The Six - WLA
10668 W. Pico Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90064Neighborhood:
West Los Angeles
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Six - WLA
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thesixrestaurant.com/six/
- Phone: 3108376662
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Six - WLA
The Society of Six was an influential community of six artists in Northern California during the 1920′s prohibition era. At their cabin, known as “The Chow House,” these six closely-knit artists enjoyed creating art with their home-made meals, brews and wines. The Six, established in 2010, was inspired by the “Society of Six” and in its honor we have created this rustic American experience to share unpretentious cuisine that is appealing to everyone. We have brought to our neighborhood a cozy atmosphere that is affordable and accessible to everyone. The restaurant’s décor is built using primarily recycled materials. Classic cast iron skillets and rustic wood planks are often used to serve our delicious locally sourced fare. Our streamlined menu emphasizes the concept of “six”; choose from six exciting starters, six savory entrees, six red wines, six white wines, six brews on tap & six desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Six - WLA - Best Restaurants in West Los Angeles ›
The Six - WLA reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (15)great for brunch (13)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (6)special occasion (4)romantic (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great Food Good ServicejayceeDined on 9/13/2014The food was delicious - I had the quinoa and chicken salad - and the service was great. This was not my first time there and it won't be my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Brunch!TheSastleDined on 8/31/2014Yummy brunch options, huge portions, cute little vibe, and bottomless mimosas! what more could you want?!Special Features:
- JayHGDined on 8/25/2014I am glad this place is not too formal, but still a nice place. I will definitely come back wih friends. Loved my burger and sweet potatoe fries. One thing, though, the mac and cheese fritters were too hard. They should be cooked just golden brown. Mine were too dark and crispy and mac and cheese is supposed to be creamy, even when it's fried...lol! Other than that, in Arnold's best and most ominous voice.........I'll be back!!!!Special Features:
- Great Find!alwayshungryDined on 8/23/2014Picked this spot for a briothers & sisters family get together dinner on Saturday. Everyone was very pleased. There were 7 of us, tables open up just as the last person arrived. Although busy, the waitress was very friendly and attentive. Food came out quickly and no complaints from anyone. The appetizers- peach salad, mac & cheese fritters, tuna tartar, and brussel sprouts were all devoured quickly. Entrees were bleu cheese burgers, braised short rib, pot pie, salmon, chicken and halibut. Plates were cleaned. Delicious desserts were key lime pie, butterscotch creme brulee, and banana creme pie (which was free since I checked in on Yelp). Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable brunchBananieVIPDined on 7/5/2014We made last minute decision on going to brunch one morning and we thought of The Six. Very nice people, great service and the prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Poor experienceluv2eatVIPDined on 6/28/2014This was my first time at The Six in WLA, we are frequent diners at the Calabasas restaurant and have gone to the Studio City one many times. We were 9 adults, once we ordered our food and received it, we were completely ignored, no one asked if we needed anything, had to ask for fork etc. since there weren't enough settings to go around. We ran out of water, really disappointing experience. We did enjoy our food, but will probably not go back to the WLA restaurant.Special Features:
- Great placeNHFoodieDined on 6/15/2014The food was awesome and the service was very friendly. It is small so you may miss it if you are not looking. The wait for our food was a little long but well worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 36 reviews are from the The Six - WLA reviews archive.
- Forgot how great this place wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/9/2014Hadn't eaten here in a while except for ordering pizza to go. Went for a friend's birthday with a large group (9 of us) and everyone thought the food rocked. Also, the service was really good -- none of the bad "big group" dynamic you sometimes have with a big group. Recommend the kale salad with fried skinless chicken. Deelish!Special Features:
- Food was good, but our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/31/2014Food was good, but our server was way too busy playing on her phone and chatting with other staff to take care of us. I had the smoked trout salad which I thought was bland, but my coworker loved hers. The Brussels sprouts and fried pickels were a hit and the risotto was excellent. I would go back if they can get their service in order. oh, and the deserts are BOMBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service attentive.MarionDined on 11/13/2013Food was good, service attentive. Comfortable place for lunch and well-priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cut in halfOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/6/2013Fan of the waffle sliders? Now they come with only two waffles cut in half to make two sliders. Two thirds of the meal for the same price. Really?Special Features:
- Not your parents type of restaurantcindy805Dined on 6/16/2013Too loud. Wasn't great for Father's Day. They gave my dad a free beer. They were out of short ribs on Father's day (from the day before) They forgot to put in my order for fries (it was ok, probable didn't need fries anyway)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diana the server MAKES this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/16/2013I normally go to The Six in Studio City but I thought we'd give this location a try for brunch instead. Boy am I glad we did! While they dont have a patio & their space inside is set up more like a hipster bar... they have superb service from Diana & from their kitchen. Diana is a gem! I will be back for bottomless mimosa brunch because of her! She never let my glass get too empty. She always had a smile & great conversation to go along with it. The kitchen was fantastic, getting our special requests just right. The food was out of this world, even better than Studio City. The cooks always had a smile & a hello when you walked by & while this location is smaller it has Diana and a great kitchen who make this spot rock on Sunday brunch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy, lively, and unpretentiousjtm83VIPDined on 6/2/2013I love this joint because its close to my home, not pretentious (staff or patrons), and the food is always up to par with what I expect. The prices aren't outrageous and its good portions (not too big or too small). Service is great and they take reservations via OpenTable! What more could I ask for? (I would add that its not the most romantic spot so don't use it for a proposal, but definitely a good time spot!)Special Features:
- Everything was greatFoodieVIPDined on 5/18/2013The Food was all great. There was a good selection so that dieters and everybody else was happy. Interesting beer selection. Burger was great. The service was amazing. The food came out quickly as well as very attentive and fun staff.Special Features:
- Another great meal at The SixLaRubiaVIPDined on 5/11/2013Love the Kale Caesar, loved the short rib sandwich, hated that our waiter had friends in (or had some other reason that he spent an inordinate amount of time with that table across the way) and forgot stuff like water. But we'll be back!Special Features:
- Cool vibe, but the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013Cool vibe, but the food was just average at best. We were hoping for better.Special Features:
- I went for brunch on a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2013I went for brunch on a Sunday for the first time this weekend. The dining experience was positive and our waitress was friendly and very helpful. I can't wait to go back and try out other dishes!Special Features:
- Although the menu is limited,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/2/2013Although the menu is limited, what food is served is very good. Our server, Nicole, was very good and didn't miss a beat during our meal. The Six is small, and quaint for two or twenty. The wine and brews list will not disappoint. Great brews on tap.Special Features:
- Excellent hamburger, greatCRM1VIPDined on 3/31/2013Excellent hamburger, great beer. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Casual friendly place withCRM1VIPDined on 3/27/2013Casual friendly place with excellent food and draft beers on tap.Special Features:
- The food was very good anddonnerlVIPDined on 3/23/2013The food was very good and somewhat different from the usual brunch fare. There were a variety of people there -- from couples to groups of friends, but I did not see any children there. My only criticism is that our water and mimosas were not filled without us flaggin someone down and asking. (I can understand the restaurant slowing our mimosa pace, but we really did need water!) I would definitely go back, for the food and the ambiance. Great place to meet up with friends.Special Features:
- Great attentive service. DeliciousBeingVIPDined on 3/17/2013Great attentive service. Delicious trout, beet salad.Special Features:
- My first time at The Six andPhyllisVIPDined on 3/17/2013My first time at The Six and really liked it. It feels like going to a friend's house for dinner. The food feels homemade (a good homemade) and the atmosphere is very warm and friendly. The banana cream pie is a must. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- The waiters were awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013The waiters were awesome. I made a 9-person party reservation for a sunday brunch. I came earlier for a quick meeting with a client and had no problem finding a table without reservation. When it was time for my party to come, the people at my meeting joined the group with no problem. They have an 1 hr and 30 min limit for brunch with bottomless mimosas but allowed my first table to continue our bottomless mimosas with our new table, which arrived 45 min. later. We had a blast. I'll definitely come here again. Any requests we had, they were happy to oblige.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceDonnJulieVIPDined on 3/11/2013We had a very nice Monday night dinner. Their Monday and Wednesday night specials are great.Special Features:
- When it's full, the noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2013When it's full, the noise level is EXTREMELY loud.Special Features:
- The Six is a poor replacementDining101Dined on 2/24/2013The Six is a poor replacement for Jack Sprat's. Everything was just so-so with the exception of the noise level, which was ear-splitting. Next.
- Good service, very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Good service, very friendly staff, but the food was mediocre. Everything sounded and looked delicious but tasted subpar. Dishes were mostly plain and unexciting despite the use of many ingredients. Turkey sloppy joe sliders were the best dish.Special Features:
- Waitress was wonderful.....serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2013Waitress was wonderful.....service was great....and food was delicious! Thank you so much for accommodating our large party!Special Features:
- dinela lunch menu was a winner.gbuckyDined on 1/28/2013dinela lunch menu was a winner. noise level was loud but luckily we came at 2 so crowd was thinning out. Will be back for the onion soup for sure and beet salad.
- So sad.HungryHippoVIPDined on 1/27/2013I'd bet a week's pay that our server was still intoxicated from the night before. Nuf said.
- I feel like we need to bringOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2013I feel like we need to bring a group here b/c we are always surrounded by large, loud groups and the tables are quite close together. It doesn't provide for such a romantic date, though we always enjoy our food and the service is good. Beer & wine only, which is fine for us b/c we know that in advance. dineLA menu was great, though I've enjoyed many of their other options as well.Special Features:
- We were seated promptly andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013We were seated promptly and the service was good. Everyone in our group of five enjoyed their food, quite tasty entrees.Special Features:
- Monday's the have 25% in theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2013Monday's the have 25% in the evenings! That was a very nice surprise when I went.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/12/2013Took a bit long for the food to arrive. There were only 4 customers. But the waffle sliders were good...Special Features:
- I'm never disappointed. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/5/2013I'm never disappointed. The food is fabulous and I really like the ambiance. It's really a gem in a busy location on Pico off of Overland.Special Features:
- Comfort food on the westsidewino2Dined on 1/3/2013This little restaurant is quietly tucked away off Pico Blvd., near Overland. The menu is mainly comfort-style food, such as grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup, crab cakes, pizza, and mussels, all of which are reasonably priced. The restaurant was is a little dark inside but has a bar-like feeling, and is great for brunch/lunch. It was busy, but our waiter was very attentive. There is street parking available, and some parking in the back, and reservations are not necessary. I liked this place as a low-key lunch joint with pretty good food, especially on the west side of town.Special Features:
- We were there with 4 kids,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/2/2013We were there with 4 kids, on the early side - ie - we were pretty much the only ones in the restaurant. Unfortunately there are television sets positioned on every wall playing different sports, etc. It was extremely distracting, and our mistake to bring the kids there... its a shame bc The Six would be one of our favorites, but its almost like they cant decide if they want to be a sports bar or higher end restaurant... I wish they would take the latter route and ditch the TVs... oh - and we did ask to have one turned off above our table (there was literally nobody else in the restaurant) and we were told it was too challenging bc there wasnt a remote and the server would have to stand on a chair to get up to it... its too bad...Special Features:
- Really cool place. Very casualsdp90404VIPDined on 1/1/2013Really cool place. Very casual feel but the food the menu is thoughtful and execution is good. service is warm. I will be backSpecial Features: