The Smith - Lincoln Center
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Smith - Lincoln Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thesmithnyc.com/
- Phone: 2124965700
- Hours of Operation:
M-W: 7:30 a.m. – midnight
Th & Fri: 7:30 a.m. – 1 a.m.
Sat: 10 a.m. – 1 a.m.
Sun: 10 a.m. – midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Brian Ellis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact our events coordinator for all of your off site catering needs. email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: May Cohen firstname.lastname@example.org 2129663250
A word from The Smith - Lincoln Center
The Smith is a casual American Brasserie with three upbeat locations in New York City: The Smith East Village, The Smith Midtown and The Smith Lincoln Center. Utilizing local products and purveyors, the breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner menus feature a selection of familiar bistro dishes. Diners at The Smith Lincoln Center can also choose from our hand-picked wine list and full raw seafood bar. The Smith attracts colleagues for a drink after work, business dinners, a quick bite or drink before a show, late night revelers, families for Sunday brunch and more. Offering private rooms at all locations, guests can stop by for all occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Smith - Lincoln Center - Best Restaurants in Lincoln Square ›
The Smith - Lincoln Center reviews from OpenTable diners
585 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (294)great for brunch (245)neighborhood gem (206)great for lunch (192)good for groups (184)hot spot (174)fit for foodies (130)vibrant bar scene (110)kid-friendly (85)late-night find (82)special occasion (61)scenic view (43)romantic (21)notable wine list (21)Show More
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/28/2014Reluctant to eat at The Smith after a handful of negative reviews, we are happy we gave it a shot. Other than a 15 minute wait for our table, and a non apologetic hostess, we were pleased with both the food and the dining service. They provide and replenish frequently both sparkling and still water and bus the tables quickly. The food: Roasted tomato soup (great flavor and consistency it was like eating grilled cheese in a bowl), kale salad (well dressed with a light dijon and accompanied by a perfect portion of cranberries and almond slivers), and grilled strip entree (perfectly cooked although some might be disappointed by the portion size) was actually quite good and not over seasoned. Would recommend for Lincoln Center goers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch!HR2014VIPDined on 9/28/2014Really the best brunch place on Upper West Side/Lincoln Center area!Special Features:
- Quick serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We went to The Smith on a recommendation from a friend. The food was ok but nothing exceptional and we had great service. However, it was very loud and it is obvious their mission was to move patrons in and out as quickly as possible. We had been hoping for a more leisurely experience. We would recommend but also make very clear that if you want a leisurely dining experience this is not the place to go. We only experienced the brunch crowd so the evening ambience may be quite different.
- Quita snack after the operaArtlyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Rapid, friendly, tasty, exceptionally tender steak, the right place for an after opera eveningSpecial Features:
- The Smith - Lincoln CenterNYCGalDined on 9/27/2014We were lucky enough to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful late September evening. We ordered Paella and mussels - both fantastic! Friendly, helpful and attentive wait staff made an overall super evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Smith is a findOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/27/2014My daughter and I had Brunch before attending an event at the Lincoln Center. The food was outstanding. Unique deserts, GREAT Location. I will eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, good food/drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Awesome outdoor seating and really cool vibe! The food was delicious (oysters!) and really good cocktail options! I would definitely come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Tables are too close together. We could see and hear everything that was going on on both sides of us. I could easily touch teh person next to me.Special Features:
- Great for outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/21/2014Enjoy dining outdoors and early in the evening but when not busy. It is much too noisy when busy. The sound bounces off the tiles I like the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely yummyDawnDined on 9/20/2014The Mac and cheese is great.... Not a fan of the wine glasses, but otherwise a 10 in my book.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok except for the noiseprettygoodmomDined on 9/20/2014Saturday night dinner before going to a performance at Lincoln Center. Location was fantastic. Service was excellent. Food is ok, not terrible, but not consistently good either. The noise of the place deafening, however. The tile walls and floor must bounce the sounds, making it hard to hear someone sitting right beside you.
- Great Steak and BourbonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014I keep coming back for the steak and bourbon. The ribeye is fantastic! Our waiter on Saturday was also excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Smith - Saturday nightSmithVIPDined on 9/20/2014While the service was lovely, our food was pretty terrible. We arrived at 5:15pm with 3 children expecting a fun and delicious experience. Our two burgers and steak were completely overcooked and our entree salad came 15 minutes after our other main dishes - without the salad dressing! The fries (as always) and brussel sprouts were perfect. Our server couldn't have been nicer about all the mess-ups and provided complimentary glass of wine and offered free desserts (which were outstanding!!). That said, to spend $139 (one burger taken off check) before tip for such a horrible dinner was deflating.Special Features:
- Unbelievable!SFfoodie009Dined on 9/19/2014Food was outstanding! Will definitely be coming back again! If the weather is nice, sit on the patio. Such a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Good food, but deafeningLjhjhkjhDined on 9/19/2014The kitchen and waitstaff do their jobs well, but the walls and floor of the dining are fully tiled so the noise level is deafening at peak times. Conversation was a real challenge. No kidding, it was more peaceful outside at the sidewalk tables along Broadway....a 6-lane thoroughfare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before during or after anythingMomdineVIPDined on 9/17/2014A friend recommended we try The Smith the other night before a show. We loved our food...the staff was so helpful and kind. My flatbread came out not hot enough...( I have a high HOT standard) ....they sent over blue cheese chips to "tied me over"while I waited for what turned out to be a whole new flatbread steaming hot and perfect. We loved our meals...will be going back very soon!! Thank you " The Smith".....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedfoodislifeVIPDined on 9/16/2014The Brussel Sprouts were delicious. The Martini was great. The Waiter was very nice and accommodating. The problem with this place is that it is just too uncomfortable. The table was far too small for 3 of us. The food could barely fit on the plate and people were bumping me constantly as they passed by (including the staff). And the other big complaint is that due to the fact that every surface in the restaurant is tile, the acoustics are so loud we were all exhausted by the end of meal just from trying to hear each other talk. I'm not sure I'll go back for dinner. For a quick lunch, ok.Special Features:
- Service need worksOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/14/2014I'm a loyal fan of the Smith, but to be honest, they service the past 2 times I've been there has been lack luster and needs improvement. It's almost as if once the order is taken, all responsibility is shifted to the bus boys, but they really don't know what's going on. Even to get a simple thing as bread took 4 times asking for it, and our drinks didn't arrive for at least 20 mins.Special Features:
- Kaitlin's ReviewkebibleDined on 9/14/2014The Smith was a great spot for a Sunday brunch! The restaurant it huge and so is the menu. My only complaint would be the noise level.Special Features:
- Very noisyCCDINERVIPDined on 9/14/201411:00 brunch on Sunday, a surprise to discover no bloody Mary's til noon....bummer. Omelette and eggs Benedict were superb. Waiter efficient. Tiny table, hectic and noisy...lovely greeting at front desk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ServiceHollygirlDined on 9/13/2014Steven was our outstanding server. He was the ultimate reason we will return to The Smith. The excellent food was an added bonus. I had the delicious stone oven baked eggs. Awesome and satisfying, this was a great choice for my brother's 30th birthday celebration!Special Features:
- Always satisfiedsbcsjkim8Dined on 9/13/2014Dined at The Smith a few times already this year for brunch. Never been disappointed. Service is always great. We came 40 min earlier than our reserved time but was seat right away! Loved it! Food is always good. Plan to dine at The Smith a few more times this yearSpecial Features:
- ReviewOrvilleDined on 9/12/2014If you want a very good dining experience I recommend The Smith. The food and service are excellent. The hostess was very helpful. I wanted a quite spot and she did her best to find one. The Smith was loud, but I think every place is loud on a Friday night after work. I recommend The Smith.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014I have been many times as I live nearby. The food is good bistro with many selections. The interior is very cute but very very loud except for lots of outdoor seating. The service has deteriorated. I always book through opentable and have never been a no show. That doesn't matter: they seat walk-ins before those with reservations even when you are on time. They don't give priority for outside seating to those with reservations. They placed our party of 5 adults at a small four top table- it was too crowded for our meals. My dad is hard of hearing and they couldn't accommodate anywhere that wasn't deafening loud. They never delivered bread, our food took forever, they brought us the wrong food, they never checked on us.
- Saved my Evening and Delicious!ConnieDined on 9/12/2014I made a reservation after reading many Lincoln Center area reviews. I was hesitant due to the complaints about noise, but I was with a finicky eater who doesn't eat fish and The Smith had the most varied pre-theatre menu. Due to traffic problems we missed our reservation by almost an hour. I went to the hostess anyway and explained my situation. Despite the fact that others were waiting to be seated, she quickly gave us a corner table in the back room. We were promptly greeted by our waitress, served our water, wine and order taken. I ordered the lamb chops which were grilled to perfection and my daughter had the ricotta gnocchi. Both were delicious! Yes, it is noisy, get a table outside if one is available. I will return again!Special Features:
- Fun, lively venue @ Lincoln CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014Consistently delicious food and excellent service. The pork chop is wonderful!Special Features:
- NoisyPWW827VIPDined on 9/9/2014Food good, fun atmosphere but the decibel level grows as the meal goes on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Bar FoodLolynyVIPDined on 9/9/2014Fun place to have a meal. The homemade chips and blue cheese are just great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/8/2014It was Fashion Week so The Smith was extremely busy. We were 4 women attending a show and our waiter did his best to get us out on time. I have been to The Smith on other occasions and have always enjoyed brunch We were at the changeover to lunch and all enjoyed our salads. They are large, could have shared!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Great food and great prices! Service could of been a bit better but as expected on a busy Sunday morningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sorry i did not like itMichaelMooDined on 9/6/2014We actually did not even stay for the lunch we hated it so much. The check in staff was rude, the crowd was tourists, the noise level was uncomfortable. We walked out before we ordered. The main reason was the staff at the check in desk to be honest. They reminded me of unhelpful and unfriendly airline people. You all know what that is like.
- Fun and Delish!plakin44Dined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed a fun and festive brunch on a very hot day! Inside and outside were pack, but we had the nicely air conditioned window seat we had requested. Great food, and great servers.Special Features:
- Not goodhholdsDined on 9/6/2014The service was really poor, and brunch was gross. We ordered basic items from the brunch menu (ie. omelette, french toast, etc) and it was all really bad. Not to mention over priced! The Smith is in a good location, but it's not worth it.Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Fun spot to go with friends or date night! The food is is great and service is always consistently good! The front part of the restaurant is definitely more lively and I will request to be there in the future. I have sat in both the front and the back, and the back is missing something ... The Kale salad is AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014Good food that is well-prepared and delicious. Recommend the pork chops (perfectly cooked) with corn cakes and kale. Prime rib Thursday also a must. Don't recommend the mussels (while the broth is delicious , the mussels were teeny tiny and the frites soggy). Drink list is solid. Warning -- the restaurant is very loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fun eveningartgalVIPDined on 9/1/2014The Smith outside is so much nicer, less noise even with Broadway traffic then what's going on inside. The food is well priced, and the menu has some nice interesting choices of salads and a new entree Trout Snitzel. Best mussels in town, always all open, great sauce and the best fries to go with.Special Features:
- Neighborhood StandbyMB2014Dined on 9/1/2014I've been to the other location in the East Village and this one is hopping. There was a line to get in on Labor Day and was so glad that I had booked reservations ahead. The food portions are adequate and the wait staff is accommodating and friendly. This will certainly become my other standby in this neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great for lunch and brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014This was my third visit to The Smith - Lincoln Center. I had brunch there last Sunday with two friends who had never been there before. We had a great experience there! The food was delicious. One friend and I had a salad with arugula, grilled chicken, brie, and nuts, and it was fabulous. My other friend had an omelet, which she loved. Our server was attentive and friendly. He happily accommodated our special requests and we all had a great time. We will all be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014The Smith is great for everyone. It has a great location, good menu (the kale salad was yummy) & the staff is very friendly. Dustin, our waiter was wonderful. We go often & plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Options AvailableSFboundDined on 8/30/2014I've now eaten here twice. Once for dinner, and most recently for brunch. The Smith is just ok. Nothing about the food is remarkable. Had the "Croaker" for brunch and it was very underwhelming and much too large of a portion. The managers and wait staff are very nice & professional.Special Features: