The Smith - Lincoln Center
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Smith - Lincoln Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thesmithnyc.com/
- Phone: 2124965700x
- Hours of Operation:
M-W: 7:30 a.m. – midnight
Th & Fri: 7:30 a.m. – 1 a.m.
Sat: 9:00 a.m. – 1 a.m.
Sun: 9:00 a.m. – midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Brian Ellis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact our events coordinator for all of your off site catering needs. email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: May Cohen firstname.lastname@example.org 2129663250x
A word from The Smith - Lincoln Center
The Smith is a casual American Brasserie with three upbeat locations in New York City: The Smith East Village, The Smith Midtown and The Smith Lincoln Center. Utilizing local products and purveyors, the breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner menus feature a selection of familiar bistro dishes. Diners at The Smith Lincoln Center can also choose from our hand-picked wine list and full raw seafood bar. The Smith attracts colleagues for a drink after work, business dinners, a quick bite or drink before a show, late night revelers, families for Sunday brunch and more. Offering private rooms at all locations, guests can stop by for all occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Smith - Lincoln Center - Best Restaurants in Lincoln Square ›
The Smith - Lincoln Center reviews from OpenTable diners
540 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (255)great for brunch (211)neighborhood gem (186)hot spot (177)great for lunch (165)good for groups (164)fit for foodies (112)vibrant bar scene (107)kid-friendly (78)late-night find (72)special occasion (49)scenic view (27)notable wine list (20)romantic (15)Show More
- SolidQuatorzeVIPDined on 10/18/2014Other than the high noise level, which may be a result of all the tiled walls, the place was great, as always.Special Features:
- Great food in energetic atmosphereWayneNYCDined on 10/18/2014As always, the food was excellent. The salmon and swordfish were cooked perfectly and were very moist and delicious. The accompanying sides were also excellent. The atmosphere is nice - very energetic but noisy. My only complaint is that every time that I go, I am seated 30-40 minutes after my reservation time. Luckily, the service is fast and efficient, but keep this in mind for your reservation time if you are going to Lincoln Center.
- Brunch after Central Park runAnotherfoodieDined on 10/18/2014Although we were in running clothes fresh off the Park, they welcomed us to a nice table near the window overlooking broadway. This is my 3rd visit to a Smith and my first to this one. As always the food is consistently comforting, service friendly and accommodating, and ambience slightly upscale but still warm. Lots to choose from and always standard to really good. Can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but amazingly loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Service was attentive and pleasant Convenient location cute decor But oh so loud. Nearly impossible to have a conversation indoors Food was pleasantly refinedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunching. LadiessurprisedDined on 10/17/2014I arranged a brunch for 11 women ( and one toddler). We found the interior of the restaurant much too loud for conversation, but they were very accommodating in setting us up outside and putting the heat lamps on. One waitress somehow magically managed to serve us all. The food was good, well priced, but perhaps could use some imagination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexandraMDined on 10/16/2014Came here with a group of 11 people on a Thursday evening. We all had 2 courses with a bunch of different orders. All came out perfectly and on time. Flavorful, tasty food for a reasonable price! Great price quality value. Always very crowded, but it's a great restaurant so more than expected. Absolutely l-o-v-e the outdoor seating. I wish NY had more of these teraces instead of overpriced rooftops. (I didn't say that out loud.) Trendy hot spot, so definitely a reservation needed! Will be back for sure plenty of times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeadacheFormerFiorelloFanDined on 10/15/2014toooooooo LOUD; tables toooooo close to one another. I have been here several times and each time the only thing that brings me back is the decent food and the good service.
- Great Food, Too LoudRonnieDined on 10/15/2014We found the food to be excellent and the service very pleasant, but the noise level was so high that we could not hold a conversation. The location near Lincoln Center is ideal for a before-the-show dinner, but the noise level was intolerable to us.
- Fun AND great foodNormaSDined on 10/14/2014This was our second time here. This time we shared the beer battered string beans which are to die for and a caesar salad which had a bit too much dressing and came with white anchovies which were outstanding. I had the meal of the day short ribs which were very tender and excellent. My husband had the trout schnitzel which he liked too. We will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Much too noisyupperwestsiderDined on 10/13/2014Because of the noise level, it is pretty much impossible to carry on a conversation at dinner. Unfortunate, because I really like the food and service.Special Features:
- Brunch MayhemEddieVIPDined on 10/12/2014I went to the smith on a sunday afternoon at about 2:00 and the place was bananas. This restaurant is huge and I could not believe how busy they were. I went to the host and asked for a table for 2 and he told me that it would be 45 minutes though there were available tables. I pulled out my phone and booked a table via the opentable app and was seated immediately. I was happy to get the dining points, but it was annoying that I had to go through that extra step. The doughnuts with dipping sauce continue to haunt my dreams. I will be back for them.Special Features:
- just OKawarnerDined on 10/12/2014The services at The Smith was very good; attentive but not smothering. We were seated as scheduled and bread and water, both still and bubbly, were brought to the table right away. The menu choices were uninspired. I had a chicken sandwich and the construction of the sandwich was sloppy to the point of falling apart. The desert course was the best of the meal. It is very noisy which made it hard to converse with my friends.
- Not kid friendly at allCookie79Dined on 10/12/2014Met a friend for lunch and we had 2 kids under 2 between the 2 of us. They put us in the worst table ever, in front of a busy doorway. People were carrying trays of hot food, chairs, suitcases (???!) etc over my 16 month old's head!! I told the manager and she was like "whatever". The server was nice though.
- Dinner with old friendsGrimaceDined on 10/11/2014We had many options to choose from but something always draws us back to The Smith. Great food - The oysters were so fresh and tasty! The drinks! My East of Eden was an amazing choice. Whether we go for brunch with the kids or dinner with family and friends we always have a great time.Special Features:
- One of the top burgers in NYC!spoilerdirectorDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I ate there before a New York Film Fest screening and the burger was one of the best we've ever had. My wife also had the calamari, which was only ok. So if you go there, definitely order the burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great start to the weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014I am here pre-matinee for a ballet at Lincoln Center. Although it was a bit chaotic at the front counter to check in, everyone was very pleasant and efficient in getting us seated. The waiter was very nice and helpful in helping us chose what to eat. I had the Mediterranean eggs which were delicious. Will definitely come back another day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmmm goodBawledVIPDined on 10/10/2014We go to The Smith when we have tickets for Lincoln Center performances. Service is always prompt and good. The menu has enough variety to satisfy any taste. Portions are adequate. I tried their lamb chops this time and found them to be the most tender chops I ever encountered with ;large portions of lamb on each bone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyFafaofchicagoDined on 10/9/2014Its impossible to stay more than one hour in this restaurant it,s soo noisy ! We had a reservation by open table and need to wait for a table ! Not acceptable for me. ! If we take some time to reserve , it means that we don't want to wait .... However The food is very good , and it's the unique reason to come here !Special Features:
- SusalaDined on 10/9/2014The Smiths location near Lincoln Center is the only reason to go. They never have your table ready and ask that you wait for your party to be seated. The food is ordinary, the waiters are nice, but waiting for a table is a turn off and we would never go again.
- donnyVIPDined on 10/9/2014I found this place to be nothing out of the ordinary..Just a noisy place with lousy service and adequate food
- too noisy and cackleymovingonVIPDined on 10/7/2014there should be a choice of too noisy in the selection unless that is what 'energetic' means....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Seating really tight.Carl56Dined on 10/7/2014I had oysters to start and the short ribs. Oysters were nicely presented and the short ribs were so tender you didn't need a knife. A very nice meal. My only criticism is that the tables are so close together I had to ask people to move so I could make my exit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood findTravelfoodyVIPDined on 10/6/2014The Smith is a great place when you're not sure what you are feeling what you want! Great pickies, feel good foods & more...Special Features:
- Busy Sunday BrunchJannVIPDined on 10/5/2014We had Lobster rolls for Sunday Brunch which are very tasty, the homemade potato chips are a nice complement. We wanted a place close to Lincoln Center to shop the Crafts Fair on the Plaza and the lobster rolls did not disappoint. As usual, it is very busy and VERY noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go-to spotljartsVIPDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I come here all the time! He has food allergies and the menu has some great options for him and the servers are very knowledgable about the food. This is not a place for a quiet intimate conversation - it is loud and bustling and never empty. If you don't make a reservation you'll be waiting for a while but you can walk around the area if you aren't starving. A lot of people only come here for brunch but their dinner is very good too! Sometimes it gets a little too busy and the service suffers but your food will always be good since the kitchen is so consistent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014Food was good, though it took a while for us to get it once we ordered it.Special Features:
- This was my 3rd time there. GreatlovethesmithDined on 10/4/2014Great place if you have a show at Lincoln Center. The service and food arr great and the waiters are adorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the Smith made my day90210premiereDined on 10/4/2014The staff were great and got us a table for some privacy. Asked for an item that wasn't on the menu anymore and they got it for me anyway! Thanks!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but goodBKLPHDDined on 10/2/2014The food and service were very good, but the noise level, as always is high. However, this adds to the ambience that it's a happening place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for LunchKristieVIPDined on 10/2/2014A very accommodating staff, fit my double stroller right next to my table for lunch. Loved the steak salad and oysters!
- HorribleJoanVIPDined on 10/1/2014The noise level of the rowdy group was ear breaking. I would never eat here again. One of the worst restaurant experience in my life.
- Every night has a specialLuvgreatfoodDined on 10/1/2014We were there on the night they had fried chicken as the special. What made it unusual was that it was served with a waffle that was made with potato latkes (pancake) ingredients. It was the best part of the meal. My husband and I felt that the fried chicken was on the salty side.Special Features:
- Good food, service, atmosphereBumpyr2Dined on 9/30/2014Our second visit to this restaurant and we were as pleased as the first time. The waitstaff is friendly with knowledge and a sense of humor. Tables are close together but sometimes that allows conversation with the neighbors which we like. The food was excellent, beef short ribs with risotto, oysters, tuna tartar all were terrific. Little disappointed with the dessert a doughnut concoction which was bland and uninteresting. We would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- too noisyjudyDined on 9/30/2014toilets should be regularly checked Cannot have a conversationSpecial Features:
- Handy for Lincoln Center, but...BeeeejVIPDined on 9/29/2014As long-time fans of Jane, we wanted to try The Smith (same owners) for pre-opera dinner. We found food that was not quite as good as Jane's, at higher prices than Jane's, with a noise level that could stun a team of oxen. Our server was helpful, attentive, patient, and professional, so no problem there. The tile walls, loud music, and raised voices combined to make the room downright unpleasant by the time we left. I kind of assume that the few dishes on their menu that duplicate those on Jane's are comparably good, but we wanted to try new things; the burrata was fine, the deviled eggs were overly mayonnaisey and too peppery, and the vegetable bibimbap was pretty good but I don't think worth $23. We won't go out of our way to return.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/28/2014Reluctant to eat at The Smith after a handful of negative reviews, we are happy we gave it a shot. Other than a 15 minute wait for our table, and a non apologetic hostess, we were pleased with both the food and the dining service. They provide and replenish frequently both sparkling and still water and bus the tables quickly. The food: Roasted tomato soup (great flavor and consistency it was like eating grilled cheese in a bowl), kale salad (well dressed with a light dijon and accompanied by a perfect portion of cranberries and almond slivers), and grilled strip entree (perfectly cooked although some might be disappointed by the portion size) was actually quite good and not over seasoned. Would recommend for Lincoln Center goers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUDWinstonBookendDined on 9/28/2014Never been in a louder restaurant. All tiles and mirrors. Food and service are ok. Overpriced though. Nothing special about this place.Special Features:
- Best brunch!HR2014VIPDined on 9/28/2014Really the best brunch place on Upper West Side/Lincoln Center area!Special Features:
- Quick serviceNYC4adayDined on 9/28/2014We went to The Smith on a recommendation from a friend. The food was ok but nothing exceptional and we had great service. However, it was very loud and it is obvious their mission was to move patrons in and out as quickly as possible. We had been hoping for a more leisurely experience. We would recommend but also make very clear that if you want a leisurely dining experience this is not the place to go. We only experienced the brunch crowd so the evening ambience may be quite different.
- Quita snack after the operaArtlyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Rapid, friendly, tasty, exceptionally tender steak, the right place for an after opera eveningSpecial Features: