had communication problems with our waiter. The restaurant itself looks a bit tired and needs maintenance. Overall, our experience was acceptable and I would go back.Special Features:
- JMacDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed a nice "ladies' lunch" at the Smokehouse. Food, service, and ambiance were solid. However, the food is a bit over-priced. Nice, nostalgic environment.Special Features:
- PSILoveFoodVIPDined on 7/31/2014One of the oldest steakhouses in the area. Great prime rib! Amazing history!Special Features:
- First RateNel727Dined on 7/31/2014We have been to the Smokehouse several times. It is first rate every time.Special Features:
- The following 1090 reviews are from the The Smokehouse reviews archive.
- FionaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Food is always great! Old school dining at its best! Prime rib, barbaque, awesome salads, house specials and best martini I in town. The real gem is the server Judy! By far the best server around, has a photogenic memory, order is always perfect!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedDesireeDined on 7/26/2014Hadn't been here in years. Came in and was disappointed with my prime rib dinner. The food was very bland. Not what I remembered. I was even disappointed with the cheese bread and that was what I came in for.
- adequate lunchNancyVIPDined on 7/26/2014a group of us had lunch at the Smokehouse and the waitstaff was efficient and helpful. The ambience was quiet and accommodating. The food was good but not great.Special Features:
- Great place with historyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014We love the Smokehouse - always have. We had a great time, the service was terrific, the food was great!Special Features:
- A treasureLindaDined on 7/18/2014The Smokehouse is a treasure. Old World Style with a first class dining experience. The Prime Rib is the best! We have been coming here for over 30 years and look forward to the next time we visit! Very fancy but comfortable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingdbyrnesDined on 7/17/2014I was really looking forward to having their steak sandwich but they have removed it from the menu. It was the primary reason I decided to go there.Special Features:
- NoisydinewithloveDined on 7/17/2014Good food and service. Noisy, noisy. Made reservations for dinner. Was put in bar area. Noisy. Had a yell to here anyone then a band started playing. Ask for main dinning room if you don't want NOISY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time at an old traditionMikeOVIPDined on 7/17/2014Went on a recommendation from the hotel! Very good choice in Burbank. Definetely had the old time flare and right near Warner Brothers studio. George Clooneys old hang out during er days. Good meal and would go back. If your in town a neat stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.