4420 Lakeside Drive
Burbank, CA 91505Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.smokehouse1946.com/
- Phone: 8188453731
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Javier Solis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Smokehouse
Are you looking for a casual, family-style restaurant with a friendly star-studded atmosphere? Look no further than SMOKEHOUSE RESTAURANT. While you're here, you can enjoy dining at its best, as well as being treated like a star. You will love our American and Continental Cuisine that includes prime rib, aged steaks, rack of lamb, BBQ ribs, fresh seafood, daily chef specials and many more. We also offer an award winning Sunday brunch that includes a carving station, fresh seafood and salad station, dessert station, pasta station and much more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Smokehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)neighborhood gem (67)good for groups (54)romantic (43)great for brunch (31)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (18)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (12)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Never againNeverAgainDined on 7/3/2014Food didn't taste good. Meat was dry. Food was not hot when it was brought out to us.
- Smokehouse - a must!travel4workluv2dineoutDined on 7/2/2014Delicious food in a very historic restaurant. Great service, great food! A definite must when in Burbank/Hollywood!!Special Features:
- yummycamilleDined on 7/2/2014great cheese bread and the fish and chips are delicious because its halibutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 89th Birthday dinneranneVIPDined on 7/2/2014Took my friend for an 80th birthday dinner. Except for the fact that they did not follow up on my special request that noted it was an 80th birthday, it was very good. I was disappointed that my notation that it was an 80th birthday was completely ignored. I would have given 4 stars for the service otherwise.
- TerriblefoodcriticDined on 7/1/2014We had to waiters for our table of 15. One of them was very nice and accommodating, but the assistant was awful. Spilled a drink over my friend and snapped at me when I requested for a box. The hostess was pretty unfriendly and never made eye contact or smiled at us. Lastly, the Food is TERRIBLE. Like, extremely bad and maybe stuck in the 1950s. Pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw? No. It was not coleslaw, it was a few shreds of cabbage. And since I'm from the South, I have pretty high expectations of Pulled Pork and this one failed miserably. WAY too salty to even eat...I tried a few bites and just couldn't stand it anymore. The pork itself was pretty dry. I eventually exchanged it for the Mahi Mahi tacos which were bleh. Don't go here.
- Smokehouse smokedoutFoodieDined on 6/29/2014The hostess accepted the 2:30 reservation over the phone for a dinner party of 5, Yet when we arrived the hostess stated dinner was at 5. She proceeded to call the chef and he accomodated us, when the food arrived the prime Rib was undercooked, rare, not medium, and was cold, overall a terrible experience. I have not been to the smokehouse since 1989, everyone was speaking spanish, our server was speaking To the hostess in spanish, it was rude. I highly recommend Not eating at the smokehouse.Special Features:
- Great food and classic ambiancesbtradeDined on 6/27/2014The Steaks here are the best you can find anywhere, and with some you have the option to order the portion size you want. the sides are all cooked to perfection and of course the cheese bread. almost a meal unto its self as we always get a full order so we have some to take home.Special Features:
- Still wonderfulnormanayDined on 6/22/2014The Smokehouse has been in this town longer than i have. In fact, the Smokehouse has been around for over 65 years, and it all stands to reason. It's simply great. It does a traditional kind of food---steakhouse food---perfectly, and is located in a really good spot. Easy parking, convenient, premium food & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- been having dinner thereFAV4USDined on 6/21/2014Wife and I have been eating there for fifty years and nothing has changed except the prices. We had chateau breand medium rare and as expected its perfect..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/19/2014Nice food, nice waiter. We sat in a corner booth that was surrounded with wood paneling and somehow it seemed to catch the noise. We could hear the conversations of those around us very clearly, sort of like being in a "whispering gallery." Maybe a corner table isn't the greatest place for a romantic dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKBperrybreaVIPDined on 6/16/2014We went to the Smokehouse because it's the old standby for my uncle who lives nearby, but it really needs a facelift! The place was packed on a Monday night so many like coming here - the food was fine, the service was pleasant, and the 50% discount on wine was nice. The biggest problem is the B rating on the door and the dirty, dingy look of the carpet, seating areas, etc. It just felt yucky!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014FANTASTIC DINNER! Tony our server was great and very gracious.
- Classicly CharmingguardDined on 6/16/2014Honestly one of our favorite spots... fantastic garlic cheese bread and an awesome ceasar salad. They also do a great prime rib...Special Features:
- Classic atmosphereMelpDined on 6/15/2014It's a classic Burbank hang out, but stick to afterwork cocktails and nosh. Dinner is not good. Service at dinner is not classic and not attentive. Cocktails in the bar is fun.Special Features:
- Amazing!MomandwifeDined on 6/15/2014I've never been to such an amazing brunch. Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and BadBfarlyDined on 6/14/2014$5.50 for parking?? And very little street parking?--That's ridiculous for Burbank. The restaurant is overly dark with red pleather booths and chairs that were used in an 80s banquet hall. The darkness, the dated look of everything, including the ceiling tiles, made it feel dirty. It was darker than Musso and Frank's with a fraction of the history. It also seemed to be full of older tourists, which made me feel very out of place (Angelenos avoid the tourist traps!). The food though was good. I got the BBQ combination with chicken and ribs, and as a transplant from TX, it was really good BBQ. My husband got the steak sandwich, which was also tasty. Good portion sizes for the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- netminderDined on 6/14/2014the food is great the service is great the menu choices are plentiful the ambience is old school highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceMarlaDined on 6/10/2014My husband and I went there for our anniversary. The food was good and the service was great! We will definitely be back! Love the cheese bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their Sunday Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014The food selection is plenty, and and very tasty! The Sunday brunch is the perfect place to sample a variety of delicious food, while catching up with good friends, and family.Special Features:
- mld309Dined on 5/31/2014You must do the garlic bread! This is fabulous supper club, with live music, great food and classic cocktails. You feel almost transported in time when you dine. Hector provided excellent service and you can't go wrong with any smokehouse signature item, we tried 6 of the options and all were exceptionally delicious. We finished the meal with the Boston Cream Pie, which since, I have returned to enjoy by myself rather than share.Special Features:
- disappointedDined on 5/31/2014We have been going to the Smoke House for over 25 years. It is consistently delicious. No complaints here.Special Features:
- The Smokehouse doesn't disappointfullDined on 5/26/2014Given that it was Memorial Day, the SmokeHouse wasn't very busy when we arrived at 5:30. We were seated promptly at our choice of a table rather than a booth. The four of us had a very nice time. Ice tea and water glasses were kept full and the garlic cheese bread was just the way it always is. Prime rib special is a good value. We split a dessert and had just enough sweet to round out the meal. I was surprised that the valet service fee is now $5.50.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TraditionalMfoodieVIPDined on 5/25/2014The food is old school 1940's. But that is not bad. There are wonderful items that are off modern menu's. Their food is consistently good, reasonably prices.
- ClassicChicagoDined on 5/23/2014We enjoyed our dinner at The Smokehouse. The staff was very friendly and helpful. At times we were not able to find our waiter in the bar area, but others were always happy to help. Drinks were very weak, but still enjoyable. In the dining area our waiter was excellent, we never had to track him down, he was very helpful and courteous. The prime rib (ordered medium rare) was a bit on the tough side, but the vegetables and potatoes were good. Garlic bread was EXCELLENT.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1047 reviews are from the The Smokehouse reviews archive.
- Great as usualWayneDined on 5/21/2014We are regulars and the food and service were great.Special Features:
- JohnDined on 5/19/2014We should have ordered a steak or the prime rib in order to given the Smokehouse a more fair rating. Outside of the beef, there was not an appetizing selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to the 60sGSmileyDined on 5/15/2014Great 60's class steakhouse. Large portions. Tough guy menu. You expect the Rat Pack to walk in. Love it.Special Features:
- The SmokehouseMarkDined on 5/14/2014Good Smoked Ribs & pulled pork were tasty. Good smoked flavorSpecial Features:
- To understand 20th century L.A.DPineyDined on 5/12/2014Step into 1940s Los Angeles with deep red booths, nooks and crannies, a worthy bar, glowing signage....traditional dinner faire of Hollywood's Golden Age...and with imagination, you will see the people who perfected the movies as they once were...And...the food...excellent...Special Features:
- Go for the Garlic BreadSRM5Dined on 5/12/2014Friendly and accommodating staff, but at these prices, the food was very disappointing (other than the garlic bread).
- Excellent steaks and chopsScottymcgookinDined on 5/12/2014Excellent food and very good service. Highly recommend the prime rib. Cocktails are also a generous pour. Great place to celebrate with friends and family. Live it up and experience the delicious food and service of the Smokehouse. You deserve it and will not regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The SmokehouseBDW44Dined on 5/11/2014I chose this restaurant primarily because I remember it from way back. The food is still very good and the service was also very good considering that it was Mother's Day and they were VERY busy. I will definitely return for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I know you can do better.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I drove all the way from O.C. for Mothers's day Lunch. I had 6 people with me. I made reservations, I asked if we could order off the menue because we did not want Brunch. I was told, yes. Reservations for 2:30. Seated at 3. OVERCROWDED to the point we could not walk around tables. NO lights in the booth we sat in. Temperature 80 degrees. We were all sweating. Worst part, told we could NOT order off the menue. Spoke to the manager to no avail. $45 for a brunch is ridiculous. Normally $25. Nothing special or different so why the price increase. My mom owns a Passport and Visa Co in Burbank, right by Warner Bros. she sends many people here to eat. I've been here, and it was 100% better. Very disapointed that day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We have eaten there many times before this occasion and every time we come we always have a good time and plenty of food and drinks. We will come Back again. Everyone in our party really enjoyed themselves.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchaymziesDined on 5/11/2014I took my mom to Mother's Day Brunch and was not disappointed. The buffet had a great selection and the service was great. Our waiter was very attentive and kind. I've been to the Smokehouse before and have never been disappointed. Definitely highly recommended.Special Features:
- Avoid Holiday BrunchMauigirlDined on 5/11/2014They packed way too many people into the restaurant for Mother's Day Brunch. Once you got seated, the table next to you had to get up to let you out. Not great with a buffet. Everyone spent the entire meal getting up to step aside for guests to get through to get food. The staff was overwhelmed, the buffet was a mess and the entire restaurant's guests were wedged in. Surprised the Fire Marshal didn't show up and shut the place down.Special Features:
- decliningdisappointedDined on 5/11/2014They sat my mom at a table for 2 with only 1 chair. Then no one claimed our station and we sat for 15 minutes before I finally found someone to serve us. It was not her station but she took it. The food was barely cooked and the plates were dirty. The garlic bread is still great but I would never eat a meal there again.
- The Smokehouse is a Classic.SoozGODined on 5/10/2014I've been to the Smokehouse many times over the years, for brunch, lunch, and dinner. Their extensive menu, full bar and perfect location have made it the perfect place to celebrate birthdays, catch a quick meal before seeing a show, or hang out and have drinks. I've found the service varies, but overall I'm impressed that The Smokehouse has maintained its standing as one of my favorite classic restaurants in Los Angeles.Special Features:
- greatbreadDined on 5/10/2014We love to go to The Smokehouse and especially love the special between 4-6 when you get 25% off of your bill. All of the wait staff are friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classic!donnerlVIPDined on 5/10/2014The Smokehouse is such a great standard and popular with so many! GREAT cocktails, interesting wait staff AND customers, good food. I love meeting friends here, and having a roaming photographer (who charges reasonable prices for prints) is a hoot! One of our favorite haunts. The bands I have heard here have been really good -- not too loud but soulful and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.