The Sky Room
40 South Locust Ave
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Sky Room
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theskyroom.com/
- Phone: 5629832703x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday: 5:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Sunday: 4:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Sunday - Friday 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary French / American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Juan Carlos Olvera
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Sky Room hosts private parties, wedding receptions, corporate dinners and receptions, social gatherings, fundraisers and any other special occasion . Choose from an extensive menu to guarantee everyone's satisfaction for any party or event. We offer full service catering, entree selection the night of your event in The Sky Room, 4 diamond chef, fine dining service standards, house centerpieces, house linen, fine china, and the Sky Room management overseeing your reception.
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant has 2 large dining rooms. Seating capacity for private functions to 100 in Deja View Room. City Lights Main Room seats to 140. Combined The Sky Room seats up to 240 guests.
Small Private dining room seats 2 to 18 guests.
Up Lounge Rooftop bar holds approximately 75 people combined seating and standing room.
Wine Down Lounge (wine bar holds approximately 75 guests for seats and standing receptions.
Grand Empire Ballroom (located in the lobby level) seats up to 220. Vaulted ceilings, crystal chandeliers, elegant ballroom.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 5629832724x
- Entertainment: Friday: Live Band Saturday: Live Band.
*music changes monthly, please check website for current details
- Special Events: Weddings, Anniversaries, Social gatherings, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs,
Corporate functions, VIP receptions, Board of Director's dinners, Fundraisers and any other special event imaginable.
- Cross Street: Ocean Blvd. (Inside the Historic Breakers building)
- Public Transit: Taxis are available. Metro Rail is within a couple blocks from the Skyroom. The bus stop is located at the corner of the Breakers building.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Pull up to The Skyroom's entrance and the valet will assist you with your auto. Valet is $7.00. Near by self parking is also available.
A word from The Sky Room
Enjoy an unforgettable evening of dining, dancing, and romancing at The Sky Room, one of Southern California's most romantic restaurants, and considered one of the best restaurants in Long Beach. Located in the Historic Breakers building on the 15th floor boasting panoramic ocean and city views. Our 4 Diamond Chef offers seasonal farm to table produce, fresh wild caught and sustainable seafood, all natural certified no hormones grass fed meats. Award wining wine list, sommelier service, wine pairing dinners, mixologist craft cocktail bar, live music on the weekends, a rooftop bar, and a wine bar located on the lobby level. Catering and special events available for large parties. Wedding ceremony and ballroom reception sites, rehearsal dinners, birthdays, anniversaries, quinceaneras, bar/bat mitzvahs and any other celebration.Continued
*Dress Code: Elegant, no shorts, flip flops, hats, or torn jeans. Dress to impress.
*Dress Code: Elegant, no shorts, flip flops, hats, or torn jeans. Dress to impress.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Sky Room - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
The Sky Room reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (105)romantic (100)special occasion (91)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (23)late-night find (13)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We didnt sit place we want to sit.(can view beach side)But food very good !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencecjoyDined on 9/6/2014definitely go here love the server MARTY and maître d PIERRESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticCPR55Dined on 9/2/2014Very nice romantic spot, the service was Excellent. The food was ok nothing out of this world.Special Features:
- Love this place!coachcatDined on 8/30/2014One of the best kept secrets in Southern California! Delicious food, great service and terrific entertainment and dancing while you eat!Special Features:
- Long Beach gemTravelButterflyDined on 8/30/2014We loved The Sky Room - excellent service, food and incredible views. The jazz band on Saturday evening was exceptional - we had a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but....DinerGuy101Dined on 8/23/2014Their lobster mac & cheese changed my life but the "ambiance" was a bit elderly. Great food but NOT a good romantic spot for anyone under 50. When patrons from another table began complaining loudly about their arthritis it was time for the cheque. My younger date was not impressed. Service was good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place, awesome servicetemoc10Dined on 8/20/2014Our server Marty was amazing. He really made my girlfriend and my night special. He has exceptional customer service skills and is very nice and friendly. We will definitely be returning for another special occasion. The food was good and the view is breathtaking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came for the View but didn't get itluv2eatalotDined on 8/16/2014Took my friend here for dinner who was visiting from Paris. I wanted to return the favor since she took me to Le Georges in Paris when I visited her. My reservation was for 8:15 and was told to go to the bar while they prepare our table. It took 2 follow-ups and 30 min before we were showed our table. We noticed that a table by the window was available and requested if we can have it instead. We were told we couldn't since it was reserved for 4 and there were only 3 of us. I told them our table could obviously accommodate 4 as well. To make the story short we didn't get moved and later somebody came to apologize to us because the table by the window was empty the rest of the evening. I made them know how I felt based on my tip.Special Features:
- amazing night2dieforVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had the best service ever, Marty is absolutely amazing!!!Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerJennyPennyDined on 8/13/2014We were really early but they accommodated us. Our fabulous server Steve made it an unforgettable experience. Rib eye and red snapper were delicious. Great atmosphere, great food. I will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pricey view....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Cuisine and wine are little pricey for what is served. View is spectacular however!Special Features:
- Perfect Night out -Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014We celebrated our Anniversary night here. We started with drinks at the bar and appetizers. Then moved to a romantic table with booth seating facing the water. We had the seafood platter that was Fabulous! It was a WOW! My favorite was the lobster and tuna! We shared the asparagus soup. We shared the duck breast entree which made a perfect ending. We were too full to move. Lastly,we were brought a surprised anniversary dessert. The scenic view is so romantic and calming. It was the perfect meal and date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic RestaurantJimGDined on 8/2/2014Our dinner was very good with the exception of the sundae we ordered for desert. The whipped cream had a granular texture. The entertainment was fantastic provided by a band called the Boyz and the Beez. A fantastic restaurant for that special occasion.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencerobertDined on 7/26/2014Service was impeccable. Food was very tasty, expertly prepared with a fantastic presentation. Our visit to The Sky Room was prompted by Dine LA and it was an exceptional way to experience the restaurant and will result in our return.Special Features:
- lk2eatDined on 7/26/2014A great place for a special occasion. Pricey. Food is great. Great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentproudpa5Dined on 7/25/2014This is my go to place when I want to have good food, friendly service and amazing ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Expectations?kwisteenDined on 7/25/2014Came here for DineLA and went in with high expectations seeing that it was a $45 menu. I think the money was more for the ambiance&service, rather than the food itself. I think evenly, some plates were outstanding, but others were not great at all... not even memorable. Maybe it was the DineLA menu that provided mediocre selections, but it is a place I'd come back for the view and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Great ExperienceMikeDDined on 7/25/2014Been to The Sky Room a few times. Had dinner there on the dineLA menu. The Sky Room has become one of the few restaurants I feel that I can order anything off of the menu and know that I'll love it. They had a calamari appetizer I hadn't seen before. It was a real fine. I'd always had the crab cakes before, but the calamari is my new favorite. The salmon has been cooked perfectly every time we've ordered it. Slightly crispy on top, soft, flaky and delicious throughout. Some work was being done to the building in preparation of the building's 90th anniversary coming up. The manager came around to the table during our meal to say hello, chat a bit, and answer questions about the dishes we'd ordered. I really like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food, subpar desserts...msirisDined on 7/20/2014The drinks were fantasic, the food was delicious... But a tad bit salty, and that's coming from a person who loves salty food. The view and desserts were disappointing. There is no view of the sunset, it makes no difference where you are seated. If you have a view of the ocean, there is no opportunity to watch the sunset. Food was great and our waiter Jerry offered great suggestions. I enjoyed everything but the dessert. We boxed it up and took it home thinking we'd enjoy it more when we weren't so full... But it just isn't of good quality. The bread pudding is rubbery, which makes me think it was reheated in a microwave. For the price paid, I expected edible desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- step back in timeenjoylifeDined on 7/20/2014The minute you enter the building, you know it's going to be a special dining experience! The food, the view, the cosmopolitan, and the service were all top notch. I don't think I've had duck that I truly enjoyed every bite. Oh, and the desserts are not to be missed. Dine LA was an excellent way to try this establishment; I will be back soon!Special Features:
- kimberVIPDined on 7/20/2014Beautiful views, nice Art Deco interior. Great wait staff. Crab cakes were excellent, ravioli perfect, bread is outstanding and the scallops over lobster potatoes were divine. Best restaurant in Long Beach.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014We have been to the Sky Room over the years for several special occasion's, and this was my husbands 70 B.day. We went early to have drinks upstairs, only to find it was VERY dirty. We stayed for the view only. Our sever was excellent but my dinner wasn't to my surprise. I ordered the Game Hen it came very dry and the Surprise rice was also. I shared my dismay with the server thinking she would bring the Mg. but didn't. I have always been very happy to tell our friends about the wonderful food, atmosphere, bar service. This is the one time I can't. Your Upstairs really needs a washing.Special Features:
- DineLArredshifteddDined on 7/20/2014This was my second time coming back to The Sky Room for DineLA of all things. As I recall I had the waiter Marty last year. He's a fantastic waiter and his selection for wines versus the on menu wine pairing was much better. Not to mention Marty is a character which made the dining experience bar none as being one of the best I've had in a while. The Scallops and lobster mash which my significant other had was probably the best dish that night only followed by the very filling bread pudding I had. I would most definitely recommend this restaurant to anybody looking for a scenic as well as a memorable experience.Special Features:
- Nice Placelove2CworldDined on 7/19/2014Great view of Long Beach and good service. The roast duck was excellent. Creme brulee and fresh berry Napoleon were wonderful desserts. They even have live singer after 8pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for a night out!NatashaDined on 7/18/2014Decided to dine during DineLA and loved the experience! The food was delish!! The stuffed calamari is a must try, the scallops were cooked perfectly and the bison short ribs were also so yummy! Desserts were delish also!! The live band and the view made the experience just more awesome! Then the cherries on top, was the fact that we could go to the rooftop bar and have drinks and dance! Our server was so funny and had great pointers! Valet parking availableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceLoveOurTwinBoysDined on 7/18/2014Everyone from the moment you walk in the building was very cordial. The elevator attendant was very friendly and extra attentive. Our waiter was pleasant and efficient. The views were breathtaking and the setting was romantic. It was my wife's and my first time there and we both loved it. We'll definitely be back. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully AccommodatingStephenVIPDined on 7/18/2014We dined here to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. I requested window seating and was happily accommodated by the staff. I had an Old Fashioned and she had a sort of Blackberry Mojito - both were delicious. My girlfriend ordered off the Dine LA menu and got crab-stuffed calamari, scallops, duck, and creme brulee. She was pleased with all each dish. I ordered off the regular menu getting lobster mac n cheese and filet mignon - both were amazing! The atmosphere is fun and different. I felt like I had traveled back in time to the early 90s (when I suspect they last remodeled). While one might argue that an update is necessary, I'd argue that the restaurant would lose some nostalgia. All in all it was a great restaurant and we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a major updatePTranDined on 7/18/2014The reason I came here was for the setting (date night). I wasn't expecting great food because I knew this would be a place that is known for the setting rather than te food. The places is in a desperate need of an update along with the food. For dinner I had the braised short ribs. The dish was flavorless. Braised short ribs are supposed to be tender and this was not. Service was subpar as well. It was difficult to find our server when trying to get a menu, water or just ordering. I was rather disappointed given the price point.
- Definitely be backCr8ZViejoDined on 7/18/2014Came here with the gf and two others. We went during Dine LA. Was expecting small portions to try and wasn't sure what to expect from the food. I'm was surprised and impressed with their portion size and quality of food. Everything from appetizer to dessert was delicious. Everyone agreed, not only myself. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014They are doing some renovations so entrance was all in construction. Elevators are old. Ambience is OK, nothing special. view is nice at night. At day time it's just a view of harbor. I kinda expected a beach view but got a harbor view. Service was OK. One waiter was obnoxious, making jokes about me and my husband's anniversary and asking why we don't wear our rings - repeatedly. Food was OK. Tasty but pretty pricey and not that good for the cost.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Upon entrance, my date and I were lost in the long hallway walk to the hidden elevator, which later we were told the person whose job was to direct patrons, she was on break.We arrived a few minutes early, however, on our way to be seated, the hostess got into what would have been a very lengthy argument with another patron if I had not demanded immediate seating. The food and service was awful, my date's food was not cooked properly, and had to be sent back, and my food was extremely salty, and cold. Don't think I'll be dining again. Very unsatisfactory food and service. How disappointing, as this was my date's birthday, and she expected a much better dining experience.Special Features:
- CMJ7Dined on 7/12/2014Everything was great! the food, the service the staff was very helpful. I really enjoyed myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise find!GaryDined on 7/11/2014Dined here for first time on 7/11/2014.All employees including first-floor receptionist, elevator attendant, restaurant receptionist, waiter, and assistant waiters were all exceptional. It was very refreshing to see such a compassion shown by all to ensure pleasant dining experience. I will definitely go back for another experience soon!Special Features:
- birthday dinnerLBClocal84Dined on 7/6/2014I took my fiance to the sky room for her birthday. The waiter was pleasant and the food was great. Best of all, the view made for a very special eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDinerDined on 7/4/2014We made a reservation and we were still made to wait for 30 minutes. We checked in and was told to wait at the bar for our table. Everybody else waiting had been given tables after 30 minutes except us. We were the only ones left in the bar waiting for our table. Finally, a lady asked for the last name of the person who made the reservation and that's when we were led to our table, they obviously forgot about us.Special Features:
- Top drawer! Outstanding!BlissfulDined on 7/4/2014Amazing!! We really enjoyed every moment from our champagne to our dessert! Two sommeliers!! Tres bien!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I got engaged here.DymotoDined on 7/4/2014Towering over downtown Long Beach and nearby Pike, Aquarium, Queen Mary and yes 4th of July firework spectacular. We love this place. It is on the pricey side but for a special occasion you cant go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mini Rainbow Room!Spotlight0120Dined on 6/28/2014A group of five of us dined here on Saturday night when we had the opportunity to be there for the ballroom style dancing to the live music. Our server was energetic and lots of fun, making great recommendations and guiding us through the evening at our own pace. We brought two bottles of our own cellared wine ($25 apiece corkage) to have with dinner. Everyone was delighted with their cocktails, salads, and choices of entrees. One of us had the filet, another had the lamb, two of us had the black cod, and I had the duck. The accompaniments to each entree was thoughtful and enhanced each dish. The band started at 8:00 and the dance floor started to fill with fabulous diversity. This was our first time here, and won't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!HappyDinerDined on 6/26/2014The restaurant was very accommodating to my request of helping plan a surprise five year anniversary. They were very welcoming and warm. The food was amazing and the service was superb. I would highly recommend the Sky Room for any special occasion. Thank you for a great night and amazing experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with great viewMikeDined on 6/26/2014Food was great. Wait staff was very accommodating, and the view was spectacular for the region.Special Features: