The Sky Room
40 South Locust Ave
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Sky Room
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theskyroom.com/
- Phone: (562) 983-2703
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday: 5:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Sunday: 4:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Sunday - Friday 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary French / American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Juan Carlos Olvera
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Sky Room hosts private parties, wedding receptions, corporate dinners and receptions, social gatherings, fundraisers and any other special occasion . Choose from an extensive menu to guarantee everyone's satisfaction for any party or event. We offer full service catering, entree selection the night of your event in The Sky Room, 4 diamond chef, fine dining service standards, house centerpieces, house linen, fine china, and the Sky Room management overseeing your reception.
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant has 2 large dining rooms. Seating capacity for private functions to 100 in Deja View Room. City Lights Main Room seats to 140. Combined The Sky Room seats up to 240 guests.
Small Private dining room seats 2 to 18 guests.
Up Lounge Rooftop bar holds approximately 75 people combined seating and standing room.
Wine Down Lounge (wine bar holds approximately 75 guests for seats and standing receptions.
Grand Empire Ballroom (located in the lobby level) seats up to 220. Vaulted ceilings, crystal chandeliers, elegant ballroom.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 5629832724x
- Entertainment: Friday: Live Band Saturday: Live Band.
*music changes monthly, please check website for current details
- Special Events: Weddings, Anniversaries, Social gatherings, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs,
Corporate functions, VIP receptions, Board of Director's dinners, Fundraisers and any other special event imaginable.
- Cross Street: Ocean Blvd. (Inside the Historic Breakers building)
- Public Transit: Taxis are available. Metro Rail is within a couple blocks from the Skyroom. The bus stop is located at the corner of the Breakers building.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Pull up to The Skyroom's entrance and the valet will assist you with your auto. Valet is $7.00. Near by self parking is also available.
A word from The Sky Room
Enjoy an unforgettable evening of dining, dancing, and romancing at The Sky Room, one of Southern California's most romantic restaurants, and considered one of the best restaurants in Long Beach. Located in the Historic Breakers building on the 15th floor boasting panoramic ocean and city views. Our 4 Diamond Chef offers seasonal farm to table produce, fresh wild caught and sustainable seafood, all natural certified no hormones grass fed meats. Award wining wine list, sommelier service, wine pairing dinners, mixologist craft cocktail bar, live music on the weekends, a rooftop bar, and a wine bar located on the lobby level. Catering and special events available for large parties. Wedding ceremony and ballroom reception sites, rehearsal dinners, birthdays, anniversaries, quinceaneras, bar/bat mitzvahs and any other celebration.Continued
*Dress Code: Elegant, no shorts, flip flops, hats, or torn jeans. Dress to impress.
*Dress Code: Elegant, no shorts, flip flops, hats, or torn jeans. Dress to impress.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Sky Room - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
The Sky Room reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (93)scenic view (93)special occasion (85)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (30)late-night find (25)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (23)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (4)Show More
- We loved it...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The Sky room met all our expectations and beyond. The live band was on point and played a great variety of music. The food was exquisite and the desserts were heaven. Our waiter was friendly and made us feel like the center of attention. I would highly recommend the Sky room to everyone so they can indulge in the great atmosphere and enjoy some amazing food with a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okGsommcanDined on 11/22/2014Although there is a sign indicating a remodel is in process, the venue is in rough shape - from the lobby entrance through the restaurant itself. The food is not bad but it's unremarkable and prices are very high; service friendly but slow; tables are quite crowded together - so much so that if there were a need to evacuate, you'd be climbing over fellow diners to get out. The wine selection is not extensive but prices are reasonable and there is likely something for everyone. The valet staff was a little sketchy-looking. For the expense, this should be a very fine dining establishment, which it is not.
- Little disappointedTrixieDined on 11/21/2014My husbans made the reservation through Open Table for my birthday and requested an ocean view table. When we arrived we were told they only had city view. I was disappointed because I had worked in downtown Long Beach for 9 years and this is one of the restaurants I always wanted to visit but never had the time. I was greatly looking forward to it and was very disappointed when we did not get the view we requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014The sky room is very nice, I loved it. Very romantic, the service was great very nice . The lighting was very vintageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findpickyeater311Dined on 11/12/2014I was looking for a special place to celebrate our anniversary and I came upon The Sky Room. The view was nice and the service was excellent. Jerry was our waiter and he was entertaining, friendly and spot on. Food was okay, didn't match up to the high price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Amazing EveningskeemudgeDined on 11/8/2014The Sky Room is all its cracked up to be. Great ambiance with a nostalgic feel. Was crowded, but not noisy, busy, but service was exceptional. Started off with a celebratory champagne (got engaged just an hour before). Selected the artisan cheese and focaccia bread. Then moved on to a great blend (Grattamacco), split a Caesar salad (the only average plated course we had). She had the scallops, I, the filet mignon. Both we excellently prepared and presented. Split a creme brulet and retired upstairs for one more drink before calling it a night. And really...some amazing views. The staff was outstanding and treated us very well all evening. Want a special night out, hit the Sky Room. Was really fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The place is the bomb. Delicious food, great service. Nice view what more can you ask forSpecial Features:
- A Perfect Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014This restaurant has it all a wonder atmosphere, decadent food and wonderful servers who are extremely helpful and so very nice. The chef was able to make me a Surf n Turf and the lobster was delicious and the filet was perfect. And you can't beat the beautiful view of the lights of the city! It was also a clear night so we could see a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sitting on top of the world.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/7/2014What a wonderful and magical evening. Tino needs to play more romantic slow songs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KMacVIPDined on 11/7/2014The Sky Room is histotric, with great views of the city and ocean, the food is fantastic and service was great as well. A great place for a romantic evening out, particularly if you enjoy live jazz and dancing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best restaurants in LB!LBHikerDined on 11/7/2014Best restaurant we've been too! Amazing from the start with the elevetor attendant, immediately seated as requested with a great view. Decor is amazing. Great service from everyone attending us and making good suggestions. Our food was delicious, from the appetizers to the main courses. Filet Mignon and Rack of Lamb tibdie for. Ambience music was reminiscense of the historical landmark we were dinning in. Later with the band playing the music was great sad we had to leave but ready to come back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening with familyJaniceDined on 11/7/2014The Happy Hour menu and drinks were very good and the view outstanding. My family especially enjoyed the seafood tower.Special Features:
- more selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I wish dinner selection have more choices to choose from. I am not a big fan of veal and lamb. I suggest more seafood selection beside shrimp (I am allergic to shrimp) and fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long beach gemWineGirlDined on 11/1/2014Sky Room has simply phenomenal food and an excellent wine list. I have yet to try anything on the menu that wasn't incredibly flavorful and perfectly prepared. The view is stunning and the service is truly fantastic, even when the restaurant is packed. It is located at the top of the Breakers, a historical building built in the 1920's, so the building is older with some interesting quirks, but it doesn't detract from the overall experience. My absolute favorites are the beef carpaccio with the black truffles, the scallops, the miso butterfish and the filet mignon. Sky Room is a hidden gem in Long Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, butKenGVIPDined on 10/31/2014The location is fantastic, the food was very good, the ambiance was quiet but our table was so dark you literally could hardly see your food. The menu was impossible to read without the ever present cell phone flashlight, which was, of course, no help while eating. The waiter was excellent, if a bit too chatty. All in all a very good dinner, but the only thing that justifies the price is the view.Special Features:
- Dining experienceKathDined on 10/30/2014First time eating at the Skyroom was a wonderful experience. My request for a special table( due to a birthday) was honored and our server blended the right amount of attention and time alone during the course of our time there The meals were great, and the view wonderful. I would recommend this restaurant for those who want a dining experience, not just a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBfoodieDined on 10/29/2014Our waiter was very good to us. Service was excellent. Food was great. Definitely will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice View, good foodJonnyMussVIPDined on 10/25/2014top floor of a very interesting building... you enter on a floor that appears to be the basement level of a rundown Long Beach building. Don't let that scare you. The restaurant was a good option in Long Beach. I ordered the Black Cod which was prepared perfectly well - packed with flavor, freshness and design. The wine list was quite exhaustive. Servers very friendly, outgoing and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Mr & Mrs VancevmotionDined on 10/25/2014We went for the first time for our anniversary and were pleasantly surprised... the ambiance the décor all made for a romantic setting. The service was top notch. Dinner was great, we will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchdatenightbestDined on 10/25/2014I have bought many of my friends gift cards for their anniversary, so if was nice to be treated to dinner for our 27th wedding anniversary. I fell in love with the view but much more in love with the food. Did I mention that the wine list was more like a book and we picked a winner (2010 limited Montes). Service was superb and I will be back to dine with friends and family. This was a night to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Food was delicious and service was outstanding. The view was great, will be back for our next anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate Dininglive2eatDined on 10/24/2014I found this place while surfing for "most romantic restaurants" and it lived up to that title. Our favorite things about the night were the live music, really fantastic band with Bili Redd fronting, and the view. I'd like to say that the food blew our minds, but it didn't. We liked what we had, but everything on the menu was too familiar to feel truly unique and the flavors were solid, but not exceptional. For the price, I really expected to experience something special (1-10, I'd say a 7). The service was also solid, but again, not at the level which makes you and your night feel that extra level of special (just our subjective opinions - others might feel differently).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionJesse1886VIPDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Sky Room. She works away during the week, so we look to date nights to be special. I asked via Open Table for a table with a good view, and they went well above and beyond. My wife was over the moon. Food, music, view, all were fantastic. I especially recommend the nightcaps section of the cocktails. We will be back. TIPS + getting there is a bit funky. From the valet, go down the hall and wait for the elevator. The doors kinda look like closet doors, but the elevator works fine. It may take a few extra minutes, but don't lose heart. + they have a great wine list but be sure to ask for it, because otherwise you might think the by-the-glass selections are all they haveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The service amazing. The view amazing , and the food too was very good. If you want to have a very relaxing dinner this is the place Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing! Romantic! Perfect..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Amazing view, perfect food, great service! Adam was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bbdineoutDined on 10/23/2014Food was good but does not live up to it's price tag. Waiter was attentive.Special Features:
- Sky Room AnniversaryGSirkoDined on 10/21/2014This hidden gem took me a while to find online. I'm glad I kept searching for what I thought was the perfect place. It turned out to be better than perfect. Not only was my wife extremely impressed, she was forced to try my favorite dish, Filet Mignon since she isn't a seafood person. One of the many waiters who catered to us offered my wife a virgin berry mojito, (something she would've never gotten). She actually loved that drink as well. So she was really impressed and excited with trying new things and enjoying a romantic evening watching the sunset. The main entrance is getting a much needed make over. My wife thought we were in the wrong place when we first walked in. I'm sure it'll be amazing when it's all finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualRegularVIPDined on 10/17/2014It had been a while since we have gone to the Sky Room so on a whim we made reservations. Luckily we got in. We had a lighter meal of stuffed calamari and crab cakes and split a ravioli entree. All were excellent. We ended the night with a hot fudge sundae which was quite good. So much for that light meal..:). The stuffed calamari is one of their signature appetizers. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Nightmissroxy12Dined on 10/17/2014I surprised my husband with reservations on a Friday night. From the moment we stepped in the door, we were greeted with smiling faces and amazing service. The views are gorgeous! We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great night outHeatherBVIPDined on 10/10/2014I have lived in Long beach for 5 years and the Los Angeles area for 15 prior to that. I had always heard the Sky Room was good but just never ventured over. We will now be regulars! The food and service was amazing. Great menu choices too. The bar has a fantastic craft beer lista dn some of the best bourbons you can buy...one special onein particular that we can't find anywhere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night 3Oct2014WowitsedwardDined on 10/3/2014An amazing night for myself and my girlfriend. I wanted to ask her to my military ball in a special way even though we have been a couple for a while, to make it romantic. At first, I wanted to write in a plate with chocolate syrup and they said it might be too long, but they made it happen! Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great for special occasionsJeffDined on 10/3/2014Great views, great food. pricey though... go back in time, dress up and have a great time. good band as well :)Special Features:
- Absolutely Amazing!thejoe321Dined on 9/27/2014The food quality is beyond perfection! The portions seem small, but was actually perfect for my appetite. Obviously, it was on the high end of the price scale, but it was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another 5 StarSatisfiedDined on 9/26/2014The entrance was no the best as it was a long hallway needing carpeting just to get to the elevator. Once upstairs everything changed. The views are incredible, so was the service and the food. An excellent job was done by all and we had to have some desert. An AWESOME evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Legendary restaurantWesselNLDined on 9/25/2014First drink a aperitiv at the bar and then go to your table with a good view over the city or the ocean. There is a long winelist and coctaillist. We took a white saugvignon blanc from New Sealand. The wine was served well and on a good cold temperature. Private dining is possible, but then your only separated with a curtain. Not our thing. We eat very well and had a wonderfull eveningSpecial Features:
- Amazing service and foodredexecgalDined on 9/24/2014Marty, our waiter, added so much to our delightful evening at The Sky Room. He shares our sense of humor. The food was delectable. We started with raw oysters and finished with Filet Mignon and Scallops. Finishing the evening...a chocolate plate to accompany our port and last glass of red wine. We will be back. The building needs renovation. Why not enhance the original splendor of the building rather than ain't over fine wood?Special Features:
- My FavoritelillethDined on 9/20/2014The best restaurant i've dined in. The view is great. The people there are very professionals and polite. The food was amazing, and drinks were very good. I would love to come back but it's very expensive. Worth a perfect occasion.Special Features:
- Dinner and dancingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/19/2014We went here for a birthday dinner and dancing. Meal was great. View was great. Ambiance was great (elegant!). Pricey, but worth it for a memorable birthday. We are relative beginners when it comes to dancing (took ballroom dancing classes a few years ago and have only practiced a few times since). There were a few very good dancing couples on the dance floor and it was very fun to watch them (free entertainment!), but there was room for us and we didn't feel intimidated. The band was very good. Great art deco evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We didnt sit place we want to sit.(can view beach side)But food very good !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencecjoyDined on 9/6/2014definitely go here love the server MARTY and maître d PIERRESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.