The Smith - Lincoln Center
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Smith - Lincoln Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thesmithnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 496-5700
- Hours of Operation:
M-W: 7:30 a.m. – midnight
Th & Fri: 7:30 a.m. – 1 a.m.
Sat: 9:00 a.m. – 1 a.m.
Sun: 9:00 a.m. – midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Brian Ellis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact our events coordinator for all of your off site catering needs. email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: May Cohen firstname.lastname@example.org 2129663250x
A word from The Smith - Lincoln Center
The Smith is a casual American Brasserie with three upbeat locations in New York City: The Smith East Village, The Smith Midtown and The Smith Lincoln Center. Utilizing local products and purveyors, the breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner menus feature a selection of familiar bistro dishes. Diners at The Smith Lincoln Center can also choose from our hand-picked wine list and full raw seafood bar. The Smith attracts colleagues for a drink after work, business dinners, a quick bite or drink before a show, late night revelers, families for Sunday brunch and more. Offering private rooms at all locations, guests can stop by for all occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Smith - Lincoln Center - Best Restaurants in Lincoln Square ›
The Smith - Lincoln Center reviews from OpenTable diners
584 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (259)great for brunch (214)good for groups (204)neighborhood gem (202)hot spot (192)great for lunch (170)fit for foodies (162)vibrant bar scene (121)kid-friendly (93)late-night find (90)special occasion (53)scenic view (25)notable wine list (16)romantic (11)Show More
- birthday at The SmithOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2014We came to The Smith for a birthday with one stipulation...STEAK! The Smith did not disappoint! I had the NY strip & my GF had the filet mignon, both were cooked perfectly and seasoned well, delicious! At the last minute I was trying to set up a birthday/dessert surprise. Our server was very helpful in executing and keeping it low profile. We had a wonderful experience. Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, reasonable pricesKnowsfood1Dined on 11/19/2014Really like everything here. Very nice sides. We shared an excellent steak as good as any steak house though pricy. The Salmon is excellent. Encouraging them to keep the menu prices reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as always; but weird serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014My only issue is with the busboys (?) who walk around eagerly trying to collect your plate before your finished eating. More than once when I say something like, "I'm still working on this", they don't understand and continue trying to grab the plate...I would recommend this to a friend.
- The SmithOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014Great place for pre and post Lincoln Center events!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, but good!StaceyVIPDined on 11/17/2014The only thing the Smith needs to do is improve their acoustics and sound bounceback in the restaurant. The tile walls make it difficult to hear the person you are dining with. The drinks and food are always spectacular, and the location is superb --- it's Lincoln Center's best hip dining option, in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NatalieDined on 11/16/2014THE PLACE IS TOO NOISY FOR A SENIOR CITIZEN. THE SERVICE COULD BEBETTER. WE HAD TO ASK FOR BUTTER, KETCHUP, MILK. WHY DO YOU CHARGE FOR TOAST WITH EGG DISHES?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...MaxSVIPDined on 11/15/2014Despite reservation and check-in more then 15 min ahead of reservation time, had to wait 20 min to be seated. Was told it was because 2 more parties with reservation at the same time already checked in... Definitively an area with room for improvementSpecial Features:
- SKIP!elisebDined on 11/15/2014Pretheatre here is an absolute disaster. We were seated over 30 minutes late despite showing up on time for our reservation and ended up having to order, eat and pay inside of 45 minutes to make our show. The host was none too phased about this, which makes me think this isn't out of the ordinary for them. Though our waitress was lovely, the food is instantly forgettable. This is, at best, a very pretty cafeteria in a constant state of mayhem. Kick in a few extra bucks and go next door - you'll be glad you did.Special Features:
- Chaotic ConfusionMikeDVIPDined on 11/15/2014Although eventually the food and service were quite good, the confusion and chaos at the check-in and the long wait with a reservation (30 min) and the noise level made this like dining in the middle of Grand Central Station at rush hour. Doubtful I would return.
- THE SMITH RESERAVATION AT LINCOLN CENTERMERCYDined on 11/15/2014We had reservations at 12pm on November 15th 2014, but did not have the opportunity of evaluate their food, since we had to leave after 55 minutes, waiting for eggs benedict and a hamburger. We ordered a latte and a coffee and were cold. At 12.30pm we told the waiter that we had been seating for half an hour and he went to the kitchen and said that we would be served in five minutes. At 12.55pm we told the waiter that there was no reason to keep waiting and eat in a rush, since we had tickets for the theatre at Lincoln Center and thought that and hour and a half was sufficient time to eat and we did not wish to keep waiting. We asked for the check to pay for the two coffees, but he said we did not have to, and apologized. Needless to say, that we will never go back to that place.
- Food good but NOISYChelsea1334Dined on 11/15/2014My two friends and I had a 11:30 AM Sat reservation. The burgers were delicious, the food hot, waiter very attentive but the noise level was horrendous. Tables were very close together and we had to wait 15 minutes before we were seated. Would like to go back again to try the reg lunch menu during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review - The SmithOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The food was really good. Nice place for brunch or late night dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the smithOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014Excellent food. The jalapeno grits were amazing. Server was very attentive and helpful in selecting our entrees and desserts. Will definitely come back on my next visit. Oh, and right across the street from the Met was a big plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious salads and fresh salmonLuv2dineDined on 11/14/2014The food in the Smith is fresh and delicious. The salmon was amazing. The salad was very tasty. The waiter was very attentive. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcooked Calamari?! Overcooked everything...littlebasophilVIPDined on 11/12/2014I've always been a big patron of The Smith, sadly the dinner I had was disappointing. The calamari (which I make a point to order) was like eating rubber. The coating was also coming off, revealing very thin, shriveled and unsightly rings of squid. In addition, I ordered a hamburger which felt very dry (had to ask for ketchup!). This experience gives one strike to the restaurant, but I will still come back anyway. Perhaps I should change my usual menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- an old favorite, but a bad experienceNYCAngelsVIPDined on 11/12/2014Near the end of our time there we were subjected to a foursome at a two-top next to us, where two friends of the otherwise polite diners there decided (intoxicated) that it was ok to jam themselves in between their table and ours and nearly push one of us (on the bench seating side) over to the next table. Bad guest behavior should only be a temporary thing, when it's allowed to continue blatantly, the restaurant is responsible, and in this case even more so when they ask the unplanned guests to leave but then don't actually enforce the request. The best they came up with, apparently scared of their own guests, was to offer that we could move to the table next to us on the other side. We just left instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Group Loves Starting our NYC Dinner at Smith'sniceplaceDined on 11/12/2014Four times a year our team meeting is held in NYC and each visit our team starts at Smiths. Fun and energetic environment. Great drinks and apps. This night we scored with the buttermilk fried chicken and enjoyed the two large portions. You know it's good when your friends are not hungry bout eat their entire meal. Looking forward to our January Visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable choice for the neighborhoodnycresDined on 11/12/2014Good food, good service. Energetic ambiance. High noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended, not disappointedStoshDined on 11/12/2014The Smith had been highly recommended by family members. Glad they did. The pasta was interesting and not overdone. The tuna was cooked just right. Look forward to going for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A group of high school kidsMichaelVIPDined on 11/12/2014I was taking a group of 12 high school kids to the opera, and we scheduled a pre-opera dinner here at The Smith. Every part of the dinner was fantastic--great food, decent prices, wonderful service. I would definitely return--with a group or without. But the noise level!!!!! It is almost unbearable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lincoln CentereatmorekaleDined on 11/12/2014Perfect location for anyone attending an event at Lincoln Center. Service was outstanding, it was a busy Wednesday night (so that's where everyone is on a Wednesday evening) My only complaint was that it was loud, acoustically this place needs some baffling or fabric to break the hard surfaces. It was difficult to have a conversation because sound was traveling all around this otherwise beautiful room. All in all we loved it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Sami9786Dined on 11/10/2014It was our first weekend away in New York and my boyfriend had never been to the city. It was the best meal we had all weekend! The service was great! I found you guys on Instagram, and Im so glad I did! We will certainly be back!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceHmatt9599Dined on 11/9/2014Nothing but perfect!!! All of our starters, dinners and server. A very pleasant night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Fantastic as always! the staff is so nice and patient. LOVE IT!!!!Special Features:
- favorite brunch in nycktyazDined on 11/9/2014I love the smith. best brunch i have had in NYC. great service, great atmosphere. highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a pleasant surprise!CLHick1Dined on 11/9/2014We needed a place to go to brunch before our matinee on Broadway and 53rd. This was a perfect location because it's on 63rd/Bway. I read one of the reviews about the BLT Oyster sliders- they were good. I also enjoyed the Kale, Quinoa salad. The apple champagne was yummy. i was surprised for a place that looks like a diner, they sure had good strong coffee. It tasted like Dominican coffee. Our server was nice and attentive. We had reservations which I suggest on a Sunday especially if the weather is nice. They have outdoor seating and it was still crowded. Nice place. I'd like to check out the midtown location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in a difficult locationArthurAveExcellenceDined on 11/8/2014Was really surprised that there was such a big crowd around Lincoln Center, early Sat. night. The food was very good, along with the service and price value. I would highly recommend The Smith if you are in the area.Special Features:
- Bad fist impression but...healthnut05Dined on 11/8/2014We were in NYC for my birthday and booked a table for 6:30. The host was extremely rude, had us stand off in a corner where there was no seating and about 20 other people waiting for their tables. He was openly complaining about a large party that "would not get up." However, once we were sat the waiter was very good. I had the paella (a little salty) and my date had the trout schitzel (phenomenal). We split the sticky toffee pudding (also amazing). So this would have been a 5 star review if not for a horrible first impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B61andL64Dined on 11/8/2014Thanks to hard surfaces and a full house, the noise level can be punishingly high. But the location across from Lincoln Center and the efficient but pleasant service (Don't know how the servers manage not only to survive the noise level but also to maintain their amiable disposition!), along with the comprehensive menu and good food, make this a great pre-event dinner spot. But allow 2 hours to dine before concerts, so you don't feel rushed.Special Features:
- Loud crowded Lincoln Center back upGottaeatDined on 11/7/2014Conveniently located across the street from Lincoln Center. We were going to an 8pm show, so location was the deciding factor for choosing The Smith. The food was average American bistro and bar fair, but there were plenty of choices for our group. Wait staff was helpful, although hurried. Noise levels were off the charts and the restaurant was over crowded. Too loud to talk across a small table. Only average, but close to our destination.Special Features:
- SamalaVIPDined on 11/7/2014Food and service was great. We felt since we were from out of town, they gave us the worst table in the restaurant by the door. Every time it was opened a gale force wind came blew in. We decided to deal with it as all tables were full and we were going to a show so couldn't wait for another. An otherwise good meal.Special Features:
- Great Apps, OK MainsDingDined on 11/6/2014I highly recommend everything this place has to offer up until the main courses. After amazing appetizers I was pretty underwhelmed by my Mussels main course. I would recommend for a quick bite before a show at Lincoln Center but it's not a place you HAVE to eat at.Special Features:
- A great Stand byTheLadyDined on 11/5/2014I have been going to the smith in the east village for years so I was very excited when they opened one on the West Side. It is the same great look, always busy but the staff and food are always great. This is my go to place when I need a place that will make everyone happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brilliantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Travelled from the UK to try the smiths fried chicken and waffle special....amazing. Would love to come back and try it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but too loudtcjrDined on 11/5/2014Good food, decent service but the rooms are way too loud
- YummyOperaeaterDined on 11/4/2014We love to go here before shows at Lincoln Center. It's quick, and the food and drinks are excellent. We are obsessed with the Tuesday night short rib special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/4/2014It was a beautiful day and we sat outside and ate delicious lobster rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall good, some work neededfoodieMIAMIVIPDined on 11/3/2014table for 5 is way too small. server was attentive and got the order right. I was really annoyed that servers and bussers kept knocking the jacket off my chair because I was in the was right in a busy aisle/corner. I understand they're busy but they need to be a bit more cognescent of their patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chrisDined on 11/3/2014Great food, bit noisy though, good service and they were happy to serve appetizer salad as a main course size. And it was a really good salad too [kale and quinoa]Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2014We enjoyed every bite. Braised lamb shank was fall-off-the-bone tender. Cheddar chive crust on the Pot Pie was tasty. Hot Fudge Sundae with substituted chocolate peanut butter swirl and extra hot fudge was to-die-for.Special Features: