4420 Lakeside Drive
Burbank, CA 91505Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.smokehouse1946.com/
- Phone: 8188453731
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Javier Solis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Smokehouse
Are you looking for a casual, family-style restaurant with a friendly star-studded atmosphere? Look no further than SMOKEHOUSE RESTAURANT. While you're here, you can enjoy dining at its best, as well as being treated like a star. You will love our American and Continental Cuisine that includes prime rib, aged steaks, rack of lamb, BBQ ribs, fresh seafood, daily chef specials and many more. We also offer an award winning Sunday brunch that includes a carving station, fresh seafood and salad station, dessert station, pasta station and much more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Smokehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)neighborhood gem (67)good for groups (53)romantic (42)great for brunch (31)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (12)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Terrible Food was terriblemsrubiaDined on 5/10/2014My family of 9 went here to celebrate Mother's Day. We went on the Saturday before to avoid the crowds. That was the only successful part of the visit. Everyone ordered something different and everyone's food was terrible. The ribs were extremely dry. The steak was way overlooked. Even the kids pasta was way overlooked to the point that the noodles were just mush. We will never go here again.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceHappyMomDined on 5/9/2014My son-in-law selected this restaurant for his birthday dinner because it was a favorite of my uncle who recently passed away. There were seven of us and we sat at a large round table. The garlic/cheese bread is very tasty. The table orders were split between baby back ribs and the prime rib. Everyone was completely happy with their selected dish. We shared the cheese cake for dessert which was wonderful! All the wait staff did an excellent job of keeping waters full and clearing plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ribs!!Fi11Dined on 5/8/2014Excellent BBQ sauce, loved it! Loved the 50% off bottled as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School ChicOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/7/2014brings you back to the 1950s with an updated menu. Very friendly service and generous portions.Special Features:
- Fantastic!PoetwingsDined on 5/6/2014We had a wonderful time! The service was great, the servers were friendly and courteous. The food was outstanding! Prime rib was juicy and cooked to order, the baked potato was perfect and the famous garlic bread Fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs help of Chef Robert IrvinemrsteakDined on 5/5/2014Place needs a total makeover! Feels dirty and is really shabby! Doesn't appear to be well managed. Food is ok...nothing great...I think they cook a steak one way only. It was my first time there in 7 years and it has gone down hill. Too bad...the place is a classic steakhouse that deserves better.
- good, not greatjeanmusicDined on 5/4/2014My favorite cut is porterhouse steak, but today's was not so great. It was a bit tough. My mom's filet mignon was overcooked and thus, dry. But we didn't bother to complain. My brother had rack of ribs, which was good. Overall I'd say it was "good", but not a "great" experience that we had hoped for.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2014We come to the Smokehouse often because we have fond memories of fantastic food, fun with friends, and fond memories!Special Features:
- CherieOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/4/2014Great place for Sunday brunch always enjoyable! We have taken several guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Star gazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Situated across from Warner Bros. it's not unlikely to see a celebrity dining at the Smokehouse. I've been enjoying the Smokehouse for 50 years, however, the service this time was sub-par. When I made my reservation I specified a table which we were not seated at. By the time I remembered the party was seated and too embarrassed to get up to move. Also I feel we waited too long for our drinks. This would not deter me from returning. I think it was more the personality of the waiter and not to be blamed on the restaurant itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very nice.RomadinerVIPDined on 5/3/2014Our part of 4 enjoyed the relatively quite atmosphere and spacious booth. The portions were large and well presented. Everyone enjoyed the food except me. I had the ribs and was disappointed. They were OK, but I expected better, did not seem to be fresh.Special Features:
- Definitely a neighborhood gemDJKVDined on 4/27/2014My great grandparents went here for yeas and it has always been a special place to celebrate special occasions. This year it was my 29th Birthday! The amazing food and wonderful service makes for a very pleasant dining experience. Basically, I ate like a king that night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sunday BrunchJGilVIPDined on 4/27/2014Sunday brunch is a staple here. Buffet is complete and full of tasty delights. Service is exceptional. Great for small and large groups. Another place to people watch. Try the patio on a lazy afternoon and you'll be hooked.Special Features:
- Good TimeWandaDined on 4/27/2014Love this Sunday brunch place. Great service.. They don't rush you out and I just cant say enough about the service. The waiter we had was outstanding. We sat on the patio and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014I have been coming to the Smokehouse for over 60 years and the food and service is as good now as it was when my family first started going there.Special Features:
- A Great Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014Two of my best friends and I meet for dinner every couple of months and The Smokehouse is the place we usually go. Everything from the parking to being seated to the service to the food is always just wonderful. With and without our respective spouces, we've been dining at The Smokehouse for some 40-plus years. Fun place!Special Features:
- bobbyDined on 4/24/2014The restaurant is badly in need of some updating. The floors and the carpeting look like they were installed when the restaurant 1sst opened. There was an odor coming thru the air conditioning in the front room near the street. The food was fine but the ambience is gone.
- Gone to seedPopcornmanDined on 4/22/2014Our party of six had three overcooked steaks and one shrimp dish that had to be sent back. Cocktails were anemic. Restaurant is 68 years old, and shows it. The kitchen staff and the decor need a re-do.
- ServiceSusieDined on 4/20/2014Our family has been going to the smoke house for years to celebrate special occasions. The last few years the service has not always been the best. I have say we had great service on thanksgiving day and excellent service on Easter from our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunchBirthdayDined on 4/20/2014Why would they even take reservations on such a busy day if they can't seat their resos within 15 min. or so of the requested time? Waited 45 minute after our reservation. I was told that some people had been there over three hours, eating the buffet and drinking their complimentary champagne. Food was so-so, but the service was friendly and prompt. The hostess was unpleasant. I'm certain we won't return for brunch, but maybe we'll give a regular dinner a try.
- Reservation means nothing hereWaitover40Dined on 4/20/2014I know holidays are always busy but having to wait beyond 40 minutes of your assigned reservation time to just ridiculous! No apology from the staff, the only response at check-in is we are running about 20 minutes behind schedule. She said that to the ten people in front of me and probably the 20 people behind me. Why have an automated reservation system if you dont use it. Might come here again but never on a holiday. Service staff was excellent and food was good but the wait really made the whole experience bad. Its not like you can up and leave with a party of 6 and go somewhere else, we were forced to wait. Based on the numbers this restaurant didnt give a dam since they had a captive crowd
- so disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014I was beyond disappointed their brunch went down hill. :(
- The Smokehouse Is Consistently GoodTarzanaDaveDined on 4/19/2014We have been going to the Smokehouse for nearly 50 years. (My adopted father has enjoyed the bar and restaurant since it opened. He has loved the place and, for 97 years old, wouldn't waste his time on anything inferior.) We enjoy the consistent good food, varied menu and friendly, efficient service. We often, unexpectedly, run into friends there, much to our surprise and enjoyment. This is the type of restaurant that I remember from my childhood when our parents would take the whole family out for a special occasion at a fancy restaurant. The red leather booths, white table cloths, subdued lighting and servers who know how to make everyone comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - yummy!NeetzieDined on 4/19/2014We liked the aged beef and barbecue dishes - very hickory tasting - yummy! The waiter was however, forgetful of little things, pepper on the salad bringing the bread, but to the credit of this restaurant, other waiters picked up the slack for him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as sexy as I rememberNonnaMerlinoDined on 4/17/2014I have been going to the Smoke House since I was a little girl. I'm almost 60 years old now and live in St. Louis and flew in for my mothers 88th birthday. It was our first and only choice for lunch. Opening up those front doors and looking in and feeling the cool air hit us was like coming home. Peaking into that beautiful bar all I could think was this place is as sexy as I remembered. Thank you for keeping this Gem of a Resturant the same over all these years. It's was a great lunch! We loved it!!! And don't get me started on the garlic bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerpantherDined on 4/15/2014The resturant was extremly noisy and the place needs updated the booths have cracks in them and the servers are all male there extremly slow and cant speak english very well and have no personnality. The food average definitly not worth what there charging.
- Lunch with the girlsBarbDined on 4/15/2014We were in town for a girls getaway and to attend the Ellen show. I haven't been to the Smokehouse for many years( we used to go for date night 30 years ago) and decided to have lunch there. It was just as I remembered and every bit a good. The food and service was excellent! I will be returning for a fabulous meal when I am in town.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2014An enjoyable Sunday afternoon at the Smoke House Brunch....Always tasty.Special Features:
- Smokehouse-A Hidden TreasureBCJ21Dined on 4/13/2014We have been going to the Smokehouse for over 25 years and we have never been disappointed by the food or the service. There cheese bread is notoriously great and we have brought some to take home, but it never makes it. A great place for a special evening or dinner.Special Features:
- Death of a legendOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014What a shame to have witnessed the death of a legend. The Smoke House used to be a classy restaurant. Now it seems like a Sizzler with a good zip code. Shorts and sandals seemed to be the prevalent attire, tables on top of tables, patrons without the common sense to take their screaming babies outside and management without the common sense to say something to them, slow service, adequate food and ridiculously expensive valet parking. Even the garlic cheese bread isn't what it used to be.What a disappointment!Special Features:
- Was niceKarenDined on 4/12/2014Great garlic bread and the food was ok although a little old school. Service was very good. Booths are on the small side. We were a party of four and asked to be moved to another table to get some elbow room. We were very well accommodated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best garlic bread. The portionsBritrussellDined on 4/11/2014Best garlic bread. The portions are generous and everything taste great and meat is cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!EileenDined on 4/10/2014Come here whenever we're in town. Chateaubriand for two and garlic bread! Can't beat it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestSpiritTouristVIPDined on 4/10/2014The prime rib is always excellent. One of the best in town. Haven't tried anything else, don't have to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still FuneatingisgoodDined on 4/5/2014We visited the Smokehouse after 27 years away from the neighborhood. It brought back fun memories and we had a great time. The food was good, service was great, and it still looked like "the good old days."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Smokin'PeterDined on 4/5/2014Hadn't been here for years but was so much of what we remembered. Our Open Table reservation rewarded us with an exuberant welcome from the host followed by prompt seating at a comfortable booth. The garlic bread was exactly as we recalled from years ago; very nice when certain things do not change over time. Soup and salads were healthy portions and nicely prepared. Fresh fish, steak and stroganoff were all nicely prepared and presented; sumptuous and delicious. The waitress added a side vegetable for one of the meals; nicely done. We'll be back much sooner this time.Special Features:
- Best Steak in Years!!!CattleRanchFamilyDined on 4/5/2014My family was in the cattle business for over four generations. My father hand selected the cut of every steak that came across our family table. You never needed anything on it, it was too good for steak sauce! Ever since my father passed away, I find I barely eat steak, especially at restaurants, because nothing ever compares. However, on our first visit to The Steakhouse I decided to order the porterhouse. I am so glad I did, because as soon as I took the first bite... I was back home. I can't wait to take my family there when they come to visit. Dad would have LOVED this place, especially their steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old favorite did not disappoint!NeetzieDined on 4/5/2014Steak and dessert yummy, sides okay, but the garlic bread is as stellar as it always has been since I first found you in 1986!!Special Features:
- Family get-togethersFavoritelocationDined on 4/5/2014Adoption Day, Mother's or Father's Days, birthdays, and memorials after funerals, our famy always gathers here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we wentBcrace12Dined on 3/28/2014The SmokeHouse is a classic "throwback" Steakhouse. Our table ordered Ribeye, Lamb Rack, Chicken Piccata, and Pork Ribs. All dishes were well prepared and served timely. I will definitely go back for another dinner and recommend others to do the same.Special Features: