4420 Lakeside Drive
Burbank, CA 91505Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.smokehouse1946.com/
- Phone: 8188453731
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Javier Solis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Smokehouse
Are you looking for a casual, family-style restaurant with a friendly star-studded atmosphere? Look no further than SMOKEHOUSE RESTAURANT. While you're here, you can enjoy dining at its best, as well as being treated like a star. You will love our American and Continental Cuisine that includes prime rib, aged steaks, rack of lamb, BBQ ribs, fresh seafood, daily chef specials and many more. We also offer an award winning Sunday brunch that includes a carving station, fresh seafood and salad station, dessert station, pasta station and much more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Smokehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)neighborhood gem (68)good for groups (55)romantic (43)great for brunch (31)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (26)notable wine list (19)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (12)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014Our first visit was delightful and we decided to go back. This visit was not so good. We will not go back. The food and drink on our side of town are better.
- Old School Steakhouse seems tiredNTrav25VIPDined on 8/31/2014We regularly enjoy the Tam O'Shanter and recently tried The Smokehouse but found it very out of date and a little shabby thus the low score for ambiance. The food was OK and the service was very attentive but the place needs to be remodeled badly.Special Features:
- AmazingKatFoodieDined on 8/31/2014It was an amazing buffet. So much food I didn't even get to try everything. Service was fast, friendly and consistent. One of my new favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any night out in BurbankRichardDined on 8/29/2014What can I say? I've been to Smokehouse once before, left completely full and satisfied, and this time was the same! Great food, good prices, and friendly staff.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014The Thursday night special of filet mignon is a great buy, especially for groups of 20 or more. The service is very accomodating and food is great. Even the photographer is very nice and takes great picture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smoke House diningtazcatDined on 8/18/2014The Burbank restaurant scene is plentiful. Being a resident of La Crescenta/Glendale I am pleased to continue to dine at the Smoke House. Always a great atmosphere and tasty food items. Prime Rib cuts are still very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world charmLeocletusDined on 8/16/2014Always love the Smokehouse. Great food. Terrific price and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The smokehouse has been one of my favorites since I was a little grirl The location is right in front of the studios. You never who you might see.. Red leather booths. Delicious food, garlic bread is famous. expensive, but so worth itSpecial Features:
- Great old tradition.AwinrmVIPDined on 8/16/2014When you first walk in the banner says "celebrating 67 years". Yes, they've been around for a long time....not much has changed. Nice portions....very ordinary food. If you want old fashioned American food, this is your place. If you want newer creative dishes...look elsewhere. If you go, you must try their "world famous" garlic cheese bread.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best!jjschaumDined on 8/16/2014I have been going to The Smokehouse for so many years....I just took my best friend's KIDS there! We all love it...the food, the service, and don't forget that fabulous garlic cheesebread. Still a winner. Smokehouse....we ALL love you!Special Features:
- Check notesBlaznbobDined on 8/15/2014My only quibble was we had added a NOTE to our reservation that requested a table near the fireplace. They obviously did not even notice this note and tried to sit else somewhere waaaay away from the fireplace -- that is, of course, until I spoke up and complained. Then they sat us right next to the fireplace -- which, by the way -- was not working.Special Features:
- Great Garlic BreadRonBDined on 8/10/2014I have been going to this restaurant since the early 60's. The quality has always been great. For all these years I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Super Kid Friendly! Great Value!TexasFoodLoverDined on 8/9/2014We were looking for a restaurant that was suitable for our 3 children, near Universal City, and we were craving steak! This was perfect! Huge kids portions! My husband and I both had nice cuts of meat, salad, and wine. The kids all had a nice meal plus an extra side of mac and cheese. We made it out of there for $150! Usually my husband and I cannot get out of a steak restaurant for that amount! I had the bone-in strip and it was cooked perfectly to med-rare. The flavor was not like Morton's or a finer steak house, but it suited our needs perfectly. It is dark and dated, but has stood the test of time! If you want a nice steak at a reasonable price, this is your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014It's just a throwback to the past. Good food, service, and atmosphere. It is not pretentious. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never changing venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I had not been to the Smoke House for a very long time and was glad to see that it has not changed! I enjoyed the ambiance, and the service was great. Thank you for keeping everything as I remembered it. I really liked that I could make reservations on line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special OccasionsandsDined on 8/6/2014My afternoon dinner date with my daughter was a special occasion. We were celebrating her birthday a little early. I thought The Smokehouse would be an extra-special place to dine, and it was. The service and food were excellent. Hopefully the time we spent together will be remembered for many years to come.Special Features:
- Diner/DancerssssssswDined on 8/2/2014Smokehouse is like a second home to many locals. The ambiance allows people to mingle easily, or feel like dancing when the music starts! The food is dependable, with an assortment to fit anyone's' dining needs. The staff is like visiting a relative you haven't seen recently, and the welcome is the same!Special Features:
- Early dinner on SaturdayCriticalDined on 8/2/2014After a matinee performance on Saturday in North Hollywood, we needed a last minute reservation for dinner. We remembered the Smokehouse from long ago. It is an old guard red-leather booth steakhouse. Since they had tables readily available, we used Open Table to make a quick reservation and headed over. Even with a reservation, the hostess stuck us at an cramped, odd table, jammed into a corner next to the fireplace and the kitchen door. There were plenty of open booths and tables. The food was very good and but the wait staff was only so-so. We felt as if we had communication problems with our waiter. The restaurant itself looks a bit tired and needs maintenance. Overall, our experience was acceptable and I would go back.Special Features:
- JMacDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed a nice "ladies' lunch" at the Smokehouse. Food, service, and ambiance were solid. However, the food is a bit over-priced. Nice, nostalgic environment.Special Features:
- PSILoveFoodVIPDined on 7/31/2014One of the oldest steakhouses in the area. Great prime rib! Amazing history!Special Features:
- First RateNel727Dined on 7/31/2014We have been to the Smokehouse several times. It is first rate every time.Special Features:
- FionaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Food is always great! Old school dining at its best! Prime rib, barbaque, awesome salads, house specials and best martini I in town. The real gem is the server Judy! By far the best server around, has a photogenic memory, order is always perfect!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedDesireeDined on 7/26/2014Hadn't been here in years. Came in and was disappointed with my prime rib dinner. The food was very bland. Not what I remembered. I was even disappointed with the cheese bread and that was what I came in for.
- adequate lunchNancyVIPDined on 7/26/2014a group of us had lunch at the Smokehouse and the waitstaff was efficient and helpful. The ambience was quiet and accommodating. The food was good but not great.Special Features:
- Great place with historyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014We love the Smokehouse - always have. We had a great time, the service was terrific, the food was great!Special Features:
- A treasureLindaDined on 7/18/2014The Smokehouse is a treasure. Old World Style with a first class dining experience. The Prime Rib is the best! We have been coming here for over 30 years and look forward to the next time we visit! Very fancy but comfortable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingdbyrnesDined on 7/17/2014I was really looking forward to having their steak sandwich but they have removed it from the menu. It was the primary reason I decided to go there.Special Features:
- NoisydinewithloveDined on 7/17/2014Good food and service. Noisy, noisy. Made reservations for dinner. Was put in bar area. Noisy. Had a yell to here anyone then a band started playing. Ask for main dinning room if you don't want NOISY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time at an old traditionMikeOVIPDined on 7/17/2014Went on a recommendation from the hotel! Very good choice in Burbank. Definetely had the old time flare and right near Warner Brothers studio. George Clooneys old hang out during er days. Good meal and would go back. If your in town a neat stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014My husband and I recently dined at Smokehouse for his birthday. I called ahead and let the restaurant know it was his birthday and would there be anything special they could offer i.e. a candle on dessert, special drink. The crab stuffed mushrooms were AMAZING but I cant really say anything positive about the "best garlic bread." It tasted like a soft french loaf with a ton of butter and garlic (the norm) but they topped that with some artificial cheese (think powdered popcorn cheddar cheese) that I wouldn't really recommend. I ordered the prime rib and my husband got the lamb. Both were very good dishes! The restaurant gave my husband a complimentary slice of cheesecake with a candle and sang happy birthday. The apple pie is to die for!Special Features:
- Nice experience!TemHopHeadDined on 7/15/2014This place was interesting. Old school feel. Food was very good. However, the world famous garlic cheese bread was not so good. The cheese was powdered. Like the kind out of a Kraft Mac n Cheese box. If my wife won't eat cheese bread, then it is bad. Fillet Mignon was outstanding. As were the sides. Baked potato and au gratin. I don't live near this place so most likely will not be back. Great history.Special Features:
- Great old steakhousejbaumDined on 7/12/2014had a great meal but very disappointing service for such a great old restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious Food!irishDined on 7/11/2014The hostess staff need a little refresher training on customer service (like smiling, being friendly). The food was delicious and they gave out big portions! I had the grilled artichoke appetizer and then the Filet Mignon...yum! I had the strawberries and ice cream dessert and it was ok but not outstanding. Overall, I was thrilled with my food! The wait staff were cordial, but I got a sense that either they are tired and burned out, or just doing their job and nothing more. Seemed a little uninspired to me. If you are going to visit, I went on a Friday around 4:30 p.m. and it was pretty dead which meant you got your food pretty fast :)Special Features:
- cannot rely on tradition onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/9/2014i have been dining at The Smokehouse my ENTIRE life (that's a lot of years). The past few times I have tried the restaurant I have been mildly disappointed. This time, however, I am rethinking ever returning. The service was almost non-existent, the restaurant run down, the food passable, but not actually good. All in all -- very disappointing.
- burbankDined on 7/7/2014We were here to celebrate my anniversary but my friends were one hour late. The waiter was most accommodating to us. Everyone at the Smokehouse could not have been nicer. Plus they gave us cheesecake for our anniversary. Thank you for the wonderful way you treated us!Special Features:
- Good service and accommodatingtopopoDined on 7/6/2014Very accommodating to special requests on food items, and food volume is amazing. I'd recommend the restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchgilayDined on 7/6/2014A great sunday brunch spot! Great service, friendly and attentive staff! Good food selection and the ambiance is classic!Special Features:
- InterestingJRTQMDined on 7/5/2014The Prime Rib was to die for yet affordable. My wife's Filet was tender, although slightly over done. Regional concepts of medium must be different. Our waiter, Willie, was friendly and helpful. The building and inside are older but it adds to the charm. A great meal for a great price!Special Features:
- Food and serviceRoxyDined on 7/5/2014Food and service were great. Waitress was outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysRichardDined on 7/4/2014This is a great establishment. Food is always excellent. I enjoy the experience.Special Features: